• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

CSS got released on Mac.

They released an update for all Mac games Or something

steamforums said:
Okay i found out.

CSS has just gone to MAC,
and a new update which allows smoother games has been sent through all of Valves MAC games

rass

I played on "balloon race" with some randoms last night and it was awesome. 10 vs 10. I think it was the first custom map I've played in 160 hours haha

Blizzard

Banned
Orellio said:
balloon race is awful. AWFUL.
Playing midnight marble madness with no gravity on balloon race is kinda fun, though the moving ballons make everything bounce horribly. :( It's a pity they couldn't do a trick like on convoy, where everything is perfectly smooth since presumably they're just scrolling the ground past the level instead of vice versa.

Oreoleo

there's usually one guy on the other team who knows how to get past the invisible wall during setup and kill the rest of the team so one balloon gets ahead at the beginning and the other team can never catch up. stupid.

Blizzard

Banned
Orellio said:
there's usually one guy on the other team who knows how to get past the invisible wall during setup and kill the rest of the team so one balloon gets ahead at the beginning and the other team can never catch up. stupid.
I guess I view that map as just crazy silly playing around, especially with low gravity. I will agree that it's probably not a good super competitive map. :lol

rass

haha so much hate :(
I had fun. The fun more came from trying to knock people off their balloon though. I couldn't play it all the time though.

then again, I enjoy 2fort for it's sheer ridiculousness.

Oreoleo

Blizzard said:
I guess I view that map as just crazy silly playing around, especially with low gravity. I will agree that it's probably not a good super competitive map. :lol

I guess you're right that maybe I'm thinking about it a bit too critically from a "balanced" standpoint but I'd at least like to make a game of it, you know?

rass said:
then again, I enjoy 2fort for it's sheer ridiculousness.

but 2fort is awesome

commissar

Hazaro said:
How far are you on Pyromancer :/

I got my medic 1,000,000 like months ago and am like 500,000 on Pyro
Don't talk to me about pyromancer ;-;
I reset my stats about a year ago without realising the result.
I'm at 500,000. again

Twig

Banned
Orellio said:
I guess you're right that maybe I'm thinking about it a bit too critically from a "balanced" standpoint but I'd at least like to make a game of it, you know?
i think it's safe to say that we gaffers could make it a game instead of a cheatfest

...probably
but 2fort is awesome
????????????????????????????????????????

Yasae said:
Because there needs to be an accountant off to the side of the score board making adjustments for all the crap that happens.

Sideswipe? THIRTY DEMERITS.
i have to be honest

i don't even remember why i said that or what you're saying here

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
commissar said:
Don't talk to me about pyromancer ;-;
I reset my stats about a year ago without realising the result.
I'm at 500,000. again
I did this too :(

Pyromancer feels like its not moving one bit :(

Yasae

Banned
enzo_gt said:

O6m72.gif

I feel dirty watching this GIF for some reason....

Oreoleo

enzo_gt said:

Thirded. It's been about 8 months and I'm about 25% of the way there :\

Twig said:
????????????????????????????????????????

Aside from obviously being WAY too easy to defend with a wall of engineers, there is a lot of area-to-area variety that allows each class to be really effective. A simpler way to put that is it's fun AND useful to be every class on 2fort. Can't say that about too many maps, really.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
enzo_gt said:
:lol

Has anyone else here been playing forever and haven't got their first hat drop yet? :'(

700 hours, I have 12 hats. Three from crafting, two from events, and the rest are random drops.

enzo_gt said:
:lol

Has anyone else here been playing forever and haven't got their first hat drop yet? :'(

How long is forever? I'm right under 40 hours without one, but I suppose that isn't much time compared to most of you gents.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
sw33tclyde said:
How long is forever? I'm right under 40 hours without one, but I suppose that isn't much time compared to most of you gents.
57 hours and no hats. Though I think they introduced hats a wee bit after i started playing.

Did a quick 700/57 = 12.2807017543859649122807017543
Means I deserve my first hat soon, valve :(

Truly is turning into Hat Fortress for me :lol

SyNapSe

rar said:
adblock was created for the sole purpose of hiding boonoo's avatar

is there some way to block people's avatars while not blocking the neogaf ads? I have adblock off for neogaf so they make money but then I can't figure out how to block crazy avatars

rar

SyNapSe said:
is there some way to block people's avatars while not blocking the neogaf ads? I have adblock off for neogaf so they make money but then I can't figure out how to block crazy avatars

i just right click and select "Adblock Plus: Block Image"

Blizzard

Banned
ACHIEVEMENT RAGE. I have every sniper achievement besides the "top the scoreboard ten times on a team with six or more players" one, and that's 5/10. After topping the scoreboard in two different levels playing both huntsman sniper one round and rifle sniper the other round, I'm still at 5/10. ;___;

you know I think I love being a poor sport more than winning sometimes.

my current fav line is: "Did sportsmanship win WW2? No it didn't, nuking women and children did"

that gets all kinds of fun chat going :D

Yeah, the movie falters at a few points truthfully, and the ending's weak, but it has a few good moments. And I think that's actually a Pyro weapon skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom