• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Banned
Won said:
Theoretically 216.6.226.211:27015

As mentioned often empty. We still hope that EviLore will remove the password from the GAF server. DO YOU HEAR US, EVILORE?

And I don't think anyone believed in 5 Goldrush or even Granary like maps, but it is still nice to see that whatever they want to deilver, they deliver it with the necessary base content, as weak as it may be.
That server's listed at the top of this forum, isn't it? I was asking about the non-official one that Gaffers play on instead.

Cheeto

Botolf said:
That server's listed at the top of this forum, isn't it? I was asking about the non-official one that Gaffers play on instead.
LMS = 216.6.226.211:27015

Someone should just start every page with a post with cXg, lms, 2f2f, and the official ips.

Doytch

So, here's the list I've got right now. Are there any other servers where a bunch of us play? (Ie, not just you, but other gaffers). I'll pm quell when we're happy with the list and ask him to paste it into the OP.

Love Me Sexy: 216.6.226.211:27015
circleX-gaming #1: 67.222.138.74:27015
2fort2furious: 67.18.19.3:27015

And I didn't include the alternate servers like cXg2 or 2f2f 24/7 mario kart.

http://www.steampowered.com/tf2/heavy/kgb.htm

"The unlockable for the Heaviest pugilists out there is the K.G.B. Any time a Heavy kills an enemy with the K.G.B he receives five seconds of guaranteed critical hits. This crit-boost can be used to punch and kill further enemies, extending the boost time. Alternatively, the Heavy can switch to another weapon and use the boost to take out an enemy at range. The Heavy's slow movement speed, and the K.G.B's slower swing speed, make it a risky prospect."

Crit gloves? Too cool :)

Doytch

omgimaninja said:

"The unlockable for the Heaviest pugilists out there is the K.G.B. Any time a Heavy kills an enemy with the K.G.B he receives five seconds of guaranteed critical hits. This crit-boost can be used to punch and kill further enemies, extending the boost time. Alternatively, the Heavy can switch to another weapon and use the boost to take out an enemy at range. The Heavy's slow movement speed, and the K.G.B's slower swing speed, make it a risky prospect."

Nice, but seems really situational. If you want to use your minigun, you'll lose ~1-1.5s taking it out and spinning it up. But only boxing with them could be devastating. hwg will definitely be the best class for that boxing ring map. :lol

I love the achievement names though. :lol

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Doytch said:
And I didn't include the alternate servers like cXg2 or 2f2f 24/7 mario kart.
I'd add cXg2 (209.160.43.166:27015) on there, in case cXg is filled. But don't think too many of us go on 24/7 mario kart?

Doytch said:
Nice, but seems really situational. If you want to use your minigun, you'll lose ~1-1.5s taking it out and spinning it up. But only boxing with them could be devastating.
Well, let's see what the other unlockables are.

Boxing gloves seem tame compared to an axe strewn with barbwire and some bizarro bonesaw.

Check the names of the icons and you'll see what the achievements are. Two very interesting ones:

Show Trial: tf_show_heavy_kill_taunt.png BUT there's another taunt freezecam achievement called Photostroika. Heavy getting a taunt kill?

Konspicuous Konsumption: tf_heavy_eat_sandwiches.png <- what. Possibly a joke from Adrian Finol on SA, but it's quite possible that you'll get the one time health boost weapon for the heavy that was suggested from there.

Cheeto

omgimaninja said:

OMG I THINK I DIED AND WENT TO HEAVEN!!! WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES!!!

Lhadatt

omgimaninja said:
Tek isn't going to like this.

Doytch

I seriously don't get the crit hate anymore. I sort of understood it when it was completely (sort of) random, but now they define rules for it, and people hate it more? If you hate the concept of crits entirely, then just play on nocrit servers and deal with the fact that some of the new weapons won't have any purpose for you.

Confidence Man said:
And here I was thinking, "You know what the game could use? More crits!" YOU ANSWER MY PRAYERS VALVE.
I'm glad you've finally seen the light!

Not feeling this weapon though...not really sure how useful it'd be. What I do like is how it adds another dimension to playing the heavy, very cool.

Won

PillowKnight said:
I'm glad you've finally seen the light!

Not feeling this weapon though...not really sure how useful it'd be. What I do like is how it adds another dimension to playing the heavy, very cool.

I kill more people thorugh punching than through shooting, so I think it is awesome. But Heavy is my least played class and therefor I suck with it anyway. :(

Vlad

Won said:
I kill more people thorugh punching than through shooting, so I think it is awesome. But Heavy is my least played class and therefor I suck with it anyway. :(

I think the Heavy is my second least-played class, with Sniper being at the very bottom of the list, so I've got to say I'm not overly thrilled about the new content.

Still, two of my more favorite classes already got some new toys, so I'm not complaining :).

Lhadatt

I'm going to like playing Heavy again with this. Medic-fueled psycho punching rampages!

Can the Heavy get close to a sentry when he's ubered? This will mean it's easier to KO sentries...

Volcynika

Aside from the epic 20 minute whatever defense of dustbowl 3, this was my night.

cp_dustbowl0001.jpg

Doytch

Volcynika said:
Aside from the epic 20 minute whatever defense of dustbowl 3, this was my night.

That was an awesome defense. That part where they completely broke through and we had almost everyone dead, I thought we were gonna lose for sure.

Javaman

Lhadatt said:
I'm going to like playing Heavy again with this. Medic-fueled psycho punching rampages!

Can the Heavy get close to a sentry when he's ubered? This will mean it's easier to KO sentries...

If the medic hit the uber and rushes out first the sentry will lock on him allowing the heavy or any one else get close without any pushback. Pyro's are a big wild card now though. Better ones will see the uber and start air blasting like mad. If you're targeted by the sentry and you pop in the air for whatever reason the sentry will launch you across the map.

rakka

Lhadatt said:
if you have teammates around at the same time (sometimes even just your medic will do) so it doesn't focus solely on you its pretty easy to take out a hard-to-get-to* SG with an uber (and at times also without).

* if its close range, or around a corner, etc its should nearly always be no problem

Does anyone know how to uncenter the player names? Like those snapshots when someone kills you, I noticed some of you guys dont have them centered.

Companion Cube said:
Does anyone know how to uncenter the player names? Like those snapshots when someone kills you, I noticed some of you guys dont have them centered.
When you press the screenshot button, it moves them.

Badlands Payload Map

"Badwater Basin is a Payload map focusing on more open spaces and less chokepoints than Gold Rush. (A) Right out of the gate is a multi-level area where the Blu team needs to control the high ground while moving the cart through a tunnel below. This open area has few natural choke points, allowing Scouts, Soldiers, and Demomen to move creatively through the space, forcing the Red team to rapidly respond to choices made by Blu. (B) As the track winds its way into tighter spaces, vertical control becomes more important. Each successive checkpoint requires the Blu team to take control of defensive positions above the track, usually occupied by Red Engineers. (C) Eventually the track winds down and a large basin which the Blu team must assault from all sides in a final push to destroy the Red base.

Unlike Gold Rush, where the track is split into three separate stages, Badwater Basin uses a single large stage with several checkpoints. As a result, the Blu team is highly encouraged to push the cart hard after beating their way through the Red defensive line."
http://www.steampowered.com/tf2/heavy/badwater.htm

Oreoleo

It's not actually Badlands though. Your post at first glance made me think the new payload map was just going to be another "remixed" map, but it's all new. The pictures suggest something between Badlands and Casbah.

fallengorn

There's got to be some parts that are like/from Badlands. Otherwise they could've named it pl_wasteland or whatever.

Anyway, "hooray!" for new playload map.

Volcynika

I swear, every night I play this, I still question people that play this game. Do people never see how many people are playing a certain class before choosing what to do? Recently I've been on a lot of teams where I want to be sniper (usually bounce between that or engineer lately), only to have more people join the team and pick sniper to where we have 3-4 of them. Then because they don't pay attention, I need to switch to a different class to help the team.

D:

n0b

Volcynika said:
I swear, every night I play this, I still question people that play this game. Do people never see how many people are playing a certain class before choosing what to do? Recently I've been on a lot of teams where I want to be sniper (usually bounce between that or engineer lately), only to have more people join the team and pick sniper to where we have 3-4 of them. Then because they don't pay attention, I need to switch to a different class to help the team.

D:
Thats always my problem.

fallout

Volcynika said:

D:
This is actually the main reason why I haven't put very much time into Sniper, Heavy, Pyro or Spy!

fallout

Sciz said:
When on earth are there ever too many Heavies? :lol
Okay, maybe not so much Heavy. I just remember people saying: "why on earth are there so many heavies" on a couple of occasions, and since nobody else switched, I did.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Doytch said:
Another epic 15+ min defense of dustbowl 3-2. GGs everyone :D

Indeed. They kept destroying me and javaman's equipment, but, we kept on building!

Also, I dunno if it's my connection or what. I've been getting some crazy lag. So much that I can't play sniper at all. Maybe it's the server. It's also weird whenever a high number of people are on screen things go to hell. Is it because my case might need more cooling or is there a problem with my 8800gt? Compared to Crysis, this isn't pushing shit so...I'm wondering why it's getting so hot. :|

fallengorn

Volcynika said:

D:
Yeah, like those first two rounds on goldrush tonight where we got steamrolled.

Volcynika

GODDAMN YOU INTERNET. QUIT PICKING SNIPERS, THERE ARE ALREADY TWO OF THEM, THAT'S MORE THAN ENOUGH.

Gah.

And I see Goldrush people going from engineer to sniper. How do you make that change (cept for me, since I can snipe. Literally, someone picked sniper and a couple minutes later had like 1 point).

Probably won't be around this weekend, have to move some stuff to campus since I'm starting school next week.

sharkie

Haven't played in a while (still haven't played with the Pyro update let alone the heavy one) but will tonight it'll be good to catch some game time with you guys.

*goes away to stroke Sasha*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom