• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Ultimatum said:
So... When is the next scrimmage/event?

Nobody is ever on the server whenever I check :( I swear you guys have decided to play even later
Javaman was abducted by aliens this weekend, and everyone else gave up on the server.

Sciz

I just burn out on online multiplayer every so often and take the opportunity to kick back with other games and entertainment. The big updates usually draw me back though.

Ultimatum

Banned
I've been semi-burnt out on tf2 for a long time. I can't play for hours upon hours any more. Only time I exceed an hour of play if on the gaf server. I really need a new multiplayer game to play, but can't find anything :/ maybe l4d2 now that it's on sale, or maybe moh beta... yawn, need something new so I don't burn out completely shortly after the engie update.

Inkwell

Banned
I've been kind of burnt out on TF2 as well. I'm sure the engineer update will pull me right back in whenever it arrives. I don't get to play co-op games very much, and I've been in the mood for one of those. I also have a backlog that seems to increase exponentially. I need to start finishing some of these games or I might never play them.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Some antics from today

Got a 16 kill streak as sword demo too. 24 man server too.

121bajq.jpg

eapk0k.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Hazaro said:
Some antics from today

Got a 16 kill streak as sword demo too. 24 man server too.
*looks at sentries* *looks at tag* *looks back at sentries* :3

Why did you blur the names in the death ticker?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Think Java has been trying to get a new mic first.

If you guys are that serious about getting a game going, you can always post an announcement or let one of us admins know to post an announcement or to spam invites.

I haven't been playing much lately since a few matches on tf2lobby has pretty much soured me on the game for a bit.

Blizzard

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:

If you guys are that serious about getting a game going, you can always post an announcement or let one of us admins know to post an announcement or to spam invites.

I haven't been playing much lately since a few matches on tf2lobby has pretty much soured me on the game for a bit.
That's what you get for listening to Boonoo and trying tf2lobby. :mad:

Oreoleo

Kuro Madoushi said:

This has crossed my mind too. I saw artistdude and someone else sitting in the server for 5+ minutes by themselves hoping to get a something going. I wasn't up for a game, but I'm at my computer almost too much of the time so if someone wants me to start an event for them I'd be more than happy to do so.

Spamming invites is kind of annoying :(

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Kuro Madoushi said:

TF2 is not a good competitive game in anyway, why would you do that yourself!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Iadien said:

Well, I do like some aspects of 6 vs 6. Less chaotic, less luck based, fewer shitty players, fewer spies. More team cohesion, more strategy, increase in skill than just playing in a random pug.

Boonoo

Iadien said:

I think it works fairly well competitively in the standard 6v6 format. All luck based factors are taken out, and in most cases the teams with the better cohesion, teamwork, and death match skills win. With the smaller player size there's room for some real nice team dynamics.

Why don't you think it's a good competitive game?

rar

Ultimatum said:
So... When is the next scrimmage/event?

Nobody is ever on the server whenever I check :( I swear you guys have decided to play even later

ill probably do one next saturday

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Boonoo said:
I think it works fairly well competitively in the standard 6v6 format. All luck based factors are taken out, and in most cases the teams with the better cohesion, teamwork, and death match skills win. With the smaller player size there's room for some real nice team dynamics.

Why don't you think it's a good competitive game?

Because I think the pace slows way down. I enjoy chaotic games such as UT and Quake though. =p

Twig

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Well, I do like some aspects of 6 vs 6. Less chaotic, less luck based, fewer shitty players, fewer spies. More team cohesion, more strategy, increase in skill than just playing in a random pug.
More elitist assfucks.

Remy

Since people have said people might as well post in the thread when they're going to jump on the server:

I'm going to jump on the server. Join up, men.

rar

Ok, to try and make this TF2 night run a little smoother I made a form for people to sign up. This way we can roughly see who's going to show up and know what classes they like to play for picking teams.

If somebody doesn't sign up, it doesn't mean they can't play. This is just for organizational purposes.

GAF TF2 Fun Pick-up Game Night
Saturday, July 3rd, at 8:00 PM EST

Also it'd be cool if everybody could download Mumble, a free voice chat program like Ventrilo or Teamspeak. The voice chat is much clearer than TF2's, and it helps keep things organized.

If you manage to get it working, please join the mumble server before the PUG starts, even if you don't have a mic. If not, don't worry.

I'll definitely try to make it, but I've got no idea what will be going on next weekend so no guarantees. And I have Mumble installed so I'll be good to go if I'm around.

corn_fest

Finally got around to downloading the custom maps for the server. They just go in /tf/maps/, right?
And Cashworks has files in a materials/vgui folder, should I add the folder to the materials folder?

Blizzard

Banned
fallengorn said:
:lol welcome back.

sooo.... laser death cat anyone?
I tried it on F7, and I left after a few rounds when no one was able to kill it. I think it played a whiny annoying noise while it was alive, and then it auto-ended the round after a minute or two so I wasn't particularly impressed. =(

Blizzard said:
I tried it on F7, and I left after a few rounds when no one was able to kill it. I think it played a whiny annoying noise while it was alive, and then it auto-ended the round after a minute or two so I wasn't particularly impressed. =(

Yeah they were talking about it on F7 last night, apparently someone checked the SDK and it isn't possible to kill it. Hopefully the creator will make it possible, but atm it seems silly.

Proven

Javaman said:
Just got back from being off the grid for 5 days. Time to catch up.

Edit: OMG Steam, you bitch.

I thought the same thing. The stuff I wanted most I already missed.

Oh yeah. Hey guys. I'm back for 3 days.

sw33tclyde said:
Yeah they were talking about it on F7 last night, apparently someone checked the SDK and it isn't possible to kill it. Hopefully the creator will make it possible, but atm it seems silly.

It wasn't designed to be a real challenge, it was designed to screw with people achievement farming, like server admins who didn't know the _v4 wasn't a legitimate version. Let it filter out there, then reveal the sabotage trigger I guess. :D

Edit: Found a great video about it. Interesting to see what it does, systematically destroying anything that can heal people. I didn't know about the things in the water. :lol

enzo_gt said:
Was looking at this yesterday and some of the stuff is beautiful. Can't wait for its release in 2 weeks. Hopefully with engy update?

Hopefully after the engy update, because they teased that thing almost two months ago. May 5th, I just checked the wiki.

MNC

Oh my god, catzilla :lol :lol

Are all of those polycount items going to be ingame? Oh my God... So many different item properties D: D: D: I don't know what to choose!

Sciz

Kulock said:
It wasn't designed to be a real challenge, it was designed to screw with people achievement farming, like server admins who didn't know the _v4 wasn't a legitimate version. Let it filter out there, then reveal the sabotage trigger I guess. :D
I can't be the only one hoping that people run with the concept and develop proper boss encounter maps.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Kulock said:
Hopefully after the engy update, because they teased that thing almost two months ago. May 5th, I just checked the wiki.
Winners are going to be announced in two weeks, if that's any indication as to when it might be released.

Sciz said:
I can't be the only one hoping that people run with the concept and develop proper boss encounter maps.
I can see a wave of these pop-up now that laser death cat has gotten a lot of attention. Giant Saxton Hale boss plz.

Twig

Banned
Sciz said:
Definitely not. I'd love to see it even become an official map mode. Valve could do wonders.

boss_sawmill

The sawmill is a giant mech with sawblades for hands and it shoots giant log arrows!

MNC

Twig said:
Definitely not. I'd love to see it even become an official map mode. Valve could do wonders.

boss_sawmill

The sawmill is a giant mech with sawblades for hands and it shoots giant log arrows!
Hey, prophunt became official, so who knows!

I think we'd need to show a bit more effort in bosses in maps (make catzilla actually destructable!) before it's even likely to happen.

Kulock said:

Ah yeah I figured as much, but like this guy:

Sciz said:

I think the idea for boss maps is fucking awesome and someone should whip up something epic. God I miss Sven Co-op..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom