• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armitage

AHHH. I crafted the physician's mask and then found another one like 3 hours later. Anyone interested in trading for another medic hat or something else?

Javaman

Armitage said:
AHHH. I crafted the physician's mask and then found another one like 3 hours later. Anyone interested in trading for another medic hat or something else?

Trading hasn't been activated yet unfortunately.

Sibylus

Banned
Poured all my metals into the crafter and got a Medic's Mirror 15 minutes ago. All I need now is a mask to complete a badass costume.

Javaman

Does anyone have a cheat sheet for crafting? The only combo's I use are 3 of the same weapon or 3 from the same class. Are there any combinations you can use from multiple classes?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Javaman said:
Does anyone have a cheat sheet for crafting? The only combo's I use are 3 of the same weapon or 3 from the same class. Are there any combinations you can use from multiple classes?
http://www.tf2items.com/crafting/blueprints.php
Armitage said:
Oh. I honestly only figured out how crafting works like 3 days ago, guess I'm kinda behind with this stuff.
Save it and when you get another hat you don't want you can combine them to form ANOTHER RANDOM HAT.

Or hold it for trading.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Javaman said:

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Crafting

Slot tokens are really all you'll receive from combining items from various classes. Alas, it will always take quite a while to craft a hat. I've been fairly lucky with my hats, having crafted two, and having a few drops for others. I've had two duplicates, and I used those to craft one of the new Pyro hats.

rar

a tip: if about 4 people join the server (instead of that one that shall not be named) and send invites, it will fill up

but i am only 1, and i didnt invent cloning technologies yet!

Twig

Banned
rar said:
a tip: if about 4 people join the server (instead of that one that shall not be named) and send invites, it will fill up

let's go bro

e: shit, update? or is it buggin' out on me?

e^2: yup?
Team Fortress 2
- Fixed a missing localization string
- Fixed an issue where Linux dedicated servers would not automatically retrieve master server addresses
supposedly 34.2 meg... for that

tehehe

Salsa

Played for a few minutes on the GAF server with 250+ ping and it just made me sad that i just cant play with that kind of ping :( fucking sucks.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
rar said:

ME?! WAT?! D:

Sigh...man you guys always catch on too quick...I go spy, you spycheck, I use ninja sentries, you note their locations...gonna have to go demoman and make sticky traps! >:/

commissar

^^ lol kuro's got to work for it :p

SalsaShark said:
Played for a few minutes on the GAF server with 250+ ping and it just made me sad that i just cant play with that kind of ping :( fucking sucks.
It just means you can't play pyro, natascha is your best friend, and you will NOT be able to melee.
It's just like playing on 56k! Only this time with voice :>

n0b

Kuro Madoushi said:
ME?! WAT?! D:

Sigh...man you guys always catch on too quick...I go spy, you spycheck, I use ninja sentries, you note their locations...gonna have to go demoman and make sticky traps! >:/

Stop using gimmicks and learn to play. :O

Proven

Kuro Madoushi said:
:'( But I 'play' medic...

I have a similar problem. Pyro, Medic, Engy are my favorite classes in that order. But then I had to learn Soldier for the times when I can't go Pyro but need to blow something up, and it was the Buff Banner that made it bearable. And then Heavy instead of Engy while using Natasha.

The only thing that couldn't be replaced was Medic, so now four of my classes are sitting in the 30-40 hour played mark, while Medic is over 70. Somehow, though, I still have most points with Medic, Engy, and Pyro in that order.

SalsaShark said:

For a few minutes? Unplayable ping? Who was it that killed me half a dozen times?

In other news, I really, really want to start recording again, but tf2 is crashing due to lack of memory while playing normally, which tells me recording is impossible unless I do it at very low qualities and for clips at a time. Last night had three perfect examples for my "Why I love the Buff Banner" series too. Le sigh. Thanks again to Yasae for the kritzkreigs.

Also, I'm checking now and somehow I still don't have the S*M*A*S*H achievement, despite all of that. I must have blown up some buildings I didn't see instead of people...

Salsa

Proven said:
For a few minutes? Unplayable ping? Who was it that killed me half a dozen times?

Yeah i was able to get a couple of backstabs, mostly to heavys and slow classes. But believe me, it was a pain in the ass and really unplayable, ive played in servers 150- just fine, but 250+ its a little too much.

Ultimatum

Banned
lol Boonoo I've never played with a ping below 100 on the server. That's why I don't play sniper too much. I only just manage to play scout. Although sometimes that too can be really annoying.

My talent prevails though. Lag can't stop me.

I have exams soon... May not play that much anymore. This will last until 18th June x_x Add on a few nights of excessive drinking, and it totals up to be not playing much for almost 6 weeks :( At least it gives you guys time to improve <3

Yasae

Banned
Boonoo said:
For me it's gotten to where anything over 100 isn't really worth playing.

I got a new card and TF2 is pretty again!
This is why I can hardly play sniper. Every other class has enough lean in detection that it balances out for the most part. Sniper at higher pings can give you one bad detect after another, over and over and over.

Twig

Banned
I wonder how long it takes for Kuro to realize he wasn't the first to come up with the idea of only building level 1 sentries in devious places.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Learning from Master n0b! Maybe I should go back to being spah!

I was on the FFN servers today...for some reason I have a reputation there as a spah!?

"Oh no! It's Kuro! Everyone start spy checking!" :p I didn't even micspam on that server like I do on F7 and GAF... :(

Since the weekend I've been getting 50 choke anytime anything significant happens. If I'm standing in spawn it's 0-10.

My ping is 50-70
My loss is zero
Windows 7 64bit
I've tried different values for rate, cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate without success.

I've tried the fps fix and the lag registry fix. Neither did anything.

IT doesn't happen in L4D2 or CS:S.

So whats going on?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Steam on Mac is here. A shame about no Team Fortress 2 quite yet. I was looking forward to getting in an extra hour per day at lunch!

Twig

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Damn! There was a stealth update today, but not a huge engie update as far as I can tell...

Hopefully, later today?
wat

you don't actually expect it to happen without the usual countdown, do you?

besides i'm sure they'll want to do some sort of event like they did with the soldier vs. demo thing - they said it really helped a lot in getting people back into the game, etc.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Edit 3:
Kritzkrieg + Bonk! = Crit-a-Cola......................Credit to Segab (confirmed)
Charge 'n Targe + Razorback = Gunboats......Credit to Cryefer (confirmed)
Sandvich + Bonk! = Dakolah's Bar..................Credit to Cryefer (confirmed)
Equalizer + Eyelander = Homewrecker...........Credit to psiwarp (confirmed)
Batter's Helmet + 2 Bonks! = Bonk Helmet.....Credit to mastercannon (confirmed)
Sandman + Scrap Metal = Pain Train..............Credit to Duffren (confirmed)
Woo critcola time

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The lower requirements for crafting metal is great; a shame I craft almost everything immediately. Pain Train, here I come though!

Acidote

WTF, I just opened Steam and in my recent achievements for TF2, the last one was Race for the Penant. And I never did that achievement.

So I open TF2, and as soon as I open it and before joining any server, I receive the message of achivement unlocked, WTF?

I'm gonna check my history right now.

Edit:
Today
You achieved Team Fortress 2: Race for the Pennant.

I haven't played today yet :lol

Javaman

Acidote said:
WTF, I just opened Steam and in my recent achievements for TF2, the last one was Race for the Penant. And I never did that achievement.

So I open TF2, and as soon as I open it and before joining any server, I receive the message of achivement unlocked, WTF?

I'm gonna check my history right now.

Edit:
Today
You achieved Team Fortress 2: Race for the Pennant.

I haven't played today yet :lol

One of the fixes was for achievements that you've earned but hadn't been awarded yet.

Boonoo

Ha, loving the new metal crafting. I hadn't crafted a single item since my last hat (right before the switch to drop rate). I was able to get up to 2 and a half refined metal in one go!

I did accidentally get rid of my equalizer, though D:

rar

Boonoo said:
Ha, loving the new metal crafting. I hadn't crafted a single item since my last hat (right before the switch to drop rate). I was able to get up to 2 and a half refined metal in one go!

shovel is better you can dig holes!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Boonoo said:

I once crafted my last Jarate by mistake, and it took three weeks to find another one. ;_;

Reckoner

Can anyone recommend me some good servers for Tf2? Because the private servers I usually play are always empty during my day time.

Thanks.

Boonoo

rar said:
shovel is better you can dig holes!

Ha! It's always sad when I whip it out hoping to run away but I can't D:
I have to turn around and shovel them to death.

My fondest memory of soldier was during the first couple hours I started playing him. I got cornered in the AB tunnel in gpit by two scouts. We had fought all the way from AC. I had spent all my rockets, so as they moved in for the kill I whipped out my shovel and killed both in a couple of wild, fear driven swings.

I once crafted my last Jarate by mistake, and it took three weeks to find another one. ;_;

Yeah, such a pain. I finally found another bonk after crafting it away. And now I need another, plus another kritzkrieg to get that critacola.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom