• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
Firestorm said:
US doesn't differentiate between colleges and universities. In Canada we do it right!
Yes we do! I explained it above!

Cease this tomfoolery at once!
Kuro Madoushi said:
I needed to rage Twiggy!
lol

How many times do I have to tell you? You have never and will never make me actually rage. To put it bluntly, you're incapable of doing so. Sorry to disappoint!

Twig

Banned
Haha we played pretty late last night. It's not USUALLY that late!! I swear!

Also video time. :3 (These are from two nights ago. Last night's will be coming soon enough. For the two of you who care!)

i'm not gonna lie most of these vids are turning into self-fellatio

but i don't care!!

Blizzard died - and then I cackled maniacally
GAF TF2 Convos - GAH - Tyler is as insightful as always
Pyro airblast wars on steel - usually I'm a participant, but this time I was an observer (and an innocent bystander who suffered)
How to be virtually useless - if you've ever wanted to suck, this is the video you want to watch
Win spy - if you've ever wanted to not suck, well, you might want to look elsewhere, but this is still pretty all right
lol guys i'm right here (also FACESTAB) - hi! oh. hi!
And I quote: "Twig is being a good spy tonight" :3 - why thanks blizzard
I'm slowly getting better I think! - stupid razorbacks wasting my time
BUT HOW HE KNOW - nothing sucks more than a lucky pipe bomb to the cloaked face (though i probably should have run away instead of sticking around)

Twig

Banned
And here's last night's videos. O:

Protip: don't attack a sandvich eater - I GOT YO BACK HEAVIES (OR MORE SPECIFICALLY I GOT THEIR BACKS)
Why I hear no boom?! ]= - EvilMario whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I may have failed but at least I got n0b - and thus my life is complete and I can die happily
GAF TF2 Convos - Monotone g-pits - listen to conversations no one cares about (seriously no one cares)
Almost got me sciz AHH FU - I just got told
Patience is a virtue :3 - hey there heavy
Music is scary ]= - turn it off you're making me tremble in fear and despair!
Look behind you Sciz teehee - distracted by your music thank god

(omg video overload)

Javaman

Twig said:
And here's last night's videos. O:

(omg video overload)

You're missing the one when we were attacking steel cp1 and bliz got caught eating two sandviches in a row. IIRC you backstabbed the two reds that thought they had an easy kill with him.

Inkwell

Banned
What time did you guys play at last night? I could have swore I checked a few times between 11 and 12 (possibly a little later) and no one was on the server.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
question, would resetting my stats result in me losing all my items? I would like to reset my stats but i love my spy hat and refuse to lose it

Sciz

The only thing you'll lose if you reset your stats (besides your stats) is any incomplete progress you've made on achievements, such as Pyromancer. Equipment isn't tied to them at all.

Javaman

Inkwell said:
What time did you guys play at last night? I could have swore I checked a few times between 11 and 12 (possibly a little later) and no one was on the server.

It filled up pretty quickly too. Thanks for joining everyone! Let's do it again at 10pm est tonight.

Proven

Blizzard said:
No one commented on my shot with 5 dominations!

It's ok, Zero is better. I tried to play tonight but he and shadowlink were 2pro. :'(

http://img293.yfrog.com/img293/2185/plhoodoofinal0003.jpg

I have to take my hats off to them. They even managed to dominate me as an Engy running all around in the back (damn Kritz taking out entire team of meatshields before I could get to cover). I honestly can't remember when was the last time I got dominated so thoroughly. I think Sciz did it.

Blizzard

Banned
Sciz said:
There is no good reason why he should've survived six melee hits. ):<
Neither of you got crits, sandviches heal 1/4 health chunks periodically, and the medic was healing me. :p I thought I hit 1 but either I was out of ammo or else I didn't hit it and thus ended up with an unwanted snack.

Thanks Twig.

Bacon tried to learn to play, but the engineer just kept having to fix the machines after him. :(
rmjs5t.jpg

Inkwell turned out to, in fact, actually have the sandman. A second before this screenshot I was standing in front of that white wall in the distance.
2cygocl.jpg

Hazaro said:
I think 3 of them were scouts so they don't count.
Oh, sorry. I fail (more) then. :(

*edit again* Wait, you were dominated at the top of that team. What class were you? :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Blizzard said:
Oh, sorry. I fail (more) then. :(

*edit again* Wait, you were dominated at the top of that team. What class were you? :lol
Me and Zero were both scouts. I was using the FAN for the first time in a while and man did it feel good...

Point discrepancy means abandoning all teamwork and going solo :p

Blizzard

Banned
Hazaro said:
Me and Zero were both scouts. I was using the FAN for the first time in a while and man did it feel good...

Point discrepancy means abandoning all teamwork and going solo :p
Darn. I'll get you some day! :p I am actually very bad at hitting good scouts with a heavy, since even with natascha I still have to make the initial hit for them to slow down and some of them jump over my head and such.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Blizzard said:
Darn. I'll get you some day! :p I am actually very bad at hitting good scouts with a heavy, since even with natascha I still have to make the initial hit for them to slow down and some of them jump over my head and such.
Everytime I died I was running away and had like 15hp when you starting shooting.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
:lol
That was funny last night coming on late and half drunk only to go spy and jump right up to the 2nd place on the team.

I wonder if we should remove Donkey Kong if it's going to kick half the people and only have the attacking team win? :p

I also think that a heavy should be interrupted if he's eating a sandvich and takes damage. I've seen enough cheese from heavies' standing on the points only eating sandviches and not attacking. It shouldn't be a legitimate tactic to buy time for your teammates imo.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Kuro Madoushi said:
That was funny last night coming on late and half drunk only to go spy and jump right up to the 2nd place on the team.

I wonder if we should remove Donkey Kong if it's going to kick half the people and only have the attacking team win? :p

I also think that a heavy should be interrupted if he's eating a sandvich and takes damage. I've seen enough cheese from heavies' standing on the points only eating sandviches and not attacking. It shouldn't be a legitimate tactic to buy time for your teammates imo.
Make airblast fling the sandvich away. Pyro is credit to team.

Javaman

Sciz said:
There is no good reason why he should've survived six melee hits. ):<

He was "" close to dying before you guys attacked but had finished eating a sandvich and I was healing him before you rounded the corner.

Proven

Hazaro said:
Make airblast fling the sandvich away. Pyro is credit to team.
Or just airblast the heavy away. The tactic is no worse than a medic using his uber to stall for time, and is one of the useful reasons tf2 plays with knockback so. In fact, the medic can move and dodge to avoid stuff and even do quick ubersaw switches, so a heavy should be no problem.

Twig

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
What? Kuro getting cocky again?! Say it ain't so, Charlie!

Inkwell

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
I liked the part when you were going to try to backstab me and then someone blew you up.

rar

this steam ui update is completely terrible and i cant stand it, kill it with fire i dont want this web 2.0 trainwreck on my computer screen

Boonoo

Stop living in 2000. We're in a new decade now!

Edit: I'm sure someone will come along and make an old steam skin for it soon enough.

commissar

Go to Library, and on the right side above the box, click LIST.
Next right click on the + sign below this and deselect everything which isn't Games and Status.

Left click on Games in the selection bar to make them alphabetical, then left click on Status to sort the list alphabetically via installation status.

If you're a scrub, you can go to the View menu and select Small Mode, or go to that previously used + sign and add icons to make it just like old steam.
Also the favourites option is there if you tend to forget what you like.

But text only is the superior option for awesome people :>

Also make sure you uncheck the play box on store videos so they don't automatically play, wasting your bandwidth.

BAM! Instantly usable, ever so excellent New steam.

Blizzard

Banned
Hazaro said:
Everytime I died I was running away and had like 15hp when you starting shooting.
:( Stop being nearly dead around me so I think I'm doing well only to discover that I'm not!

Kuro Madoushi said:
...DON'T TOUCH SANDVICH. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom