• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
speedpop said:
There are two sides of the coin here; those who didn't use an idling program to "play" the game and earn items, and those who did.
WAT U SAY

Don't lump me in with those idiots. I don't agree with the way Valve handled it, but it's nowhere near worth this much fuss. People need to fucking grow up. Largely the "cheaters" in this case, but I'm sure the "legit" players have their own fair share of fuckheads.

P.S. because you're being just as stupidly immature, I'll respond in kind:
That or why didn't you idle the old school way in the first place?
Because there was no reason to when they both resulted in the same thing, and the program offered no advantage except not having to open TF2. Literally no other advantage.

(Unless you count saving a bit on the power bill.)

Personally I hope Valve bans everyone involved in this fiasco. Both people who didn't get the halo and people who did.

That includes you. And me. EVERYONE.

DO IT VALVE. DO IT OR SUFFER WRATH. I'M NOT SURE WHOSE WRATH YET BUT I'LL FIND SOMEONE AND DIRECT THEIR WRATH AT YOU.

Cheeto

Botolf said:
Repost from the Penny Arcade forumz, which itself was reposted from somewhere else:

Fuck 'em, I say. I don't give a shit if they protest at the presence of a particular item in my backpack, it's my business as to what stays in there and absolutely none of theirs. The lot of 'em are meddling little shits.

The last sentence is especially humorous. I suppose the dunce that wrote it thinks he "earned" the hats he lost a little while ago?
:lol Its amazing how butthurt people get over this.

Twig

Banned
speedpop said:
Who said I did? If anything you're not an idiot, just a vocal jester.
Well you said two sides of the coin! I am side three of your proverbial coin!

Hey wait was that a backhanded comment?!

1-D_FTW

Just one more reason I love Circle-X. I don't wear the halo much (it does belong on the medic, though), but I think I'd wear it on those "60 plus" servers just to razz the peanut gallery for 5 minutes.

Cheeto

1-D_FTW said:
Just one more reason I love Circle-X. I don't wear the halo much (it does belong on the medic, though), but I think I'd wear it on those "60 plus" servers just to razz the peanut gallery for 5 minutes.
Ya same here... it'll be fun for the next couple days

pjberri

Crotchety Old Man
Botolf said:
Repost from the Penny Arcade forumz, which itself was reposted from somewhere else:

Fuck 'em, I say. I don't give a shit if they protest at the presence of a particular item in my backpack, it's my business as to what stays in there and absolutely none of theirs. The lot of 'em are meddling little shits.

The last sentence is especially humorous. I suppose the dunce that wrote it thinks he "earned" the hats he lost a little while ago?
:lol

How bitter does someone have to be to devote time to banning people for having the Halo. Jesus. MisterAnderson needs to archive that tirade of his so he can come back to it in a few years and realise that he wrote a thesis on virtual hats.

Davidion

Wait, server admins are retaliating against people who wears an outfit denoting that they don't cheat?

I feel like I'm misreading something here.

Cheeto

Davidion said:
Wait, server admins are retaliating against people who wears an outfit denoting that they don't cheat?

No the situation really is that stupid.

Davidion said:

That's where I was at with this nonsense. It got me confused and thinking that the halo was given to the cheaters, which confused me even more since I have one and have gone into an achievement server like once (saw low ping and lots of people, of course I'm going in-quickly left when I just saw people doing nothing...how bored do you have to be to spawn a hundred dispensers and blow them up?). The whole "ban the non-cheaters b/c they didn't earn it" is ridiculous, but oh well, not servers I'd want to play on anyway. Retarded admin's can have their servers all to themselves.

MNC

Ridiculous. Valve should give out a hat to people who visit those servers with a Halo. It will be called Bold Baldness, and make everyone bald.

New update's out:

Valve said:
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Engine

● If the installation is an HLTV relay we allow clients to connect as HLTV clients even if tv_enable is set to false. A recent exploit fix made it such that we ignore the flag indicating that the client is an HLTV client if tv_enable is false, but it is possible that relays won't have this ConVar set

Additions / Changes
- Backpack improvement
● Added support for 100 slots in the backpack
● Backpack can now be sorted by type
● Multi-selection in the backpack is now done by holding down the Ctrl key​
● Alt-fire on the Sandvich now drops sandviches
● A single sandvich can be dropped at a time. Dropping the sandvich removes it from the Heavy
● A Heavy can regain his sandvich by collecting a healthkit while already being at full health
● Eating a sandvich using the taunt method now heals a Heavy to full health
● Dropped sandviches heal 50% of the collector's health

- Medic regen changes
● Base regen amount increased from 1/sec to 3/sec
● Regen amount increase since time of last damage decreased from 3x to 2x
● End result of above: Old healing scaled from 1/sec to 3/sec based on time since being damaged (maxed out at 10 seconds). New healing scales from 3/sec to 6/sec​

- Blutsauger
● Replaced "No critical hits" negative attribute with "-2 health drained per second on wearer"
● Health drain stacks on top of the above Medic regen changes, lowering the base regen by 2h/sec​

- Added "mp_windifference" server ConVar (default to 0)
● When set to X, matches will be considered won if a team gets X points ahead of the other team​

● Added a "Remember the active weapon between lives" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog
● Added "Disable weather effects" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog
● Added "Show non-standard items on spectated player" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog
● If set (default), it'll show non-standard items being carried by the player you're spectating

-Tournament mode changes
● New item whitelist allowing tournaments to control what items can be used by players
● Added "item_whitelist_example.txt"
● Added "item_show_whitelistable_definitions" command to get a list of whitelistable items
● Added Tournament mode Spectator HUD
● Added "Use advanced spectator HUD in tournament mode" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog
● Shows all the members of your team (or both if you're a spectator) at the top of the screen, along with class/health/respawn time/charge level
● Spectator indices are now shown on the team members, and hitting the corresponding weapon selection key (slot1-slot12 commands) will spectate them​

● Changed idle player check to include spectators & players who haven't chosen a team

Bug Fixes

- Fixed explosive radius detection using an axially aligned box instead of a sphere
● Compensated by increasing the radius of grenades, pipes, and rockets to 50% of what they lost at the corners of the OBB
● Grenades/Pipes radius change: 132->159
● Rocket radius change: 121->146
● End result of above: Explosives have had their radius reduced at some angles, and increased at others. Radius is now consistent, angles are now irrelevant​

● Fixed Sniper using the reference pose if he has the Huntsman deployed when his team loses
● Fixed Spies speaking their response rules lines after killing a player as the class they were disguised as
● Fixed Medics getting MedicCallerPanels in their HUD for cloaked enemy Spies disguised as their team
● Fixed the Huntsman not firing crit arrows when the Sniper is being CritBoosted
● Fixed being able to fire the Huntsman under water if you jump into the water with the arrow charged
● Added check to prevent clients using the "firstperson" command to get out of thirdperson view while they're phasing, taunting or control stunned
● Fixed Halo glow effect not being hidden for cloak/disguised enemy Spies
● Fixed wearables not destroying their attached particles when they're removed
● Fixed several player & viewmodel simulation issues that occurred when the game was paused
● Fixed a DX8-based exploit that allowed modified particle effects to work under sv_pure 2

Community Requests

● Added the entindex() of the object being built to the "player_builtobject" game event
● Added flag to allow CTF map authors to turn off the Overtime mode when timers expire
● Added IgnitePlayer input to TFPlayer
DROPPING SANDVICHES YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

benjipwns

Banned
At least they didn't do the -25 health for equipped ubersaw that was in the beta.

EDIT: Actually looking at it, they buffed the medic, and buffed the blutsager compared to before. With the blutsager you self-heal at the old rate, but now get crits. Without it you have a new much faster self-heal rate.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Dropping sandviches will be excellent for saving team mates that are fire and can't reach a health kit. Also i am glad the servers i play on don't give a shit if i am wearing the halo or not, seriously this whole thing is ridiculous.

Valve should add custom eating animations some day for the other classes, now that sandviches can be dropped. Can be used as an excuse to let the Heavy spout some more witty one-liners as well.

benjipwns said:
EDIT: Actually looking at it, they buffed the medic, and buffed the blutsager compared to before. With the blutsager you self-heal at the old rate, but now get crits. Without it you have a new much faster self-heal rate.

But you'll get people chewing you out for having it at all, because they'll see the general, constant 3HP recharge rate as better than the opportunistic Blutsauger HP draining.

One sandvich bite now heals the Heavy to 100%. I've already seen enough to suspect that this won't last long. :lol

Blizzard

Banned
Kulock said:
But you'll get people chewing you out for having it at all, because they'll see the general, constant 3HP recharge rate as better than the opportunistic Blutsauger HP draining.

One sandvich bite now heals the Heavy to 100%. I've already seen enough to suspect that this won't last long. :lol
It seems to me that the sandvich-eating gives you 3-4 boosts, about 25% each as your health fills up. I just ate like 172 sandviches and I'm pretty sure it's not instant. :/ *edit* Yeah, checked. Looks like left-clicking the sandvich took like 1-1.5 seconds before doing any healing at all, unless the taunt behaves differently.

*edit* Taunt is the same -- takes about 1 second for each little 25% chunk to come on. You can survive some things.

Proven

The Sandvich "attack" always redirected to its taunt, btw. I don't think it's going to be changed any time soon (and I hope it doesn't change before I can get back to a PC that's TF2 able).

Twig

Banned
LOL IM SO LEGIT LOL

LOL

LEGIT LOOK AT ME

I AIN'T NO CHEATA

LOL

LEGIT

LOLGIT

git

)';

yes i can how about you!!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
HALO ENVY

BigKaboom2 said:
Blutsauger nerf = cry
I was a bit confused by it but then I realised that I never used the Blutsauger anymore. Ubersaw is one of the greatest melee weapons out there.

Sibylus

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
LOL IM SO LEGIT LOL

LOL

LEGIT LOOK AT ME

I AIN'T NO CHEATA

LOL

LEGIT

LOLGIT

git

)';

yes i can how about you!!
I was serious about my stash needing a hat, I wasn't bragging or taking a potshot at ze idlers. But you wouldn't understand, you spah!

Twig

Banned
Botolf said:
I was serious about my stash needing a hat, I wasn't bragging or taking a potshot at ze idlers. But you wouldn't understand, you spah!
Maybe but everyone keeps saying it and it's annoying.

ps the halo is fugly i think even the high and mighties will agree SPEED POP

Sibylus

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
Maybe but everyone keeps saying it and it's annoying.

ps the halo is fugly i think even the high and mighties will agree SPEED POP
It's handy for when you want to take off the helmet of some classes (soldier, engineer, scout (?))

I meant 1 bite = 1 animation, I really wasn't sure how to phrase it when we're talking Sandvich chewing. I'm curious, if a Heavy's already eating his Sandvich, and a Scout runs up and starts batting him (no crits), can the Scout do enough damage to beat how much the Sandvich heals? They probably thought of that, but you have to wonder.

Lyphen said:
Screw legit backpacks, being a righteous man didn't net you a freakin' MISSINGNO.!

It even moves around as you change pages. :lol

Ezduo

Banned
I had a dream that all this time I had been earning hats and they just weren't getting put in my backpack. Then all at once my backpack was full of hats. IT WAS GLORIOUS.

;_;

buffed_red_engineer.jpg

"Spooky ghoooost!"

I've been meaning to ask, is there any certainty to some rumor going around about an unlockable Spy suit? I've heard at least two or three different versions of it, most relating to fire. Was there something from the testing sessions that came out?

Edit: Found it. Giving classes single-class counters seems so backward, in my personal opinion.

benjipwns

Banned
I just saw six RED engineers on Badwater fail to ever get a sentry up. They just kept building dispensers and once that was done, going onto their sentries. And only one was helping the others.

Javaman

benjipwns said:
I just saw six RED engineers on Badwater fail to ever get a sentry up. They just kept building dispensers and once that was done, going onto their sentries. And only one was helping the others.

Wow, that's pretty bad! One common mistake I see engineers making is using all their ammo to partially upgrade something. It's far better to wait until you have enough to finish the job and keep that metal on you to repair in the mean time.

Hostile Paradox

Neo Member
"Let’s face it, no one in their right mind wants to play Medic on the average public game. Your teammates are generally uncommunicative, dull, unskilled or simply don’t care about you. Buff up that Soldier? Guarantee he’ll jump away and leave you to die via buckshot as he gets shot by a Sniper. Stick with your pal the Heavy? The lumbering oaf will get stabbed before you can even mash X+2 (not like he’d pay attention anyway). All this assuming on the off-chance that your team isn’t entirely composed of scouts, snipers, pyros and spies."

http://www.ubercharged.net/2009/08/31/competitive-tf2-part-five-the-medic/

I think that sums up the reason why I'll be sticking with the Blutsauger, for my own protection, cuz if you don't protect yourself who will?

I would like to use the syringe gun for increased regen, but that only works if you live long enough to regenerate.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I always considered the Medic to find the best available players in a certain role whilst still maintaining health to everyone else during both sides of the game. It's what I tend to do whenever I heal.

Twig

Banned
Kulock said:
I've been meaning to ask, is there any certainty to some rumor going around about an unlockable Spy suit? I've heard at least two or three different versions of it, most relating to fire. Was there something from the testing sessions that came out?

Edit: Found it. Giving classes single-class counters seems so backward, in my personal opinion.
Huuuuuh?

Weird.

Blizzard

Banned
Pumpkins said:
Anyone else love the buffed sandvich? It's so useful now!
I do. I changed my name to FREE SANDVICH MAN and went around annoying my server by throwing sandviches at all my hurt teammates and talking a bunch. It was great fun. I hope they don't nerf it much. :)

1-D_FTW

Hostile Paradox said:
"Let’s face it, no one in their right mind wants to play Medic on the average public game. Your teammates are generally uncommunicative, dull, unskilled or simply don’t care about you. Buff up that Soldier? Guarantee he’ll jump away and leave you to die via buckshot as he gets shot by a Sniper. Stick with your pal the Heavy? The lumbering oaf will get stabbed before you can even mash X+2 (not like he’d pay attention anyway). All this assuming on the off-chance that your team isn’t entirely composed of scouts, snipers, pyros and spies."

http://www.ubercharged.net/2009/08/31/competitive-tf2-part-five-the-medic/

I think that sums up the reason why I'll be sticking with the Blutsauger, for my own protection, cuz if you don't protect yourself who will?

I would like to use the syringe gun for increased regen, but that only works if you live long enough to regenerate.

It's usually not a problem in the games I play, but the other day I was medic with a bunch of players I didn't recognize. It's on Goldrush 2. Right past the first CP where you have the left/right fork leading into the tunnels. I'm on a soldier in those little tunnels when a pyro pops in and the soldier runs away and leaves me to burn before I realized he was even there. This wasn't an ubered pyro. Just a pyro the soldier thought would be better to run from than kill. Needless to say, that was the end of my medicing for that match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom