• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javaman

ZombieSupaStar said:
they should've had ignited players ignite other plays they run into.

and I've reflected a huntsman arrow into a head shot so im pro pyro listen to me valve...!!!!! :lol

oh and make the reflected rockets home in on players, too

Server is updating with the patch. Should be back up in 30 mins or so.

Twig

Banned
Wow those are some changes.

Pyro gets nerfed and buffed at the same time. Good thing I've been practicing airblasting! Suck it bitches.

Twig said:
Wow those are some changes.

Pyro gets nerfed and buffed at the same time. Good thing I've been practicing airblasting! Suck it bitches.

if I wanted to play ping pong i would still play with my Wii

emot-colbert.gif

EvilMario said:
On the Pyro note.. I wonder if the -20% damage is on buildings too....... that would be.. horrible.

oh if not, im sure valve will update buildings to auto reflect-insta crit the pyro flames on him

Blizzard

Banned
Pyro nerfs make me sad, it's one of my most favorite classes. And what are you talking about, half length flames? Is that not in the news but still true?

At any rate, even more motivation to get better at reflecting. I like trying to do it already. The guy above made a good point about killing yourself trying to reflect demo shots and stickies though. :(

I wonder if the damage etc. nerf stuff applies to the backburner too. If so, it's even more totally useless now. o_O

And of course you people knew that strafe-running largely negated the post-Bonk movement penalty before, right? Or so I thought.

Heavy buffs = :D :D :D :D

commissar

>>"Last-weapon" initialization on respawn now sets itself to be the melee weapon if you don’t have a selectable secondary weapon (like The Razorback).
>>Airblasting enemies into environmental deaths now awards the death credit to the Pyro.

Excellent, these annoyed the shit out of me.

>>Airblast re-fire delay reduced by 25%.
>>Airblast ammo usage reduced by 20%.

I'll now die because of lack of skill instead of mechanics woo!

>>The Sandman change
>>Added a slight speed reduction to stunned players.
bahahahaahahahahaaahahahahahaha >:3

Javaman

Cool new map too.
cp_freight.

Bliz, I think they are talking duration and damage, not length. Damn, Kuro is going to be even harder to kill now as spy.

Neogaf server is up. I'm going to keep it on cp_freight for a bit.

commissar

Blizzard said:
Pyro nerfs make me sad, it's one of my most favorite classes. And what are you talking about, half length flames? Is that not in the news but still true?
I was also confused, but Mario will have meant the length of time not distance :>

It looks like there were a few things not originally in the patch notes? Now at the top:

Added new community map cp_freight
Added missing physics models for several items
Added jiggle bones to the Sam & Max items, and The Buff Banner
Added Crit-a-Cola

I guess Crit-a-Cola is a Bonk alternative? It would make sense given they tweaked Bonk in the same update.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Kulock said:
I guess Crit-a-Cola is a Bonk alternative? It would make sense given they tweaked Bonk in the same update.

Mmm, if it's some sort of Mini-Critical Hax item for the Scout, well.. I don't know, but things might be getting a little crazy. :lol

Javaman said:
Steam server seem to be acting up. :(

I can't connect to anything right now, even servers that appear to have people in them. I'm just going to wait it out for a while.

edit:

11hyyhc.png

commissar

Kulock said:
It looks like there were a few things not originally in the patch notes? Now at the top:
:0 I must have it

Javaman

They added this to the update....

Added new community map cp_freight
Added missing physics models for several items
Added jiggle bones to the Sam & Max items, and The Buff Banner
Added Crit-a-Cola

Sibylus

Banned
I haven't tested the changes, but I think I'm okay with a better airblast in exchange for weaker flames. Looking forward to minicrits :)

Javaman

freight looks like a 2way cp, similar to well or granary.

Shit. lost admin menu. :( I hope the new version didn't break mani. Good lord, server filled up with no-names quickly.

Boonoo

Yeah, freight's a pretty common 5cp in comp. It's a lot smaller than blands or even granary, so I'm not sure how well it will do with tons of people. It also can stress out bad servers--there are a lot of trains running around. It would probably be worth adding to the rotation; it's fun.

Twig said:
bitter cause you can't w+m1 anymore i see

eh I think if you let a pyro get close to you, u deserve what u get, but its clear now that valve doesn't want pyros to actually "use" the flame thrower, they want them to just sit around thumbing their assholes until a soldier fires 123948712 rockets (not using the w key to move or the m1 key to shoot, thats a pyro-only bind), or...... they could reflect kill grenades at a demo, and if the demo TRIES REALLY REALLY HARD and runs up to kiss them, maybe he will die also as they do (since you know reflected grenades still hurt them only now with extra crit POWERS!...and their splash damage distance > reflect distance).

or I can just go demo and kill everyone, all the time, ...like usual

Twig

Banned
backburner wasn't nerfed (at least it didn't say so)

just the flamethrower

so if you wanna burn shit, use the backburner

also i can't start tf2 ):

cb is just fucking dumb to begin with, give us napalm or something. Its not as lore breaking as a ....broadsword/shield wielding demoman mind you, but still. Yes I said lorebreaking :lol

Medic seems like the only class that they got "right" even moreso with its updates... Spy too i guess I dont really play it, although I think godmode-ringer is a bit much

and I would have have terminal cancer IRL than be caught using a BB on purpose in tf2.

Twig

Banned
airblast is awesome quit your bitching you have an alternative and you're choosing not to use it

also it's taking forever to verify tf2's files ):

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
The Huntsman changes
Removed restriction that arrows need to be aimed before they can be lit by a Pyro.
Bow can now be lowered without losing the lit arrow.
Changed bow so you can start charging it while you're jumping, but you can't fire until you're on the ground.

:D

Twig

Banned
Botolf said:
My god, I'm agreeing with twig?!?!

*passes out*
I'm one of the few people who thinks that every item so far has its use, and many of them appeal to different people because they have different playstyles.

Contrary to the way I act, I'm actually quite reasonable.

Although I should say I don't necessarily feel the same way about all these community items so far.

Sibylus

Banned
Also, yay to being able to light huntsman arrows without them being charged. I love Pyro and Sniper, so this kind of thing is very complementary.

rar

for those who are unaware cp_freight has been around for a long long time now and is sort of a staple competitive map, but for some reason the cool version was never made official. so the creator had to switch alot of it up and make it terrible until valve liked it, and now its literally a shadow of the map it was, meaning its completely terrible in its official form

thanks valve!

Twig

Banned
Tisan said:
Oh god TF2 insta-crashes to desktop ;_;

Reinstalling it didn't help :(
Same thing happened to me. I verified the files and am about to try again. D:

EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUUU DIDN'T WORK

worst update ever ):

rar

Twig said:
Same thing happened to me. I verified the files and am about to try again. D:

EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUUU DIDN'T WORK

worst update ever ):

its one of your addons, probably prec

rename your tf/addons folder to tf/addons_disabled

rar

Twig said:
oh

cool

guess that means i have to manually record now D:

well until prec is patched

valve has this lovely way of updating tf2 which breaks everything, like custom huds, configs, and addons

Twig

Banned
well yeah until it updates, of course

i wish valve would be less mean about updating, though

e.g., playing old demos is now impossible (well not IMPOSSIBLE but with all these changes i'd probably have to go download an old version of tf2 for the demo playback to not bug out even more than usual... c'est la vie)

Blizzard

Banned
ZombieSupaStar said:
cb is just fucking dumb to begin with, give us napalm or something. Its not as lore breaking as a ....broadsword/shield wielding demoman mind you, but still. Yes I said lorebreaking :lol

Medic seems like the only class that they got "right" even moreso with its updates... Spy too i guess I dont really play it, although I think godmode-ringer is a bit much

and I would have have terminal cancer IRL than be caught using a BB on purpose in tf2.
What is "cb"? I just looked through a bunch of items and can't figure it out. :lol

Sibylus

Banned
Compression blast.

I just don't "get" the hate for it, it's genuinely one of the more interesting/fun abilities that the class has.

Blizzard

Banned
Twig said:
i swear it's like the backburner doesn't even exist for half the peopel who play tf2
People didn't use it because unless you're super stealthy or it's a good map, it does less damage in general (no random crits I assume). At least that's my guess.

Plus you can't reflect arrows, reflect balls, reflect jarate, reflect rockets, reflect pipe bombs, reflect sentry rockets, protect against ubers, extinguish teammates, keep charging demomen away from you, kill enemies (even ubers) by knocking them off cliffs...

Surely even you can admit that some of those things are valuable. :(

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Blizzard said:
People didn't use it because unless you're super stealthy or it's a good map, it does less damage in general (no random crits I assume). At least that's my guess.

Plus you can't reflect arrows, reflect balls, reflect jarate, reflect rockets, reflect pipe bombs, reflect sentry rockets, protect against ubers, extinguish teammates, keep charging demomen away from you, kill enemies (even ubers) by knocking them off cliffs...

Which is why the flamethrower should have been nerfed long ago.

Twig

Banned
Blizzard said:

show me once where i said none of those are valuable

there's a reason i don't use the backburner and it's always been because i like the airblast and that won't change now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom