• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Launch

Banned
OT question, US Colleges = UK University? Always confuses me!

Anyways what kind of time does the gaf server get busy? I dont think I've ever seen one person in it when I've been on :(

Twig

Banned
Launch said:
Technically, not really, but colloquially, pretty much.

I study in the "College of Engineering " at the "University of Cincinnati." (Uh oh now people can stalk me.)

Nobody in America (aside from weird people) say "I am in University." We say "I am in college."

Proven

Launch said:

Anyways what kind of time does the gaf server get busy? I dont think I've ever seen one person in it when I've been on :(

Late... like last night it didn't really fill until after 11pm EST.

Launch

Banned
Oh that'd be like 4am for me I think :( maybe if I have an early morning I might catch people some time!

and thanks Twig, I think it'll always confuse me though tbh!!

Blizzard

Banned
My one highpoint of the night (should have screenshotted): 2v2 before people joined tonight.

Sciz and crusading monkey were playing against cheeto and me, just 2 scouts against us (scout and spy). We were doing melee and sandman only and goofing off. At one point monkey went afk for a second and the two scouts tried 2-3 times to tauntkill him but somehow missed.

So I finally went spy disguised as soldier with shovel, then stood in part of the map without moving until they noticed me. Both Sciz AND monkey managed to run up behind me, taunt at the same time, and both get backstabbed as I ran behind while they taunted. :lol

Oreoleo

Launch said:
and thanks Twig, I think it'll always confuse me though tbh!!

It's pretty easy really. American Universities are made up of different departments of education (Engineering, communication, arts, sciences etc) that are typically all in different buildings on campus. We don't really shorten university to "uni" like you do in Europe so we just say "college" instead because you could make a sandwich in the time it takes to say "university".

Oreoleo

Javaman said:
I need to get me sum of dat book learnin's

lulz you and me both brutha. can't be doin this pizza delivery forever.

PS I know no one really cares (cept maybe java) but I'm ALMOST totally caught up Lost (finally!). Watched "Everybody Loves Hugo" this morning; only two more to go to be fully caught up :)

Twig

Banned
There's only been one since the Hugo episode. O: I just watched it earlier today.

(I could be wrong, I guess. I have a notoriously awful memory!)

Oreoleo

Twig said:
There's only been one since the Hugo episode. O: I just watched it earlier today.

(I could be wrong, I guess. I have a notoriously awful memory!)

OH shit! You are right! I'll probably bust it out sometime later tonight. That's crazy. Season 5 was kind of a downer, it took me like 2 weeks to get through, but I blasted through what is available of season 6 in like half a week. sogood.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm...well at the University of Toronto, where I unfortunately graduated from, the whole campus was a 'university' and there was a building that usually focused on a special area that we called a 'college'. I was from Innis College, which focused on film studies. I didn't HAVE to take film studies to go there, it was just a place we associated with.

Aaaaaaaaaaanyways, back to the game. Sciz's spah checking skills seemed to dip a little today! :D

I could've had you twice more Sciz, but that damn sniper had the razorback and another time you turned around at the last second... :(

Pretty good game all around.

So Sciz's name is off the list...

Notsol
Artistdude

>:D

Yasae

Banned
Orellio said:
It's pretty easy really. American Universities are made up of different departments of education (Engineering, communication, arts, sciences etc) that are typically all in different buildings on campus. We don't really shorten university to "uni" like you do in Europe so we just say "college" instead because you could make a sandwich in the time it takes to say "university".
Ah, American education.

Sciz

Kuro Madoushi said:
Aaaaaaaaaaanyways, back to the game. Sciz's spah checking skills seemed to dip a little today! :D
Looking for srs spy all the time is tiresome. :(

You ate sentry a few times, so I'm satisfied.

Proven

Orellio said:
lulz you and me both brutha. can't be doin this pizza delivery forever.

PS I know no one really cares (cept maybe java) but I'm ALMOST totally caught up Lost (finally!). Watched "Everybody Loves Hugo" this morning; only two more to go to be fully caught up :)

Ha ha, I would have signed on earlier last night but I had to watch Lost. And then right away the friend I usually talk Lost stuff with was busy for something and when she was finally free I was busy on the GAF server. c'est la vie...

commissar

I would have jumped on the server too, but I was finishing an assignment, and then power went out for an hour in the goddamn capital fucking city :rage:
At least everything was backed up :>

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sciz said:
Looking for srs spy all the time is tiresome. :(

You ate sentry a few times, so I'm satisfied.

srs spah?! I just waited for a chance to target you a little more than usual since I need a lot more practice.

We did have a full server though. :D

Yasae

Banned
I'd spy check more if it actually concerned me, or made my score lower.

I'll revise my statements. About 25% of the time, bumping into a spy makes his cloak shimmer. Shooting a disguised spy does not make his disguise deactivate - this only happens when he's dead. The only way you know he's disguised is behavior and the fact that your bullets don't pass through him, which is fair enough.

I play on SourceOP's 2fort server a lot, and thus bump into plenty of spies in the sewer. It's not often that you run right into them and see any type of shimmer. In fact, it just ends up looking like lag, which isn't a good thing on that server since it's also prone to spikes. It balances out because they have a hard time getting by a heavy, nor can they cheese a side swipe stab. Thus they die much more often.

Twig

Banned
Okay here you go. Last night was the first night I wasn't bored to tears within an hour in a while. I guess I'm not as burnt out as I was afraid I might be.

AND SO

Direct Hit air reflect WHAAAT - I will never be able to do this again.
Nyah ny--DAMN - I mean I probably could have just run away to survive humiliation. But that's boring.
Air shot like a mother - Skeet shooting is the best?!
NO SCOPE - Somebody stop me I'm getting cocky. D:
Kuro sez what - He looks so adorable when he's all confuse!
Spaceb0y dies and I lament - Oh, behave.
DEMOMEN GET OUT - You have been warned.
Looks like it's all up to me - As usual, the sniper has to do all the dirty work.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Twig said:
Not much happened tonight (while I was around), but here you go.

lol alltalk - I kind of wish they'd fix this, but then again it's not like alltalk is a thing people do when they care
Sup Sciz - literally less than one hour before doing this I was saying to myself, "shit, I'm never gonna get this cheesemint"... and lo!
Uber telegrag ]= - welp
Uh oh it's Kuro - OMG CRITS

edit: everything's processed, but sciz's demise will be better quality with time

Awesome, I just noticed you had a clip of this. I should have just destroyed the tele, but I wanted to burn flesh!

It's great listening to the voice chat, since I have it muted almost every match. One of these days I'll turn it on and 'become a complete player'. :lol

Yasae

Banned
EvilMario said:
Awesome, I just noticed you had a clip of this. I should have just destroyed the tele, but I wanted to burn flesh!

It's great listening to the voice chat, since I have it muted almost every match. One of these days I'll turn it on and 'become a complete player'. :lol
Haters gonna hate?

Sciz

2fort stops being fun when the jerkass defensive engineer doesn't let the jerkass offensive engineer into his base. :(

Twig

Banned
hey guys

Sciz got me but only after I got Sciz - gotta love low-grav pacman
Comin' after you Oreo - moooore low-grav fun
Fun with low gravity 'n' shiz - AND MORE
THANKS A LOT NOTSO - totally ruined my moment of glory ):
Stuck in da caaart - ubers are useful when you CAN'T MOOOOVE
Oh yeah slap me again ohh - feels good
Pro (Luck) - i spy a spy who is totally the best (?!)
Poor Tyler, his back was just so inviting - damn right i'm gonna stop to stab you
Naughty Sciz )= - stop that!!

quality is shit 'til it's processed

Blizzard

Banned
Twig said:
SPY IS FUCKING INVIGORATING WHEN I MANAGE TO PULL IT OFF WAUGHHHHHHH
Yeah, I said you were doing a good job, and finally switched off of heavy to go hunt you down as a pyro. I think I killed you but then we were failing so I went back heavy to barely win it. :(

notsol337

marked forever
Kuro Madoushi said:
Bah! You're always a scout or lulz sniper. I never get a chance to backstab you. :(

Spies are why I don't play engineer at all. It's one of my favorite classes but spies ruin it for me. You sit for like 15 minutes camped on a sentry nest in 2fort and all the sudden a spy comes out of nowhere and ends it. ENDS. IT.

Hate. HATE. Half the reason I like scout is that spies rarely bother with me.

Blizzard

Banned
I started out going 0-6 and worse on F7. I switched to the NeoGAF server and got killed by n0b like 6 times in a row! It was tragic!

But eventually he switched to a different class than heavy, and he finally played my Don't Worry be Happy song. I and my medics were inspired! It's super effective!

2jba59s.jpg

Firestorm

US doesn't differentiate between colleges and universities. In Canada we do it right!

PS: My projects are over. All I got left is one take home exam to finish and then I'm off for four months :D Full-time work until September!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Firestorm said:
US doesn't differentiate between colleges and universities. In Canada we do it right!

PS: My projects are over. All I got left is one take home exam to finish and then I'm off for four months :D Full-time work until September!

Then jooooooooooooin us!

Dammit Java! When did you guys get going last night? You said a few minutes and then when I checked, nobody was on... :'( I needed to rage Twiggy!

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Somebody named iKevin called me out for bodyshotting him a number of times.

cp_dustbowl0007.png

I don't know if he's a gaffer, but he quit the match not too long after. Take that. Just had to rub it in.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I notice storyteller and spotless playing. Java always annoys me on steam to come and join ( :lol ) but i figured the ping would be too high. Might give it a shot one day.

evlcookie said:
I notice storyteller and spotless playing. Java always annoys me on steam to come and join ( :lol ) but i figured the ping would be too high. Might give it a shot one day.

It is sometimes, but I think i'm so used to it I barely notice it anymore. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom