• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkwell

Banned
OK, I have some random screenshots I thought I would share.

First we have Tits Matador in an awesome pose after destroying me. Next, we see him exhausted after a long night of TF2:

I thought these were just some cool looking deaths:

Here's another great pose. This time by ArtistDude:

JoeFu Looks happy to have his sandvich:

Poor borsdy:

MNC

Sam & Max items?

Team Fortress 2
  • Added Sam & Max items
  • Fixed the Demoman's Fro not cloaking properly when being used by a disguised Spy
  • Reduced the damage bonus the Equalizer receives as the player loses health
  • The speed boost was not changed
  • Community Request
  • Added a flag to info_particle_system to mark particle systems as "weather" effects

derFeef

MNC said:
Sam & Max items?

Team Fortress 2
  • Added Sam & Max items
  • Fixed the Demoman's Fro not cloaking properly when being used by a disguised Spy
  • Reduced the damage bonus the Equalizer receives as the player loses health
  • The speed boost was not changed
  • Community Request
  • Added a flag to info_particle_system to mark particle systems as "weather" effects

lulz
the weapons seem interesting.

Boonoo

hat2.jpg
gun2.jpg

gun3.jpg

hat1.jpg
gun1.jpg

Ha, I'll be in deep shit if Valve ever puts out accessories as microtransactions.

Twig

Banned
snack said:
Bill's Hat Redux.
At least Bill's Hat was only obtainable from one source (Steam). I preordered Sam and Max weeks ago from Telltale's website. Now I'm screwed. ): (No way I'm buying it again.)

commissar

Twig said:
At least Bill's Hat was only obtainable from one source (Steam). I preordered Sam and Max weeks ago from Telltale's website. Now I'm screwed. ): (No way I'm buying it again.)
I imagine in several years time, when the servers are dying, and TF3 is being remade internally for the 50th time, Valve will make all hats and items craftable.

On the upside, I already have Season 1 & 2 on Steam, so this just pushes forward my purchase of S3 :>

Blizzard

Banned
Microtransactions for items that give you an ingame edge...it'll be like Gunbound. Everyone will love it. :lol
;____;

I'm hoping the gun(s) don't have bonuses though, since I haven't read the article yet.

Also boo hoo equalizer damage nerf, but at least they kept the speed the same. I love the speed.

Blizzard said:
I'm hoping the gun(s) don't have bonuses though, since I haven't read the article yet.
2vkl06d.jpg

Purely cosmetic items.

Hopes this mean if Portal 2 gets a pre-order bonus, they add some weapons for TF2.

:D I would love if they added a Turret that would replace the Sentry.

gillty

Banned
Twig said:
Don't you get a physical collectors dvd from the Telltale store? seems like a fair tradeoff

edit:
TTG Yare said:
We (mostly Jake and I) had a last-minute opportunity to do a cool thing with Valve and we jumped on it. Literally no earlier notice could have been given.

Twig

Banned
I have no intention of doing that, because I'd rather support Telltale directly than through Steam.

I'm not... sure what you're trying to do here. I've read through that thread already. I even posted in it (as TheOneGuy).

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tempted to get this, and I've heard nothing but praise from the S&M series...still...would've preferred they had this available before when the game was cheaper...oh well.

Twig

Banned
Sooo, there's a possibility us Telltale orderers will get the items after all. :3

I stress possibility. There's no guarantee. But they're gonna try apparently!

Javaman

It really only takes a couple of people to kick start a server. Once a decent map pops up people will start flooding in, especially during summer break or the weekend.

MNC said:
Team Fortress 2
  • Added Sam & Max items

I'm not digging this trend. I like Sam & Max, but I'm way behind on playing the seasons. Yet now I don't get the extra little benefits for TF2 if I don't buy the game right off the bat for $35. This being a one week only promotion stinks, too.

This is really the wrong thing to do with the hats. It may be "clever" from a business standpoint, but it's not fun if they keep dangling the WoW carrot in front of your face.

Sciz

Twig said:
Sooo, there's a possibility us Telltale orderers will get the items after all. :3

I stress possibility. There's no guarantee. But they're gonna try apparently!
And now it seems to be all but confirmed!

<3 Telltale & Valve both

also
Nikasaur said:
There were some modeling/sizing problems implementing Sam's hat so the idea got scrapped.

Kulock said:
I'm not digging this trend. I like Sam & Max, but I'm way behind on playing the seasons.
There are were only two. The last one has been finished for two years now. How do you get behind on something like that?

Sciz said:
There are were only two. The last one has been finished for two years now. How do you get behind on something like that?

Because I didn't buy them when they first came out, despite wanting to, and I don't always have the time to play every video game I want, especially when TF2 does suck up a lot of my time? I'm not saying they released the third season too soon, I'm just saying I personally wasn't ready to drop cash on the third season the second it came out. I'm disappointed the promotion is only a week long, it feels like the "Preorder at Gamestop or you don't get it" crap that's already an annoyance.

Sciz

So I stumbled across one of the OCRemix server admins over on the Telltale forums, and he's open to the idea of that GAF-OCR exhibition match I've wanted to incite for a while for no reason.

They've got an extra passworded server sitting around, so I'm gauging interest at the moment.

Oreoleo

notsol337 said:
GAF WILL DESTROY THE OCR... no we're boned. :lol

Against any real "clan", probably. But we've got enough talent around here that with the right people on the right class we'd be able to hold our own at least.

Boonoo

Sciz said:
So I stumbled across one of the OCRemix server admins over on the Telltale forums, and he's open to the idea of that GAF-OCR exhibition match I've wanted to incite for a while for no reason.

They've got an extra passworded server sitting around, so I'm gauging interest at the moment.

What sort of match?
6v6
9v9
12v12?

Sciz

Whatever we can scrape people together for. This isn't even remotely formal yet. I'm pretty sure we outnumber them though.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Sciz said:
Whatever we can scrape people together for. This isn't even remotely formal yet. I'm pretty sure we outnumber them though.
I'd be down, but knowing me and my erratic playing time, I might not be the most reliable Gaffer. Which makes me sad.

I'd be down to join you guys if i didn't have family coming down :(. Maybe you guys can bug Teknopathetic and see if you can get him to join. He's a pretty damn good demo. And since it's for GAF, i'm sure he would probably be down.

Blizzard

Banned
Of course I'd be up for it if I was around. By the way, we should still try highlander mode some time for practice.

Also Java, if you ever want to try another crazy custom map, I have a suggestion. I played on a server last night with a really crazy map that is apparently very old. It has two giant rocket-powered trucks racing through a desert, connected by a couple of bridges. It's a CTF map but it was mostly craziness. The interesting part was that despite the moving vehicles aiming wasn't too laggy, maybe just a little...though projectiles would get caught by the wind if you fired them between vehicles. I know stuff like balloon race makes everything horribly jumpy and weird, so maybe this map worked smoothly because it cheated and moved everything past the trucks, instead of moving the trucks past a fixed landscape...

Blizzard

Banned
That's it! I might have played an older version of it. And wow, the filesize doesn't even look big. I definitely recommend trying it -- even the user rating is good. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom