• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commissar

Here you go Inkwell
pl_hoodoo_final0000.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, you're not the only one. You guys are really too suspicious for me to attack head on. Going to be more patient next time. WATCH YOUR BACK JOE FU!

Helmholtz

Played on the GAF server for my first time today, was fun.
I usually play on 32 player servers, but 24 seems a lot less chaotic and better overall.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Helmholtz said:
I usually play on 32 player servers, but 24 seems a lot less chaotic and better overall.

Takes some getting used to...I'm also used to 32 players myself. But dammit if you bastards aren't going crazy with the spah checks now! >:/

JoeFu

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Damn, you're not the only one. You guys are really too suspicious for me to attack head on. Going to be more patient next time. WATCH YOUR BACK JOE FU!
Like I said I'm not suspicious of anything. I'm super paranoid!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
JoeFu said:
Like I said I'm not suspicious of anything. I'm super paranoid!

Bah! Both you and Jangaroo now! Why are you Asians so suspicious/paranoid!? (I'm Asian too, so none of this 'whaddya mean YOU Asians!' :D )

Twig

Banned
Not much happened tonight (while I was around), but here you go.

lol alltalk - I kind of wish they'd fix this, but then again it's not like alltalk is a thing people do when they care
Sup Sciz - literally less than one hour before doing this I was saying to myself, "shit, I'm never gonna get this cheesemint"... and lo!
Uber telegrag ]= - welp
Uh oh it's Kuro - OMG CRITS

edit: everything's processed, but sciz's demise will be better quality with time

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Twig said:
Not much happened tonight (while I was around), but here you go.

lol alltalk - I kind of wish they'd fix this, but then again it's not like alltalk is a thing people do when they care
Sup Sciz - literally less than one hour before doing this I was saying to myself, "shit, I'm never gonna get this cheesemint"... and lo!
Uber telegrag ]= - welp
Uh oh it's Kuro - OMG CRITS

edit: everything's processed, but sciz's demise will be better quality with time
Hey look, I'm that crazy sniper moving back and forth in that first video. And just to rub it in the other team's faces, Twig and I make an absolutely unstoppable team.

pl_cashworks_rc20005.png

Please don't backstab me if we're on opposite sides.

Sciz

KSCIZ radio is going to have to spend more time prepping music for broadcast, it went through a ton of the existing material tonight. D:

Hope you liked it, those who were around.

Helmholtz said:
Every official map and most customs are balanced around 24-man servers. It would take an exceptionally large map with several points of interest to flow well with 32 players.

Twig said:
In my defense I'd just come off of ten hours of watching my nieces, and hadn't really started thinking properly.

Oreoleo

Jangaroo said:
Hey look, I'm that crazy sniper moving back and forth in that first video. And just to rub it in the other team's faces, Twig and I make an absolutely unstoppable team.

Yeah cause Blue team isn't beating you 3-0 or anything :p

Blizzard

Banned
I thought Sciz actually had a really nice (varied) song selection tonight. But yes, he played for like 3 hours straight so he might burn out too quickly. :p Repeats aren't that bad though!

After Pac-man, the server picked back up, and I think we stayed anywhere from 10-20 people until 5 a.m. EST when I left (and there were still maybe 6-10 there then). I think I banned one guy for racist comments, and kicked a couple of others for using the f-word slur (no ban so they came back). One of them explained to me that even gay people used the word, but I explained those were the rules...I suppose I should warn first if they didn't read the motd. I also muted a couple of people for super loud noises or voicechat fights. Hopefully I didn't admin abuse too much all in all.

For those who like admin abuse, I SO SORRY TO DISAPPOINT. If it makes it better, I did beacon the like...8 people there when I left. :lol

Inkwell

Banned
Tisan said:
Here you go Inkwell
pl_hoodoo_final0000.jpg
I swear I wasn't aiming there... *shifty eyes*

By the way, For whatever reason I can't connect to the server sometimes. I'm not sure if it's something on my end, but I can't make the initial connection. Usually it works itself out. I tried to rejoin last night, and when it happened I just gave up. Had to get up a little early this morning anyway.

commissar

Blizzard said:
For those who like admin abuse, I SO SORRY TO DISAPPOINT. If it makes it better, I did beacon the like...8 people there when I left. :lol
I am now worried about the nature of this forthcoming present :s

Inkwell said:
I swear I wasn't aiming there... *shifty eyes*
It's okay Inkwell, we all know you were aiming for the head.
and just missed it :p

I've had a problem for a while now. Every time I try and play TF2 it causes my router to crash. Internet doesn't work on any device attached to it. I have to reset the router in order for it to work again. I've Googled the issue and people say to open certain ports. I have put my PC's IP Address in the Router DMZ though.

Router: Netgear WGR614V6.
Laptop trying to play: Gateway P7811-FX

I've noticed the internet crashing also occurs with CS:S so I figure it's a Steam related problem. I can play WoW with no problems. Anyone have any solutions?

Oreoleo

Putting your PC in DMZ mode is a really bad idea. What that does is auto-forward ALL of your ports so you're opening yourself up to a lot of virus attacks and whatnot.

Javaman

dygiT said:
I'm getting the same "You have been autokicked." message that I was getting a week ago. :/

y u do dis?

I'm not sure why you are having difficulties. Like I said, you're not banned from the server or anything. Hit me up around 9pm est tomorrow and we can see what's up.

Here's the banned IPs....

addip 0 69.168.43.169
addip 0 128.61.77.60
addip 0 75.91.38.190
addip 0 173.170.229.180
spek
CurbStomp

69.168.43.169:27005 0 "[GAF]Javaman" "Polkadot Cadaver" "Asshole racist"
128.61.77.60:27005 0 "[GAF]Javaman" "Mohandas Guevara" "Asshole racist"
75.91.38.190:27005 0 "[GAF]Javaman" "CurbStomp" "Asshole racist"
STEAM_0:0:23576322 0 "@all" "[GAF]Sciz" "Banned (By Admin)"
STEAM_0:1:14464973 0 "@red" "[GAF]Sciz" "Banned (By Admin)"
173.170.229.180 0 "[Go]ethe" "[GAF]notsol337" "Banned (By Admin)"
STEAM_0:0:19585012 1271659227 "Misty Water Pokemon
kdyg

You're not one of them are you? That last one does look awful close.

Edit: Actually I found you in my friends list as kdyg. I'm not sure who banned you or why but it's removed now. Sorry about the confusion.

Sciz

Kuro Madoushi said:
YOU AND SCIZ ARE ON THE LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST!!!!!!! :mad:
Here's a touchin' story.

Once upon a time you died, and I lived happily ever after.

The end.

chop chop

Blizzard

Banned
Javaman said:
I'm not sure why you are having difficulties. Like I said, you're not banned from the server or anything. Hit me up around 9pm est tomorrow and we can see what's up.

addip 0 69.168.43.169
addip 0 128.61.77.60
addip 0 75.91.38.190
addip 0 173.170.229.180
spek
CurbStomp

kdyg

Edit: Actually I found you in my friends list as kdyg. I'm not sure who banned you or why but it's removed now. Sorry about the confusion.
I banned Misty, and I'm trying to remember why. One person I kicked for using the f-word gay slur, and they came back. I think Misty I banned, not kicked, and they had made some comment of "Sure, [something], as long as they're not Jewish or black". When I asked why, they said something about Jews not being able to float, and blacks doing something or other, and I just assumed they were some random person trying to be a jerk. I guess I could have gone with a kick instead...sorry if I overstepped my bounds. =(

I also don't know how to put a comment with a kick since I've just been going through the menu system.

Kade

Javaman said:

addip 0 69.168.43.169
addip 0 128.61.77.60
addip 0 75.91.38.190
addip 0 173.170.229.180
spek
CurbStomp

kdyg

No worries.

notsol337

marked forever
Yes, I did indeed ban a dude for saying gaf stands for creating an inappropriate acronym.

By IP even. I'd ban by IP range but I don't think Java would like that.

Launch

Banned
After playing for about 6 hours total now I think, I feel like I've finally managed to make some progress playing Demo, never before have I enjoyed a game I suck so much at :D

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
ctf_2fort_night0012.png

So I was playing a little bit of TF2 before my COM class and I noticed something with one of my kills. Did I just get a kill and a kill assist on the same target? I guess this was a glitch or something because this has never happened to me before.

Javaman

notsol337 said:
Yes, I did indeed ban a dude for saying gay stands for creating an inappropriate acronym.

By IP even. I'd ban by IP range but I don't think Java would like that.

Yeah, I'd prefer by steam id since it's much harder to bypass. Unfortunately that's not possible once someone leaves the server. For bans for people who crap and run I have to look at the log file which only lists their ip address. Pretty much gay slurs or racist remarks get someone kicked (Unless it's blatently mean then it's an immediate ban). If they come back and start stuff again it's a ban . I've yet to see any GAFfers do anything to deserve a kick or ban. It's always been random players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom