• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opiate

I joined my first GAF game last night (Little Ball of Hate). Are there often games on non-Sunday occassions? The server emptied to 0 pretty quickly. Can I expect to come on tonight and play?

Sciz

Opiate said:
I joined my first GAF game last night (Little Ball of Hate). Are there often games on non-Sunday occassions? The server emptied to 0 pretty quickly. Can I expect to come on tonight and play?
Nine times out of ten you'll find some assortment of regulars on the server in the evening.

Capndrake

Yes, if a Soldier/Demo is jarateed and blows himself up (After you damage him) you'll assist yourself.

cp_roswell0006.jpg

Yasae

Banned
Javaman said:
69.168.43.169:27005 0 "[GAF]Javaman" "Polkadot Cadaver" "Asshole racist"
128.61.77.60:27005 0 "[GAF]Javaman" "Mohandas Guevara" "Asshole racist"
75.91.38.190:27005 0 "[GAF]Javaman" "CurbStomp" "Asshole racist"
STEAM_0:0:23576322 0 "@all" "[GAF]Sciz" "Banned (By Admin)"
STEAM_0:1:14464973 0 "@red" "[GAF]Sciz" "Banned (By Admin)"

173.170.229.180 0 "[Go]ethe" "[GAF]notsol337" "Banned (By Admin)"
STEAM_0:0:19585012 1271659227 "Misty Water Pokemon
kdyg
What the bloody 'ell?

Blizzard

Banned
The server tonight was full of sadness, with Java ragequitting, me crying after we didn't get to play a second round of convoy (is it always set up to only play one 4-point round?), unbalanced teams with 2-3x the score at one point, and so forth.

I did manage to decapitate some medics a few times though. Poor Java...his teammates just let me run past and keep chopping him. :(

Finally everyone left and I stayed on hoping to win one through scheming machinations. Sciz and n0b played some soothing music. We hung around and relaxed a bit. I might have more screenshots another time, but these will have to do for now.

154edqh.jpg

dfg5xt.jpg

*self-serving edit* Oh, and it's my birthday. It's going to suck going to work in the morning. :p

Javaman

Blizzard said:
I did manage to decapitate some medics a few times though. Poor Java...his teammates just let me run past and keep chopping him. :(

*self-serving edit* Oh, and it's my birthday. It's going to suck going to work in the morning. :p

Yeah, I think you got me at least 4 or 5 times during hoodoo. You must have had some type of invisibility hack going on with the way my teammates kept ignoring you. :eek:P

Happy Birthday Bliz!

Inkwell

Banned
Hazaro said:
Heh, love that pic, but dear god what is wrong with my ankle...

Blizzard said:
The server tonight was full of sadness, with Java ragequitting, me crying after we didn't get to play a second round of convoy (is it always set up to only play one 4-point round?), unbalanced teams with 2-3x the score at one point, and so forth.
See what happens when I don't play? Thing can be marginally worse than when I do. If I were Java I would have set my whole team on fire.

Blizzard said:
Happy birthday!

Javaman

Volcynika said:
Java ragequit?

And screw all you for voting me to be a medic! (Cept for Twig)

Yeah, after dying a whole bunch of times in a row "" close to getting a kill I just wasn't feeling it for the night.

Tubobutts

http://www.teamfortress.com/

Previously, we rolled randomly at intervals to see if you got an item drop. Now we roll to determine when your next item drop will occur. So you're guaranteed to find items at fairly regular intervals. The bulk of drop complaints we've received in the past have been from players having unlucky streaks, where they didn't find any items for weeks. That won't be possible now.

We've significantly increased the rate at which item drops occur, compared to the previous average interval.

There's now a maximum amount of playtime per week in which you get item drops. Playing beyond that amount won't find any more items. The amount varies, but if you play an hour or so a day you're good. Some of your unused time will rollover to the following week, so if you're an intermittent player you'll also be fine.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Good to hear. A seemingly 6-8 hour cap seems a bit low. I wouldn't mind people who played more getting more hats. Implementing trading would be kickass too.

Proven

Blizzard got the best birthday present, a TF2 update. In celebration I'll consider staying home tonight and playing instead of just washing clothes.

notsol337

marked forever
fallout said:
Sorry for bailing tonight. I need more than about 10 people on the server to drown out my general shittyness.

This is the reason I couldn't enjoy it tonight. I kept running into 2-3 people at a time without any backup and that's just not fun.

Proven

That's usually why I avoid small servers as well. The only reason I had any courage to join in the first place was because Sciz was on. And then everybody signed on.

Twas a fun time though. And Blizzard did some amazing stuff. One should note that whatever team he was on never lost until after midnight. There was even a round on Pipeline where my team got beat pretty bad for the first two maps, Blizzard was team switched, and then we won the third map.

Pretty fun night. I think I'll be back this weekend.

Blizzard

Banned
Proven said:
That's usually why I avoid small servers as well. The only reason I had any courage to join in the first place was because Sciz was on. And then everybody signed on.

Twas a fun time though. And Blizzard did some amazing stuff. One should note that whatever team he was on never lost until after midnight. There was even a round on Pipeline where my team got beat pretty bad for the first two maps, Blizzard was team switched, and then we won the third map.

Pretty fun night. I think I'll be back this weekend.
Proven was a good medic and I did lots of lousy stuff! Don't act like I'm good. :mad: I did switch to red on the pipeline map on purpose though since the teams looked unbalanced.

I just made a point of joining stacked teams with people like Sciz and Java, or complaining until Java switched teams.

Thanks for being nice to me everyone.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
I want to play so bad, but it's deadweek here on campus and next week is finals. Only two more weeks but I'm playing the heck out of TF2 once school ends.
Oh, and happy late birthday Blizzard.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe like the calm before the storm???

Sorry I couldn't join, guys. Was scrimming and then when I was done and looked on, there were only 8 people or so on :(

Tomorrow's the same, but I'll pop on afterwards! :D Also been having trouble connecting lately...not sure why. I'd be able to join, run around, then I'd get an error and everythign would freeze

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Orellio said:
Hm, I guess. I was never much for studying so it seems silly to give something like that a name.
It's the week before finals where everybody on campus is expected to be quiet during certain dorm hours. Terrible. Totally kills the vibe over here.

Oreoleo

Jangaroo said:
It's the week before finals where everybody on campus is expected to be quiet during certain dorm hours. Terrible. Totally kills the vibe over here.

Oh okay, so it's more school mandated and not something that just happens because everyone is busy studying for a week straight, gotcha.

Proven

Nah, it's not just his college. They're called Quiet Hours or Reading Days, but a lot of colleges have them. Or maybe just a lot in New York. At my school we run a tight ship though, so we only get one break day and two Reading Days before finals start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom