• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kade

Javaman said:
Is it full with 24 players? I've never banned you and don't believe any of the mods have either.

Nah, I started trying to connect when the server was at 18/24 and kept trying until it eventually got full.

Javaman

dygiT said:
Nah, I started trying to connect when the server was at 18/24 and kept trying until it eventually got full.

That's wierd. I don't see you in the autokick list or banlist. Are we friended on steam? If not what alias have you used recently.

Volcynika

You people and your inviting! I've just been working on some single player games I need to finish, and during the weekend when my brother comes home, our internet gets incredibly worse (it's been finicky lately) and online games just frustrate me with the teleporting lag, but I still hear your cries of wanting me to join!

notsol337

marked forever
I should be on tomorrow. HK47 and Botolf got me doing l4d2 when I was done with homework! Then you can wreck my shit, bitches goddam I don't even

Hey guys, I've been wanting to get into TF2 for awhile now, should I wait until it goes on sale on Steam or buy it off of Amazon for around $10?

Yasae

Banned
NubCakes09 said:
Hey guys, I've been wanting to get into TF2 for awhile now, should I wait until it goes on sale on Steam or buy it off of Amazon for around $10?
I picked it up for $20 during a steam sale. It's worth a good forty or fifty, so anything less than that is undoubtedly worth it.

I played Quake Wars for awhile before this, and that only cost eight bucks. It was also worth quite a bit more.

Javaman

NubCakes09 said:

I'd say I've gotten at least $10 worth of fun out of this...
m7rorb.jpg

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
My stats had horrendously high playtimes like that. I reset mine because I was embarrassed everytime I was loading a new map.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Is resetting all or nothing? Or can I just reset the points record for one class? My spy's is all out of whack from a while back when I went to an achievement server and it bugs me greatly.

Oreoleo

NameGenerated said:
Is resetting all or nothing? Or can I just reset the points record for one class? My spy's is all out of whack from a while back when I went to an achievement server and it bugs me greatly.

It's all or nothing and that is EXACTLY why I reset mine. Fucked everything up on achievement servers :(

Yasae

Banned
Sciz said:
I cannot fathom the love this soundtrack gets. Points for being distinctive, but it isn't that special.
Agreed, it's not. Amethyst Caverns took off because it had a hook. The rest I found... Boring...

Boonoo

Also, if you reset stats you reset the achievements you haven't completed yet. Say goodbye to 500000 points of pyro damage.

Twig

Banned
I never went to a cheesemint server or anything. All my stats are legit. :3

Of course they're also not nearly as impressive as, for example, Javaman's. Man. ):

Twig

Banned
Yeah I did that earlier today. I enjoyed it. Pretty charming little thing he has there. :3

(Makes me want that Telltale-developed TF2 adventure we fantasized about a few weeks ago allllll the more!)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

benjipwns

Banned
Is it worse that I immediately recognized the music was from a Nintendo game or that I didn't realize it was Mario Galaxy and not a Zelda game?
Or that I even recognized it and came close.

JoeFu

Banned
Video was amazing. I think I caught most of the music, loved the Ace Attorney music during the part with the
tunnel snakes

The Mario Galaxy music and Wind Waker music really worked well with it.

Proven

Botolf said:
Son of a bitch, 2 posts above me?

Goddamn :lol

Shush. He released yesterday and I did it last night, but completely forgot to post it the entire time.

benjipwns said:
Is it worse that I immediately recognized the music was from a Nintendo game or that I didn't realize it was Mario Galaxy and not a Zelda game?
Or that I even recognized it and came close.

Don't worry; until one blatant Zelda song, I thought all the Nintendo music was from Paper Mario. Then I thought Zelda and Paper Mario, and find out it was Galaxy.

Lumine

benjipwns said:
So some of it was Wind Waker after all, I thought so then glanced at the comments and assumed it was all Galaxy.

I'm pretty sure I recognized some music from Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions as well. :lol

Fun stuff.

Edit: FF7 too. :p

Twig

Banned
Video tiiiiiiiiime!

Wherein I take advantage of Blizzard's singing and storytelling to cap the intel.
Wherein I single-handedly (with the help of Tyler and some others) kill the entire red team and win Badwater forever.
Wherein Java's mic spam is perfect.
Wherein things happen to make me giggle incessantly.
Wherein the red team is totally unprepared on Hoodoo because we're too busy bickering over classes and whether or not we actually want to stay on the map.
Wherein Tyler dies majestically.
Wherein Tyler kills me. ):
Wherein I am utterly awful oh god hlap
Wherein i am a slick mother OH GOD THERE'S A JAVAMAN SENTRY oh wait we might win OH NOOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT: check out this mad awesome spam i got on the youtubes
episodeman1 said:
God Ur Gud

Hello,

I noticed you put a video on youtube just a while ago and i thought you had an amazing voice.

I wanted to let you know about some tips on how you can get your videos featured

Heres a link

link removed

If you go onto that link and watch the video it might give you some ideas on how to get featured on youtube so your videos can be seen

If you have to fill out a small survey just do it but it only takes 1 minute and its really good information.

A know a guy who done it and got featured.

Anyway keep up the good videos

Dave

What do you guys think? Could I make it on American Idol? :3

EDIT EDIT: Doh. Removed link. Dunno if it's malicious or not but yeah.

Twig

Banned
I don't. I play the demo in TF2 and record with Fraps while it's playing back. Then I trim off the bulk using VirtualDub.

Javaman

Twig said:
I don't. I play the demo in TF2 and record with Fraps while it's playing back. Then I trim off the bulk using VirtualDub.

Do you start a new demo file on each map change? I'm looking forward to checking these out when I get home.

Twig

Banned
Javaman said:
Do you start a new demo file on each map change? I'm looking forward to checking these out when I get home.
Yeah, I use that auto-demo-saver thing rar posted about a while back. I forget the name, though. Maybe Pov-Record? Yeah that's it.

Launch

Banned
Only got TF2 (and first pc) this week! Haven't had a go with everyone yet but took an instant liking to playing demoman, bad move for a noob?! Any really basic beginners advice I might need :(

Steam ID: LaunchOctopus

Boonoo

Demo was my first class, and I liked it pretty well. You can hang back or hash it out on the front lines pretty easily. Demo is also nice since you can gradually change from stickies to pills as you get better.

Since you're liking demo give the how to videos on youtube a watch. Also, I'd just push through with him and take your lumps as you learn the maps and where to trap and whatnot. There's really no need to start at pyro or heavy or an 'easy' class; just power through with what you like.

Don't be afraid to die a lot, and really learn the basics before you start messing around with the sword and shield. (I say this as someone who thinks vanilla demos are a lot more powerful and quite a bit more helpful to the team).

Twig

Banned
Demoman is the best.

General newbie advice is pick soldier, or if you're really scared medic, just to learn the maps and what not. Beyond that, just do whatever's fun. O:

Twig

Banned
Boonoo said:
Demo was my first class, and I liked it pretty well. You can hang back or hash it out on the front lines pretty easily. Demo is also nice since you can gradually change from stickies to pills as you get better.

Since you're liking demo give the how to videos on youtube a watch. Also, I'd just push through with him and take your lumps as you learn the maps and where to trap and whatnot. There's really no need to start at pyro or heavy or an 'easy' class; just power through with what you like.

Don't be afraid to die a lot, and really learn the basics before you start messing around with the sword and shield. (I say this as someone who thinks vanilla demos are a lot more powerful and quite a bit more helpful to the team).
I agree with everything here. :3

But I still love using the sword. Even if I'm less useful it's so much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom