• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeGFG

Banned
Jeo said:
Did Valve increase the hat drop rate? im playing in a server where everybody has found two or three hats, it amazing :lol

Just got on to check out koth_harvest and got a hat in the first round. No complaints here.

Blizzard

Banned
Getting 30-40 fps some of the time on the new map. ATI 4850, e8400 3.0 GHz, 4GB RAM, windows 7 64-bit. :/ Single-core rendering, but that seems to make it not crash...anyone else having a little lag/framerate stuff?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
DOMINATE-ME.jpg

Am I doing this right? :lol

I've got the Gibus, it's pathetic the way people start begging once they see you have it. You must EARN IT MAGGOTS. One guy did dominate me (spy natch) and got it, but someone else had one and it actually got passed around pretty quick in the hour or so I played.

kai3345

Banned
Borgnine said:
DOMINATE-ME.jpg

Am I doing this right? :lol

I've got the Gibus, it's pathetic the way people start begging once they see you have it. You must EARN IT MAGGOTS. One guy did dominate me (spy natch) and got it, but someone else had one and it actually got passed around pretty quick in the hour or so I played.
lol i was Ballout

Blizzard

Banned
I actually liked the ghost too, and I didn't see anyone complaining about it like the scout stun. If it's not overdone, that kind of thing can be a lot of fun.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Blizzard said:
Getting 30-40 fps some of the time on the new map. ATI 4850, e8400 3.0 GHz, 4GB RAM, windows 7 64-bit. :/ Single-core rendering, but that seems to make it not crash...anyone else having a little lag/framerate stuff?
Same here, my framerate is terrible on Harvest. I'm sucking it up though, the map is way too fun.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Got my achievements and both hats.
Love it when the Pyro wears it.
Love koth_harvest.

Also yeah when you load harvest you'll get a terrible fps drop.

Man, koth_harvest is amazingly godly. I love this map so much. I love being a Demoman and just firing the pipe bombs into the CP from one of the 2nd floor side windows when people are capping the point. Gets a shitload of kills in a small time. Hell, Demoman is just plain good on that map in my opinion.

And yeah, I'm having framerate problems on the map. All the extra stuff there makes sense though I guess.

I'm having framerate drops also. It occurs whenever I reload the harvest_event map. Performance is good when first loading the map, but on second load it'll drop to ~20 fps. Maybe it's some sort of memory leak that occurs when reloading that map? Reason I'm saying this is because the problem goes away when you quit out of TF2 and start up again.

My specs are e8400 @ 3.0GHz, 8GB ram, hd4850 1gb, vista 64.

Acidote

I got the gibus and two other hats just yesterday, the camera beard and the panama hat.

It's crazy how much people begs to let them dominate you while wearing the gibus.

Won

Got my hats! I hope that's the upcoming "trading system". It's awesome. Setting a foot on the battlefield with the hat and seeing everyone chargin right at you is awesome. :lol

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Orbitcube said:
Man, koth_harvest is amazingly godly. I love this map so much. I love being a Demoman and just firing the pipe bombs into the CP from one of the 2nd floor side windows when people are capping the point. Gets a shitload of kills in a small time. Hell, Demoman is just plain good on that map in my opinion.

And yeah, I'm having framerate problems on the map. All the extra stuff there makes sense though I guess.

It seems like its more of a loading issue. Whenever I load the map a second time it's always slow.

Twig

Banned
crimsonheadGCN said:
I'm having framerate drops also. It occurs whenever I reload the harvest_event map. Performance is good when first loading the map, but on second load it'll drop to ~20 fps. Maybe it's some sort of memory leak that occurs when reloading that map? Reason I'm saying this is because the problem goes away when you quit out of TF2 and start up again.

My specs are e8400 @ 3.0GHz, 8GB ram, hd4850 1gb, vista 64.
I get framerate issues as well.

Simply alt-tabbing always fixed it for me!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Was just about to post asking if anyone has any frame rate issues after loading the new map for the 2nd time, seems i'm not the only one. Yay!

roMonster

Blizzard said:

Twice on Harvest my frames when to like 14-20 fps and stayed there until I restarted. And I have a 4890--dunno what's going on.

Anywho, I'm finished all the Halloween achievements--too bad the bag mask expires.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Orbitcube said:

Every class seems to be useful on that map which is rare.
For kicks I went spy just to see how well I could do in small cramped map. The answer is surprisingly well.

Scouts and soldiers easily can jump onto the middle point, demos lob and sticky the main point. Snipers shoot other snipers and engy buildings. A defense turret is a MUST and pyros are just awesome. Heavies rock hard too and spies work well to counter them.

Plus it's a battle all the time. So fun.

*Also my harvest fps goes up after around 2-3 rounds.

Scipius

Tiamatsword22 said:
Does anyone have links to all the secret pages?

First there was this page where people could get the seeding Ghastly Gibus hats:

http://www.teamfortress.com/pumpkinpatch/gibus/

But then the next two were discovered:

Mann Family Portrait
Last Will and Testament of Zepheniah Mann

Looks like Valve is expanding the backstory to TF2. Note the mysterious man covered to the right of the portrait, probably the same one referred to in the covered bottom part of the testament. I wonder what Valve has in store for us; some kind of third party?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I hadn't played in months until last night. God damn i was doing well :lol

I gotta start playing again. Sniping just felt right last night, maybe they tweaked it some more or it's just my imagination.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
evlcookie said:
I hadn't played in months until last night. God damn i was doing well :lol

I gotta start playing again. Sniping just felt right last night, maybe they tweaked it some more or it's just my imagination.
I haven't been able to play TF2 as much as I used to. I was able to maintain a 2:1 K:D ratio last night though while getting the Halloween achievements, so I'm content for now.

Capndrake

Scipius said:
Looks like Valve is expanding the backstory to TF2. Note the mysterious man covered to the right of the portrait, probably the same one referred to in the covered bottom part of the testament. I wonder what Valve has in store for us; some kind of third party?
It's probably just the guy who started Spytech Industries.

fresquito

Today I got my first two hats. They're Halloween's special hats. It should tell Valve something about what's the best way to get hats. Random drops are a joke, five months after their release, I'm yet to get one. And today, with the special system for these two, I got the two of them.

Awesome.

squinters

astigmatic
I've only been playing Harvest for the past couple hours. I don't know what it is, but I actually play better on this map. I kept up more than a 1:1 ratio, which isn't that great, but I was playing as Scout and Demo. I'm usually pretty incompetent as those two classes, but with Harvest I ended up in the top 3.

Still suck as sniper though.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Anyone know any servers where good people play? Team work is expected and there's not going to be 20 snipers on one team?

snack

Harvest is fun but there are massive FPS drop problems on that map. Apparently when the ghost isn't in use, it becomes a hi-res model that is stored in a room under the map, which is one of the main reasons for an FPS drop.

fresquito

Koth Harvest is my fave "in the face" map. I love playing as a soldier and rocketjumping to the roof just to blow everybody away like an angel of death coming from above.

I haven't played much Koth since when it was released, but have they changed the conquest time for this map alone or is it the regular time now? Because it's much better than the long ass time needed when Koth appeared for the first time.

Proven

fresquito said:
Koth Harvest is my fave "in the face" map. I love playing as a soldier and rocketjumping to the roof just to blow everybody away like an angel of death coming from above.

I haven't played much Koth since when it was released, but have they changed the conquest time for this map alone or is it the regular time now? Because it's much better than the long ass time needed when Koth appeared for the first time.

I believe the times are the same, maybe a bit shorter. Harvest's small size affects perception though.

LAUGHTREY said:
Anyone know any servers where good people play? Team work is expected and there's not going to be 20 snipers on one team?
Hampshire Heavies servers should suit your needs if you're from the United Kingdom or Europe.

Figured that this might be the spot to ask.

I'm just getting into TF2 in a very casual fashion (got my first new desktop in 8 years) and while I'm having a really good time with it I seem to have an issue with adding servers to my favorites. When I'm having a good match, I just hit escape, right click on the server in the in-game server list and say add to favorites. But no matter how much I do this the "favorites" tab in the browser is always empty. I've also tried hitting "add current server to favorites" on the favorites tab but that also doesn't seem to do anything.

Is there a bug around this? Am I just missing something obvious? At this point I'm playing infrequently enough that it doesn't both me too much to have to pick a new server each time, but it is a bit of a pain.

Cheeto

TheFightingFish said:

I'm just getting into TF2 in a very casual fashion (got my first new desktop in 8 years) and while I'm having a really good time with it I seem to have an issue with adding servers to my favorites. When I'm having a good match, I just hit escape, right click on the server in the in-game server list and say add to favorites. But no matter how much I do this the "favorites" tab in the browser is always empty. I've also tried hitting "add current server to favorites" on the favorites tab but that also doesn't seem to do anything.

Is there a bug around this? Am I just missing something obvious? At this point I'm playing infrequently enough that it doesn't both me too much to have to pick a new server each time, but it is a bit of a pain.
That's strange, I've never seen anything like that. Check the filters to make sure they aren't being suppressed by a filter. Also check the server browser built into the steam client before you load the game and see if they are listed there.

kai3345

Banned
TheFightingFish said:

This happens to me too. I just use my history instead.

Twig

Banned
TheFightingFish said:

This is a Steam bug, yes. I am having the problem at the moment, too. I didn't always, but I have in the past. It seems to be completely random.

It's annoying but there's no workaround as far as I know, other than just using the history tab instead.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
TheOneGuy said:
This is a Steam bug, yes. I am having the problem at the moment, too. I didn't always, but I have in the past. It seems to be completely random.

It's annoying but there's no workaround as far as I know, other than just using the history tab instead.

it happens to me too and there's a workaround that works for me, check the server properties and copy the server IP, then go to the favorites tab and click on "add server" and paste the server IP, the server should appear in your favorites. Hopefully that works for all of you that are having problems because it works pretty well for me.

Twig

Banned
Gexecuter said:
it happens to me too and there's a workaround that works for me, check the server properties and copy the server IP, then go to the favorites tab and click on "add server" and paste the server IP, the server should appear in your favorites. Hopefully that works for all of you that are having problems because it works pretty well for me.
I'll try that!

Up until a couple days ago, it was working fine. Then it just suddenly deleted all but one of my favorites, and now I can't add any.

If this works, it'll put me back up where I wanna be, but still... They could be deleted randomly again tomorrow! I NEVER KNOW!

It's like a game.

EDIT: It did not work. ):

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
TheOneGuy said:
I'll try that!

Up until a couple days ago, it was working fine. Then it just suddenly deleted all but one of my favorites, and now I can't add any.

If this works, it'll put me back up where I wanna be, but still... They could be deleted randomly again tomorrow! I NEVER KNOW!

It's like a game.

EDIT: It did not work. ):

Sorry to hear that :( have you tried right clicking a server in the server browser and selecting "add server to favorites"? it's worth a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom