• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilonv1

board_with_nail.jpg

Another Groening reference

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It was alright...man that other team really gave it to us.

However, SPAH CAP FTW!

Wish I had recorded it. I ran straight to their last point and saw the engie hang a right. I turn the corner, sap all his shit and have a pretty intense melee fight. Luckily, I just manage to kill him in time for me to run to the point and try to cap it. JUST as I finish capping it the demo kills me so it was a really close one.

commissar

GAFSciz-pyro.jpg

Sciz wins the badass of the match award, loadin' that gun like it ain't no thang

inkwell-is-looking-good.jpg

Inkwell was forced to join the Blu team after being found sleeping on the job

ctf_2fort0000.jpg

And I win the best humiliating death award.. :/

Good fun guys >: D

Sciz

Tisan said:
Sciz wins the badass of the match award, loadin' that gun like it ain't no thang
My hadouken attempts were sadly unsuccessful, but there's something oddly satisfying about playing shotgun pyro.

Blizzard said:
Aww, screenshots. I didn't do well tonight but at least we managed to defend on that final steel point!
This is either because of or in spite of me playing sniper that whole match. I'm not sure which. :(

In unrelated news, something that came up over on the Telltale forums in a Q&A topic:

Q: What sorts of games to the designers tend to play? Is it a pretty mixed bag, or do one or two genres come up most of the time?

A: Almost half the office plays Team Fortress 2, and that got my vote for game of the year whenever it came out (2 years ago? Longer?)
The grassroots campaign for a Valve/Telltale collaboration on a TF2 adventure series begins now.

Twig

Banned
Sciz said:
The grassroots campaign for a Valve/Telltale collaboration on a TF2 adventure series begins now.
.................would buy

imagine if they made a game for each class

my mind

it is reeling

ogod

Boonoo

Sciz said:
In unrelated news, something that came up over on the Telltale forums in a Q&A topic:

It came up during idle thumbs that there is an inter development studio TF2 tournament going on. Apparently it's 12v12, and Telltale was able to field an entire team. Other studios are teaming up.

1-D_FTW

What is going on here? New items? A new TF2 neogaf group. A TF2 gaf server? I am so out of the loop I don't know which of these are real. I hope there is some serious TF2 gaf action happening because I'd love to get back into it (Pretty much quit after the death of circle-x.)

Twig

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
What is going on here? New items? A new TF2 neogaf group. A TF2 gaf server? I am so out of the loop I don't know which of these are real. I hope there is some serious TF2 gaf action happening because I'd love to get back into it (Pretty much quit after the death of circle-x.)
We play at least every other night!

Inkwell

Banned
Tisan said:
Inkwell was forced to join the Blu team after being found sleeping on the job
It was a tactic to catch the blu team unaware. I mean, the heavy is the thinking man's class, right?... anyone?

Javaman

1-D_FTW said:

What happened to circle-x?

Boonoo

Twig said:
So you can craft two spy beards/medic masks (misc items) for a random hat now.

:3

Oh shit! That's great!
heee Just got a mining light. Need more beards.
I also got the trophy belt D:

And then I crafted them both into the Texas Ten Gallon, but I already have that one D:

So do the camera beard and medic mask drop like hats now? Or are they normal items still?

Twig

Banned
Boonoo said:
Oh shit! That's great!
heee Just got a mining light. Need more beards.
I also got the trophy belt D:

And then I crafted them both into the Texas Ten Gallon, but I already have that one D:

So do the camera beard and medic mask drop like hats now? Or are they normal items still?
AFAIK, still normal item droprate for the beard 'n' mask.

Boonoo

Twig said:
AFAIK, still normal item droprate for the beard 'n' mask.

Hmm interesting! In the patch notes it only mentions their craftable qualities; says nothing about drop rate. Could this usher in an era of utterly plentiful hats?

Squash

GoldandBlue said:
:lol And of course this change comes along after I crafted all my damn beards into metal.

+1. Almost as awesome as clearing my items for space before they announced updating inventory space.

borsdy

Banned
Valve really should have made up it's mind with the beards before doing anything, first they screwed everyone who got it as a hat before the crafting system and now they changed it again angering more people in a different way. Didn't effect me thou, I had only found four the last few months since they started dropping like common items and never turned them into scrap, so I crafted a pickelhaube and a panama about it :)

Twig

Banned
They didn't "screw" anyone over.

Oh no it's easier to get now, all those people who got it before are WORTHLESS! Or not.

Also everyone should've learned their lesson with the spy watches. I did!

borsdy

Banned
Screwed as in finding one of these silly things as a rare item and then being told it is as a common as a FaN, maybe those people got their retribution today but many of these people likely crafted them with their other newly found beards into scrap metal. Who cares anyway, people always idled if they wanted hats.

Instro

Boonoo said:
Hmm interesting! In the patch notes it only mentions their craftable qualities; says nothing about drop rate. Could this usher in an era of utterly plentiful hats?

Would be nice, I still havent had a hat drop, and considering the amount of hours I have in TF2, Im amazed how anyone gets them.

Twig

Banned
I run TF2 at max settings, so aliasing is not a problem for me. O:

Photobucket auto-shrinks images, which is convenient because full res shots would fuck with the layout.

8800GTS (so not even really that new)

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Well, I crafted my two camera beards into the bonnet. I wanted that hat soooo badly and now I have it.

commissar

Anyone else getting way more unlocks recently?

Since last night I've got:
Dalokohs Bar
Equaliser
Medic Mask
Pain Train
Huntsman
Scottish Resistance
Natascha
Eyelander

While I've played a ton of TF2 this week, this seems like quite a haul :0

edit: just got the KGB
2nd edit: and the cloak and dagger wtf
edit 3......stainless pot.

Tubobutts

Crafted my two camera beards together for my third Billycock, crafted that with the Otolaryngologist's mirror I got from crafting my previous two Billycocks and got this:

121fll1.jpg

Twig

Banned
fallout said:
I don't play nearly enough to get drops. :\
What Drake said. ):

I wish they would hurry up and implement whatever it is they're working on for improving the drop system for people who actually play.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Server was pretty active this morning, but then we lost about half of the players when the map selected wasn't Payload. :lol

Blizzard

Banned
I think out of a few hours of playing last night, I only got another Scottish Resistance. :( It's still annoying that my two extra gunboats can't be crafted with anything besides themselves, aside from maybe crafting a soldier token.

fallout

Can we get ctf_doublecross going on the server, Java? I know most people don't really care for CTF maps, but I played it on another server last night and it really is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom