• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
Yeah I'm not assigning any teams yet. I was just putting together a list of all the people who want to participate.

Also: I'm a real Doctor Who fan HOW DARE YOU. But I don't recognize that. ): I may not have seen it yet. This is the first time I've watched old Doctor Who. And if I have seen it, well... I have a terrible memory.

P.S. Jon Pertwee is awesome.

TP

High Ping Euro tourney sound like fun. Looks like you guys have a team though so put me down for sub

Medic/Pyro/anythingbutsniper

Twig

Banned
The Potentials

Boonoo: Scout
Twig: Soldier / Pyro / Sniper (if no one else takes it)
Blizzard: Heavy / Medic / Pyro
snack (The Japonator): Demoman
rar (pet): Medic / Demoman / Soldier
Orellio (Oreoleo): Medic / Demo / Soldier|Pyro
Cheeto: Spy
JoeFu: ????????????????????????
Javaman: Engy(?)
Jeo (Toxic Punch): Medic / Pyro / anythingbutsniper
Botolf: Anything the team needs (I'm doing pretty well as sniper lately, so I could roll with that as well)

Javaman

Twig said:
Yeah I'm not assigning any teams yet. I was just putting together a list of all the people who want to participate.

Also: I'm a real Doctor Who fan HOW DARE YOU. But I don't recognize that. ): I may not have seen it yet. This is the first time I've watched old Doctor Who. And if I have seen it, well... I have a terrible memory.

P.S. Jon Pertwee is awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot_%28Doctor_Who%29

That bastard gave me nightmares as a kid.

Fixed1979

I wouldn't mind joining a team, I'm fairly competent with engineer, and if I'm playing alright the pyro . Terrible with spy, sniper, demo, heavy, solider. Marginal with medic...Shit I'm really bad.
pick me

snack

I could modify the spreadsheet and add more questionsto it. What should I add?

--

2wdvmds.png
Click Here to Add Yourself to the List
2wdvmds.png
Click Here to View the List

Twig

Banned
Just like a first/second/third choice for class you'd want to play. Nothing fancy.

edit: already hard at work i see

so yeah use his spreadsheet, it's handy dandy!

notsol337

marked forever
I totally signed up for scout/sniper/pyro for the tourney! I guess I better get practiced up, because I want a medal!

p.s. since I'm terrible at pretty much every class I'll play whatever roll needs filled.

also, www.steamcommunity.com/id/notso

My stats are weird because I keep resetting them.

Boonoo

Oh, are you asking for real steam IDs or just our steam friend name?
it might be easiest to just ask for steam community pages.

Sibylus

Banned
Ah, so that form controls what kind of things random people can do to the spreadsheet? Clever girl.

Signed on as Soldier, Sniper, and Engineer. This is my Steam id page if you're going through and replacing the steam names.

Boonoo

This should be fun! So that we can get the most people possible medaled up we should just get as many people signed up as we can. We can sort out specific teams once we get enough in place.

Also, since highlanders are actually kind of fun--they're like more well organized pub games--with two full teams we could have some fights between the two of them using something like tf2lobby (a great place to go if you're looking to try out 6v6 comp or the occasional highlander).

Edit: oh no! I did the form twice. how do you change once section without imputing the whole thing again?

Twig

Banned
We probably shouldn't let Botolf be on the team.

He only has experience with shitty 2fort and its variants.

EDIT: Also, we could always temporarily password the GAF server to do some highlander practice. O:

Sibylus

Banned
Twig said:
We probably shouldn't let Botolf be on the team.

He only has experience with shitty 2fort and its variants.

EDIT: Also, we could always temporarily password the GAF server to do some highlander practice. O:
Lies, it's just home base to me.

Think about it in terms of the Eastern Front. I'm like the Siberian reserves, native to the areas beyond the Ural Mountains, but I can still be trucked in and play a vital role in breaking the Axis siege of Moscow.

Fixed1979

Twig said:
Just like a first/second/third choice for class you'd want to play. Nothing fancy.

edit: already hard at work i see

so yeah use his spreadsheet, it's handy dandy!

Anyway to update my listing on the spreadsheet with second and third classes, or would I have to create a new entry?

Twig

Banned
I dunno, I think you could probably just ask him to change in manually.
Botolf said:
Lies, it's just home base to me.

Think about it in terms of the Eastern Front. I'm like the Siberian reserves, native to the areas beyond the Ural Mountains, but I can still be trucked in and play a vital role in breaking the Axis siege of Moscow.
how come you never play with us ]:

Oreoleo

Botolf said:
Kuro's been inviting me several times this week, but the server's always full when I want to play :0

You guys should up it to a 32-man!

You know as time goes on I like that it's limited to 24 more and more. The real solution is to implement reserved slots.

Twig

Banned
32 person throws off the balance for ninety percent of the maps out there. No thanks.

Reserved slots are the answer. And also if you just try for more than like ten minutes a spot will open up. So impatient!

Blizzard

Banned
Botolf said:
Kuro's been inviting me several times this week, but the server's always full when I want to play :0

You guys should up it to a 32-man!
32-player is spam central, plus the server usually dies after Java leaves.

I'm not sure I even believe you about joining. :( I tried talking to you but you just usually say you like 2fort or something. I got you to join to play 2fort once, but that was one of the only times I've seen you on the server.

Sibylus

Banned
Blizzard said:
32-player is spam central, plus the server usually dies after Java leaves.

I'm not sure I even believe you about joining. :( I tried talking to you but you just usually say you like 2fort or something. I got you to join to play 2fort once, but that was one of the only times I've seen you on the server.
This week it seems like every time I've been asked it's full, and no, 10 minutes usually doesn't change anything. Kuro's asked me around 3 or 4 times and it's the same deal when I check the server count.

I do hop on occasionally when no one invites, but usually for short spurts.

I'll just try to join in ahead of the curve this time.

Blizzard

Banned
Botolf said:
This week it seems like every time I've been asked it's full, and no, 10 minutes usually doesn't change anything. Kuro's asked me around 3 or 4 times and it's the same deal when I check the server count.

I do hop on occasionally when no one invites, but usually for short spurts.

I'll just try to join in ahead of the curve this time.
Excuses! I know you, playing your MODDING GAME. :mad:

Twig

Banned
FPS Banana will have it.

Also Java: the novelty maps need to be restricted to exactly one round. I'm so sick of Pac-Man. I'd rather have played 2fort.

notsol337

marked forever
Twig said:
FPS Banana will have it.

Also Java: the novelty maps need to be restricted to exactly one round. I'm so sick of Pac-Man. I'd rather have played 2fort.

I second this. I love the maps loads but they drop the server population like mad, especially pacman.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind 1~2 rounds of pacman. I just wanted to end the night with it is all.

DOH! Botolf...guess you'll just have to again tomorrow night. You're on the TF2 GAF group, right? Java sends out announcements as to when he's gonna start it up. I just send out the personal invites since nobody really pays attention to the announcements :p

Yasae

Banned
Didn't feel like hopping on tonight. Had some fun returning to the mic on the F7 server. I sound like a mosquito buzzing in your ear, but I've come to terms with it.

Might as well bring those Chaka Khan clips with me...

I would also like to join the competition, though I'd likely be hitting 300ms+ ping. I'm not sure that would fly...

notsol337

marked forever
f7 is anti-fun. Every time I join the server the teams are stacked heavily, and if you bring it up you just hear "What? We're not stacked! We did all pay money to stack though." :lol

Twig

Banned
Yeah F7 is fucking ridiculous. It used to be pretty friendly to new players and I don't remember any stacking in the past. But now... Meh, I don't have to play there. I'm done with the place.
Kuro Madoushi said:
I don't mind 1~2 rounds of pacman. I just wanted to end the night with it is all.

DOH! Botolf...guess you'll just have to again tomorrow night. You're on the TF2 GAF group, right? Java sends out announcements as to when he's gonna start it up. I just send out the personal invites since nobody really pays attention to the announcements :p
People always come when I send out announcements. Usually fills up about two thirds!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yasae said:
Didn't feel like hopping on tonight. Had some fun returning to the mic on the F7 server. I sound like a mosquito buzzing in your ear, but I've come to terms with it.

Might as well bring those Chaka Khan clips with me...

I would also like to join the competition, though I'd likely be hitting 300ms+ ping. I'm not sure that would fly...

Glad to see you're on the F7 servers as well. Just...umm...watch your back if you're going to heavy often as you're just a HUGE moving target. Also watch out for snipers, especially KorbenD, Tina, Maximumbob, Hypnotik....shudder...I HATE playing against snipers as good as them.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Stacking? I think you guys just got on when the more hardcore players got on. There are a group that tends to stick together, as they state 'they want to play with friends', but I've been on both sides and if it's REALLY stacked and one team is rolling, all you have have to do is ask and they'll scramble :p I've seen them do it often enough.

Blizzard

Banned
Sciz said:
For those who were wondering, that was Magic Moments by Perry Como, among other things.

(yes I am in the right thread)
:D For everyone else, imagine Pac-man, with super low gravity, and people rocket jumping and exploding, while that music is playing.

I can't find the surf music on youtube, but it was cool too. The other song was awful though.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Blizzard said:
:D For everyone else, imagine Pac-man, with super low gravity, and Blizzard rocket jumping and exploding to my perfectly aimed Direct Hit shots, while that music is playing.
Yes. It was glorious.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said:
:D For everyone else, imagine Pac-man, with super low gravity, and people rocket jumping and exploding, while that music is playing.

I can't find the surf music on youtube, but it was cool too. The other song was awful though.

Nah, I liked them all. It's just so...different? from regular TF2 going through Pacman blasting crazy ass tunes with artistdude going natascha heavy and notsol going snipe!

notsol337

marked forever
Kuro Madoushi said:
Stacking? I think you guys just got on when the more hardcore players got on. There are a group that tends to stick together, as they state 'they want to play with friends', but I've been on both sides and if it's REALLY stacked and one team is rolling, all you have have to do is ask and they'll scramble :p I've seen them do it often enough.

When asked to scramble, what I've heard is all of them going "naw, we're not stacked!" every single time. If only it worked that way =(

Also kuro until I nuked my stats, I had 30 hours in scout and 29 in sniper as my top two, so me playing sniper shouldn't be surprising at all.

Sciz

Blizzard said:

The surf track is Guitar Fiction from The Sims 2: Bon Voyage, though I think you're right in that it's not on Youtube.

The other one isn't supposed to be a good song.

I've got a fairly diverse bunch of stuff available, at any rate, though I'll be good and only break it out by request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom