• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
sw33tclyde said:
You and your F7 friends make me cry Kuro. The scores on your team were all like 75+ and the highest we had was like 40 something. :(
I think I posted this a while back, but since you mention it...I agree, those F7 people are such stackers. There's nothing one can do! :D
cp_steel000829oe.jpg

Of course my team had F7 too so it doesn't count. :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
sw33tclyde said:
You and your F7 friends make me cry Kuro. The scores on your team were all like 75+ and the highest we had was like 40 something. :(

Nah. I think one player had over 75 and that was Zate. Zate's a freakin beast. He plays on an ESEA Open team; he's a mid-level player playing against (no offense cause I'm one too) scrubs. Since I'm used to playing comp, and know what he expects, the other team didn't stand a chance. Oh, and to make you whimper as well, demo isn't his best class...it's solly...he's scary good :( Soooooo, I asked him why he goes demo on pugs, and he said that he could cause more damage potential as a demo

Man...I'm really trying not to make this sound like I'm pro or anything, but basically, ANYONE who knows even a little bit of what to do as med is going to destroy the other team with Zate. It also helps that he knows how to protect a medic

I was actually going to go on the opposite (losing) team and try to snipe him since there was no way in hell that I was going to take him out even 3-1 or go to the GAF server, but I like pocketing him since I'm always asking him and his other teammate, Jewbagel, on how to be a better med. Got some really good pointers tonight actually. :D I ask those two tons of questions on what to do during what circumstances.

This is why I said earlier that medic is the toughest position to play. Tons of pressure: you're giving everyone the buff, while dodging spam, AND looking at how many people are left on the other team, AND trying to keep track of the other team's medic charge, AND keeping your position good so that you don't get sniped or hit with kritz, AND knowing when to pop your uber, etc etc etc. It's not like I can go on a server to practice air shots or DM with other top players to practice; you can only practice dodging and running away. Because a solly or scout who are equal skill with a medic is GOING to take that medic out. Otherwise, it's a LOT of knowing what to do in what situation and making sure your dumbass team is listening. This is all while your team can be giving you shit for either not doing your job or giving you shit because they think they know what they're doing when they're not.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Don't think I can make it this weekend. If you need someone and I'm on Steam ping me though, I can play whatever.

Also what makes a good soldier? I think I'm a pretty good one, but I can't airshot very well.
I think I understand the game decently enough, but I'm sure there's some 4 page comp guide to playing soldier (besides that old introduction to competitive TF2 article).

Halp Kuro

Boonoo

Hazaro said:
Don't think I can make it this weekend. If you need someone and I'm on Steam ping me though, I can play whatever.

Also what makes a good soldier? I think I'm a pretty good one, but I can't airshot very well.
I think I understand the game decently enough, but I'm sure there's some 4 page comp guide to playing soldier (besides that old introduction to competitive TF2 article).

Halp Kuro

There's this article from last year that's still pretty good. There's also a comp soldier round table on commft (the site is down right now). The round table is especially nice.

Comp and pub soldier are two completely different animals. The first thing you have to know for comp is how to make your jumps. If you can't get around the levels quickly and efficiently you're more or less dead weight. This goes for both pocket and roam.

At the beginning (of comp) learning your jumps and being a presence in the right place at the right time is more important than being able to juggle someone. Don't get me wrong, though, being able to place shots is important. 9 times out of 10 the soldier is going to get the Uber because he has the mobility and power to push the other team back. As a soldier you need to be able to capitalize on your ubers.

Also, learn to use your shotgun. Don't waste a rocket on someone if a shotgun will finish them off.

Pub soldier is easy, suck up kritz and ubers and make sweet kills. Really try and steal medics from those greedy heavies (I don't know what it is with pub medics, but they latch onto heavies like there's no tomorrow). Medics need to learn that soldiers can protect them better than any other class, so when you get a medic on you treat him right and protect him. Always remember that you're pocketing the medic, not the reverse.

If you're looking to improve your straight soldier killing skills there's nothing better than the SOAP DM servers.
This goes for Scouts and Demos as well. A couple hours in here is worth 10 in pub games.
This is the one I jump in most.
208.100.17.253:27015

Note that I almost never play comp soldier, maybe 5 or 10 rounds at most. I used to play it plenty often in pubs, though--and I still tend to rage soldier every now and then.

Kuro might have some more comp soldier insight as he deals with them (as medic) far more than I do.

That roundtable, though, is probably your best bet.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Boonoo said:
Pub soldier is easy, suck up kritz and ubers and make sweet kills. Really try and steal medics from those greedy heavies (I don't know what it is with pub medics, but they latch onto heavies like there's no tomorrow). Medics need to learn that soldiers can protect them better than any other class, so when you get a medic on you treat him right and protect him. Always remember that you're pocketing the medic, not the reverse.

Of course, Soldiers on Pubs have a horrible habit of rocket jumping away when they're the only class around for the Medic (ie; Harvest spawn, or point B on Gravel Pit, Soldier rocket jumps onto roof immediately, leaving Medic to die to incoming Scouts).

There are also many Buff Banner Soldiers without a shotgun, and they're not as versatile at protecting a Medic against a hoard of enemies rather than one, or two. And Ubering a standard Buff/Rocket Launcher soldier will likely be inferior to a Demoman, or even a Pyro/Heavy when it comes to taking down a sentry in some cases. Direct Hit being the exception.

So, unless I'm familiar with the soldier I'm playing with, I'm always a bit wary. There's a ton of Pub soldiers that can't even take advantage of Krtiz!

/rant

Blizzard

Banned
EvilMario said:
Of course, Soldiers on Pubs have a horrible habit of rocket jumping away when they're the only class around for the Medic (ie; Harvest spawn, or point B on Gravel Pit, Soldier rocket jumps onto roof immediately, leaving Medic to die to incoming Scouts).

There are also many Buff Banner Soldiers without a shotgun, and they're not as versatile at protecting a Medic against a hoard of enemies rather than one, or two. And Ubering a standard Buff/Rocket Launcher soldier will likely be inferior to a Demoman, or even a Pyro/Heavy when it comes to taking down a sentry in some cases. Direct Hit being the exception.

So, unless I'm familiar with the soldier I'm playing with, I'm always a bit wary. There's a ton of Pub soldiers that can't even take advantage of Krtiz!

/rant
That's pretty much all accurate (especially the rocket-jumping away part, and I've probably done that myself D:), not to mention direct hit soldiers that are almost certainly a waste of kritz unless they're the most amazing shot in the world. A good soldier can no doubt be good as said, but in general the random heavy is much more likely to stick around the medic, I'd guess. They were SUPPOSED to work well together, and they're decent at it even if no one plays heavy competitively.

commissar said:
oh looks like I'll miss out on this tourney thing this weekend. probably for the best with my latency haha. have fun ya'll :>
I'll miss you shooting me in the head (or playing fists-only melee heavy). :D

By the way, the most recent thing to blow my mind -- Java informed me that teammates reloading their weapons doesn't use any metal from an engineer dispenser. If you're an engineer reloading your own weapons, does that not use it either? I guess I always assumed that for some reason it sucked metal, and that having like three people firing flamethrowers/heavy guns off of your dispenser when you were trying to build it made it slower. It SEEMED that way at least. My world is turned on its head now!

In other news, "random" STILL puts you automatically on BLU, at least on Java's server, when the teams are balanced.

Javaman

Blizzard said:
That's pretty much all accurate (especially the rocket-jumping away part, and I've probably done that myself D:), not to mention direct hit soldiers that are almost certainly a waste of kritz unless they're the most amazing shot in the world. A good soldier can no doubt be good as said, but in general the random heavy is much more likely to stick around the medic, I'd guess. They were SUPPOSED to work well together, and they're decent at it even if no one plays heavy competitively.

I'll miss you shooting me in the head (or playing fists-only melee heavy). :D

By the way, the most recent thing to blow my mind -- Java informed me that teammates reloading their weapons doesn't use any metal from an engineer dispenser. If you're an engineer reloading your own weapons, does that not use it either? I guess I always assumed that for some reason it sucked metal, and that having like three people firing flamethrowers/heavy guns off of your dispenser when you were trying to build it made it slower. It SEEMED that way at least. My world is turned on its head now!

In other news, "random" STILL puts you automatically on BLU, at least on Java's server, when the teams are balanced.

Bliz, I'm pretty sure that that is the case for EVERY server.

1. Javaman | Eng/Medic | Weekdays after 10PM, Weekend afternoon+
2. sw33tclyde | Soldier/Pyro | anytime
3. Twig | ? | anytime
4. Evilmario | Medic / Heavy | 7pm EST most weekdays and weekends
5. Toxic Punch | Soldier | anytime
6. fallengorn | Soldier | any night past 8pm, with (day or two) heads up
7. Blizzard | heavy/pyro | weekend, but not late Saturday night
8. Trouble | Soldier/Heavy | Weekdays after 10PM, Most weekend afternoons
9. ReRixo | Any class except pyro, sniper, and engineer | weekends
10. Boonoo | Scout/Soldier | Anytime
11. Schmattakopf | ? | ?
12. Cheeto | ? | ?
13. Dog Chasing Cars | Heavy | After 5PM
14. Kuro | ? | ?
15. Remy | Scout, Pyro, Heavy | 9PM-midnight EST most nights
16. MoTheHawk | Any class (but not Engy or Heavy, preferrably) | Noon CST onward
17. Squash@#$@# | ? | Weeknights
18. Chopperdave/medic-soldier/after 7pm EST

Sciz

Blizzard said:
Er, yeah. Ammo and metal are completely discrete entities when it comes to dispensers.

And I get randomed to RED every once in a while, but that's probably just because someone joins BLU at the exact same moment.

Boonoo

EvilMario said:

/rant

You do make some good points about the fickle nature of pub game soldier. A few things, though.

Jumping away early on is usually an indication that the soldier isn't looking to pocket; sometimes you feel like it sometimes you don't, and getting a health buff and jumping in the first few seconds of the game is quite a bit different than jumping to safety while your medic is under fire. The first I think is fine (and something I've taken to doing if I don't think a medic is going to stick around), the second is trouble.

And that a heavy can't escape his medic partner doesn't mean that he can't do dumb shit either. There are plenty of heavies that are just wastes of space, and that they don't get their medic killed doesn't mean they aren't wasting him either.

A shotgun soldier is ideal as far as protecting a medic is concerned, but weapon switching is a problem for most classes (demomen especially--sometimes its hard to find one with stickies to take a sentry down with). As far as sentry take downs are concerned I'd say that a vanilla demo is always preferable no matter the situation. Soldier or heavy are a bit more situationally constrained.

For standard pushes, though, I'd still pick a soldier over a heavy since once the uber's over the soldier medic pair has a better chance of getting away alive (provided that the soldier knows what he's doing, but really all of this is provided the class knows what he's doing. If you're dealing with lowest common denominators the heavy is the safer choice, but who wants to deal with lowest common denominators.)

Blizzard said:

Yeah, but why would you ever kritz a DH soldier, a sword shield demo, or uber a natasha heavy. It's not so much about no one playing heavy competitively (you do see them pop up now and again, though) as it is about medics ignoring soldiers at the top of the kill list for any old heavy because it's easier to hide behind the big lump than it is to play with a soldier or demo. Demo's are a ton of fun to medic; it's a little dicey, but boy do they rack up the kills.

I suppose in the end I just get annoyed like you wouldn't believe by the overflow of heavies I've been seeing lately. It's frustrating to be diligently building an uber with a medic (another good thing about soldiers is that they can help you charge faster) only to have him ditch me for the first bottom fragging heavy he sees.

Ha, I had no idea about the ammo metal thing. I always tried to shy away from dispensers when someone was still building.

Oh! The round table is back up.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
It's been so long since I last remembered about Ubering a Heavy in a pub server. Usually I would only bother doing it if the player was technically good and I simply wanted to create some sense of distance between the cart/last cap and the opposition.

firex

Is the direct hit any good? It honestly sounds like what I wanted the rocket launcher to be (more like a quake rocket launcher) but I know so far Valve has screwed up a lot of the unlocks at first.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
firex said:
Is the direct hit any good? It honestly sounds like what I wanted the rocket launcher to be (more like a quake rocket launcher) but I know so far Valve has screwed up a lot of the unlocks at first.
If you're good with it (it's tough, at least for me to get any good hits), and your team doesn't have a Kritzkrieg, then yeah, it's good stuff.

Blizzard

Banned
firex said:
I think people originally complained about it being overpowered so yeah, it's decent if you're a really good shot. It has very little splash damage though, and they changed the airshot bonus thing so that it only gets minicrit bonus damage if people are knocked into the air from explosions. Previously it would do (mini?)crit damage for anyone who was in the air, great for making people regret bunny-hopping around the map. Rocket jumps are still similar to the other launcher, I think. It's probably best against heavies and sentries (it can take out a sentry in two shots if no one is repairing it).

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
firex said:
When it mini crit anyone in the air (even while jumping) for 131 is was overpowered.

Now so its just another option. In almost every case the normal rocket launcher is the better option, but you can pull off slightly faster kills with it (provided you can airshot). You also have a bonus of 1 shotting lower classes at close range.

I have fun with both.

Javaman

firex said:

I suck with it against people, but I use it all the time to get rid of an entrenched engineer with his sentry. You can take out 2 level 3 sentries without reloading unless the engineer is constantly pounding on it. Even if he is, he'll eventually have to go get some metal.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hazaro said:

Halp Kuro

Whaddya asking me for? I suck as a solly. Take everything boonoo said and add this to it.

What do you want to do? Pocket soldier or roam?

If you're a pocket soldier, your main activity is to provide spam support, protect your medic, commit suicide to force a popped uber on the other med, jump lone enemies, and above all else PROTECT YOUR MEDIC! It's in one's nature to protect oneself, BUT you'll be doing the huge team a favour by saving your medic at the cost of your own life. It's really a time thing cause if you're waiting for an uber to push...well...a fucking soldier can't uber, only a medic can. It's the worst in the world when I'm at 90% and the solly goes and does something stupid that leaves me alone to get killed and then I have to wait for spawn and charge up again. Jumping away is fine IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES. If the enemy is lacking in numbers and there's one straggler, fine go kill him. If you're at even numbers don't. No...DON'T! Don't jump up away for a better look. Don't jump someoone for better spam support. Your medic pushes your team. You leave him for one second and in the 4 seconds it takes for you to get back to him, he can easily die. The other thing I see is a lot of sollys avoid shots from scouts while I'm healing them...honestly...you're likely not going to die if a medic is healing you. TAKE THOSE FUCKING SHOTS SO I DON'T GET SHOT. Worst was when I had one scout on me. He wasn't particularly good, but when MY OTHER 3 DUMBASS TEAMMATES DON'T PROTECT ME then I die...then they got on MY case cause I died...well gee...why didn't one of you three motherfuckers kill him OR BLOCK HIS SHOTS! Man...medic rage...

If you're a roaming soldier, the best thing to do is stay within your boundaries. I've seen a lot of roamers get way too far extended and die cause they were too anxious to get ahead (pub mentality). There's also no reason a medic wouldn't buff you 'before' you jump, but again, they either jump too far ahead or don't spam medic when I'm around. Pet believes I should be more aware, which is what I'm working on, but it's still nice to have a reminder that you're coming towards me and from WHERE so I know to point in that direction (BOONOO THAT GOES FOR YOU AS WELL!). Other things to work on...if the pocket soldier dies, I'd say get back to the medic ASAP. He may not have anyone to protect him...no...DON'T go for their med or pick off a scout and be l33t, PROTECT YOUR FUCKING MED. Additionally, if he's calling for help, say a scout or solly is on him, it's YOUR FUCKING JOB to get back and collapse in on the medic with the pocket so that he's protected. If there is one enemy on your medic, then one of the other tards aren't doing their jobs (ideally, you'll have eyes on everyone and pick your target).

In general, I'd prefer to have the roamer up top and pocket someone around a corner providing spam support. If you notice, it's hard as hell to get any decent damage shooting upwards, but as a solly shooting down, you have a clear angle, ample area to dodge, AND more splash damage potential, whereas the guy underneath may just fire his rocket into the sky.

Slightly more advanced, and not really related to pugs, but if a soldier is jumping your medic, your pocket or roamer HAS to tell you as soon as possible! I get so pissed when people blame me for dying after they tell me the other soldier has jumped...AFTER HE'S JUMPED! Talking to some veterans, the soldiers should be aware of when the other soldier is going to jump and to come and try to protect the med.

Also more advanced, this is something I'm still working on myself. If I tell my sollys I'm going to uber, the team should get closer to me so that I can give everyone a bit of invuls while they're attacking. The other players need to keep in mind that I might back out if we're simply not doing enough damage. Some specs I've seen of really high level teams...wow...they pop in, split the uber amongst 3-4 people, and if they can kill enough, they win. If they can't they ALL get back to safety...wow...that is some serious skill.

So basically, communication, height advantage, positioning, and timing are critical. Again, if you want to get better in general, then go to a DM server. Sure, airshotting is nice, but if you want to excel, you have to take the intangibles that I've just provided into account. Right, AND PROTECT YOUR FUCKING MEDIC. Remember my Zate example? Well, he and Jewbagel don't get to the top of the scoreboard simply on their own. They (especially Jewbagel since he plays med) PROTECT THEIR MEDIC because the medic KEEPS THEM ALIVE LONGER AND GIVES THEM HIGHER OVERALL HEALTH.

Boonoo

Kuro Madoushi said:
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

Some good stuff in here. One thing for medics. If a scout it on you be sure to run inside your soldier, never away from him ;D

You're right about treating your medic well and letting him know what's going on. The biggest thing you have to do is start thinking that you're pocketing the medic, not the reverse.

I found goddamn baseball bill's sports shine again. Those soulless eyes burn right into my skull.

Blizzard

Banned
speculawyer said:
So . . . if I play soldier, I should ignore and runaway from my Medic, right?
Boonoo got me into one of the tf2lobby thingies today, and my conclusion was yes, soldiers rocket jump away from the medic. :lol

The game mostly consisted of one soldier doing all the directing and being like "okay other soldier, you pocket the medic", upon which the other soldier would run away. We won in the end and I think I topped the scoreboard (medics always do etc. etc.), but it sure is hard to stay alive. *edit* Their medic got higher than me I guess. =( http://i50.tinypic.com/2dj3x40.jpg

Boonoo

Blizzard said:
Boonoo got me into one of the tf2lobby thingies today, and my conclusion was yes, soldiers rocket jump away from the medic. :lol

The game mostly consisted of one soldier doing all the directing and being like "okay other soldier, you pocket the medic", upon which the other soldier would run away. We won in the end and I think I topped the scoreboard (medics always do etc. etc.), but it sure is hard to stay alive.

Yeah, it was fun. Blizzard did really well especially for playing his first 6v6 game as a medic. Those soldiers were jumping like nobodies business the whole game.

Trouble said:
Man, you guys and your strategery. I just shoot at people and try not to die all the time. :lol
Yeah, that is me pretty much.

And sometimes I don't even do that. If I can get my Pyro back behind enemy lines, I just go on a suicide rampage with my BackBurner. If I kill one guy, that is break even. If I kill more than one, I feel I came out ahead.

What is this 'pocket' you speak of?

And that Scout. I just don't get him. His purpose seems to be to steal intelligence since he runs fast, be the dick that destroys teleporter entrances, and capture control points since he counts as 2X. Other than that, he is pretty useless . . . . at least when I'm controlling him. :lol

rar

kuro youre silly. a pocket soldier has to jump to properly protect their medic, and if you die for the 4 seconds hes away its because either you or him have the awareness of a rock or any another inanimate object

Remy

speculawyer said:
And that Scout. I just don't get him. His purpose seems to be to steal intelligence since he runs fast, be the dick that destroys teleporter entrances, and capture control points since he counts as 2X. Other than that, he is pretty useless . . . . at least when I'm controlling him. :lol

So other than two things that happen to be critical to winning CTF, CP, TC, PL, KOTH, and PLR matches, he's worthless? :lol

Speaking as one of the few people here who default to Scout: beyond the benefits to actually finishing the objectives, Scouts are great as distractions (especially with a can of Bonk), and are pretty lethal if you can flank, get up close and let the scattergun or FAN fly.

But being a Scout is tough: you are going to get lit up a lot (I find sentries nearly impossible to deal with), and your K/D ratio is probably going to suck. I have been known to carry five dominations against me because I'm too focused on pushing the freakin' cart.

Remy said:
So other than two things that happen to be critical to winning CTF, CP, TC, PL, KOTH, and PLR matches, he's worthless? :lol
Actually . . . under my control, he is worthless at those things too. :D

I guess the double-jump is pretty cool since it lets you get to difficult places. I used that effectively on one map to sneak up behind the other team. But then I walked right up behind a Medic and shot him with the Force-a-Nature a couple times and it didn't kill him. By then, his pal turned around and killed me.

I guess you need to get good at the dance of the scout where you bounce around so the other guy can't get you and then you occasional run-up and give a shot from the scattergun. But that seems pretty hard.

But yeah . . . I guess his purpose really is to win games by capturing intelligence & capture points. That scout-camped-on-final-capture-point trick seems to win a lot of capture point games.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
rar said:
kuro youre silly. a pocket soldier has to jump to properly protect their medic, and if you die for the 4 seconds hes away its because either you or him have the awareness of a rock or any another inanimate object

Jump, yes. Jump AWAY...no...

Well, our pocket soldier is new at pocketing. Whaddya want me to say? When I play with experienced pockets on tf2lobby (rarely) the REALLY good ones, I don't even have to use my mic, they just KNOW.

Situation was on Gullywash. I ubered into them, we were cleaning up, but a demo and his medic were on point. My pocket, instead of going out with me or staying with me, jumps up and out to provide support for the roamer, who didn't need it take out one scout. Demoman sees this, fucks me up. And I did have awareness, which was from my 'where the fuck are you going?!' responded with 'I'll be back in a sec'.

Blizzard

Banned
I set the AA mode on my 5850 to adaptive multi-sample AA instead of just multi-sample AA because Mirror's Edge looked better that way, and it didn't seem to lose much performance. TF2 in WINDOWED mode seemed to drop to like 25-35 instead of 50-60 fps though...any idea why, and do I have any choice but to change back and forth depending on which game I'm playing? Or did I just get unlucky because lots of action was on the screen?

Boonoo

Kuro Madoushi said:
Situation was on Gullywash. I ubered into them, we were cleaning up, but a demo and his medic were on point. My pocket, instead of going out with me or staying with me, jumps up and out to provide support for the roamer, who didn't need it take out one scout. Demoman sees this, fucks me up. And I did have awareness, which was from my 'where the fuck are you going?!' responded with 'I'll be back in a sec'.

Sounds like a communication problem. ͼ__ͽ
Keep those channels clear! Relevant data only!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Boonoo said:
Sounds like a communication problem. ͼ__ͽ
Keep those channels clear! Relevant date only!

Oh sure, YOU'RE one to talk :p Mr. AC blowing in the background! >:/

Argh...! I still can't get used to that avatar of yoursssssss Z_z

Yasae

Banned
Alright that's too many shots at 120 or over for me to chalk everything up to lag. I was getting hit for fucking 130 from one shot from a fucking FAN. Give me a fucking break.

Either my game's skipping whole animations or there are some cheats around. I've only kept my eye on three or four people since I started playing last year, but they keep coming up with nutso crazy damage numbers all the time. It ain't skill and it ain't lag, dadgummit.

Thankfully they aren't anyone on NeoGAF.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Maybe your computer doesn't like letting you know you are being hit by mini crits?
I dunno.

As for scouts their damage output + mobility is absolutely ridiculous. I can attest to this and I'm sure Boonoo can. I had a few days where I completely wrecked with Scout, it's just crazy what you can do.

Maybe I'll join one of those PUG's when my aim is good. I was playing on a random badwater server today and there was a gunboats soldier jumping all over the damn map and topping the scoreboard. I tried to go direct hit and snipe him, didn't work so well :lol

Yasae

Banned
Hazaro said:
Maybe your computer doesn't like letting you know you are being hit by mini crits?
I dunno.

As for scouts their damage output + mobility is absolutely ridiculous. I can attest to this and I'm sure Boonoo can. I had a few days where I completely wrecked with Scout, it's just crazy what you can do.

Maybe I'll join one of those PUG's when my aim is good. I was playing on a random badwater server today and there was a gunboats soldier jumping all over the damn map and topping the scoreboard. I tried to go direct hit and snipe him, didn't work so well :lol
That's a LOT of fucking mini crits for it to be missing.

I know better than that. There are a (very low number) of cheats around. Their damage output is beyond comprehension. There's good and then there's impossible - it's not a small difference, it's glaring. There have also been obvious cheats on VAC-secured servers, usually speed hacks, so it's not like the system is fool proof.

EDIT: I've played against Boonoo as a scout, and he's very good. Never once has he pulled off crazy numbers. Is that merely a coincidence? Is it odd that he doesn't hit beyond what it normally possible?

No. He just doesn't cheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom