• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Banned
Flare Gun is pretty fear-inspiring now, 1 hit afterburn kill on Engies and Snipers at medium/long range as one of ya'll said. Oh, and it still afterburn minicrits at close range :O

Blizzard

Banned
Iadien said:
Yeah, it makes me cry since I never got a new mouse to practice spy tauntkilling with. Pulling it off usefully was so rewarding too. They also got rid of the scout invincible tauntkilling a couple of updates ago. :(

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
Awesome pyro changes, especially the extra oomph in the flare gun!

That thing's been a pea shooter up until today. I love that it is strong enough to kill a sniper because if I can hit you with my unscoped secondary weapon before you hit me with your scoped rifle, well then you need to switch classes buddy. :lol

Is it my imagination, or has Natascha broken again this update? The effect seems way more pronounced, even at longer ranges.

Edit: It's probably just a string of bad luck, the more I think about it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
hmm...was playing on TF2lobby.com early in the wee hours in the morning and saw a pyro running the flare gun...

We were on Badlands (fuck why does everyone play that map?!) and basically, anything from one side of the mid point to the other side is a critz flaregun shot. I was in the middle of healing my solly on my side of the point near our house, and a pyro is in their garage...shoots one flaregun shot, critz, dead solly, medic rage.

I might have to give it a good run-through now since I've switched it out in favour of the shotgun. FUCK YOU SNIPERS UP GOOD! I'M LOOKING AT YOU COMMISSAR BACON!

commissar

Does anyone else have weird days of terrible aim?

I was playing scoot and I swear at one point shot almost two clips and hit this other scoot once FML

But then I nailed this pyro on 2fort battlements with my bat twice, bailed into the water and baseball killed them while in midair so I feel a bit better :>

Twig

Banned
My skills in TF2 are extremely inconsistent. Some days I feel like a fucking god and other days I get walked all over again and again and again and most days it's anywhere in between.

It's somewhat frustrating at times. ):

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Tisan said:
All the time. There are times when I can aim perfectly well and juggle people as Soldier, and then there are moments where I am simply hopeless at best.

Lately been drilling shit all over the place with my grenade launcher on Demoman. Some of the kills I've done are simply outrageous.

firex

Tisan said:

I was playing scoot and I swear at one point shot almost two clips and hit this other scoot once FML

But then I nailed this pyro on 2fort battlements with my bat twice, bailed into the water and baseball killed them while in midair so I feel a bit better :>
Yeah, but for me those weird days are everyday. Pretty much why I stick to stabbin' people now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
firex said:
Yeah, but for me those weird days are everyday. Pretty much why I stick to stabbin' people now.
bunkgaf.jpg

C...COACH?!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wacism?! 0_o

I'm not sure if you guys are taking ping and lag into account. We have some players with some pretty high ping, and more than once I've been sniped by Wanted like bullets that curve through walls.

Proven

After thinking about it some more, I'm a bit more ok about the Pyro changes. The biggest problem he always had was not being a threat at long ranges. Now, with amazing aim (although possibly too amazing considering that it's still a projectile), you are a clear threat at long ranges. Two hit kill most classes and three hit kill a bunch of others, just like the Soldier and Demoman already do.

You still are the most difficult to play on the front line compared to the other three big classes, though.

Yasae

Banned
Proven said:
After thinking about it some more, I'm a bit more ok about the Pyro changes. The biggest problem he always had was not being a threat at long ranges. Now, with amazing aim (although possibly too amazing considering that it's still a projectile), you are a clear threat at long ranges. Two hit kill most classes and three hit kill a bunch of others, just like the Soldier and Demoman already do.

You still are the most difficult to play on the front line compared to the other three big classes, though.
The flare gun tends to snap aim quite a bit.

Javaman

Team Fortress 2's long-awaited Engineer class update is "coming soon," developer Valve Software has revealed with a teaser trailer.
From the Medic update of April 2008 through to the recent joint 'War' update for the Soldier and Demoman, Valve has delivered new weapons and achievements to all classes bar the industrious engineer, who has evidently been toiling away all this time.

Meanwhile, Valve continues to decorate players for their veterancy, adding a new platinum 'Primeval Warrior' badge for those who have been playing since the beta.

I wonder how soon is "soon"? That was posted on the 6th of May. Hopefully not Valve soon.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Proven said:

Pfft...not like it can kill you...like that damn lucksman...

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Kuro Madoushi said:
Pfft...not like it can kill you...like that damn lucksman...

I kill you a lot. haha

EDIT:

Team Fortress 2
Added new community weapons and hats
Updated CP_Gorge
Added nobuilds to the awnings outside BLU's forward spawn to preventing players building up there.
More clip work and model collision work based on community feedback.
Fixed BLU forward spawn door appearing through roof.
Updated PLR_Pipeline
Added new stairwell in Stage 1 and window access to both teams’ platforms by main choke point to help alleviate stalemates.
Reverted the starting position for the cart in Stage 3 if a team had won the first 2 stages to where you no longer get a big cart-start-position advantage.
Fixed rare cases where stage would break when cart had no nearby capper(s).
Fixed carts not always moving to their starting locations correctly.
Fixed respawn times in Stage 3 not being set to the proper values.
Fixed the map not finishing correctly in Stage 3 if the two teams capture the final point at the same time.
Removed sv_showhitboxes to avoid players confusing it with the method by which we do hit detection (see http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Multiplayer_Networking for info)

Cool. glad they fixed the gorge issue. I told engies on the server I play on that they are basically exploiting by building up there.

Now if they'd just stop engies building on the roof of gravelpit B and I'll be happy.

Blizzard

Banned
MrPing1000 said:
Cool. glad they fixed the gorge issue. I told engies on the server I play on that they are basically exploiting by building up there.

Now if they'd just stop engies building on the roof of gravelpit B and I'll be happy.
Yeah, poor Java will have no reason to timebomb people on gorge anymore. :lol

*edit* Thanks to artistdude, from http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561197961866946:
2hpr9lk.jpg

Scotsman Skullcutter? I assume the full images and whatnot will appear soon.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm...does that mean even BLU can't build up there after they cap the first point? Might be interesting if they have to jump down to cap and someone can just walk up and sap or snipe that tele entrance.

Top of B on Gpit has also gotta go...I've never seen a team take B after an engie is entrenched up there. Gorge, yes if they're sloppy, but not Gpit...

Javaman

perryfarrell said:
I can't connect to any server since today's update. It says:

Disconnect: Pure Server. Client has downloaded extra file: [GAME

WTF

Servers hadn't been updated yet.

It's quite annoying how they are rolling these updates out every day. Once a week I can deal with but it's a bitch to update the server sometimes and these aren't even game breaking bugs they are fixing.

commissar

Kuro Madoushi said:
Hmm...does that mean even BLU can't build up there after they cap the first point? Might be interesting if they have to jump down to cap and someone can just walk up and sap or snipe that tele entrance.
They've blocked building on the awnings, not the roof, so red can't build teles to get up there anymore, but blu will still be able to build there.

Javaman

new items, courtesy of the server log...

/orangebox\tf\maps\plr_pipeline.bsp
87.34% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\demo\demo_tricorne.dx90.vtx
87.34% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\demo\demo_tricorne.mdl
87.37% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\demo\demo_tricorne.phy
87.41% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\demo\demo_tricorne.vvd
87.41% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\engineer\engy_earphones.dx90.vtx
87.44% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\engineer\engy_earphones.mdl
87.48% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\engineer\engy_earphones.vvd
87.48% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\heavy\heavy_bandana.dx90.vtx
87.51% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\heavy\heavy_bandana.mdl
87.56% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\heavy\heavy_bandana.vvd
87.57% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\medic\medic_gatsby.dx90.vtx
87.57% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\medic\medic_gatsby.mdl
87.60% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\medic\medic_gatsby.phy
87.61% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\medic\medic_gatsby.vvd
87.61% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\medic\medic_goggles.dx90.vtx
87.61% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\medic\medic_goggles.mdl
87.64% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\medic\medic_goggles.phy
87.67% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\medic\medic_goggles.vvd
87.67% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\pyro\pyro_monocle.dx90.vtx
87.68% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\pyro\pyro_monocle.mdl
87.71% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\pyro\pyro_monocle.phy
87.73% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\pyro\pyro_monocle.vvd
87.73% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\pyro\pyro_pyrolean.dx90.vtx
87.73% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\pyro\pyro_pyrolean.mdl
87.77% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\pyro\pyro_pyrolean.phy
87.82% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\pyro\pyro_pyrolean.vvd
87.82% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\scout\scout_whoopee.dx90.vtx
87.82% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\scout\scout_whoopee.mdl
87.85% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\scout\scout_whoopee.phy
87.89% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\scout\scout_whoopee.vvd
87.90% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\sniper\sniper_fishinghat.dx90.vtx
87.90% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\sniper\sniper_fishinghat.mdl
87.93% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\sniper\sniper_fishinghat.phy
87.99% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\sniper\sniper_fishinghat.vvd
87.99% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\soldier\soldier_sargehat.dx90.vtx
87.99% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\soldier\soldier_sargehat.mdl
88.03% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\soldier\soldier_sargehat.phy
88.09% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\soldier\soldier_sargehat.vvd
88.09% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\spy\spy_beret.dx90.vtx
88.09% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\spy\spy_beret.mdl
88.13% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\spy\spy_beret.phy
88.16% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\spy\spy_beret.vvd
88.17% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_battleaxe\c_battleaxe.dx90.vtx
88.17% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_battleaxe\c_battleaxe.mdl
88.21% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_battleaxe\c_battleaxe.phy
88.40% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_battleaxe\c_battleaxe.vvd
88.40% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_wood_machete\c_wood_machete.dx90.vtx
88.40% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_wood_machete\c_wood_machete.mdl
88.44% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_wood_machete\c_wood_machete.phy
88.51% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_wood_machete\c_wood_machete.vvd
88.51% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_machete.dx90.vtx
88.55% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_machete.mdl
88.66% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_machete.vvd
88.67% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_sniper_animations.mdl

Sciz

Wonder if the new weapons have special recipes too.

edit:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4038/4625755868_cd5637bbcc_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4625150469_dbd0b87f1b_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/4625761832_796cb1b146_b.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3384/4625160449_3dfa75b3f6_b.jpg
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4186/gmflatgrass0000j.jpg

"TF_PyroMonocle" "Whiskered Gentleman"
"TF_MedicGoggles" "Ze Goggles"
"TF_MedicGoggles_Desc" "Nothing"
"TF_EngineerEarmuffs" "Safe'n'Sound"
"TF_DemomanTricorne" "Tippler's Tricorne"
"TF_SpyBeret" "Frenchman's Beret"
"TF_SniperFishingHat" "Bloke's Bucket Hat"
"TF_PyroHelm" "Vintage Merryweather"
"TF_SoldierDrillHat" "Sergeant's Drill Hat"
"TF_MedicGatsby" "Gentleman's Gatsby"
"TF_HeavyDorag" "Heavy Duty Rag"
"TF_ScoutWhoopee" "Whoopee Cap"

The Scotman's Skullcutter
Level 5 Axe
+20% Damage Done
15% Slower Move Speed on Wearer

The Tribalman's Shiv
Level 5 Kukri
On Hit: Bleed for 8 seconds
-35% damage done.

Jarate + Axetinguisher for the Skullcutter
Dead Ringer + Huntsman for the Shiv

Twig

Banned
Ignoring stupid shit bugs that cause problems for us, I like this trend of adding new community items every few weeks. Swell move, Valve. :3

Don't really play sniper so used my only huntsman and an extra bonk to make the shiv.

10 mins later. I find a shiv. Doh.

Still don't have gunboats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom