• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firex

It's too bad the scout got the sandman, because the sniper could've used a boomerang that works the same way as a replacement for the kukri/machete.

Iadien said:
I have over 100 hours played as a sniper, I notice a difference when I switch between shooters. It's kind of like missed backstabs, annoying as hell. Maybe it's just me? =p
Well, it doesn't have to be hit boxes, it could also be bullet speed. I played another game where the sniper rifle was more like a crossbow, and you had to lead targets a little to get a hit.

Rickard

I think the new sniper rifle will have a feature that makes it charge much faster than the regular sniper, but only charges when you're holding the trigger.

This would make it a very effective weapon for suppressing the enemy team but put you at a disadvantage against snipers using the classic rifle.

That seems to be what Valve does with these updates. The Uber beats a kritzkreig, the shotgun beats the flare gun, the minigun beats natascha, the scattergun beats the FAN)

Also, the new rifle wouldn't get headshots or crits and would cause knockback.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I've always thought the Flare gun was substantially better than the Shotgun as a Pyro, especially on the amount of times I've randomly fired shots around and hit an unsuspecting Spy or made Snipers constantly move around rather than stay in one position.

Anyway I'm sure this has been mentioned in the past, but what's the best way to figure out if someone is using some hack device to help them continually as a Sniper? There was one guy who was topping the charts and a few hits he got on me seemed a bit too suss, so I went spectator and watched him for a bit in first-person view. All I can say was he was jittering all over the place which seemed funny to me because when I play Sniper I tend to want to be as smooth as possible in my movements.

speedpop said:
I've always thought the Flare gun was substantially better than the Shotgun as a Pyro, especially on the amount of times I've randomly fired shots around and hit an unsuspecting Spy or made Snipers constantly move around rather than stay in one position.

Anyway I'm sure this has been mentioned in the past, but what's the best way to figure out if someone is using some hack device to help them continually as a Sniper? There was one guy who was topping the charts and a few hits he got on me seemed a bit too suss, so I went spectator and watched him for a bit in first-person view. All I can say was he was jittering all over the place which seemed funny to me because when I play Sniper I tend to want to be as smooth as possible in my movements.
Cloak out of his view, see if he head shots you. If that doesn't convince you, sneak up behind him as scout, check to see if he does a 180 degree kill on you.

Rickard

speedpop said:

Yes, but it terms of fighting other Pyros it is inferior to the shotgun.
What I'm saying is that when Valve updates the weapons they always seem to make the weapons better for fighting some classes, but much weaker for fighting players using the same class as you, which is all you're going to fight when that class gets updated.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
speedpop said:

What was his name?

I know 2 Snipers that are simply GOD-LIKE.
Like I was positive they were cheating, but they weren't.

I think if they move only in 90 degree angles that's a part of it too?

firex

actually I just thought of a kind of decent SMG replacement that could be suitably silly for TF2: a slick gun. it wouldn't have clips or anything. basically it would create a few slippery spots that mess with physics, but are really obvious looking, so the sniper has something else to do on defense besides camp a spot, and so they can make it tougher on people who strafe in/out of their view quickly.

that "hold fire to charge" sniper rifle sounds good, too. I mean it's basically how the TFC sniper worked anyway.

also I personally don't find the flare gun that useful as a pyro player. It's not bad, but in most situations the shotgun is better with enough practice. They're basically lateral items, though, so the flare gun does have its uses and I think people who get good with the flare gun would be pretty deadly.

speedpop

Rickard said:
Yes, but it terms of fighting other Pyros it is inferior to the shotgun.
Usually when I'm up against a Pyro I airblast-control them to stop them heading towards my teammates. I may die but saves that one Medic who is 60-70% to Uber and not a healthpack in sight because every other bugger in flames tries to grab it.

Hazaro said:
What was his name?
He had the handle 123 till I called him out on the Parkinson's disease gig, and he changed it to some normal name with a clan handle and he's like "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!?" and I merely said that reputations of groups in games mean nothing to me.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
speedpop said:

He was most likely cheating if that was going on. Like he was spazzing out?

YakiSOBA

Just wondering if TF2 is working for anyone else right now? I haven't played in a while, decided to jump on... updated steam/TF2 and now every server I try to join I get disconnected and it says "Steam Validation Failed" when I clearly have an original purchased copy... :(

Weird. Also, I noticed that when I clicked on achievements it says I must be logged into steam to view/unlock... but I'm already logged into steam.. that's how I loaded TF2 in the first place!!!

wtf... :lol stupid valve

Rickard

speedpop said:
Usually when I'm up against a Pyro I airblast-control them to stop them heading towards my teammates.
So, again, the original flamethrower is superior in a fight against the backburner.
Classic > New

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
speedpop said:
Usually when I'm up against a Pyro I airblast-control them to stop them heading towards my teammates. I may die but saves that one Medic who is 60-70% to Uber and not a healthpack in sight because every other bugger in flames tries to grab it.

He had the handle 123 till I called him out on the Parkinson's disease gig, and he changed it to some normal name with a clan handle and he's like "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!?" and I merely said that reputations of groups in games mean nothing to me.
:lol

MNC

http://tomtallian.com/pages/tf2.html

So good.

tf2_group.jpg

Some homebrewer pick it up and make a DS game out of it please :(

speedpop

Rickard said:
So, again, the original flamethrower is superior in a fight against the backburner.
Classic > New
The way I play Pyro, it certainly is superior. I'm more of a defensive Pyro that can still provide the annoyances that a Pyro equipped with Backburner excels at - just that they are entirely different and situational playstyles.

MNC said:
That hard to find a decent PC to play TF2 on?

MNC

speedpop said:
The way I play Pyro, it certainly is superior. I'm more of a defensive Pyro that can still provide the annoyances that a Pyro equipped with Backburner excels at - just that they are entirely different and situational playstyles.

That hard to find a decent PC to play TF2 on?
No! Are you insane!? Think of a handheld TF2 other than on laptops! I can play FPS on my pc, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy them on the DS :D

Also I just get a kick out of seeing familiar games on something other than their home version.

Yeah, some of the newer weapons are in fact "weaker" than the originals in terms of firepower, but I don't think all of them are (due to their added perks), at least not by much. Natasha for instance used to be so weak that a Heavy with Sasha could beat it even if the Natasha Heavy had two medics healing him, but as of now Natasha's have a fair shot at killing Sasha's when they're smart and make an effort to catch them off guard. If the Sasha Heavy still has to rev his gun when you're hitting him at close range, then the other guy already lost.

Weapons like the Flare Gun and Kritzkrieg however aren't necessarily weaker either; they (obviously) just have a different use to accommodate a different playstyle. Shotgun's redundant for the Pyro anyway in my opinion - the flamethrower's good enough for opposing Pyro's actually - and the Kritzkrieg is most certainly a viable alternative for the Uber, as well as a proper counter when facing Uber medics if you can adjust to it.

The Backburner blows though, no doubt about that.

speedpop

I like the fact that I can take out an unguarded level 1 sentry with ease using my Flare gun. Of course being a Soldier (which seems to be such a rare class on some servers I play) is much more profitable towards that business, but annoying those offensive Engineers is always fun without getting in their face.

firex

The backburner is pretty good if used properly. The problem is, using it properly requires a lot of coordination and a big distraction so the backburner pyro can sneak in behind during the fight and crit people to death.

I find the flare gun about equally useful with the shotgun, but for different situations. Flare gun is great against slower classes, and especially good for dealing with a lone heavy if you can sneak up to him and there's no health around. Flare, get him to fire at you, run away and get around him and then axtinguish him. Shotgun is great against faster classes when they retreat too far out of flamethrower range.

The axe is a definite upgrade for the sole reason that I never really use the normal axe, and it gives me a fighting chance against heavies or medics.

I'm still kind of curious as to why Sniper gets their update next instead of Soldier or Engineer or Spy. If there's one class that I got bored of (due to how vanilla the playstyle is) it's Soldier, while Engineer feels like it needs something different with sentries, and Spy, well, I actually think Spy is pretty awesome but I'd still like to see it get new tricks before the Sniper. I think I have more fun playing Sniper in Mass Effect than I do in TF2, and I liked the Sniper in TFC.

edit: and I basically don't like playing Sniper because even when it's good, all the other classes (except Engineer) are more fast paced and active. Sniper is just scope, headshot, move, scope, headshot again. Plus, god, a team of Snipers is bad for their own team even if they're all headshot pros, because their playstyle is basically against all the active objectives in virtually every map. They're good in SD, though! and I guess Arena, but I don't play that mode.

Rickard

I just want to be clear about what I'm saying.

I am NOT saying that the new weapons are inferior to the old weapons.

I AM saying that when two players using the same class attack each other, one using the original weapons and one using the new weapons, the one using the original weapons will usually win.

So: When predicting what the new sniper rifle functions are you should follow simple guidelines:
1) Make it do something better than the original sniper in relation to sniping other classes.
2) Make it a disadvantage when trying to counter snipe someone with the original rifle.

Valve makes the weapons this way so that when the updates come out, and everyone starts to use the same class to unlock new gear, players that have the unlocks don't have an advantage.

undrtakr900

MNC said:
http://tomtallian.com/pages/tf2.html

So good.

http://tomtallian.com/portfolio/tf2/tf2_group.jpg

lol, that's how it looks on my laptop:lol
MicVlaD said:
The Backburner blows though, no doubt about that.
It depends on your playstyle, I find my self constantly switching Pyro load-outs while playing.

Backburner is superior when you are getting Uber'd or if you like flanking/surprise attacking foes or if you are just doing a kamikaze rush to slow the enemy's advance. No need to list the Flamethrower's advantages but regardless they both have their uses it depends on the player. Backburner "blows" based on your playstyle while I excel with it:D

undrtakr900

firex said:
edit: and I basically don't like playing Sniper because even when it's good, all the other classes (except Engineer) are more fast paced and active. Sniper is just scope, headshot, move, scope, headshot again. Plus, god, a team of Snipers is bad for their own team even if they're all headshot pros, because their playstyle is basically against all the active objectives in virtually every map. They're good in SD, though! and I guess Arena, but I don't play that mode.
For a sneak preview of the Sniper update release day join any 32_Player_CTF_2Fort_Insta_Spawn server
spaz.gif

But seriously, I agree playing Sniper is boring, I only play Snipe occasionally just to get revenge/take out another sniper harassing our team. Nothing more irritation than to be in a great 1v1(medic+patient) battle only to have it cut short by some random Sniper shot..

yacobod

Banned
i just built a new pc and wanted to get into tf2 and see what i've been missing, is there a gaf server that everyone frequents?

undrtakr900 said:
It depends on your playstyle, I find my self constantly switching Pyro load-outs while playing.

Backburner is superior when you are getting Uber'd or if you like flanking/surprise attacking foes or if you are just doing a kamikaze rush to slow the enemy's advance. No need to list the Flamethrower's advantages but regardless they both have their uses it depends on the player. Backburner "blows" based on your playstyle while I excel with it:D
A Pyro should always attempt to flank or surprise the enemy when he's going to make a move (regardless of which flamethrower he's carrying), so the Backburner being nigh-on worthless in my opinion definitely isn't because of my play style.

Let's put it this way: I see no use for the Backburner since an experienced Pyro can already accomplish everything you just mentioned with the regular flamethrower, and can potentially do an even better job at it too because he has the airburst (i.e. more flexibility). I also don't agree that the Backburner is the better option for Ubers, which are often used for frontal assaults.

firex

MicVlaD said:
A Pyro should always attempt to flank or surprise the enemy when he's going to make a move (regardless of which flamethrower he's carrying), so the Backburner being nigh-on worthless in my opinion definitely isn't because of my play style.

Let's put it this way: I see no use for the Backburner since an experienced Pyro can already accomplish everything you just mentioned with the regular flamethrower, and can potentially do an even better job at it too because he has the airburst (i.e. more flexibility). I also don't agree that the Backburner is the better option for Ubers, which are often used for frontal assaults.
again, if you are thinking purely in terms of individual play, then yes, the flamethrower is better. If you have a good team and coordinate your attacks, the backburner is really good. It just offers no defensive utility.

MicVlaD said:

You're still going on about this? You're making a fundamental mistake in thinking that the success of an ambush is the same with both flamethrowers, they're not. Specially as you come onto more than one person, the odds of a successful ambush increases dramatically with the BB.

undrtakr900

MicVlaD said:

Sometimes its dam near impossible to flank the enemy on narrow-linear-progression attack/defend map(dustbowl,goldrush,etc.) so for those scenarios I use the Flamthrower. But on more open maps like Badwater on defense if you manage to flank the Payload you can wreak serious havok with the Backburner since everyone is facing the other way.

Using my example before when flanking the Payload explain how having "airblast" will be more effective than the Backburner? The Flamethrower can't take out multiple enemies within seconds, sure Flamethrower has "flexibility" but it can't beat BB for brute damage.

Also Backburner is clearly superior for Ubers no matter how you put it. Again its your play-style that makes them ineffective to you, if you are only attacking frontally while Uber'd that's the problem. I use the Pyro's speed to circle strafe the slower classes(ie Heavy) so I can get behind them for the crits. Also most importantly when an Uber-Pyro ambushes a cluster of enemies during the confusion many people turn and run exposing their backs to you not to mention all the random crit pop-ups from the people frantically turning to find an escape route.

firex

everybody else explained this better than I did, but I do like how the BB can also be used to make a pyro more of an offensive support weapon, while the flamethrower can be used more for defensive support.

Ikuu said:
Err, you can't be serious right? Or maybe I just misread what you wrote.
I am, somewhat. I prefer having one close-range weapon instead of two and replacing the Shotgun with the Flare Gun so I at least have something that does reasonable damage at long range. The Shotgun is perfectly fine for all the other classes mind you, so it's not as if I'm saying that it's bad for the Soldier, Engineer, et cetera.

firex said:
again, if you are thinking purely in terms of individual play, then yes, the flamethrower is better. If you have a good team and coordinate your attacks, the backburner is really good. It just offers no defensive utility.
I've only seen Backburner Pyro's kill through "co-ordination" if their victim's too busy shooting someone else if one of them happens to be nearby. Rarely do I see them kill entire groups, however.

PillowKnight said:
You're still going on about this? You're making a fundamental mistake in thinking that the success of an ambush is the same with both flamethrowers, they're not. Specially as you come onto more than one person, the odds of a successful ambush increases dramatically with the BB.
YES

SUCK IT COMP STOMPER

But on a more serious note: not quite, partially due to the Backburner's iffy hit detection. Furthermore, you can be just as successful if you're adept at utilizing the Axetinguisher and know when to retreat while your enemies are still left burning (if a Medic ain't around). Either that, or get lucky with crits when you're doing well / Kritzkrieg.

undrtakr900 said:
Sometimes its dam near impossible to flank the enemy on narrow-linear-progression attack/defend map(dustbowl,goldrush,etc.) so for those scenarios I use the Flamthrower. But on more open maps like Badwater on defense if you manage to flank the Payload you can wreak serious havok with the Backburner since everyone is facing the other way.

Using my example before when flanking the Payload explain how having "airblast" will be more effective than the Backburner? The Flamethrower can't take out multiple enemies within seconds, sure Flamethrower has "flexibility" but it can't beat BB for brute damage.

Also Backburner is clearly superior for Ubers no matter how you put it. Again its your play-style that makes them ineffective to you, if you are only attacking frontally while Uber'd that's the problem. I use the Pyro's speed to circle strafe the slower classes(ie Heavy) so I can get behind them for the crits. Also most importantly when an Uber-Pyro ambushes a cluster of enemies during the confusion many people turn and run exposing their backs to you not to mention all the random crit pop-ups from the people frantically turning to find an escape route.
Honestly? If numerous people get killed in one go near the payload (and this is not a diss towards your skill level btw), then more likely than not the other team's simply daft or hasn't been paying enough attention to their surroundings. I mean, when I pull a killing spree like that off as a Spy or Pyro, it's mostly because the other guys didn't look behind them as often as they should've.

Regarding the use of the airburst in that hypothetical situation: it depends. If there are Soldiers or Demomen near the cart, you can easily use their projectiles against them and their team mates (unless they're smart). It's also useful against cautious Heavies (circle-strafing is pointless against those type of Heavies because you'll be dead before you even reach their backs) by messing up their aim so you can get a little closer if you have enough health, and it can be used to single out specific targets such as Medics before taking down the others (if possible).

And sure, the Backburner might have an advantage if you catch a blob by surprise like that (either if you're lucky on the more narrow maps or if they're oblivious) with or without the Uber, but even then the flamethrower isn't necessarily noticeably inferior if you play your cards right. Kill the medics first after you put everyone on fire, swipe nearby medkits if you have to (very easy to do with the compression blast) and then head on out to finish off the rest if they didn't succumb to the afterburn already. Oh, and you're practically begging for the Medic to go on a suicide run alongside you when carrying the Backburner, while on the flipside you can protect him more efficiently with the regular flamethrower (perhaps at the cost of your own life).

Either way: only in very, very specific situations (which are very low in number to boot) does the Backburner have its use and I'd much rather pick a more versatile flamethrower (both on offense and defense) instead, lest I become an annoyance for my own frikkin' team.

undrtakr900

Honestly? If numerous people get killed in one go near the payload (and this is not a diss towards your skill level btw), then more likely than not the other team's simply daft or hasn't been paying enough attention to their surroundings. I mean, when I pull a killing spree like that off as a Spy or Pyro, it's mostly because the other guys didn't look behind them as often as they should've.

Well you're forgetting the surprise flanks using height advantage. For instance on Badwater you can flank the Tunnel by dropping down from above and take out several people before they knew what hit them. Or sometimes I hide in a doorways blind-spot so when an enemy runs in I take them out easily with the BB. Also if someone(on Payload) is currently in battle(shooting) they aren't going to turn around to spy/flank check and if they do they'll just be an easy target for my team.

Regarding the use of the airburst in that hypothetical situation: it depends. If there are Soldiers or Demomen near the cart, you can easily use their projectiles against them and their team mates (unless they're smart). It's also useful against cautious Heavies (circle-strafing is pointless against those type of Heavies because you'll be dead before you even reach their backs) by messing up their aim so you can get a little closer if you have enough health, and it can be used to single out specific targets such as Medics before taking down the others (if possible).

Again its our play-style, when I flank a cluster of enemies(defense) its usually a kamikaze I'll take out as many as I can before I die spamming my BB with erractic movements. But you're focused on finessing the situation timing airblasts on enemies.
I have taken out several Heavies with BB by ambushing and getting behind them before they have time to wind up.

And sure, the Backburner might have an advantage if you catch a blob by surprise like that (either if you're lucky on the more narrow maps or if they're oblivious) with or without the Uber, but even then the flamethrower isn't necessarily noticeably inferior if you play your cards right. Kill the medics first after you put everyone on fire, swipe nearby medkits if you have to (very easy to do with the compression blast) and then head on out to finish off the rest if they didn't succumb to the afterburn already. Oh, and you're practically begging for the Medic to go on a suicide run alongside you when carrying the Backburner, while on the flipside you can protect him more efficiently with the regular flamethrower (perhaps at the cost of your own life).

Rushing a cluster of enemies with the BB, as long as you keep your movement erratic, you are sure to get several "crit" pop-ups. Once you're Uber runs out the team isn't going to stand around for you to finish them off that's why you have to do the most damage while invincible(ie BB).
Also its the Medics job to assess the situation and know when to pull out, as Medic I start preparing my retreat when the Uber is almost over so I can stay alive.

Either way: only in very, very specific situations (which are very low in number to boot) does the Backburner have its use and I'd much rather pick a more versatile flamethrower (both on offense and defense) instead, lest I become an annoyance for my own frikkin' team.

That's why the player has to create "situations" that are suited to the BB, when I'm in battle my #1 priority is to get behind the enemy. While yours is to use airblast to reflect/disrupt enemy orienetation. For those situations that require airblast I switch my play-style/weapon to whatever is needed most.

============

eDIt: Hmm...don't want to derail this thread so I'll limit my BB talk next time...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Good sniper times :D
First class I started with was sniper and logged some 26 hours, then got sick of it.

I got back into the swing of it and it's just awesome to pull up headshots on scouts at point blank and just land everything.

Although sometimes I'll shoot 2 demos and a soldier in a row and not kill them...

What bar on the meter does it have to be on to kill (At least most of the time) each class?

n5lliv.png

undrtakr900

Hazaro said:
Although sometimes I'll shoot 2 demos and a soldier in a row and not kill them...

What bar on the meter does it have to be on to kill (At least most of the time) each class?
Any questions you have on TF2 about anything is answered at TF2 Wiki: http://tf2wiki.net

SNIPER RIFLE:
Scout:
* HEAD - 0%,
* BODY - 50%,

Soldier
* HEAD - 75%,
* BODY - Mostly over 100%,

Pyro
* HEAD - 60%,
* BODY - Sometimes over 100%,

Demoman
* HEAD - 60%,
* BODY - Sometimes over 100%,

Heavy
* HEAD - 75%,
* BODY - Over 100%,

Engineer

* HEAD - 0%,
* BODY - 50%,

Medic
* HEAD - 25%,
* BODY - 75%

Sniper
* HEAD - 0%,
* BODY - 50%,

Spy
* HEAD - 0%,
* BODY - 50%

Don't worry about charging just go for the quick headshots:D

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
undrtakr900 said:
Any questions you have on TF2 about anything is answered at TF2 Wiki: http://tf2wiki.net

SNIPER RIFLE:
Don't worry about charging just go for the quick headshots:D
I could of sworn I've looked for that page, but I guess I didn't get to it. tfwiki is great site though :D

I do 2 snap shots for heavy, but I hate leaving pyros/demos/soldier with 20 hp or so. Especially when they are standing still giving me a free shot :lol

I thought the numbers were actually lower than those %, which may be why I'm not killing everyone.

undrtakr900

I do 2 snap shots for heavy, but I hate leaving pyros/demos/soldier with 20 hp or so. Especially when they are standing still giving me a free shot

Yeah but at 20hp one stray *projectile* from any of your teammates will give you a free assist kill:D

But I hate Sniper because I have a crappy laptop and average 7-30fps so its impossible to aim when it gets laggy like that =(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
undrtakr900 said:
I do 2 snap shots for heavy, but I hate leaving pyros/demos/soldier with 20 hp or so. Especially when they are standing still giving me a free shot

Yeah but at 20hp one stray *projectile* from any of your teammates will give you a free assist kill:D

But I hate Sniper because I have a crappy laptop and average 7-30fps so its impossible to aim when it gets laggy like that =(
Half a point is not good compared to 2 points :[
Plus they usually run away if I can't no scope them in the body right after.

I need 50fps solid to play TF2 so you are lucky?

speedpop

Haven't touched Medic in a good long while. Forgot how glorious it is on Payload defense with Kritz equipped and really good Demo & Soldier teammates that can read your mind.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
The shotgun is absolutely vital to the Pyro. It's about on par with the flare gun at mid range, but it's actually most useful at close range because it's a reliable fallback option when the flamethrower is too risky. Unlike the flamethrower which requires you to pretty much run in predictable straight/diagonal lines to aim properly, the shotgun affords you freedom of movement. That's why it's often useful to switch to it to kill a target who starts evading your flames even if he's still technically within range. Also, airblast -> shotgun is a fantastic combo for reliable kills.

I tend to think that all the secondary unlocks so far(besides Medic) are clear downgrades that are primarily used by people inexperienced with the class who don't fully understand the usefulness of the original secondary. Everybody learns how to handle the primary weapons of all 9 classes but handling the secondary effectively is a subtlety that takes more time to pick up.

undrtakr900

^ Using the Kritzkrieg(w/good patient) is the only time I have fun with Medic, otherwise I just play Medic because I have to when no one else does. Or if the current teams Medics are too incompetent to be useful(ie Uber a Heavy to take out a Sentry farm =/)
Hazaro said:
Half a point is not good compared to 2 points :[
Plus they usually run away if I can't no scope them in the body right after.

I need 50fps solid to play TF2 so you are lucky?
Yeah I usually charge up a big for the stronger classes but when I'm there for support(ie enemy is engage with teammate) I fire off quick shots.

How is that lucky? I have everything on low even added extra cvars tweaks to my autoexe file to get better performance but its still laggy during battle. I would serious be happy with just a steady 30fps that never dipped or went over...

Nothing more I can do so I'm saving up to get a better laptop.
Current: Sempron 3000+, 2 gig ram, Radeon xPress 200, 40gb HD @ 4200rpm =(

Bogus

Dang, people really hate the Scout, don't they? I got kicked from a server simply for going 5-0 whilst trying out the new shotgun.

The funny thing is that it pissed off the Heavy-playing server admin who couldn't manage to kill me one-on-one. Maybe it's just me, but I usually find Scouts to be really easy kills as Heavy most of the time. Of course, I'm sure there's some lingering hatred for Scouts so soon after the patch. Ah, well.

Force-A'-Nature seems pretty sweet, though. I love that knock-back and the fast rate of fire.

Twig

Banned
Zek said:
I tend to think that all the secondary unlocks so far(besides Medic) are clear downgrades that are primarily used by people inexperienced with the class who don't fully understand the usefulness of the original secondary.
You tend to think WRONG.

speedpop

Bogus said:
The funny thing is that it pissed off the Heavy-playing server admin who couldn't manage to kill me one-on-one. Maybe it's just me, but I usually find Scouts to be really easy kills as Heavy most of the time. Of course, I'm sure there's some lingering hatred for Scouts so soon after the patch. Ah, well.
In other words his own skill level is what shat him off. You can't be blamed for that.

undrtakr900 said:
eDIt: Hmm...don't want to derail this thread so I'll limit my BB talk next time...
Still don't agree with the majority of your points, but I'll stop too then.

undrtakr900 said:
^ Using the Kritzkrieg(w/good patient) is the only time I have fun with Medic, otherwise I just play Medic because I have to when no one else does. Or if the current teams Medics are too incompetent to be useful(ie Uber a Heavy to take out a Sentry farm =/)Yeah I usually charge up a big for the stronger classes but when I'm there for support(ie enemy is engage with teammate) I fire off quick shots.
Heavies are actually pretty good at taking down Sentries, actually, though he requires a little teamwork from the Medic as soon as he activates the Uber. It's essential that the Medic runs in first so that the Heavy doesn't get pushed back by the Sentries, and if the Heavy knows what he's doing in that type of situation, then the Sentries should go down relatively fast.

If enemy players don't or can't interfere, then an experienced Heavy-Medic combo can definitely take down at least two Level 3 Sentries (even with Engineers behind them). Three Level 3 Sentries however can be quite tricky, though I did manage to destroy that many at the last CP of Dustbowl 2 recently (just to name an example) so it's certainly possible if you're aware of their positions.

undrtakr900

^ We'll just agree to disagree ;)

Its all very situational if the sentry farm is right around a corner a Heavy can wreak havoc easily, but the further away the Sentries are the less effective he becomes. Also a good Heavy is a rarity to come by so I just Uber a Pyro/Demo instead. But Kritz + Heavy = :D

If 3 Engineers build Sentries directly next to each other they deserved that but competent Enginers build them on opposite sides so that scenario doesn't happen. But efficient Engineers(build order/positions) are also a somewhat rarity online unfortunately....except when it numbers.

viakado said:
so i got this game on pc.
i'd love to play with other gaffers.
is my steam ID my account name or nickname?
Your account name - the one you use to log on.

It doesn't seem like much of TF2-playing GAF play together, but it seems the LotusClan.com servers are very popular among GAF. I can't really play with most people here due to living in Australia, but these forums nowadays seem to just be about discussing your experiences in the games, rather than finding games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom