• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Massacre at the first point :lol
v66ixi.jpg

:(
30cmvrc.jpg

Learning to love the spy, it has easily become my favorite class.
esrghs.jpg

Firestorm

I haven't been playing TF2 lately at all. I think last time was months ago :( But yeah, L4D killed it. The people on my list who normally played TF2 are now all doing L4D.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeah I noticed that too.

I'll probably put 20-30 hours into it, and go back to TF2 waiting for mods.

I don't see it holding my attention for long.

Won

Valve introduced the X360 effect to PC games. People just moved on to the next game, it seems. :lol

They need to push out another update as soon as possible. It feels a bit abandoned after a year full of support. Last update feels so long ago and the next update is not in sight yet. :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Won said:
Valve introduced the X360 effect to PC games. People just moved on to the next game, it seems. :lol

They need to push out another update as soon as possible. It feels a bit abandoned after a year full of support. Last update feels so long ago and the next update is not in sight yet. :(

I think they want to flesh out L4D as much as possible.
I'm sure the updates will be back in early 2009 to sucker people back into TF2.

It's going to be funny seeing half the team as one class again :lol

Won said:

Don't worry, they're planning something big, i can feel it!

Twig

Banned
Well we no longer have a "GAF server." ):

That's kind of when I stopped playing a lot. Although I still jump on 2f2f every now and then.

Doytch

Yeah...L4D took everyone except Java it seems. :lol

But I don't think L4D is gonna last as long... Mainly because you can't go into a server if you're the only one, or the fifth, or ninth player like you can with a classic multi game like tf2. Hope they release a huge pack, with two or three classes sometime in Feb/March. :D

Twig

Banned
I can safely say L4D will last me a LONG time, but that doesn't mean it's the only game I want to play!

Same thing happened when TF2 first came out (and with each subsequent patch). I play a LOT for a month then slowly dwindle off, then miss the game heavily, then find a reason to come back. Always the same thing. Nothing's changed except right now I'm in the off phase. O:

fallout

SyNapSe said:
this thread has died total, it must be some combination of L4D and the wow expansion
It's mostly L4D, I think. We'll be back, though.

Really, if you wanted to start up a TF2 game on some empty server, I'd hop in for sure! Hell, this goes for CS, DoD, BF2, etc. (might need to install, though, heh). I'm just not interested in organizing it myself because of ... well, you know. L4D.

Sciz

Ahhhhhh. It's nice to be able to max this game out and maintain a solid 60 fps. I'm also glad that my skills haven't degraded as much as I'd feared they would after not playing at all for a few months. :lol

In my case, it isn't a matter of completely dropping TF2 for L4D and so forth. I just tend to binge on a single genre or game for a few months at a time and then drop it cold for a few months while I go binge on something different. I'll happily engage Team GAF in a game of either title.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Still playing TF2, but L4D has finally shipped so I don't know how much longer that will be.

We secured the right/left passage so no surprise dropdowns, plus the enemy snipers were on the ledge and roof so I had free reign for quite a while :D
29c3q5y.jpg

It think this was something like 8 scouts on each team, pretty crazy.

2retu2f.jpg

Still having a ball with spy, racked up some sweet runs defending the first point :D

scxttf.jpg

Javaman

That sneaky Hannibal Lecter is at it again!

9t390h.jpg

Also on Gold Rush, good times on the way to cp1

sowk1h.jpg

I had some type of sound loop after the map loaded which messed the textures up, but restarting TF2 fixed it.

I'm getting sick of L4D. Too much drama doing the invites and generally stressful not wanting to let the team down.

Let's get the TF2 band back together. We had some good games early in the weekend--I think I've decided Pyro is the class I'm meant to be.

Capndrake

Almost hit zero hours of TF2 in the past two weeks, but I'm starting to play it again now. 2f2f's rotation is being changed soon so there should be some new awesome custom maps.

A few of us have been playing on F7 off and on. I need to get back to doing development in the evenings, but any multiplayer gaming I do for the next week will probably be TF2.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Well, TF2 is not immune to stutter-crashing. :\

I don't know about the rest of you, but it felt weird going back to TF2... although I was playing better than I thought I would.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
fallengorn said:
Well, TF2 is not immune to stutter-crashing. :\

I don't know about the rest of you, but it felt weird going back to TF2... although I was playing better than I thought I would.
:lol

I hadn't played in a while then started playing demo and was owning up the place.

Then I started thinking too much and sucking and missing all my pipe bombs.

Had a moment with the sniper when I got those 17 headshots as well where I wasn't missing ANYTHING and had the bar perfectly filled up each shot.

I think it's 38 hours / 2 weeks for me now.

I think I might venture on circleX, or whatever you play on now. :lol

Javaman

Cheeto said:
New video card working out for you?

Yeah thankfully. TF2 and Titan Quest are running smooth as butter on max settings (apart from AA)

Great gaming tonight guys! It was great seeing the "gang" back together and kicking ass.

Twig

Banned
I am jealous. Been studying all day or I would've hopped on earlier. ):

FRIDAY I will play.

F7 Lans Midnight Marble Madness. It is mandatory. I love that shit, it so wacky, yo.

JoeFu

Banned
Oh man, today was just like old times. I missed it so much. Was anybody else right clicking to try and melee someone?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
JoeFu said:
Oh man, today was just like old times. I missed it so much. Was anybody else right clicking to try and melee someone?
Playing soldier and L4D aren't too different in that I always make sure to reload. :p

JoeFu

Banned
I think I'm going to start playing TF2 regularly again. It's too fun not to play all the time. I'll give Left 4 Dead a break for now.

No one else was on around 9:00pm, so I got suckered into playing L4D with a friend. I was drinking way too much for a Monday night, so it's probably a good thing I stayed away from TF2.

Unless I get carried away with work, I'll be around tonight.

Javaman

PotatoeMasher said:
No one else was on around 9:00pm, so I got suckered into playing L4D with a friend. I was drinking way too much for a Monday night, so it's probably a good thing I stayed away from TF2.

Unless I get carried away with work, I'll be around tonight.

LOL tell me about it. Thanks to a nasty head cold and a six pack, I probably sounded like a drunk muppet. Did you get a new mic Volcano? Your voice sounds a lot different. Unless you're an impostor.

your=you're, yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom