• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Seems to be a bug with this counter. 2 of my soldier kills haven't counted so far, no they were not spies.

Twig

Banned
Iadien said:
Seems to be a bug with this counter. 2 of my soldier kills haven't counted so far, no they were not spies.
None of my kills have counted, and I killed at least 20 or so before I joined the GAF game.

That topped with my complete and utter suckage tonight led me to RAGEQUIT.

I'll play again when it's not an off day.

Iadien said:
TheOneGuy said:
None of my kills have counted, and I killed at least 20 or so before I joined the GAF game.

That topped with my complete and utter suckage tonight led me to RAGEQUIT.

I'll play again when it's not an off day.
Were those assist kills? Assist kills don't seem to count.

Manabanana said:
Good games tonight guys. I was Lechooga. I tried to demo a bit, but it was just chaos. Switched to medic and seemed to do a little good.
Heh yeah, was fun for what I played. My internet disconnected partway through one of the Dustbowl games, and since my ping was ~200 I didn't bother rejoining and played on some local servers.

I wonder if I could do more good playing a bad Demo over playing a decent Soldier? :D

Although I'm not really sure which class I want the new weapon for, it really depends on what they're already getting in the first place.

Twig

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
GO GO GO TEAM DEMO GO.
yes yes YES

I remember the days when I used to be able to ping scouts from half a map away. I need to get back into the demoman. It's been a long time since I played it hardcore like I used to.

Kulock said:
I wonder if I could do more good playing a bad Demo over playing a decent Soldier? :D

Although I'm not really sure which class I want the new weapon for, it really depends on what they're already getting in the first place.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but think about it...Whichever class is more popular loses, right? If there are 5 demos vs. 1 soldier, then that soldier can get 5 demo kills for every 1 kill all of the demos could. Perplexing...

Twig

Banned
PillowKnight said:
Got to 25 demo kills, got banned from f7 servers for supporting the cause. It's been a pretty productive night, let's win this thing.
:lol Really? F7 regulars never struck me as the type to be vindictive.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
That's retarded. They had an admin on red noclip and started lighting people on fire. And not like for a couple of minutes... like the entire round.

explodet

One of the servers I hopped into last night made the entire BLU team Soldiers. Rockets everywhere.
I think they tried to make all the RED team demomen, but it glitched.

Still had a lot of fun, but we couldn't do much without a balanced team and people playing not used to playing soldiers.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
TheOneGuy said:
:lol Really? F7 regulars never struck me as the type to be vindictive.

Been in there a few times, got warned for camping a teleport exit. :lol

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
explodet said:
One of the servers I hopped into last night made the entire BLU team Soldiers. Rockets everywhere.
I think they tried to make all the RED team demomen, but it glitched.

Still had a lot of fun, but we couldn't do much without a balanced team and people playing not used to playing soldiers.
That's definitely hurting the cause.

Twig

Banned
Man, I seriously have never seen anyone on F7 do anything dumb like what you guys are talking about. They're always super friendly to me. I guess now I know better! I do find it hilarious, though.

Davidion

TheOneGuy said:
Man, I seriously have never seen anyone on F7 do anything dumb like what you guys are talking about. They're always super friendly to me. I guess now I know better! I do find it hilarious, though.

Yeah once some mod got on and proceeded to console wipe the entire defending team on the last point of badwater...right as the the cart was rolling down the last ramp. I think Java was on my team.

I generally don't have anything against F7, but some of the mods there have done some dumb shit.

MNC

Holy shit guys.

The loser will NEVER get their fourth weapon holy shit.

Where the War update differs from other class updates is that we've decided to mix things up a little with, as the Administrator would say, "a healthy competition." A secret, exclusive seventh weapon has also been developed by the TF2 team. In other words, either the Soldier or the Demo (but NOT both) is walking out of this update with one more weapon than the other.

GOGO SOLLY TEAM

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
TheOneGuy said:

I was there when Java got kicked (msged him afterwards too). I most definitely did not agree with it as there was no warning. Plus, it's a fucking lvl 1 sentry; a spy could've sapped that sucker easily. I think the more cheap thing to do on that map is to build on top of B point.

As for mod abuse...we were on fastlane and it was overtime. They, for some weird reason, had a ton of spies, and I was a pyro; thus, win = me. I killed 4 of those bastards and I was the last one, and the mod just console killed me.

Most of the time, though, they're good peeps. Except for when they don't join random teams and team switch. :p

Oreoleo

TheOneGuy said:

They've got a big enough community that they can get away with shit like that once in a while. I'm sure they weren't doing it to be malicious or piss people off. I mean Javaman is in the top 15 ranks on F7 so I doubt they were like , "Aw man fuck that guy and his level 1 SG! I hope he never comes back!" I've been on the server before when sleeper was messing around with no clip and teleporters to fuck with people on Gravelpit. F7 dudes hate that map for some reason.. It's all in good fun though.

Sibylus

Banned
I respect you Demos as fighting men, but this is total war. I'll be wearing my beret and medal in the field, at the ready to spill some blood and claim some glory.

ONCE MORE UNTO THE BREACH, DEAR FRIENDS, ONCE MORE

cramcakes

PillowKnight said:
We're up by 100k kills :D

Well I'll be damned.

2irt8xl.png

1-D_FTW

It doesn't surprise me that Soldier is up. I've always seen more good soldiers than demo. Demo has a higher learning curve and most people just settle for soldier. A highly skilled demo is like a good soldier with super fast rockets. Thankfully, they're fairly rare.

Speaking of F7, I actually logged onto one of their servers last night and quit after about 5 minutes. The amount of voice chat bitching and whining turned me completely off. I know it's not considered normal, but god damn. I actually deleted that particular server from my favorites. And no, I had nothing to do with what was going on.

EDIT: I deleted because they were clearly regulars. Bunch of whiny little bitches that were consoling each other in their inbred misery.

MNC

TheOneGuy said:
I interpret that as, there is only one seventh weapon, but it is going to go to EITHER the demoman OR the soldier.

You're a dead man, Smalls.
Yes, it is like that. there's the 3 for demo, 3 for solly.
After those 6, there is 1 extra soldier and 1 extra demo weapon. (So it's not a 7th weapon that's the same for both teams, they're specifically designed for the teams)

One of those will be won (by the winning team) and the other will be discarded into oblivion :O

It can't be that valve really lets that effort gone? Kind of like the Jarate... It's wasted potentional for some neat weapons :O

Twig

Banned
MNC said:
Yes, it is like that. there's the 3 for demo, 3 for solly.
After those 6, there is 1 extra soldier and 1 extra demo weapon. (So it's not a 7th weapon that's the same for both teams, they're specifically designed for the teams)

One of those will be won (by the winning team) and the other will be discarded into oblivion :O

It can't be that valve really lets that effort gone? Kind of like the Jarate... It's wasted potentional for some neat weapons :O
But I think it is!

Unless it says explicitly otherwise, I will continue to believe that it is!
A secret, exclusive seventh weapon has also been developed by the TF2 team. In other words, either the Soldier or the Demo (but NOT both) is walking out of this update with one more weapon than the other.
See, it says "A ... weapon"!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom