• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Banned
Defensive Spy can be a fun diversion too. Disguise as a friendly Engie, whip out your disguise wrench and patrol the base as if you were an Engineer looking for spies (which is basically true). Run behind people cycling through the base, and when the knife animation plays, BAM! Backstab outta nowhere!

I like to imagine the other spy staring at the respawn screen in mild annoyance :lol .

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I enjoy playing Spy too, but usually not when I'm trying to relax. I usually get far too excited and intense when playing.

Although it is nice to sometimes get into a routine playing Spy, but for the most part I have to pay attention to too many things (if I want to play well). Lots of chances to get angry too :lol
Botolf said:
Defensive Spy can be a fun diversion too. Disguise as a friendly Engie, whip out your disguise wrench and patrol the base as if you were an Engineer looking for spies (which is basically true). Run behind people cycling through the base, and when the knife animation plays, BAM! Backstab outta nowhere!

I like to imagine the other spy staring at the respawn screen in mild annoyance :lol .
Reminds me of when I was chilling as a Pyro on Dustbowl (BLU) just running around spy checking the entire game because our team didn't want to push around the corner with 20 minutes left.

I must have killed the same spy 9 times in a row, all talk was on and he was not happy (I think he got 1 kill). He was at the top of their team by a lot of points too :lol
He was pretty crafty too, too bad I know every spot spies like to hide.

roMonster

2dkwqqa.png

Bonk!

Cheeto

Hazaro said:
I've settled into playing offensive engie and defensive pyro now mostly.

I feel I don't have to play intense when I'm doing either of these so it's nice.
Hazaro
relies on auto-aim
(11-15-2009, 02:52 AM)

:)

fresquito

GAF, I have a question to you.

I have been suffering horrible lag problems in the game since ever. By horrible lag I mean 1+ second lag. The thing is. I have my Windows' firewall open for steam.exe and hl2.exe. All the needed ports are open in the router. I have tried different antivirus with no change in performance (now I use Avast!). I have tried both XP 32 bits and W7 x64 (which I now use). I have used a GeForce 8600GT and an Ati EAH4850 (whih now I use). I play with all settings at max with over 60fps most everytime. I connect to european servers and my ping rarelly goes over 50. In Spanish servers (I'm Spanish) I might get pings as high as 15-20. My ISP provides me with up to 20Mb for download and 1Mb upload). It also offers me a fastpath option which I have activated when playing.

The question is pretty easy: what am I doing wrong? Why do I get this terrible lag? Sometimes I need the impact of four rockets to kill a damn Spy! (three is the average for me).

Doytch

I wanted to play again last night, but oxg server was empty, and the forums say that it's been a ghost town lately. =(((

Someone hook me up with some other good servers that have good players/no retards/no custom maps on them? I forgot to back up my favourites when I installed W7.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
fresquito said:
GAF, I have a question to you.

I have been suffering horrible lag problems in the game since ever...

Are you sure it's lag and not stuttering?

I get weird stuttering if I leave any kind of anti-virus program running while trying to play TF2. Even if real-time protection is disabled.

A week ago I had a constant stutter after updating chipset drivers, and I ended up having to format to fix the issue. Also, I got the stutter after installing Windows updates.

fresquito

Iadien said:
Are you sure it's lag and not stuttering?

I get weird stuttering if I leave any kind of anti-virus program running while trying to play TF2. Even if real-time protection is disabled.

A week ago I had a constant stutter after updating chipset drivers, and I ended up having to format to fix the issue. Also, I got the stutter after installing Windows updates.
No, the game runs silky smooth. I don't have any graphical problem with it.

Oreoleo

Doytch said:
I wanted to play again last night, but oxg server was empty, and the forums say that it's been a ghost town lately. =(((

Someone hook me up with some other good servers that have good players/no retards/no custom maps on them? I forgot to back up my favourites when I installed W7.

F7Lans 69.61.110.70:27015
Though they might run a custom map or two (Cashworks) it's a really great server and quite literally almost the only one I ever play on. Friday's at midnight they'll turn on roll the dice and play a few out of the ordinary customs for a couple hours just for some fun, but otherwise it's a no-nonsense server with a lot of friendly people.

CircleX 67.222.138.70:27015
IMO, once LoveMeSexy went down, this seemed to be the server most GAFers went to. Though these days just as many of us play on F7 at least once in a while (Java, Blizzard, and PotatoMasher in particular)

FUG 24/7 2fort 99.198.110.3:27016
I get better pings on this server than any other server in the world :p
Sometimes you just wanna chill out and relax and play some 2fort for an hour or two :D

roMonster

Bastard went Super Saiyan on me.

1zmh4es.jpg

I have no idea why people use natascha--then again the only loadouts i really use are sandvich/kgb and the ubersaw/bludsauger. And I can do w/o the kgb and bludsauger.

Zyzyxxz

roMonster said:
Bastard went Super Saiyan on me.

http://i49.tinypic.com/1zmh4es.jpg[IMG]

I have no idea why people use natascha--then again the only loadouts i really use are sandvich/kgb and the ubersaw/bludsauger. And I can do w/o the kgb and bludsauger.[/QUOTE]

from my experience Natascha can really get a group by surprise but even then its slow-down ability has a very limited use from my own experience.

Doytch

Orellio said:
Though they might run a custom map or two (Cashworks) it's a really great server and quite literally almost the only one I ever play on. Friday's at midnight they'll turn on roll the dice and play a few out of the ordinary customs for a couple hours just for some fun, but otherwise it's a no-nonsense server with a lot of friendly people.

IMO, once LoveMeSexy went down, this seemed to be the server most GAFers went to. Though these days just as many of us play on F7 at least once in a while (Java, Blizzard, and PotatoMasher in particular)

Sometimes you just wanna chill out and relax and play some 2fort for an hour or two :D
Yeah, ox=circlex. It's dead =(

Completely forgot about F7, thanks.

Twig

Banned
Orellio said:
Though these days just as many of us play on F7 at least once in a while (Java, Blizzard, and PotatoMasher in particular)
Wait, Java still plays?! I thought he quit.

Also you left me out.

I see how it is.

It's cool.

No.

It's cool.

Oreoleo

Doytch said:

Officially? That's unfortunate, it was always one of the more reliable servers.

There's always the SourceOP servers, but those seemed obvious to me. And their almost always at capacity.

TheOneGuy said:
Wait, Java still plays?! I thought he quit.

Also you left me out.

I see how it is.

It's cool.

No.

It's cool.

We haven't played together (no homo) in a really, really long time though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Javaman logs in from time to time, but not as often as he did back a few months ago. I do see Potatoe and Blizzard from time to time, but I think I'm the only one with the GAF tag that's on F7 a lot.

Wish more of you guys were there :/

Javaman

Yeah, I got a little bored with the game but still hop on occasionally. Part of the problem was that I always felt obligated to play my strongest classes or whatever the team was lacking. I'll probably be back soon with a fresh start and some stupid/wacky new strategies.

F7 is about the only server I'd played on until lately.

1-D_FTW

Orellio said:
Officially? That's unfortunate, it was always one of the more reliable servers.

There's always the SourceOP servers, but those seemed obvious to me. And their almost always at capacity.

We haven't played together (no homo) in a really, really long time though.

Not officially, it still exists. It's just dead. The only hope at this point is they continue operation until the next major patch and the community suddenly rediscovers their love for TF2.

Firestorm

Orellio said:

Just to add, this is my favourite server now:

TheMaCHinE.org - Advanced Teamplay - 66.150.164.55:27015
24 players. Teamwork-focused with most regulars using voice chat to communicate regularly.

Are there any F7 servers without 32 players?

1-D_FTW

It seems like all the recommended servers are either west coast or Europe. Damn people for abandoning Circle-X.

I'm not a fan of the 32 player servers either. I'd just like 24 players, stock rules, and good map rotation. F7 seems to have a 26 player server, but it's always empty when I check.

Doytch said:

Good. I used to play on CircleX all the time, but towards the end they had some mod on their server that would always show the server at like 23/24 players then you'd spend a minute joining just to find out the server is empty.

Javaman

1-D_FTW said:
It seems like all the recommended servers are either west coast or Europe. Damn people for abandoning Circle-X.

I'm not a fan of the 32 player servers either. I'd just like 24 players, stock rules, and good map rotation. F7 seems to have a 26 player server, but it's always empty when I check.

F7 is an East coast server, maybe out of Atlanta?

1-D_FTW

Javaman said:
F7 is an East coast server, maybe out of Atlanta?

Yeah. F7 is pretty much what I play when I do. I just wish most of the servers had a lower play count.

BuddhaRockstar said:
Good. I used to play on CircleX all the time, but towards the end they had some mod on their server that would always show the server at like 23/24 players then you'd spend a minute joining just to find out the server is empty.

That was done to try and prolong the life. It wasn't filling and they did that in hopes people would join, stay, and get it full. Not saying I agree with the method, but they weren't doing it because it was a healthy situation. The opposite. It was a last ditch resort.

Oreoleo

And if anyone still had an itch to try it out, F7 recently added a PropHunt server (64.237.39.212:27015). Beats playing on a UK server with +150 ping.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Not enough Medics charging in before their Uber'd allies, too many bunnyhopping players.

Or there is a nasty little Pyro waiting to annoy you with compression blast :lol

Proven

Firestorm said:
Just to add, this is my favourite server now:

TheMaCHinE.org - Advanced Teamplay - 66.150.164.55:27015
24 players. Teamwork-focused with most regulars using voice chat to communicate regularly.

Are there any F7 servers without 32 players?

I'm checking this on the weekend if I get home after prying myself from L4D2 360 and then avoid L4D2 PC.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Sciz said:
I, uh, don't know what to make of this. New game mode of some sort incoming, presumably.

Reading the comments, someone suggested that there is going to be a "Christmas Truce" holiday event where both teams start on the same side or something like that and have the option of friendly fire. I think it would be pretty fuck-awesome and help unravel what little bits of story exist in the world of TF2. Is the Announcer simply pitting both sides against each other for profit like some military-industrial complex type thing? Does she really have a side?

Never heard of Betrayal mode until i watch tutorial of it in on Youtube.. sounds.. interesting i guess..

my first guess when hearing the new voice clips is a co-op mission with a twist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom