• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
Orellio said:
No, it looked more like the "How I Met Your Mother" hot/crazy graph:

Except it had the different classes heads plotted along the graph.
I found this: http://media.photobucket.com/image/tf2 class skill scale chart/danieljubjub/tf2skillcurve.jpg (not up currently up so won't hotlink)

And since they also came up in a casual GIS:
QGDvc.png

3567431899_835b00969c_o.png

MNC

Cheeto said:
:(
Post details please...can't see at work
Sorry, it's just the patent pending on the guard dog on TF2's site. Basically Valve liked the idea and is discussing it :lol It dates september 21st

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pfft I don't even have a hat.

I dislike playing Heavy since he is so slow, plus has no real way to fight back against snipers besides standing and shooting the minigun which is pretty much a death sentence.

I've have some crazy rounds as Heavy before though.

roMonster

I just got the pot hat for soldier (my favorite and most played class) I am happy now.

But now I gotta figure out what to do with the soldiers stash I got so long ago. lol

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
roMonster said:
I just got the pot hat for soldier

I don't want you to take this the wrong way, you seem nice enough, but I want you to die. I want you to die and I want it to hurt when you die.

benjipwns

Banned
I usually hate kill cams and stuff, but TF2's facial expressions make it all worth it. And when you can notice the faces in game too, it's some great stuff how they change if you really pay attention to them. (As Medic I do sometimes since I'm tethered.)

I'm iffy about the new humiliation animations and stuff, but the new crouch one does hide you better, so I'm okay about it. I like to make it a challenge for when the other team comes running looking for everyone. It's like a mini-game, and I enjoy when I hide as everyone runs past. I remember a lost round where I basically hid behind tires or some crap and could see through a crack, and like everyone on the other team ran past towards the spawn. I started hunting around after that instead of trying to get to spawn before the clock runs out.

how did crits ever get past the brain storming stage, ill never know

a buncha nades that require skill you use = bad! lets get rid of em!

random ass crits = good!

Borgnine

Ugh, finally got my first hat and it's for the class I've played a total of about 13 minutes of since release.
camera beard

fallout

ZombieSupaStar said:
how did crits ever get past the brain storming stage, ill never know

a buncha nades that require skill you use = bad! lets get rid of em!

random ass crits = good!
Whooooaaaa maaan. Timewarp. I feel like I'm in 2007, again.

Blizzard

Banned
PillowKnight said:
Crits also require skill.
They require skill to use well, or perhaps require skill to get a lot of them. Getting crits does not require skill, however. :p The complaint is perhaps the same sort of complaint which may be lodged at demomen and huntsman snipers: If you spam shots (headshot-level arrows, for instance, which I do) you will randomly kill people you didn't even mean to. People feel like you should have to aim and at least try to kill someone, and though I guess with the huntsman you have to aim at the right height, you still get the accidental kills. Someone might be a terrible demoman, but a single shot will kill what -- any class except heavy if it happens to touch near you and it's a crit? (to say nothing of demo shots that can kill 3-5 people at once)

Cheeto

Not sure why people complain about the huntsman, its not like you can't spam demo nades or soldier rockets to get easy kills

Blizzard

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
lol moar qq

ps i got engineer's cap

U;
I don't even know what emoticon U; is. :| If you have any actual comment in response to what I said, let me know. I tend to be quite reasonable in acknowledging opposing viewpoints. For instance, I'm not good at spamming demoman grenades for easy kills.

Cheeto

Blizzard said:
I don't even know what emoticon U; is. :| If you have any actual comment in response to what I said, let me know. I tend to be quite reasonable in acknowledging opposing viewpoints. For instance, I'm not good at spamming demoman grenades for easy kills.
Keep trying dustbowl state 3

Anyone who got flagged for the idler, have you earned a hat since? I know it's random and at a low chance, but I've put a lot of time into the game and I'm still getting nothing but duplicate equipment.

Edit: Took out the Ambassador bitching. There's no point, and Valve generally figures out when things are a little too broken anyway. I still think the gun was an awful idea, though.

1-D_FTW

I haven't used an idler and still haven't gotten any hats. They're supposed to be rare. Why do you think the idlers popped up in the first place?

Almost never see hats given out either. Although, about a month ago I was in a game where 2 people got hats within 30 minutes of each other. That was a pretty exciting match.

Speaking of hats, what is that "banana hat?" Saw it for the first time the other day and I still can't figure out what it's supposed to be. It looks like a bunch of banana peels. Is that what it is?

Cheeto

1-D_FTW said:
I haven't used an idler and still haven't gotten any hats. They're supposed to be rare. Why do you think the idlers popped up in the first place?

Almost never see hats given out either. Although, about a month ago I was in a game where 2 people got hats within 30 minutes of each other. That was a pretty exciting match.

Speaking of hats, what is that "banana hat?" Saw it for the first time the other day and I still can't figure out what it's supposed to be. It looks like a bunch of banana peels. Is that what it is?
Oh I think you're talking about the pyro hat thats like a huge rubber glove or something. I think you're seeing the fingers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0bGrUIjUiM#t=92

Twig

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Why do you think the idlers popped up in the first place?
Basically because it consumed less resources than sitting in an idle server.

P.S. I got a hat. I'm better than all of you.

Borgnine

1-D_FTW said:
Yeah. That's the one. Had it narrowed down to bananas, a rubber glove, or a bunch of condoms tied together.:lol

Well if you really want to get in to the lore, it's the Engineer's missing glove:

Engineer.jpg

Pyrochicken.png

Firestorm

goddamn had the most intense, close matches on koth_sawmill two days ago. We hit 0:00 on both teams overtime twice out of the three matches. I keep forgetting how much I love this game when it clicks. Not to mention I feel really good when I'm doing well as Medic since I know I'm playing a big part =)

Yeah I suck at most shooters =p

Proven

Firestorm said:
goddamn had the most intense, close matches on koth_sawmill two days ago. We hit 0:00 on both teams overtime twice out of the three matches. I keep forgetting how much I love this game when it clicks. Not to mention I feel really good when I'm doing well as Medic since I know I'm playing a big part =)

Here, here.

pjberri

Crotchety Old Man
Think my Steam account has been hacked or something, but I don't know how. Filed a support message to Steam Support; does anyone know how long they take to resolve that kind of thing?

Cheeto

Firestorm said:

You should have seen the koth match on nucleus earlier today... I've never seen anything like it... I'm on red with some friends, Blue runs down to zero, Red has about 15 seconds and contests for overtime... overtime ensues for a good 2 minutes! and we end up capping and winning. It was the most intense thing i've ever seen in this game. Someone said they were recording a demo...I'll post the video if they youtube it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Gah, I always forget to record demos.

I usually end up having a few awesome streaks when I play.

Been spending soem time on tr_walkway recently. Great map, should help my Pyro airblasting a bit as I now know what frame of reload animation the soldier shoots his rocket.

Also the hitbox for moving enemies with the Ambassador is pretty wonky, but I think I have it down. Next time I play I'll be that annoying spy that never dies and pops in and out shooting people :lol

Oreoleo

pjberri said:
Think my Steam account has been hacked or something, but I don't know how. Filed a support message to Steam Support; does anyone know how long they take to resolve that kind of thing?

Been through this personally, generally it takes about 3-5 business days. As long as you have the credit card info for any game in your Steam list, or the CD key of HL1 tied to your account (If applicable, of course) then you're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom