• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sciz said:
Standard procedure for fixing bizarre bugs with Valve titles is to first verify the integrity of the game cache (properties > local files), and if that fails, delete and redownload.
Deleted it and reinstalled and I'm still having this issue.

Bunny

striKeVillain! said:
Deleted it and reinstalled and I'm still having this issue.

i used to have a similar problem during the beta. try lowering the direct x setting on tf2 to 8.0

Javaman

Great games tonight everyone. Certainly crazy enough LOL.

b99a9d.jpg

Javaman

Davidion said:
The tempo felt weird the whole night. I swear it's the 1st time F7 games haven't involved total steamrolls all around.

Were you on that one earlier? Most of the night we were on CircleX.

Davidion

Javaman said:
Were you on that one earlier? Most of the night we were on CircleX.

Oh geez...we were on circle X, weren't we.

I was on the game for most of the day yesterday; I do believe I lost track.

Well, explains why the games were so even then.

Capndrake said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

dygit was doing an amazing kiddy voice together with somebody else on 2fort2furious yesterday (I was there too) and somebody recorded it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siSMr82VzBs

I can't believe Dygit riled people up that much. :lol Idiots.

Capndrake

Oldschoolgamer said:
Holy shit dude. I wish I was there. Every time I see Drake on the server it's full. :( That sniper map seemed kinda fun. That "pyro" shit is hilarious.
Donate $20 during the next donation drive (Later this month) and get a reserved slot. A few other GAFers did so/are going to do so as well, actually. Then you can just type "connect <ip>" in the console, boot someone and take his place. And you'll gain the ability to !pall.

I got a reserved slot when it was possible to earn one by just playing a lot

I used to go to the 2f2f server pretty often until I started getting the "You can't play this from a cafe account" kicking message. This isn't a cafe account and never was. I read it was because someone was abusing their cafe account to keep coming back on the server and you know blah blah blah. About the time I was going to join the forum to see about fixing this for me was when they shut off registering and now it's set up so you have to join the server itself to join the forum.

:(

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Wow, our team just got owned on Dustbowl so bad. 2-3 uber pyros is impossible to fight off on Dustbowl unless you do the same thing :(

Javaman

yeah. Quite horrible to experience the receiving end of. I think they steamrolled the entire Dustbowl map in less then 4 minutes. The last 4 cps were just non stop.

Capndrake

Alaskanbullworm said:
I used to go to the 2f2f server pretty often until I started getting the "You can't play this from a cafe account" kicking message. This isn't a cafe account and never was. I read it was because someone was abusing their cafe account to keep coming back on the server and you know blah blah blah. About the time I was going to join the forum to see about fixing this for me was when they shut off registering and now it's set up so you have to join the server itself to join the forum.

:(
You can register on the forum now I believe. PM FLOOR_MASTER your Steam ID and he'll unban it (He banned every one within a certain range because they were mostly cafe accounts).

Capndrake said:
You can register on the forum now I believe. PM FLOOR_MASTER your Steam ID and he'll unban it (He banned every one within a certain range because they were mostly cafe accounts).

That's the thing though, I was able to register a few days ago, but to activate it you have to enter a console command while you're on their servers. And you can't do anything until it's activated.

Capndrake

Alaskanbullworm said:
That's the thing though, I was able to register a few days ago, but to activate it you have to enter a console command while you're on their servers. And you can't do anything until it's activated.
PM me your Steam ID and I'll forward it.

Javaman

Ysiadmihi said:
Wow, apparently some servers ban you for preventing a crybaby soldier player from spamming his crit rockets with headshots :lol

Yeah, that was pretty much bullshit. One person complains/bitches about nothing and initiates a lopsided kick. Goobers kicked you without even knowing why.

Davidion

DenogginizerOS said:
Ok. What is the best time to meet up with you guys? I love this game, but I need teammates.

The European contingent is usually on all day US time. The US folks usually get on around 7-8 eastern.

Volcynika said:
I'll get banned for sniping well! :<

If you're not on my team, GOOD.

*runs away*

Javaman

Volcynika said:
Aw I missed it. When and where did it happen?

It was late last night on the E7 or F7 server. I kinda feel bad because I kept playing on it and KaktheYsiadmihi moved on to another one.

Is the friend's list offline for some reason? I can't seem to connect.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Sciz said:
Tonight's CXG Dustbowl game in a nutshell:
Thank god all the cXG guys were on our team in the following games. I don't think I won a match yet at that point, and I was getting irritated.

Edit: checked my cXg stats. Wow, I'm still ahead of killing bend by 1. :lol

Doytch said:
At least Brian Peppers wasn't there.
You missed it, he was there. Everyone was there, we actually lost that round where I got 56 points as medic.

I really wish ubers weren't in the game sometimes. A team with organized Medics + Pyro or Demo is unstoppable on offense.
Well, you've got a lot of choices to counter that, so it's not really unstoppable.

Twig

Banned
Last night I backstabbed 11 people in a very short amount of time.

Then I died and pulled some serious Rambo shit, weaving in an out of traffic, rockets and all, cloaked, before backstabbing a heavy and a spy I saw cloak on the very edge of the screen.

That was probably the best I've ever done as a spy.

I wish I was recording it. ):

Volcynika

TheOneGuy said:

Then I died and pulled some serious Rambo shit, weaving in an out of traffic, rockets and all, cloaked, before backstabbing a heavy and a spy I saw cloak on the very edge of the screen.

Video or I don't believe you...oh wait. TOO BAD.

Won

TheOneGuy said:

Well everyone has to start somewhere......

Sciz

PillowKnight said:
Everyone was there, we actually lost that round where I got 56 points as medic.
I got autobalanced right before that final winning push, for what it's worth. It was nice to not be eating ubers for a few minutes. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom