• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javaman

And I didn't even have to buy him dinner first. :lol

2v0gb4j.jpg

commissar

8 >f7> Kuro Madoushi [GAF] 2941 65.35 0.75
9 commissar bacon 2923 70.42 0.69

I am coming for you~

I am surprised I am doing so well :eek: Throw enough at a wall ;)

Sciz

Hazaro said:
You only take.
I am rather generous with both my sandviches and my lead, thank you very much. :mad:

Medic was in fact once my most played class by a decent margin. My playstyle has gotten ever more reckless and self-sacrificing with time, however.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tisan said:
8 >f7> Kuro Madoushi [GAF] 2941 65.35 0.75
9 commissar bacon 2923 70.42 0.69

I am coming for you~

I am surprised I am doing so well :eek: Throw enough at a wall ;)

PFFT! You're lucky I'm playing off class, though I am n0b's understudy for engie and GAF is great fun to practice engie in (INKWELL! U MAD, BRAH?!)

You saw the serious pants when I went medic tonight just cause I was pissed I couldn't build any sentries up. Me and sciz were wrecking your guys' team; I had 60 some odd points that around, 6 dominations at one point, and I'll STILL say we only lost cause we had an AFK medic in spawn.

Why are there two artistdudes on that list!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?

notsol337

marked forever
Kuro Madoushi said:
PFFT! You're lucky I'm playing off class, though I am n0b's understudy for engie and GAF is great fun to practice engie in (INKWELL! U MAD, BRAH?!)

You saw the serious pants when I went medic tonight just cause I was pissed I couldn't build any sentries up. Me and sciz were wrecking your guys' team; I had 60 some odd points that around, 6 dominations at one point, and I'll STILL say we only lost cause we had an AFK medic in spawn.

The best thing in the world is killing your shit sentries.

Sciz

Kuro Madoushi said:
Different characters used in the name. Seems to go by names instead of Steam IDs, as evidenced by how other people such as n0b and yourself also have multiple entries.

Inkwell

Banned
I've developed a new tactic on koth_harvest_event. Well, at least new to me. Here's the correct steps so you can have fun as well:

1. choose heavy
2. deploy fists
*Dalokohs bar recommended, but not necessary
3. go into small shack and crouch next to explosive pumpkin
4. wait for a member of the opposite team to enter
5. punch pumpkin
6. watch them die while you survive

Kuro Madoushi said:
I'm up to your tricks. None of your level 1's stopped me last night. In fact, I think I destroyed the majority of them.

Javaman

Twig said:
I used to pretty steadily hold my position in the lower part of the top 10 on the GAF server.

I am now 140/166.

Yeah, if you're going by stats on the server, they're not up to date. I noticed a couple of days that the module had been deactivated and turned it back on.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Inkwell said:
I've developed a new tactic on koth_harvest_event.

I'm up to your tricks. None of your level 1's stopped me last night. In fact, I think I destroyed the majority of them.

Harvest is awesome fun for ninja sentries since it's already dark.

My fave was going on the other team's building's roof and building up there. They never know what hit them.

Ya, I gotta switch the placements up...n0b is right, I'm focused way too much on predictable spots, even if they're really good.:D

Yasae

Banned
Sorry I up and quit last night. How the hell I got to 300+ ping is unbeknownst to me. Towards the end it started being 10 or 15 lag deaths in a row (with 27 shots that didn't connect,) where you can't even see who or what you were killed by. Totally unplayable.

And yes I count those in my head.

At around 150ms the lag is most noticeable in melee and sniping. Other shots are reasonably accurate.

Remy

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3835

The TF2 Blog said:
We're going to ship an update with another small set of Pyro changes this week. Like our previous update, our goal is to increase the degree to which skill can make a difference between two Pyro players. We received a bunch of useful feedback after the last update, and we think we've managed to address most of it, without removing the skill-based additions. As always, play with it for a bit, and then let us know what you think.

-Removed Flamethrower and Backburner
-Added Random Backfire to Shotgun
-Flare Gun self-destructs on Criticals
-Fire Axe blade now shatters on contact with the map environment
-Axtinguisher cuts through Pyro's gloves, constantly sapping HP
-Homewrecker Only
-Final Destination :D

You did also skip over the part where they linked to the fan-made Fancy vs. Nasty Update, several detailed replacements for hats and weapons so far.

Lumine

...and you can download the new items/hats from that page. And supposedly they will replace your current version? It seems that way, but I haven't actually tried it myself yet.

Lumine said:
...and you can download the new items/hats from that page. And supposedly they will replace your current version? It seems that way, but I haven't actually tried it myself yet.

Right, they're just replacement models and skins like the kind you would find on FPS Banana.

You can only use them on your local account, though, others won't see them without them installed. There were server mods that allowed just that, but because of the "Premium" and pre-order deal hats like Max's Head, Valve decided to disallow that.

Firebrand

How timely of them to lower the crafting requirements when I'm just about to have enough refined metals to make my first non-drop hat. :lol

If I already have my refined metals since before the change, there's nothing to gain from smelting them down to scraps and back up again, right? It's only the scrap and class token recipes that had their requirements lowered? EDIT: Seems so.

Proven

TF2 Update:

Fixed a case where the Spy could start taunting and cloak at the same time
Flamethrower changes:
Increased base damage 10%
Afterburn duration increased (from 6 to 10)
Flares that hit a burning player at mid-to-long range will crit
Reduced Backburner damage bonus from 20% to 15%

They bumped up the flamethrower (thank god, it was ridiculous) and the backburner change is to reflect the fact that it's coded as a boost to whatever the current flamethrower is.

Flaregun got a slight buff. I've been able to get mini crits on it, but to do that from long range for crits? At least it'll be an instant death for most classes, and the afterburn will be deadly.

Still, I just don't feel like I'll enjoy the Pyro much anymore. I'll try him out next time I'm on a server that has less than two of them and doesn't need more medics/engineers.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Increased Afterburn is the big one, but the Critical (read; not mini-critical) on the Flare Gun is huge. It will be interesting to see what they consider 'Medium-Far' range. And of course the 10% damage output on the Flamethrower is welcomed.

Proven

Flamethrower changes (someone double check this for me? Stole this from someone and too busy/lazy to do it myself):

Original FT/BB: 100% damage.

Nerfed FT: 80% damage.
Nerfed BB: 120% of FT, or 96%.

New FT: 88% damage.
New BB: 115% of FT, or 101.2%

Oh my. I love trolling with my Flare Gun. Now it's actually a serious threat and not just an annoyance... :D

I'm sorry what I said Valve, let's never fight again until the next Spy item is introduced.

Also you know that Flare Gun change is going to go to mini-crits next update, almost guaranteed.

Funny enough I managed to get my max life score with pyro since the update (27) these changes help me massively.

I am a flare gun whore, love it.

commissar

wait that distance is long range?

I was thinking it would be more 2fort in length. It'll be very useful for getting rid of snipers though
D:

rar

Tisan said:
wait that distance is long range?

I was thinking it would be more 2fort in length. It'll be very useful for getting rid of snipers though
D:

he probably moved forward a little before the screenshot

Twig

Banned
I'm sure it is. I've never played anything but cowboys and indians on it though. Spy revolvers versus sniper huntsman. It was a ton of fun.

Get some Sciz/n0b western music mic spam in there, too, and we've got what I like to call magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom