• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasae

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Glad to see you're on the F7 servers as well. Just...umm...watch your back if you're going to heavy often as you're just a HUGE moving target. Also watch out for snipers, especially KorbenD, Tina, Maximumbob, Hypnotik....shudder...I HATE playing against snipers as good as them.
Korben (think it was him) got a trash kill in badwater that he admitted to. If you can crouch in alignment with their reaction time, it's possible to dodge a couple snipers. The game doesn't always like that, however. Though not part of f7, Dopelobster came on later and hit some pretty funny (read: impossible) vectors as a sniper. I've got my eye on him.

They didn't stack tonight.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
notsol337 said:
When asked to scramble, what I've heard is all of them going "naw, we're not stacked!" every single time. If only it worked that way =(

Also kuro until I nuked my stats, I had 30 hours in scout and 29 in sniper as my top two, so me playing sniper shouldn't be surprising at all.

Damn! Well, when I first gamed with you, you were owning me as a scout so I view you more as a scout player :D

Hmm...well, I've brought up the team stacking concerns to the admin, but we'll see if anything is done.

If it makes you feel any better, one of the more senior admins, techfuzz, constantly switches to balance it out...and he's freakin.....arGH as a spy...

I know a lot of the players REALLY well since I game with them a lot, and you'd be really surprised when I think teams are stacked and the regulars get Lolled. Today on Steel, there was this really kick ass demoman who worked well with an engie of all things to just destroy us. We had Bro members on our team (the semi-competitive members) along with some ics guys, and again...rolled... :(

Just goes to show you that you never know if one team is really stacked. There is an autoscrambler that I don't believe affects donators, but I've seen it actually make things worse rather than better...

Yeah, I'm glad you chimed in Yasae...maybe EvilMario, Oreoleo, Sciz, and Java can put their input as well? My biggest beef with them is the admin abuse that can get out of hand; however, they've toned it down and I haven't seen any personally lately.

As for dodging...I tried to jump, crouch, walk, jump, zig zag, ANYTHING not to get sniped. But sometimes I pay the price for my laziness when I just walk in a straight line and get headshotted :(

Once, I got blasted into the air from a rocket and one of them actually headshotted me WHILE I WAS FLYING TOWARDS HIM!? Though a great friendship/rivalry came out of that :lol

Twig

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Stacking? I think you guys just got on when the more hardcore players got on. There are a group that tends to stick together, as they state 'they want to play with friends', but I've been on both sides and if it's REALLY stacked and one team is rolling, all you have have to do is ask and they'll scramble :p I've seen them do it often enough.
Every single time I join, the teams end up stacked within two maps. And every single time I've brought it up in the past, I just get some offhand comment laughing away my concerns. "No, we're not stacked, you guys just aren't working as a team!" On the rare occasion they do admit it, they do a scramble but then, "lol", the people who are stacking are immune to the scramble or something, because they remain on the same team.

It's not a big deal though because there are hundreds of servers out there I can join instead.

Also: tell them to stop sending out so many event announcements holy crap. (Again, not that it matters to me anymore, because I am no longer in that group!)

Inkwell

Banned
I'm sorry for being a bit of an asshole last night, though I wasn't really being serious. Blizzard, I don't really want you to get herpes :(. I can't remember who or what I said to anyone else.

On another note, what keyboards do you guys use? The one I have right now technically isn't supported under windows 7, although windows does install some drivers. It's just that it randomly won't load with windows, or the volume control won't work. If this happens I have to manually unplug it and re-plug the thing back in. I was thinking about getting this Logitech one because It's kind of similar to what I'm using now (plus its cheap and wired). I was thinking about getting a gaming keyboard, but they are just so expensive that I don't know if it's worth it.

Blizzard

Banned
Inkwell said:
I'm sorry for being a bit of an asshole last night, though I wasn't really being serious. Blizzard, I don't really want you to get herpes :(. I can't remember who or what I said to anyone else.
Well I think you said you wanted various people to die in a fire, get cancer, get venereal diseases, get hit by busses, that sort of thing. Nothing serious. :lol

Proven

I have to stop disappearing for days at a time. I signed up onto the google spreadsheet. My preferences tend to be Medic/Pyro/Soldier/Engineer/Heavy, and then the other classes can die in a fire.

Inkwell

Banned
Blizzard said:
Well I think you said you wanted various people to die in a fire, get cancer, get venereal diseases, get hit by busses, that sort of thing. Nothing serious. :lol
Oh, ok. Well I apologize to anyone I may have said something to. Except Kuro. He back stabs me too much.

Javaman

Blizzard said:

Yeah, it's just trash talk. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Inkwell, you bastard!

notsol337

marked forever
Inkwell said:

On another note, what keyboards do you guys use? The one I have right now technically isn't supported under windows 7, although windows does install some drivers. It's just that it randomly won't load with windows, or the volume control won't work. If this happens I have to manually unplug it and re-plug the thing back in. I was thinking about getting this Logitech one because It's kind of similar to what I'm using now (plus its cheap and wired). I was thinking about getting a gaming keyboard, but they are just so expensive that I don't know if it's worth it.

It's all good in the hood, I was just giving you a hard time! Not being serious <3<3

I use a Microsoft Digital Media Pro keyboard. http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=030

I used to have a kensington keyboard for life, but it broke and I have no idea where to send it to get it replaced.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
notsol337 said:
It's all good in the hood, I was just giving you a hard time! Not being serious <3<3

I use a Microsoft Digital Media Pro keyboard. http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=030

I used to have a kensington keyboard for life, but it broke and I have no idea where to send it to get it replaced.

I didn't think it was excessive, unlike that OTHER night with other people.

I'm using a wireless laser mouse and wireless keyboard, though it's not good for gaming...maybe i need to switch

Oreoleo

Kuro Madoushi said:
Yeah, I'm glad you chimed in Yasae...maybe EvilMario, Oreoleo, Sciz, and Java can put their input as well? My biggest beef with them is the admin abuse that can get out of hand; however, they've toned it down and I haven't seen any personally lately.

I don't really feel like there is a lot of stacking going on on F7 in general. Very rarely do I lose on that server and go "Oh its because everyone on my team sucks a dick." It's really fucking annoying to see people like Xonar who absolutely REFUSES to heal someone unless they are on f7/top3 of scoreboard etc etc, but other than shit like that I don't see much stacking. Sure you get the people who want to play together but there's usually a group of them on each team to balance it out. Maybe I'm just lucky enough to end up on the right side of things, but honestly I feel like we stack more on the GAF server than they do on F7, but hey.

Twig

Banned
People on the GAF server tend to be open to switching teams pretty fast if it's obviously a stack. I've done it a few times, Java does it all the time, I think I've seen pet do it, etc.

The past few days, and I'm not exaggerating, every time I'd join F7, it'd start out pretty decent, but then the map would change and three quarters of the >f7> guys would be on one team, and I'd be on the other (I usually pick random for teams (and class to start out with!)). Then my team would get rolled. Repeatedly. There was a scramble once but naturally all the >f7> guys (Kuro included!) ended up on the same teams, and I was still on the shit team. So it did jack shit.

Maybe I just had bad luck, but I've never had bad luck on other servers that consistently.

I understand wanting to play with your friends, but that doesn't make it fun for me. So fuck that shit, yo. I've still got 2f2f and OCR, and of course GAF!

Oreoleo

I hear ya. I'm not trying to defend them, merely providing some anecdotal evidence.

FWIW they have a secondary team scramble function on F7. Normally a bunch of people type 'scramble' and non-donaters get scrambled, but if the k:d ratios between the two teams are really lopsided (ie, REALLY stacked teams) then there is an auto scramble in which no one is immune. So they at least have safe guards in place if there really is blatant stacking.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Twig said:
People on the GAF server tend to be open to switching teams pretty fast if it's obviously a stack. I've done it a few times, Java does it all the time, I think I've seen pet do it, etc.

The past few days, and I'm not exaggerating, every time I'd join F7, it'd start out pretty decent, but then the map would change and three quarters of the >f7> guys would be on one team, and I'd be on the other (I usually pick random for teams (and class to start out with!)). Then my team would get rolled. Repeatedly. There was a scramble once but naturally all the >f7> guys (Kuro included!) ended up on the same teams, and I was still on the shit team. So it did jack shit.

Maybe I just had bad luck, but I've never had bad luck on other servers that consistently.

I understand wanting to play with your friends, but that doesn't make it fun for me. So fuck that shit, yo. I've still got 2f2f and OCR, and of course GAF!

Bah, stop being a hater. I get team switched more often than not, and it's not as if I try to re-stack teams like some others (usually non F7 members). The ONLY people who don't get switched are the F$ members since they pay for it. There doesn't seem to be anything I can say to convince you even after Yasae and Oreoleo have said otherwise. However, I would still like to see you and other gaffers on there more often though since it is fun to game with you guys (i still go on the GAF servers even after a lot of people tell me to join them on the F7 servers).

Oreo, did you call for medic using M or use the mic? I'll usually use the mic and he'll heal me (though I was a medic too, so he should've as courtesy). Additionally, if you were playing scout, he also tends to ignore them. Me, I get everyone since it leaves more targets for the other team, but I have seen medics get only certain players before.

(edit: I've spoken to the head admin about the scramble feature. Even he admits it needs some fine-tuning and would look into it again. I've said it before, auto-scramble tends to make things worse)

I'd also not put too much stock in that F7 tag. If I had to pick a team, I could easily pick a group of players (spy2, pet, boonoo, clown makeup, sciz, javaman, and a whole slew of others) that would roll the hell out of tagged members (myself included).

Most of the time, when I am on a rolled team, you can tell the big reason isn't due to their team being that much better; it's just our team is just a bunch of uncoordinated jackasses. I still remember one round, fucking clown makeup was raping our team as a spy, I KEPT TELLING MY TEAM TO SPYCHECK THE HILL. Nobody does it. We can't cap 2nd point. Another time, after we cap the 2nd point, spy2 is standing on a ledge overlooking us like a hawk, coming down, and wrecking our shit. Again, I warn everyone, but nobody cares. Sure, clown and spy2 are good, but the team was more like a drunken dumb and deaf bear on ice skates.

Oreoleo

Kuro Madoushi said:
Oreo, did you call for medic using M or use the mic? I'll usually use the mic and he'll heal me (though I was a medic too, so he should've as courtesy). Additionally, if you were playing scout, he also tends to ignore them. Me, I get everyone since it leaves more targets for the other team, but I have seen medics get only certain players before.

I think both. I probably started just using the medic hotkey (mine is V :p) and after he missed me once or twice causing me to die (when he was RIGHT THERE!) I started harassing him on the mic a little like call for medic, realize it's xonar and be like "oh its xonar nevermind he's never gonna heal me" and then he'd heal me but not even all the way. I understand wanting to stick with the guy who is at the top of the team, but it's like, he can manage by himself for 30 seconds. Do your job and heal the rest of the team (Something you're good at Kuro). But, eh. Not that big of a deal, just frustrating when it happens. FWIW I was a demoman and we were on blue on Frontier.

Edit: Shit I gotta go to work! see y'all.

Twig

Banned
I'm not hating. I'm stating facts.

It is up to you to take it how you will! And clearly you're not taking it at all, so that's fine!

notsol337

marked forever
Twig said:
I'm not hating. I'm stating facts.

It is up to you to take it how you will! And clearly you're not taking it at all, so that's fine!

I have to say, Kuro, Twig neither hates nor rages, he's just good at pretending.

I know the guy. Trust me!

Yasae

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Bah, stop being a hater. I get team switched more often than not, and it's not as if I try to re-stack teams like some others (usually non F7 members). The ONLY people who don't get switched are the F$ members since they pay for it. There doesn't seem to be anything I can say to convince you even after Yasae and Oreoleo have said otherwise. However, I would still like to see you and other gaffers on there more often though since it is fun to game with you guys (i still go on the GAF servers even after a lot of people tell me to join them on the F7 servers).

(edit: I've spoken to the head admin about the scramble feature. Even he admits it needs some fine-tuning and would look into it again. I've said it before, auto-scramble tends to make things worse)

I'd also not put too much stock in that F7 tag. If I had to pick a team, I could easily pick a group of players (spy2, pet, boonoo, clown makeup, sciz, javaman, and a whole slew of others) that would roll the hell out of tagged members (myself included).

Most of the time, when I am on a rolled team, you can tell the big reason isn't due to their team being that much better; it's just our team is just a bunch of uncoordinated jackasses. I still remember one round, fucking clown makeup was raping our team as a spy, I KEPT TELLING MY TEAM TO SPYCHECK THE HILL. Nobody does it. We can't cap 2nd point. Another time, after we cap the 2nd point, spy2 is standing on a ledge overlooking us like a hawk, coming down, and wrecking our shit. Again, I warn everyone, but nobody cares. Sure, clown and spy2 are good, but the team was more like a drunken dumb and deaf bear on ice skates.
:lol

They tended to stick together on their server, but it didn't result in stacking. The only steamrolls were spy caps. Those only happened for a couple maps and never consecutively. You're right, people put a bit too much stock in tags.

Twig

Banned
Tags are only a part of it. They (obviously) play with each other quite often. If you play with someone often enough you start playing BETTER with them.

Besides that, even if you took the tags off their names, the teams were still stacked.

Javaman

Orellio said:
I think both. I probably started just using the medic hotkey (mine is V :p) and after he missed me once or twice causing me to die (when he was RIGHT THERE!) I started harassing him on the mic a little like call for medic, realize it's xonar and be like "oh its xonar nevermind he's never gonna heal me" and then he'd heal me but not even all the way. I understand wanting to stick with the guy who is at the top of the team, but it's like, he can manage by himself for 30 seconds. Do your job and heal the rest of the team (Something you're good at Kuro). But, eh. Not that big of a deal, just frustrating when it happens. FWIW I was a demoman and we were on blue on Frontier.

Edit: Shit I gotta go to work! see y'all.

It's made even more stupid by the fact that he could charge ubers/kritz much faster by healing other people. You get more charge by healing injured people.

Inkwell

Banned
notsol337 said:

That's the type of keyboard I'm looking for, but I can't find that one on newegg. There's plenty to choose from, but I don't think I want to get an ergonomic keyboard. Here's what I have right now:
nappis.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, that the server was kinda empty tonight.

Rage, hate, facts? Whatever, I've already had other people say their piece.

Hope you guys will be on for Sunday. Who works on Sat and Sun?!!?!?!?!?!? Man....

Sciz

I'd forgotten how much I actually enjoy micspamming on occasion. I fear I'm going to burn through all of my best material pretty quickly, though. Comments, criticisms, and queries accepted.

Sibylus

Banned
Sciz said:
I'd forgotten how much I actually enjoy micspamming on occasion. I fear I'm going to burn through all of my best material pretty quickly, though. Comments, criticisms, and queries accepted.
Age of Empires music, specifically from 1 and 2.

DO IT DO IT DO IT

notsol337

marked forever
Sciz said:
Sweet Sally Struthers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom