• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I just noticed that taunt kill video did have my one streak of like 7 stabs in a row. I think I MIGHT have had a 15 stab life in there before I kept getting killed by bacon. :lol

Javaman

Blizzard said:
I just noticed that taunt kill video did have my one streak of like 7 stabs in a row. I think I MIGHT have had a 15 stab life in there before I kept getting killed by bacon. :lol

bacon :(

He's on the list with inkwell and .artist.

Yasae

Banned
Javaman said:

On the list to be eaten? I don't think inkwells and artists taste too good, but eh...

SandvichCard.jpg

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the rounds these past days. Been wanting to get into this game but never really gave it time, so sorry for noobing it up. :p

I know that of right now, I am generally silent, but I'm fixing that soon (I appreciate the work of the team and medics, as I can't be that great of one
sorry blizzard :(
). it seems that a lot of my hardware been failing on me. My mic went out and shortly after my TV of 6 years died as well, and now it seems my mouse is acting up too.

Yasae

Banned
n8BitMan said:
Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the rounds these past days. Been wanting to get into this game but never really gave it time, so sorry for noobing it up. :p

I know that of right now, I am generally silent, but I'm fixing that soon (I appreciate the work of the team and medics, as I can't be that great of one
sorry blizzard :(
). it seems that a lot of my hardware been failing on me. My mic went out and shortly after my TV of 6 years died as well, and now it seems my mouse is acting up too.
*crosses legs* Mmmhmm, mmhmm.

And how does that make you feel, n8BitMan?

commissar

Blizzard said:
I think I MIGHT have had a 15 stab life in there before I kept getting killed by bacon. :lol
Oh man that sucks
muahahahahahahaha~
Javaman said:

For some reason I imagined it like this:
java-1.jpg

I got garrysmod and wanted a project. Hope it makes you feel better :>

Javaman

Tisan said:
Oh man that sucks
muahahahahahahaha~
For some reason I imagined it like this:
java-1.jpg

I got garrysmod and wanted a project. Hope it makes you feel better :>

:lol That is freaking awesome! Watch out Artist, I'm coming for you next.

Proven

Twig said:
I have been informed that you get a medal for participating.

WHO WANTS TO START A TEAM?!

I'm in.

It starts in May right? So then I should be out of classes with access to a computer, the ability to stay up late randomly, and only the Halo Reach beta as a possible distraction.

Boonoo

Twig said:

A medal! Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit. I'll play at 200 ping for a medal! I call scoot!

Blizzard

Banned
Twig said:

I CALL HEAVYMEDIC

I'd love to call pyro if anyone needs spychecking, but otherwise my skills aren't up to snuff.

Twig

Banned
I think if I had to go with what I'm best at, it would be soldier or pyro.

Or, if everyone else really sucks at sniping, sniper. But I'm only randomly really good at sniper. Most of the time I'm below average. ):

I'm not a bad medic either I guess.

I used to be awesome at demoman but I rarely play it anymore. O:

Javaman

From reading the description it looks like it's not really aimed for pro teams. That doesn't mean that there won't be sandbaggers though. :eek:P

Sounds like fun, but I'm not sure if my schedule will work with it. Has there been any word on the timing of the EU tourneys?

Oh god, I just realized that pl_frontier still isn't on the server. I'll try to get it added late tonight. Also I need to spend some time with swiftwater to see if I can get it to work. It's so retarded that just dropping in the maps and updating the maplist.txt won't simply make it work. Instead it crashes the server.

Blizzard

Banned
Javaman said:
From reading the description it looks like it's not really aimed for pro teams. That doesn't mean that there won't be sandbaggers though. :eek:P

Sounds like fun, but I'm not sure if my schedule will work with it. Has there been any word on the timing of the EU tourneys?

Oh god, I just realized that pl_frontier still isn't on the server. I'll try to get it added late tonight. Also I need to spend some time with swiftwater to see if I can get it to work. It's so retarded that just dropping in the maps and updating the maplist.txt won't simply make it work. Instead it crashes the server.
More maps are nice, but my wishlist for the server would be as follows:

1. Auto random 4-5 map vote each map that works, so admins don't have to do it.
2. Auto balance if it's like 9v7.
3. Votescramble option even if it's only two rounds. Some maps like hydro seem to go on forever even with unbalanced teams.
4. Map nominate command, or at least rtv.

Thanks for running it!

Twig

Banned
Soooo so far we got...

Boonoo: Scout
Twig: Soldier / Pyro / Sniper(if no one else takes it)
Blizzard: Heavy / Medic
snack: Demoman
rar: Medic / Demoman / Soldier

O:

Javaman

Twig said:
Soooo so far we got...

O:

Put me down for Eng/Medic assuming the schedule works.

Javaman

Blizzard said:
More maps are nice, but my wishlist for the server would be as follows:

1. Auto random 4-5 map vote each map that works, so admins don't have to do it.
2. Auto balance if it's like 9v7.
3. Votescramble option even if it's only two rounds. Some maps like hydro seem to go on forever even with unbalanced teams.
4. Map nominate command, or at least rtv.

Thanks for running it!

#1 and #4 *should* be working but aren't due to bugs in mani. (Still waiting on help on their forum). I'm going to try setting the round limits back to the default to see if that is what's causing the bug.

#2 is conscious decision I made to help people get to the teams/players that they want to be with. I can change it to 1 if you guys want though. 99% of the time it isn't a problem and usually someone from the strong team switches over manually to balance things out a bit.

#3 isn't supported by mani-mod from what I've seen. It's definitely not in the admin menu. I read somewhere that it's built into source with the command "mp_scrambleteams 1" but causes the server to crash when it's running mani. I hadn't tried it yet though but it's worth a shot.

commissar

Javaman said:
:lol That is freaking awesome! Watch out Artist, I'm coming for you next.
Glad you like it :) It's my wallpaper too so it's not all time lost on an elaborate joke~
did you see the bonus hat? ;)
Twig said:
Why is my name crossed out!! D: D:
What about your name?? WHAT ABOUT YOUR LEG D:
boonoo said:
A medal! Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit. I'll play at 200 ping for a medal! I call scoot!
And so will I! I would be sniper preferably :>

edit: They say European timezones which might be an issue btw, & up to 14 people can be registered, so multiple classes *can* be done on a match by match basis if necessary.

Blizzard

Banned
Twig said:
Soooo so far we got...

O:
Yeah, I'm up for pyro too.

And Java, I guess the 2-balance is fine as long as people are willing to switch. :)

Oreoleo

All my best classes are already spoken for but I'd love to get in on this Highlander shiz.

Medic / demo / soldier|pyro

would be my order of preference, but I guess we have like a month to sort it all out. Actually, these are supposed to be teams of 6 right? No reason why we couldn't make 2 or 3 teams to enter. Edit: Site says 14 player teams but isn't Highlander mode 6v6?

And just so we're clear you guys realize this is Euro based and will take place on Euro servers right?

Twig

Banned
Highlander is 9v9 I thought. One of each class.

14 people per team for only 6 at a time seems a little overkill.

And yeah I realize it's Euro. I'm hoping my fast pipes will make it not too bad for me. We'll see. O:

Oreoleo

Boonoo said:
Highlander is 9v9. The teams are composed of one player from each class. 6v6 is just standard comp.

Oh I guess I was getting my wires crossed. I haven't actually played Highlander or any kind of competitive TF2 match so I wouldn't know :p

So anyway if it's 9 to a team are the extra 5 just alternates or what?

snack

Orellio said:
Oh I guess I was getting my wires crossed. I haven't actually played Highlander or any kind of competitive TF2 match so I wouldn't know :p

So anyway if it's 9 to a team are the extra 5 just alternates or what?

There are no extras. There are 9 classes, so are all on the field at any given time.

Twig

Banned
snack said:
There are no extras. There are 9 classes, so are all on the field at any given time.
There are 14 members max per team. 9 on the field.

So, yeah, Oreo. Subsitutes/extras, whatever.

snack

Twig said:
There are 14 members max per team. 9 on the field.

So, yeah, Oreo. Subsitutes/extras, whatever.

K, my bad. I was thinking of something different. :lol

Scratch my previous post.

Twig

Banned
Blizzard: Heavy / Medic / Pyro
Orellio: Medic / Demo / Soldier|Pyro
Cheeto: Spy
JoeFu: ????????????????????????
Javaman: Engy(?)

So assuming everyone's schedules work out, we have a team now. O:

Javaman

Orellio said:
All my best classes are already spoken for but I'd love to get in on this Highlander shiz.

Medic / demo / soldier|pyro

would be my order of preference, but I guess we have like a month to sort it all out. Actually, these are supposed to be teams of 6 right? No reason why we couldn't make 2 or 3 teams to enter. Edit: Site says 14 player teams but isn't Highlander mode 6v6?

And just so we're clear you guys realize this is Euro based and will take place on Euro servers right?

Yeah, Paris is 6 hours ahead of Eastern time. Could be problematic.

Twig

Banned
Indeed, we'll see how it works. Once I'm aware of all the details I can say for sure whether or not I'll actually be able to participate. So, hey. For now we'll just keep killing each other on the GAF server. :3

Javaman

Twig said:
Blizzard: Heavy / Medic / Pyro
Orellio: Medic / Demo / Soldier|Pyro
Cheeto: Spy
JoeFu: ????????????????????????
Javaman: Engy(?)

So assuming everyone's schedules work out, we have a team now. O:

No Sciz as heavy make me a sad java.

Twig

Banned
Javaman said:
No Sciz as heavy make me a sad java.
He'll join us if he knows what's good for him.
Blizzard said:
Twig just posted a list with the multiple preferences...do we have to sign up there too?
I love spreadsheets. But yeah, multiple preferences (maybe even an order of preferences) would be ideal. If everyone wants the same classes, then that causes problems!

Javaman

I know the team was informal based on first come, but maybe we should get a larger group of people before we start assigning teams.

It's time to dust off Team Robama and EXTERMINATE.

Twig, you'll probably recognize our old team avatar unless you're a pretend Dr. Who fan....
1g0pkx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom