• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

If I'm around, I might as well give it ago. If it isn't very formal, then we might as well let them pick from our members as well and try to have some 9v9. We could then use them to shore up some teams for that etf2l tournament.

Javaman

Blizzard said:
Of course I'd be up for it if I was around. By the way, we should still try highlander mode some time for practice.

Also Java, if you ever want to try another crazy custom map, I have a suggestion. I played on a server last night with a really crazy map that is apparently very old. It has two giant rocket-powered trucks racing through a desert, connected by a couple of bridges. It's a CTF map but it was mostly craziness. The interesting part was that despite the moving vehicles aiming wasn't too laggy, maybe just a little...though projectiles would get caught by the wind if you fired them between vehicles. I know stuff like balloon race makes everything horribly jumpy and weird, so maybe this map worked smoothly because it cheated and moved everything past the trucks, instead of moving the trucks past a fixed landscape...

Yeah, I think that's a map from UT2004. I'll get it on the server when I get a chance.

So I've been trying to get into TF2 again lately, but I'm having trouble finding good servers. Does anyone have any hot tips for good EU servers?

And what's this GAF server I keep reading about? That's located in the US I presume?

notsol337

marked forever
Blizzard said:
Of course I'd be up for it if I was around. By the way, we should still try highlander mode some time for practice.

Also Java, if you ever want to try another crazy custom map, I have a suggestion. I played on a server last night with a really crazy map that is apparently very old. It has two giant rocket-powered trucks racing through a desert, connected by a couple of bridges. It's a CTF map but it was mostly craziness. The interesting part was that despite the moving vehicles aiming wasn't too laggy, maybe just a little...though projectiles would get caught by the wind if you fired them between vehicles. I know stuff like balloon race makes everything horribly jumpy and weird, so maybe this map worked smoothly because it cheated and moved everything past the trucks, instead of moving the trucks past a fixed landscape...

I second this. I love that map. CONVOOOOOOOOOOY.

Javaman

Ultimatum said:
I'm going to destroy you guys later

The gauntlet has been thrown and I'm up for reffing a challenge if anyone is interested in taking him up on it. Any map, any location. I'll just teleport you guys there. I should be around after 10pm. Just let me know.

Also admin and reserve slots are still open to anyone who wants one.

Yasae

Banned
Inkwell said:
Well, you made me curious so I looked it up. Is it ctf_convoy_v2? I'm not sure how the thing would actually play, but it might be fun to try it out.
That link had the most hilarious ad ever:

docs.jpg

But I'll still get the map...

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Javaman said:
The gauntlet has been thrown and I'm up for reffing a challenge if anyone is interested in taking him up on it. Any map, any location. I'll just teleport you guys there. I should be around after 10pm. Just let me know.

Also admin and reserve slots are still open to anyone who wants one.
I'll take one. Again.

Sciz

Those who purchased The Devil's Playhouse from TTG directly can now visit this url to get a promotional code to plug into Steam. You'll get the items, and additionally it unlocked The Penal Zone on my account as well. Might be the whole season, even, but no one knows outside of Valve.

And the offer is still good through the 23rd, even for people who haven't already bought the game.

Valve and Telltale customer service working together is a beautiful thing.

Inkwell

Banned
Sciz said:
Those who purchased The Devil's Playhouse from TTG directly can now visit this url to get a promotional code to plug into Steam. You'll get the items, and additionally it unlocked The Penal Zone on my account as well. Might be the whole season, even, but no one knows outside of Valve.

And the offer is still good through the 23rd, even for people who haven't already bought the game.

I didn't think they would have this worked out already.

Pumpkins

Javaman said:
Let's try this map tonight guys....
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/download/45247
Convoy rc2. It's small enough to DL from the server (24megs) but it might be faster to get it from fpsbanana.

This map is a BLAST to play. Definitely a keeper.

I remember on V1 of this map there was a glitch where you could jump in the middle of the two moving vehicles (which is supposed to ultimately kill you since they're both moving), but as an engie you could build a dispenser on the ground and block yourself from falling to the back of the map. :lol

Javaman

Boonoo said:
Hey java, any chance we can get Viaduct and Sawmill on the server? Those are great when there are less than 12 people on.

Will do. There's a way to separate out the maps that can be voted on at end of round and manually I believe. I'd like to keep these out of the random rotation if I can avoid it.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Sciz said:

I <3 TTG even more.

Twig

Banned
i get the feelin' no one watches these anymore

too bad you still have to suffer with my posts until I get bored muahah

Silly yasae - boo!
GAF TF2 Convos - Buffin' dudes - i like buffin' dudes and i like buff dudes
New kill (23) and point (31) record - i got lucky so many times
Twig vs Orton - i don't know if he was a gaffer or not but man did he take a beating like one
Twig vs fallout - FALLOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT
Learning Spy, Part 1 - i felt like learning spy, so i'm doing so
Learning Spy, Part 2 - feels good man
The price is wrong - n0b and yasae go at it, soundboard style

as always, they won't all be processed right away

Sciz

Ok, I think I have a good, balanced average volume this time around. There's a very fine line between too soft and too loud and it's hard to find when you don't have live conditions to test in. D:

Twig said:
i get the feelin' no one watches these anymore
I haven't for a few days now, but that's because I've had tests to study for and an essay to write.

Yasae

Banned
I had to re-download and reinstall the game. It kept crashing my interface for no good reason, over and over and over. The sound would crash immediately after the valve logo vid. That's why I wasn't around today.

I use a Focusrite Saffire. It has hardware DSP for both inputs, and I tend to keep the compressor on for channel 2 (input 1 is usually reserved for my crummy CT-700) to keep things a bit more consistent. Mic is one of a pair of Karma K-10s, one of many cheap small diaphragm Chinese condensers, but with a quality a touch better than you'd expect.

I had to change sample rates from 44.1 to 48 then back, as the game would hard crash the interface. I could hear myself on the mic since that's monitored direct and involved no conversion, but I couldn't play any files until I switched rates. I might also check into a firmware restoration or update.. Sometimes that helps...

I hope these work.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So can someone explain how to get SEADS to work?

It says KP_Enter to start, so I assigned KP_minus to stop... but is that just hitting enter to record? (Doesn't work)

I know this is a really stupid question :lol

Sciz said:

Yeah, after playing some more Sam & Max last night, I gave in. If this was a lesser game series, I'd stay mad.

Still, I don't want TF2 Hats to become the corporate hook tactic for every major Steam announcement. I mean, next thing you know we'll see RailWorks hats-
200px-Engineertrainwelcomeaboard.png

Oh god, it's too late!

commissar

To be honest, max's gun is not that good. I think it looks horrible.

Fortunately the others look sweet, though if there had been more time, it would have been nice for the reload animations to be fixed.
And the new weapon icons and taunts to be fixed.

Then again, considering how long it took for the scout legs, I won't be holding my breath ;)

Won

Gooood, this game is weird after a several month long break.......why do my stabs not work from a mile away and why do I have to be on his back???? Too much Bad Company 2 in my hands!! :/

Twig

Banned
Furnace Creek is good, yeah.
Kuro Madoushi said:
NO U!

Still can't see that video, Twig
That's why I said give it some time to process. It's a big video, YouTube isn't an instant thing you know!

Boonoo

200px-Soldierwithhat.PNG

Yeah! I really lucked out with my crafting this time. I was thinking about going for a class specific, but those three refined were burning a hole in my pocket.

Yasae

Banned
Won said:
Gooood, this game is weird after a several month long break.......why do my stabs not work from a mile away and why do I have to be on his back???? Too much Bad Company 2 in my hands!! :/
:lol

"Damn! I have to be skilled as a spy now!?!?!? Fuck this!!! I mean, I know stabbing people in the back while they can't see me is tough and all.."

EDIT: Alright, it was the firmware update that seemed to fix my Saffire's crashing. I guess the converter switching or DSP or something gets a little buggy after awhile and you have to patch over. Now that I recall, I had to the same thing with Modern Warfare...

Anyway, it's fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom