• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capndrake

MNC said:
It can't be that valve really lets that effort gone? Kind of like the Jarate... It's wasted potentional for some neat weapons :O
Are you saying Jarate is bad? It's the only useful Sniper unlock there is.

MNC

TheOneGuy said:
But I think it is!

Unless it says explicitly otherwise, I will continue to believe that it is!

See, it says "A ... weapon"!!
Welp, you're right. I continue to believe my corrected belief!

Also, the jarate comment I meant like: They made an april fools joke about jarate... It'd be wasted potentional NOT to use it eventually :D So the same went for a weapon for demo/solly that would go unused, but since it's for both teams the same, this statement would be nullified.

Oreoleo

fallengorn said:
Yeah, we're all fighting for the seventh weapon. So, it's probably a melee weapon.

Yeah I think it's ultimately going to be something not terribly important. Balance is the name of the game, after all. It's not like they're gonna give one side a Redeemer (UT99) or anything crazy like that.

benjipwns

Banned
Not me, from Steam forums:
robin.png

Proven

They took down the old blog post (the one about the update coming up in an hour), put up the update, and then put up the update blog post, for those wondering.

kai3345

Banned
What the fuck.

I went to play as sniper today and try out my brand new bow I got the other day, and none of my weapons were there. It said something like "Cannot retrive loadout. Could not connect to Steam." Yet I was connected to steam just fine, ranting to my friend about it. I restarted the game and it still wasn't fixed.

Anyone else have this problem?

Won

kai3345 said:
What the fuck.

I went to play as sniper today and try out my brand new bow I got the other day, and none of my weapons were there. It said something like "Cannot retrive loadout. Could not connect to Steam." Yet I was connected to steam just fine, ranting to my friend about it. I restarted the game and it still wasn't fixed.

Anyone else have this problem?

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3261

Please note: Beginning now, we're going to start transitioning the new inventory system into the game. Until the update goes live later today, you will not have access to your inventory.

Oreoleo

pix said:
Just getting back into this game... is there a common server GAF plays on?

Myself and a few others were on F7 for a few hours today (69.61.110.70:27015). If there's another server people from here gather and play on semi-regularly, I don't know about it (in b4 Capndrake and 2fort2furious).

Twig

Banned
Orellio said:
Myself and a few others were on F7 for a few hours today (69.61.110.70:27015). If there's another server people from here gather and play on semi-regularly, I don't know about it (in b4 Capndrake and 2fort2furious).
2f2f is fun but sucks if you have a shitty PC because of how often they change maps. Half the time I load the map on my laptop and then I'm there for less than five minutes before the next map comes.

Doytch

While waiting for cxg to come up last night, I realised how many servers have >24 player count and reduced spawn times. Shit's annoying.

1-D_FTW

Doytch said:
While waiting for cxg to come up last night, I realised how many servers have >24 player count and reduced spawn times. Shit's annoying.

Definitely. I was kind of laughing that a couple people were complaining in the server about why spawn times were so long.

32 player servers with insta-spawn are so common. And it boggles my mind. It's great knowing that maps like Dustbowl are unwinnable. How do people not grasp the purpose of the timer?

Twig

Banned
I have a laptop.

GeForce Go 7600
Intel Centrino Duo T2400 @ 1.83 GHz
1GB RAM

I used to be able to run this at surprisingly high settings (i.e., recommended) at 1680x1050 on XP at near-constant 60fps. Now I get less than 30 at the lowest settings, and it constantly drops to the single digits if there's too much shit on screen at once. I don't even care if it looks GOOD, I just want it to run at a good framerate. Shit is damn near unplayable at times. Even if I close all background processes.

Anyone have any idea what I could do to squeeze out some more fps? I'm desperate. ):

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
1-D_FTW said:
Definitely. I was kind of laughing that a couple people were complaining in the server about why spawn times were so long.

32 player servers with insta-spawn are so common. And it boggles my mind. It's great knowing that maps like Dustbowl are unwinnable. How do people not grasp the purpose of the timer?

They are very winnable, just not cake walks, ie 24 player timed servers.

1-D_FTW

I hope they get these bugs straitened out. I can take the broken achievements, but the crashes and me not unlocking my rocket launcher even though I'm up to 16 achievements is annoying.

Iadien said:
You must not read very often.

And you must not play with very good players. There's no way a competent team is going to lose with 32 players and insta-spawn on Dustbowl. It ain't happening.

Scipius

TheOneGuy said:
Anyone have any idea what I could do to squeeze out some more fps? I'm desperate. ):

Running TF2 in DirectX 8 mode would be pretty desparate...

Though I think we all know what the proper answer to your question is.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
1-D_FTW said:
And you must not play with very good players. There's no way a competent team is going to lose with 32 players and insta-spawn on Dustbowl. It ain't happening.

I was joking, get over yourselves. :lol

Sibylus

Banned
Scipius said:
Running TF2 in DirectX 8 mode would be pretty desparate...

Though I think we all know what the proper answer to your question is.
I have to do this on a laptop running TF2. Some maps still run awful, the intelligence is pitch black and the water is an opaque white barrier, but other than that it helped a little.

Have any of you guys tried out the bots yet? Just open up a new local server on one of the KotH maps (I prefer nucleus or viaduct, sawmill is a bit weird as bots have a tendency to run into the sawblades), then type tf_bot_add into the console until you get the teams you want. They're quite smart actually, and will do lots of interesting things that you wouldn't expect them to do. Medics are a bit weird in that they seem to lose their target easily, and I don't think I've ever seen a Spy bot yet (AI would be quite complicated for that, though).

1-D_FTW

Orellio said:
I hit milestone 2 on demo and got the sword almost immediately tonight.

What time was that at? I quit playing at 11 PM EST and it was still borked. I know it wasn't just me, because every time someone hit milestone 2, they'd ask why they weren't getting their unlock.

I'm one achievement short of unlocking tier 3 (should have that too if all achievements were working) and I'm still only at tier 1. Just logged onto a couple servers and nothing. So either you're one of the lucky ones not experiencing this issue, or there was a window where they were working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom