• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boonoo

Reckoner said:
Can anyone recommend me some good servers for Tf2? Because the private servers I usually play are always empty during my day time.

Thanks.

The main SourceOP servers are packed 24/7. They're good people. Nice serious 32 man games (as serious as 32 man can be) with a good rotation.

67.228.59.145:27015 SourceOP.com TF2 [VALVE MAPS] [NO MODS]

74.55.49.243:27015 SourceOP.com TF2 [VALVE MAPS #2] [NO MODS]

Their nocrits pro rotation 24 man is also great. It fills up later in the day.

67.228.59.144:27015 SourceOP.com TF2 Pro Rotation [NO CRITS]

The GAF server (24man) starts filling up around 9 eastern.
68.232.178.184:27015

firex

I made critacola, but I never play medic so losing the kritzkreig isn't a big deal. And I hated bonk so on the few occasions that I play scout, I might actually use it!

snack

Is this 2 for 1 metal thing gonna be permanent is it for a limited time only? Seems like thy just patched it into he game without a notice or anything.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
snack said:
Is this 2 for 1 metal thing gonna be permanent is it for a limited time only? Seems like thy just patched it into he game without a notice or anything.

People will never stop complaining about the damn hats, and the drop system until they just give the players every single one by default; that's the reasoning behind the 'easier' crafts, I assume.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Twig said:
prepare to yawn cause kuro is predictable

pfft, says the person who's rarely on, complains about the spam invites, complains about the lack of competition and/or the teamstack!

Gotta get kd back on and you two can go at it again! :D

Twig

Banned
I've been sick lately, I've never complained about spam invites, and I was joking about lack of competition. I just didn't feel like playing.

And you're fucking right I'm going to complain about teamstacking. It's bullshit, and anyone who's not an idiot knows it's bullshit. So I guess that makes you an idiot.

Also: you're just mad because I'm clearly your better.

you just don't get me kuro, and until you do, you are not allowed to speak of me anymore

edit:

also http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3692

i laughed

Can anyone give me an exact definition of what choke is?

Since the weekend I've been experiencing huge amounts of choke in fire fights and I've figured out it's an issue with ISP. I'd like to tell them this, but I get the feeling I need to tell them more than simply choke.

notsol337

marked forever
Twig said:
I've been sick lately, I've never complained about spam invites, and I was joking about lack of competition. I just didn't feel like playing.

And you're fucking right I'm going to complain about teamstacking. It's bullshit, and anyone who's not an idiot knows it's bullshit. So I guess that makes you an idiot.

Also: you're just mad because I'm clearly your better.

you just don't get me kuro, and until you do, you are not allowed to speak of me anymore

edit:

also http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3692

i laughed

I also laughed as well too.

Also.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My TF2 has just been flat out erroring when too much shit is happening. Making me worried.

I get ubered as a pyro, run in to kill 2 sentries, and the game dies.

Yasae

Banned
Hazaro said:
My TF2 has just been flat out erroring when too much shit is happening. Making me worried.

I get ubered as a pyro, run in to kill 2 sentries, and the game dies.
Yeah I've gotten two extra hard crashes, now bringing the game's total to 4. Always a memory error. This happens to too many people for it to be a random bug. I bet it's a leak somewhere. I should alt tab and check every so often.

Boonoo

Twig said:

Nice.

"Yeah, that's really, really..." he trailed off, so bored with the sentence he didn't bother to finish it. "Look, maybe you should read this. You know--help you get into the 'Team Fortress' mindset."

He slid over a well-worn game design manual. I leafed through it. It wasn't a game design manual, it was a coffee table-sized book of women wearing hats.

Boonoo

MrPing1000 said:
Can anyone give me an exact definition of what choke is?

Since the weekend I've been experiencing huge amounts of choke in fire fights and I've figured out it's an issue with ISP. I'd like to tell them this, but I get the feeling I need to tell them more than simply choke.

Sound to me like your tubes are dirty. Ask them to clean your internet pipes.

Fake edit:
I really don't know what choke is. I know that on some servers it's worse than others, and that if I increase my lerp I choke less. I tend to try and keep it shorter, but I bump it back up on chokey servers.

What's your lerp at? And are you choking equally on all servers?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yasae said:
Yeah I've gotten two extra hard crashes, now bringing the game's total to 4. Always a memory error. This happens to too many people for it to be a random bug. I bet it's a leak somewhere. I should alt tab and check every so often.

Hmm...I play in windowed mode, but it doesn't help anything when I check. Errors will happen and it's always something like 'memory could not be referenced...blah blah blah'

Twig U mad bro?!

Get more bickering between you two! :D

Twig

Banned
Guys check out my impression of Kuro.

"U MAD?? LOLOLLL

I'M SO AWESOME!!!! MAH SENTRAH CHECK IT OUT?!!!!! YA U MAD?? YA"

What do you think.

fallout

Needed more lvl 1 sentrahs.

EvilMario said:
People will never stop complaining about the damn hats, and the drop system until they just give the players every single one by default; that's the reasoning behind the 'easier' crafts, I assume.
I used to complain, but I'm not anymore, because the possibility of crafting a hat is actually within reach now for someone like me who plays the game rather casually.

Yasae

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Hmm...I play in windowed mode, but it doesn't help anything when I check. Errors will happen and it's always something like 'memory could not be referenced...blah blah blah'
Then some hexadecimal? Exactly the same one I have. Coincidence?

Proven

I think today is not a very good day for me to play. Everyone's having fun doing whatever, but I just want to play Engy and not be bothered. Really, really don't feel like Medic or Soldier today, and I no longer wish to embarrass myself as Pyro.

Oreoleo

I've been getting micro-hitching (not micro-stuttering! hitching like i'm constantly unlocking achievements) the past few days. Happens probably once every 2 or 3 minutes :( It's annoying.

Boonoo

Orellio said:
I've been getting micro-hitching (not micro-stuttering! hitching like i'm constantly unlocking achievements) the past few days. Happens probably once every 2 or 3 minutes :( It's annoying.

That's strange--sounds like the bullshit that happens when steam goes down, and it tried to reconnect every now and then to the friends list.

That memory stuff is strange, and it seems to be happening over a decent range of ram.
Have you guys tried the bug report feature?

I've never actually used that. I don't think I've ever had cause to, thought.

Blizzard

Banned
Does anyone have any definitive answer for how axetinguisher works against dead ringer? I thought there was some rumor that if you hit a flaming dead ringer'd spy with it, it would kill them. I am pretty sure that I just axetinguisher'd a dead ringer'd flaming spy three times in a row, complete with crit sound, and he did not die. :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Blizzard said:
Does anyone have any definitive answer for how axetinguisher works against dead ringer? I thought there was some rumor that if you hit a flaming dead ringer'd spy with it, it would kill them. I am pretty sure that I just axetinguisher'd a dead ringer'd flaming spy three times in a row, complete with crit sound, and he did not die. :(
Dead ringer reduces damage taken by 90% so... gonna have to hit him a few more times.

Blizzard

Banned
Hazaro said:
Dead ringer reduces damage taken by 90% so... gonna have to hit him a few more times.
Yeah, like everything else, but for some reason I thought people had said the axetinguisher was special, i.e. the only weapon that would go through the dead ringer. Oh well. :(

Blizzard said:
Yeah, like everything else, but for some reason I thought people had said the axetinguisher was special, i.e. the only weapon that would go through the dead ringer. Oh well. :(

If I remember right, one of the recent DR nerfs was that while the Spy could keep his cloak going by picking up metal, the damage reduction stopped after 8 seconds until the next cloak.

I can't find it on the 119th big update list to be sure, unfortunately.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said:

No rumour. I've done it several times: flame spy, axtinguish, instakill!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Blizzard said:

Do you have hit beeps turned on? With melee, having a big latency difference between the two of you can make it really hard to have a hit actually register. Just because you hear the crit sound or the meaty thunk of impact, doesn't mean the server will actually acknowledge contact. Melee in all Source games is always iffy for me since I play at 100+ ping. I've had more than one occasion where I'll be wailing on someone with a melee weapon and only get an actual hit in one out of three times. Having hit beeps on can help you pick up on when you're actually making contact.

Blizzard

Banned
Servizio said:
Do you have hit beeps turned on? With melee, having a big latency difference between the two of you can make it really hard to have a hit actually register. Just because you hear the crit sound or the meaty thunk of impact, doesn't mean the server will actually acknowledge contact. Melee in all Source games is always iffy for me since I play at 100+ ping. I've had more than one occasion where I'll be wailing on someone with a melee weapon and only get an actual hit in one out of three times. Having hit beeps on can help you pick up on when you're actually making contact.
I think I normally do, but I can't remember if they played or not. And see, Kuro claims it's true too, and Hazaro presumably claims it's false, so I think we need a fight to the death to test this. :lol

Javaman

Blizzard said:
I think I normally do, but I can't remember if they played or not. And see, Kuro claims it's true too, and Hazaro presumably claims it's false, so I think we need a fight to the death to test this. :lol

If
LOLZ
I'm on TF2 tonight I volunteer to be the guinea pig.

Sciz

It's my favored method of killing spies, but the DR is still effective. The only ones that die before the cloak runs out had low hp to begin with.

Yasae

Banned
Sciz said:
It's my favored method of killing spies, but the DR is still effective. The only ones that die before the cloak runs out had low hp to begin with.
I don't use these trashy gimmicks. I just know where they are
10% of the time.

Proven

Blizzard said:

Hazaro's right, Kuro's wrong. I hate spies, so I study every nerf and buff they get and am always up to date on videos and techniques so they can't surprise me. I've only been stair stabbed (including all the ways you can get it off small inclines and such) twice in my entire lifetime of tf2 (360 and PC), while I've foiled several of those and a couple other special types.

But fuck them still. I've been playing Medic and Engy more, and when you're a support class you need to trust your team because it takes too damn long to spy check every five seconds. You need to be quick to get that sentry or teleporter up right away, and you need to be efficient to get everyone buffed up to speed and ready for a push. I don't even switch to Pyro anymore when I'm pissed, I just rage Soldier with Buff Banner so I can blow up the backstabbing bastards into a million tiny pieces, and use it to build my Rage in order to punish his team for having him be a member.

And right now it's bullshit how easily teleporters are fucked with.

/rage mode

Edit:
Kulock said:
If I remember right, one of the recent DR nerfs was that while the Spy could keep his cloak going by picking up metal, the damage reduction stopped after 8 seconds until the next cloak.

I can't find it on the 119th big update list to be sure, unfortunately.

I remember that too. I'll look it up later and find out if we were both hallucinating or not.

Salsa

Yesterday it crashed seconds before i could land a perfect backstab when i was winning a round. I was like an hour in. Getting tired of this, all the people that play with me are having the same problem, so i dont worry cause i know we`ll have a fix soon, but yeah.

Javaman

I don't know what's going on lately. Seems like one of the recent patches really Bjorked up things for a lot of players. We had one map change last night that kicked off 21 players with a buffer overflow.

Javaman

Volcynika said:
Sounds about right.

SHOTS FIRED!

Siren.gif
Siren.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom