• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Just some tips when watching you play: Watch the series of videos I posted the link for above. You're way too obvious and need to hide in better spots. You also need to pick your spots to uncloak/attack better (above, out of way spots, corners). And use the Doucheringer to get some practice in. Or, go on the freefrag servers to practice; most of them REALLY suck at spy checking.

I shouldn't have told yasae what to look for...makes my job harder now cause after I got him the first few times, he was a lot more careful. Then there's sciz, who randomly turns around to check stuff out. However, to get around this, you just wait til your team is distracting them and then you go in for the kill. Example: Sciz is attacking point B on Gravelpit. I see him walk by, but I know he'll turn around to check, so I wait til he starts firing his gun and I see my teammates try to spam him. Can't dodge THAT backstab, can ya Sciz...
It's weird, 'cause I spycheck all the time as every other class but rifle-sniper. I even remember to check as huntsman sniper. So every time I play rifle-sniper I get backstabbed a lot. You'd think I would remember to check the MOST as rifle-sniper.

Oh, and as spy. I never check as spy lol.

EDIT: Also does anyone know if Valve has said anything at all about improving their demo player/recorder? There was that one brief mention aaaaaaaaaages ago when the game first came out. I haven't heard anything since. \:

Proven

Twig said:
It's weird, 'cause I spycheck all the time as every other class but rifle-sniper. I even remember to check as huntsman sniper. So every time I play rifle-sniper I get backstabbed a lot. You'd think I would remember to check the MOST as rifle-sniper.

Oh, and as spy. I never check as spy lol.

EDIT: Also does anyone know if Valve has said anything at all about improving their demo player/recorder? There was that one brief mention aaaaaaaaaages ago when the game first came out. I haven't heard anything since. \:

For the demo recorder improvements, right before they mentioned that there was a random dude who figured out a way to do just what Valve said they wanted to do (by that I mean have the game auto record for you so that you can just hit a button after death to save your favorite streaks) by just using a script that monitored the console as you played. Everytime you spawned, it'd start a demo, and then when you died you'd need to hit a button within a certain amount of time (that you can set yourself) to save the demo, or it would be deleted. And either way a new one would start recording.

One problem though: The guy disappeared, and several updates ago Valve changed some of the wording used in the info shown through console, so it broke. People have been trying to fix it and improve it but... Valve broke it again. Most recently, it sounds like the original guy is back: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=921861

Orellio said:
Maybe I'm being dense but I'm not sure what you're getting at here. In what way?
Your losing streaks turn into to my hollow win streaks!

Oreoleo

Proven said:
For the demo recorder improvements, right before they mentioned that there was a random dude who figured out a way to do just what Valve said they wanted to do (by that I mean have the game auto record for you so that you can just hit a button after death to save your favorite streaks) by just using a script that monitored the console as you played. Everytime you spawned, it'd start a demo, and then when you died you'd need to hit a button within a certain amount of time (that you can set yourself) to save the demo, or it would be deleted. And either way a new one would start recording.[/url]

That would be amazing. Basically a video snapshot of shorts.

That's what I thought you meant!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Proven said:
For the demo recorder improvements, right before they mentioned that there was a random dude who figured out a way to do just what Valve said they wanted to do (by that I mean have the game auto record for you so that you can just hit a button after death to save your favorite streaks) by just using a script that monitored the console as you played. Everytime you spawned, it'd start a demo, and then when you died you'd need to hit a button within a certain amount of time (that you can set yourself) to save the demo, or it would be deleted. And either way a new one would start recording.
I NEED this.

Also demo frag vid. Usually not a fan of these but this was surprisingly consistent overall.
Gets better as time goes on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVZ8PvqMeXY

Blizzard

Banned
Foggy Mountain Breakdown was the best part of tonight, aside from maybe Twig and I putting aside our differences and killing everyone and everything on the final point of a map.

Javaman

Joe was on a roll tonight. Reflecting Jarate (but was cruelly cut down right after by a spy) and taking out a heavy/medic combo on that same point.

Oreoleo

Blizzard said:
Foggy Mountain Breakdown was the best part of tonight, aside from maybe Twig and I putting aside our differences and killing everyone and everything on the final point of a map.

On the flip side of things I enjoyed wasting away Twig's ubers as a heavy on Dustbowl. Too bad I got firebombed or whatever when I was going for the punch-out achievement at the beginning of the round :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Javaman said:
Joe was on a roll tonight. Reflecting Jarate (but was cruelly cut down right after by a spy) and taking out a heavy/medic combo on that same point.

Cruelly cut down by a spy...poor Joe...(sniff) who...WHO could be so CrUel?!!?!?!?

BEHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND YOU JOE!!!!

link_spah_spray.jpg

Twig

Banned
Yeah tonight was awesome. :3

I can remember a lot of things I want to fraps for myself, but if there's anything you guys want (and for some reason can't do it yourself) let me know. I'll apply my shitty video editing skills to the task!

I think this weekend I might try messing around with the camera again. See if I can at least get it to show other people's viewpoints, at the very least.
Proven said:

One problem though: The guy disappeared, and several updates ago Valve changed some of the wording used in the info shown through console, so it broke. People have been trying to fix it and improve it but... Valve broke it again. Most recently, it sounds like the original guy is back: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=921861

That's all awesome but more than that I was hoping they might FIX the demo player. It's a piece of shit as it is right now. Constantly crashes if I jump around, I have to actually reload the map to rewind (wtf?), etc.

That would be an awesome thing to have though. I will now explore.

Twig

Banned
Hahaha when he's right behind the soldier at the end... da bestest.

Da bestest.
Tisan said:
the one from tonight?
I had ten demos last night. (One per map we played on.)

I mean, they're never more than 20 meg, or thereabouts, so I could upload them. Buuut... O:

commissar

Twig said:
Hahaha when he's right behind the soldier at the end... da bestest.

Da bestest.

I had ten demos last night. (One per map we played on.)

I mean, they're never more than 20 meg, or thereabouts, so I could upload them. Buuut... O:
hmmm don't worry about it then.
Instead I shall attempt to unravel the mysteries of this "console" tomorrow. Or today. Man it's late D:

Thanks anyway

JoeFu

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Cruelly cut down by a spy...poor Joe...(sniff) who...WHO could be so CrUel?!!?!?!?

BEHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND YOU JOE!!!!

link_spah_spray.jpg

:(

Having a blast again with the game. So fun, but I still hate spahz :( the freaking crit sound still makes me jump when I get backstabbed in the middle of nowhere.

JoeFu

Banned
Twig said:
I think it's time I got a new headset.

Suggestions?!??

Who needs headsets? You know its awesome when I'm talking and you can hear the explosions and gunfire and whatnot happening around me.

Twig

Banned
Yeah but that's because you're a hater. I'm talking about people who actually play instead of sit idly while the rest of us have fun.

Oreoleo

Fixed1979

SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
This is what i use. It's a great mic. If you don't want to wait for shipping you should be able to find a store near you that has it for the same price as newegg

I've had logitech headphones that eventually broke and then purchased a pair of Razor HP-1 which I hated and stoped using. I want to try a desktop mic so maybe I'll grab this thing, I just need to find the adaptor for my 595's so I can use them with it. I'm guessing push to talk is not really a viable option? Is there anyone with speakers who uses a desktop mic and doesn't find it too anoying to hit a button to speak?

Fixed1979 said:
Is there anyone with speakers who uses a desktop mic and doesn't find it too anoying to hit a button to speak?

I use push to speak in all my games and i don't find it annoying at all. I just map the talk button to f on my keyboard so its right near my directional keys. BTW, most of you probably don't know who i am. Not that it matters at all, but i am Tyler Is Solid Snake. :D

Javaman

Twig said:

That one sucked sooooo bad. Right at the end you can hear me say "come in the door, quick!"
I had been rocket jumping into the far right sniper platform to harass the guys in the right tunnel. I jumped up there and saw it empty and called for the team to come through the door I was holding open, completely unaware of the carnage that was taking place at the point. I must have jump up right when you guys came out. :lol :lol :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Boonoo said:
I use this as well.

Push to talk is not an issue at all for me, I auto reflex to hit 'v' (I should really bind it to a mouse button though).

The only issue is that with a USB mic you have to mix audio lines if you want to livecast something (unless someone knows a way to fix this).
On the plus side however it doesn't have to be near your mouth all the time.

Javaman

Orellio said:
HAHA I saw you do that taunt right next to the cart and was like "Oh that sniper is just ASKING for it" and I charged out as soldier with the equalizer to kill you and the heavy next to you just destroyed me :(

And LOL at us getting blown up while ubered :p

Yeah, that was a self inflicted timebomb after inadvertently blowing up cp1 on dustbowl. I gave the enemy engineer a chance to choose who to blow up on the blue team as payback, but he took too long making the decision. :lol

Twig

Banned
I use push to talk. Mouse 4. Or 5, I always forget which is which. But it's handy. :3
SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
I use push to speak in all my games and i don't find it annoying at all. I just map the talk button to f on my keyboard so its right near my directional keys. BTW, most of you probably don't know who i am. Not that it matters at all, but i am Tyler Is Solid Snake. :D
I figured that out.

You damn furry.
Javaman said:
That one sucked sooooo bad. Right at the end you can hear me say "come in the door, quick!"
I had been rocket jumping into the far right sniper platform to harass the guys in the right tunnel. I jumped up there and saw it empty and called for the team to come through the door I was holding open, completely unaware of the carnage that was taking place at the point. I must have jump up right when you guys came out. :lol :lol :lol
Well done. O:
Pumpkins said:
:lol I can't believe I put a stop to your rampage.

I was watching the video and was like "Daaaang, this guy is a beast." Then I was like... "wait, I was the one that shot him!?"
Snipers! I swear! I was about to destroy that spy, too... I just needed that little pick me up, so I had to go out in the open. ]:

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Great vids, Twig.

My fave is the one where I'm approaching you and that demoman and you guys hide behind the hill when I keep going left and right and changing disguises. I can't believe I managed to kill that demoman after confusing you guys.

I saw a sniper go one way, so I disguised as him to throw you guys off! :lol

Blizzard

Banned
Aww Twig, we had a video and we were MVPs.

MAYBE TONIGHT I WILL GET MY PYRO HAT! I just need one normal item from any of four different classes to get it. :(

Blizzard

Banned
Sciz, what is going on?!
s1lshi.jpg

It was finally time!
250qf6r.jpg

I has crafted hat. I only ever idled (on an actual server, not with a utility) like two days during those dark times when spy and scout weapons couldn't be earned, I think. Aren't I special. And it wasn't the beanie, which was mebbe the one I wanted least!
34pjat0.jpg

I followed it up by being bad at pyro though. :lol

Sibylus

Banned
Boonoo said:
Medals are easy to make if you have any others floating around.
1 random medal + class x item = class x medal
I think he's talking about the medal, not a class token.

I has a soldier medal too :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom