• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeto

They should have just made that pipe a detail object, that'd stop Spies, Pryos, etc from using it and reserve the route for the high jumping classes.

Sciz

Javaman said:
Can soldiers and demos still get up there?
It's possible, but trickier to do and less effective as a means of clearing them off of it.

On the other hand, there's only one way for BLU to get out now, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a place to stick a sentry to shut it down.

Oreoleo

Might want to try manually verifying the files or trying to defrag the files under the Local Files tab of the Game Properties.

Restart Steam?

Deleting and redownloading the game would almost assuredly fix the problem, but I doubt you really want to do that.

I spent about 15 minutes "defragging" the files last night to play TF2 after the patch came out, and I have restarted Steam. Don't really feel like redownloading the entire game again :/

Fun games on F7 last night. Let's just say that the Neogaf knows how to win:
2ep4uo8.jpg

And rest assured that LouieGeetoo is barely outside of that top 3 as well.

Sciz

PotatoeMasher said:
Fun games on F7 last night. Let's just say that the Neogaf knows how to win:

And rest assured that LouieGeetoo is barely outside of that top 3 as well.
We're all so proud of this, I love it. :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ysiadmihi said:
If it wasn't for the Scout update being next, I'd think that Valve is completely phasing the class out. I rarely play it anymore since there are so many places he is completely useless.

It's mainly only on those 2 payload maps.

Although on any map if there is a sentry, you're fucked. :[

It's not even a hard counter, it's a god damn giant wall.

Twig

Banned
My friend had a sweet idea for a new scout "weapon."

A baseball to throw that the sentry will track and shoot at so the scout can maybe get by sentries unharmed.

TheOneGuy said:
My friend had a sweet idea for a new scout "weapon."

A baseball to throw that the sentry will track and shoot at so the scout can maybe get by sentries unharmed.
Amazing, your friend is a genius. Tell him to email valve ASAP.

I have this weird "bug" ever since the new update. Is it my (shitty) PC, or do some of you get ragdolls instead of gibs when you get killed by a rocket / sticky as well? Sometimes it happens the first, sometimes with the latter and I'm not too sure if this happens due to the weak graphical capabilities of my computer.

Note: I'm mostly playing on low / medium settings and this only occured after the latest update hit.

Sciz

Kestastrophe said:
Is there a NeoGAF TF2 server?
Nothing official or unofficial these days, unfortunately. There are a handful of servers we tend to hang out on, but nothing operated for and by NeoGAF players.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MicVlaD said:
I have this weird "bug" ever since the new update. Is it my (shitty) PC, or do some of you get ragdolls instead of gibs when you get killed by a rocket / sticky as well? Sometimes it happens the first, sometimes with the latter and I'm not too sure if this happens due to the weak graphical capabilities of my computer.

Note: I'm mostly playing on low / medium settings and this only occured after the latest update hit.

Ragdolls.

I think they might only be for crits, not sure.

woxel1

MicVlaD said:

No, I'm getting this too. It's some serious Wile E. Coyote shit.

Also, I hope Valve fixes the bug that kicks everyone off the server in the post-game soon. Very annoying.

The new spy cloak regeneration is ace on Goldrush defense. You can just hang around the spawn running between the ammo crates for forever. Definitely needed to counter the new teleporters, too.

Cheeto

MicVlaD said:

I think valve changed it, not a bug. My theory is that you don't gib anymore unless you get hit with the bulk of the splash damage. I.E. if you have like 15 hp and you barely get hit by a rockets splash, you'll ragdoll instead of gib.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Cheeto said:
I think valve changed it, not a bug. My theory is that you don't gib anymore unless you get hit with the bulk of the splash damage. I.E. if you have like 15 hp and you barely get hit by a rockets splash, you'll ragdoll instead of gib.

Hmm. I still hate it when I fly 200 yards dude do splash damage. Not even a crit rocket. Feels like I got stabbed or sniped.

More destructions than deaths. That is plain wrong.

hl22008-12-1118-49-05-78Large.jpg

hl22008-12-1312-37-55-47Large.jpg

hl22008-12-1312-37-59-71Large.jpg

hl22008-12-1312-38-41-25Large.jpg

hl22008-12-1314-11-57-30Large.jpg

Dispenser on cart blocks projectiles which sucks :[

Cheeto said:
The thing is, I noticed that I also get ragdolled after being hit by 'em dead on, and not necessarily when I'm low on health (not red in any case) either. So after reading that it's not just me, I'm almost certain that it's a bug since the new update hasn't been thoroughly polished...

PotatoeMasher said:
The new spy cloak regeneration is ace on Goldrush defense. You can just hang around the spawn running between the ammo crates for forever. Definitely needed to counter the new teleporters, too.
Shame that Medics (friendlies included) are now the spy's worst enemy, along with the Pyro though. :[

I really hope it wasn't a deliberate decision that the new particle effect can show where you are while cloaked and what side you're actually on. Can't even trick nonchalant enemy Medics into ubering you anymore...

Cheeto said:
I really hope its a bug. I kept getting "spy backstabbed" by regular soldier rockets. It just looked wrong.

MicVlaD said:
Shame that Medics (friendlies included) are now the spy's worst enemy, along with the Pyro though. :[

I really hope it wasn't a deliberate decision that the new particle effect can show where you are while cloaked and what side you're actually on. Can't even trick nonchalant enemy Medics into ubering you anymore...

I'm guessing it was deliberate. Considering the cloak buff, which is also a fantastic way to leach metal from enemy engineers, I'll live with it.

Medics keep over-healing me in the spawn before rounds start. I hate to complain to medics who are healing me, but it renders me useless for ~20 seconds.

The cloak buff makes knowing all of the ammo crate spots that much more important. I find my engineering has helped that out quite a bit, as I can float through most maps without coming out of a cloak.

Cheeto

PotatoeMasher said:
I'm guessing it was deliberate. Considering the cloak buff, which is also a fantastic way to leach metal from enemy engineers, I'll live with it.

Medics keep over-healing me in the spawn before rounds start. I hate to complain to medics who are healing me, but it renders me useless for ~20 seconds.

The cloak buff makes knowing all of the ammo crate spots that much more important. I find my engineering has helped that out quite a bit, as I can float through most maps without coming out of a cloak.
Nah, I think it was just an oversight. It's way too game breaking for it to be deliberate.

TF2 just got an update :

Fixed overheal particle effect showing up incorrectly on disguised or cloaked spies

Changed the achievement tracker to only be available in Team Fortress 2

Added new teleporter sounds for upgrade levels 2 and 3

Fixed engineers being able to upgrade the bomb cart's dispenser found in Payload levels

Fixed bomb cart's dispenser being solid to players and projectiles

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
omgimaninja said:
I can't launch TF2 on Steam. It keeps trying to "verify game files", loads 100%, then goes back to the Games menu. Anybody encounter this?
I used to get it a lot. I had to manually click "verify game files" in the properties tab.

Use memtest and make sure your memory is still okay. My problems were caused by a bad stick.

benjipwns

Banned
I was on a server tonight where this pyro was ubered with no medic over and over. Has anyone else seen this? The server claimed to be vanilla. I've seen people ubered without a medic before but it was just a couple times and I assumed it was a display glitch or something and I hadn't hit them or anything. But this guy was at least four or five lives like this. He'd come in, uber and rip apart the sentries we had.

Probably didn't help that I ragequit, went on DoD:S, and three people on the server had 7:1 ratios and were pulling off noscopes all over the place. Likely me buying into that "better players = hackers" mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom