• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Proven!!!!!!!!! >:/

I've done it several times already...even after the update patch!

flame a DR spy, he'll pop his watch, you airblast, axtinguish him = instakill.

When I hit a spy with my ax, they ALWAYS die. I mean, I do miss sometimes, but I have that 'ping' on so I know when I hit and I can tell you guys again, it DOES work.

Impressions of Twiggy!?

"I hate this map!"
"This map sucks"
"Why can't we change this to a good map!?"
"Fuck you Kuro, I'mma fraps that"
"Facestab!"
"Ur fat!"

Have you been practicing sniper lately too? Shit, last night you join, and aside from normal team complaints, you shot up the scoreboard pretty quick. Or maybe you're another sciz...using kukri instead... :/

Twig

Banned
I did get a new headshot record on that round (only 12, nothing special), but no I haven't been practicing.

I'm actually having the problem lately of starting up TF2 excited to play and then not knowing what class to play. So I pick random. Sometimes it works and I have fun but sometimes it doesn't work and I get bored and leave.

side note: i was depressed when you guys ended up taking the point anyway cause someone else surpassed me in points as a result... still only at the halfway mark at the number one sniper cheesemint ):

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Twig said:
I did get a new headshot record on that round (only 12, nothing special), but no I haven't been practicing.

I'm actually having the problem lately of starting up TF2 excited to play and then not knowing what class to play. So I pick random. Sometimes it works and I have fun but sometimes it doesn't work and I get bored and leave.

Hah! We gotta tell Java to have a prophunt night before this GAF server free ride is over then!!! :D

JAVA!!!!! BEREIVE!!!

Twig

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Hah! We gotta tell Java to have a prophunt night before this GAF server free ride is over then!!! :D

JAVA!!!!! BEREIVE!!!
Prophunt requires completely modding the server as far as I'm aware. If we wanna have a prophunt night, we might as well just find an empty prophunt server and all go there. U:

Sciz

Kuro Madoushi said:
Proven!!!!!!!!! >:/

I've done it several times already...even after the update patch!

flame a DR spy, he'll pop his watch, you airblast, axtinguish him = instakill.

When I hit a spy with my ax, they ALWAYS die. I mean, I do miss sometimes, but I have that 'ping' on so I know when I hit and I can tell you guys again, it DOES work.
I've sat there and axed an immobile DRed spy four times in a row without him dying before. Damage reduction still applies.

Twig said:
ps prophunt is amazing (just playing it now for the first time)
I tried to tell you people this months ago and did anyone listen nooooooooo.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sciz said:
I've sat there and axed an immobile DRed spy four times in a row without him dying before. Damage reduction still applies.

I tried to tell you people this months ago and anyone listen nooooooooo.

You did it wrong! >:/ It's the only way I know of to take out a DR spy, and I'll say I've done it plenty of times. Only time it doesn't work is when I miss, but otherwise INSTALKLL

I've done prophunt before, but I just think it'd be more fun with you guys! :D

Twig

Banned
Sciz said:
I tried to tell you people this months ago and anyone listen nooooooooo.
I listened. I just never heeded because I'm lazy. But then Capndrake invited me to 2f2f's new prophunt server and I was like "okay."

Maybe you should have been more proactive in your prophunt propaganda. BUT NOOOOOOOOO.

Blizzard

Banned
Prophunt is fun. What's not fun is when I have a stupid obsession with wanting to win a map before quitting, and even when I'm 1st or 2nd on the team, we lose 6-8 maps in a row and counting. /whinewhinewhine

Twig

Banned
What's even less fun is switching maps right after a new one starts.

Just need to get rid of voting altogether and set a rotation. That way we won't end up playing the same maps too close to each other, and we won't ever have people voting to extend, etc.

Could still have admin-induced voting for maps not on the rotation (but the rotation needs more maps on it anyway).

Blizzard

Banned
Twig said:
What's even less fun is switching maps right after a new one starts.

Just need to get rid of voting altogether and set a rotation. That way we won't end up playing the same maps too close to each other, and we won't ever have people voting to extend, etc.

Could still have admin-induced voting for maps not on the rotation (but the rotation needs more maps on it anyway).
I think we need to set up a dictatorship. Naturally I'm voting Twig in as el presidente.

Finally won one. <3

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said:
I think we need to set up a dictatorship. Naturally I'm voting Twig in as el presidente.

Finally won one. <3

Twig?! Oh lord!!! there ain't no heaven!!!!!!!!

I thought it was a good night tonight. But I'd still rather one of youse guys spam the invites to fill the server! Blizzard...you're too focused on winning/losing...you're going to turn into kdcherli and then you and Twiggy are going to go at it.

Also, it was YOU that made lespy2 stop using his mic!!! After ALL the abuse me and Java put him through to make him use it!!!! >:/

It's going to be war of the admins soon!!!!!!

Honestly, I didn't think he was going to be so sensitive about the whole thing...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
snack said:
Who so much hate for the douche ringer? :lol

FIXED!

I hate it because even if I hit the spy and know where he is, he still takes waaaaaaaaay too little damage. I'd prefer it to be one hit...more realistic death...and regular cloak. But having the 90% reduction is really obnoxious...if a spy is a near an ammo pack, it's impossible to take him out if he's really good

Yasae

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
FIXED!

I hate it because even if I hit the spy and know where he is, he still takes waaaaaaaaay too little damage. I'd prefer it to be one hit...more realistic death...and regular cloak. But having the 90% reduction is really obnoxious...if a spy is a near an ammo pack, it's impossible to take him out if he's really good
Something like that. Or it shouldn't pop up in the top right that you killed him when you didn't. I doubt you get double points anyway.

commissar

Would anyone be interested in a little desktop background video I made?
It's of cashworks, has a rotating sentry.

Relevant post is here

It's pretty rad having a little sentry sitting there :3

edit: uploaded the file, image below:
maydesktop.jpg

the little guy sits there moving left and right

Remy

I would be totally down for some GAF Prophunt, since that's typically what I'm playing when I'm not on the server with you all.

Just no ph_cyberpunk_a3, please.

derFeef

n0b said:
Thank you to the medics for turning a horrible day in tf2 to a good one.
Hey look, a demoman in first place! We never see that!

Anyway, why was it a good game if your team lost? If my team looses, I always feel bad, no matter what score I have.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Nothing like a little sniping on Nucleus to make the entire RED team start raging.

9frtkn.png

Or a little amazing Pyro/Heavy action.

a0whow.png

I'm feeling good today, watch out! :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I played medic for a bit on a 32 man server.

I got a lot of points and almost broke my records a few times. Good stuff.

n0b

derFeef said:
Hey look, a demoman in first place! We never see that!

Anyway, why was it a good game if your team lost? If my team looses, I always feel bad, no matter what score I have.
I just said horrible/good day, not game. I had just come off a couple rounds in a row on awful teams and having at BEST an even k:d ratio. Working together with good teammates and nearly getting a 5-1 k:d was a nice change for the night. And yeah yeah demo isn't that impressive but I haven't really played demo seriously in a LONG time.

Yasae

Banned
Orellio said:
..would be low if he were on offense but he wasn't.
My statement stands.

As in, demo simply isn't a defensive class. Which is fine, really. I think pyro has finally shifted to most defensive class. There was somebody complaining about me being airblasted in one of the intel hallways on 2fort. I "let him airblast me." Well.. Unless we wanted to waste the uber and go all the way around (no) or were going to wait for the pyro to come out (nope,) I'm pretty sure a lvl 3 sentry, demo, and airblasting pyro is going to blow your uber away without a second thought.

And no, you can't shoot a single solitary bullet while being airblasted. The game stops you from firing.

Being in a tiny hallway like that, there was a 95% chance of getting fucked, and got fucked we did.

Twig

Banned
Yasae said:
And no, you can't shoot a single solitary bullet while being airblasted. The game stops you from firing.
Huh. I guess I always shoot between airblasts. Or between airblast after-effects. Or whatever.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Heavies are getting better at killing Pyros that are just airblasting them. Before, they seemed lost, but they can often kill the Pyro now and have a few seconds of Uber left to destroy something. It's more difficult for Soldiers, and Demos to do the same.

Yasae

Banned
EvilMario said:
Heavies are getting better at killing Pyros that are just airblasting them. Before, they seemed lost, but they can often kill the Pyro now and have a few seconds of Uber left to destroy something. It's more difficult for Soldiers, and Demos to do the same.
It was right around a corner - ideal placements. There was enough knockback that I never got a shot off.

Javaman

EvilMario said:

One trick I've learned if I come across a heavy and don't think I can take him is to jump while running backwards from the fatty. The bullets push you back getting you out of range much quicker. :lol From a distance or with decent cover a Blutz wielding medic can take out a heavy most of the time.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
rar said:
heavy with a medic is a little overpowered in pubs now i think

A Heavy/Medic combo still has issues taking down a Level 3 Sentry at anywhere except for point blank range, and most Heavies on Pub are vulnerable to spies/snipers until they're named Sciz.

I think the Heavy is definitely a more powerful, and playable class now. I welcome the update to him, and I'm not even a frequent player of the class.

Yasae

Banned
EvilMario said:
A Heavy/Medic combo still has issues taking down a Level 3 Sentry at anywhere except for point blank range, and most Heavies on Pub are vulnerable to spies/snipers until they're named Sciz.

I think the Heavy is definitely a more powerful, and playable class now. I welcome the update to him, and I'm not even a frequent player of the class.
Let's not forget the crits nerf that Valve didn't feel like telling anyone about. My aim didn't suddenly get several magnitudes worse. They just made heavy crits less likely to hit - though it usually only kicks in at moderate range or greater. The spray seems more pronounced.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yasae said:
Let's not forget the crits nerf that Valve didn't feel like telling anyone about. My aim didn't suddenly get several magnitudes worse. They just made heavy crits less likely to hit - though it usually only kicks in at moderate range or greater. The spray seems more pronounced.

Mmm, I did notice I was able to flee from Kritz Heavy (at a good distance of course) a bit more successfully than in the past, but I didn't think anything of it. As long as it's not so broken that the Heavy with Kritz can be defeat at close range because of bad luck with the spray, I think it's an okay trade off for the spin up time.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Javaman said:
One trick I've learned if I come across a heavy and don't think I can take him is to jump while running backwards from the fatty. The bullets push you back getting you out of range much quicker. :lol From a distance or with decent cover a Blutz wielding medic can take out a heavy most of the time.

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUU JAVAMAN! >:/ Goddamn needles of DESTRUCTION!

And you're lucky, sciz! I almost had my 2nd taunt kill on you! Had you moved left instead of right, that Hadouken would've blasted you into outer space! :D

Sciz

Kuro Madoushi said:
And you're lucky, sciz! I almost had my 2nd taunt kill on you! Had you moved left instead of right, that Hadouken would've blasted you into outer space! :D
One of these days you're going to learn that I pay attention to sound effects.

Javaman

Kuro Madoushi said:
FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUU JAVAMAN! >:/ Goddamn needles of DESTRUCTION!

Your rage is so delicious. NomNomNom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom