• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javaman

Big Chief Crazy Cone said:
Just wanted to say that tonight was my first time on the GAF server, had a great time with you guys.

I wonder what the golden wrench is about. Apparently all the stats are the same as the regular wrench? So there must be more to it...

Welcome to the server! That uber wrench defense on Goldrush final CP was hilarious! :lol

Nabs

had a lot of fun stabbing folks last night. i hope some of you bought madballs thanks to me.
if so, lemme know! we can get a game sometime.

207p7kh.jpg

Soooooooo gooooood

Twig

Banned
Any hidden pages? O:

I couldn't find any. ):

I hope Valve one day starts releasing print compilations of these comics. That'd be boss.

rar

enzo_gt said:
Aw man we have to sign up for GAF TF2 nights now?!

you dont have to, you can just show up if you want, it just helps to know how many we can count on to come and what classes they want to play for organization

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
So the gold wrench is really Australium? And is that Tesla next to Lincoln?

I love how Australia is scientifically brilliant and completely idiotic at the same time. It's also a land filled with Mike Haggars. :lol

I'm BBQin' on Saturday, might show up later if people are still around.

Blizzard

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Aw man we have to sign up for GAF TF2 nights now?!
That's only for some tournament thing they're trying to run. You can just show up any time you want, since we rarely do tournament kind of stuff.

Last night teams were a bit stacked or else I was so horrible I brought my team down. Through 3-4 maps, I think I lost 9 rounds in a row until I finally got lucky. :lol

I like the comics for what they are, but I kind of feel like they're a bad fit for TF2. They try to flesh too much out, when it works better as a loose framework.

domlolz said:

I hope that's not the case. I know they already partnered with Telltale in the past with the Sam & Max items, maybe it really is just them enjoying working together, but I want TF2 to be self-contained, not full of reminders of the games you didn't pre-order on Steam.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
God I love this whole back story thing. They really need to do a short film using the Source engine the way they use it in the "Meet" videos that goes through the whole origin of the TF2 war. It would be pure, wonderful insanity.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Stallion Free said:
God I love this whole back story thing. They really need to do a short film using the Source engine the way they use it in the "Meet" videos that goes through the whole origin of the TF2 war. It would be pure, wonderful insanity.
anyone have links to all the comics it feels like i am missing some important points to this plot.

I hadn't noticed that the Life Extender Machine paper had a listing for first Blutarch, then Redmond, then someone else conveniently obscured by the edge of the panel.

What was with the blue flame effect on on the Engineer, after Blutarch lets him go? Some after-effect of the electricity, a hint of something to come?

Kulock said:
I hadn't noticed that the Life Extender Machine paper had a listing for first Blutarch, then Redmond, then someone else conveniently obscured by the edge of the panel.

I just noticed this too. Probably Saxton Hale's ancestor?

TP

Kulock said:

My money is on the man in green

2ziya29.jpg

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
rar said:
Reminder to everyone that we're having another GAF TF2 pick-up game tommorow, and if you know you can play.....
shadowcomplex
Spy

about this i am not actually 100% sure...50% i'd say:lol . ill try to show up if i can:D so if you want to take me off your list go ahead. =P

rar

shadowcomplex said:
about this i am not actually 100% sure...50% i'd say:lol . ill try to show up if i can:D so if you want to take me off your list go ahead. =P

it doesnt really matter :p

Boonoo

Kuro Madoushi said:
All resting up for the mayhem for tomorrow?

If you wanna get a game going, just let one of the admins know and we'll post an announcement, bug Java, and spam invites.

Edit: I didn't mean to post!

DarkKyo

Tiamatsword22 said:
After 440 hours as a soldier I finally got a soldier hat. And its the drill hat which is my favorite one.
Lucky! I just got the Medic's head mirror(can't spell real hat name)..

I'd love a Pyro or Sniper hat, seeing as how I already have the afro for my most played class.

Ramenman

Blizzard

Banned
So, I didn't know about the loadout quickswitch button until today, I guess. It's kind of neat though it's hard to find unused keys to bind. I ended up binding it to 'f'. You can just press it and click the button to change between your current weapon slot's options instead of going through the normal loadout screen.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Opiate said:
What's the PW to the GAF server for the evening? Or am I not allowed because I'm a doodoo head?

I thought it was "cake" as listed in the PUG night announcement, but I get a "bad password" error.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
neither cake nor believe work. T_T

I WANT TO BACKSTAB YOU PEOPLE WHY WONT YOU LET ME

thetrin

My buddy wants to join as well (riderepublic), so don't kick him if you see him.

What's the new password, you dickbutts?

rar

sorry the pug didn't go all that well. next time we'll try to make it more organized and better :)

not sure if we'll use mumble again or not - even though it can help things run better, it can also cause its own set of problems in terms of organizing a pug. still need to decide :/

if anyone has any input or ideas on what worked and what didn't, they'd help alot!

Javaman

rar said:
sorry the pug didn't go all that well. next time we'll try to make it more organized and better :)

not sure if we'll use mumble again or not - even though it can help things run better, it can also cause its own set of problems in terms of organizing a pug. still need to decide :/

if anyone has any input or ideas on what worked and what didn't, they'd help alot!

Yeah, I'd rather not use mumble unless it's for a regular group. With people randomly popping in it'll just split the group.

thetrin

I was playing over at my buddy's place on my macbook pro, so I didn't have my headset with me. Sorry about the silent treatment.

rar, I'm guessing you're pet on steam? I'll accept your friend request.

Suggestion wise, I think we need to set a time when the server will start up. We don't need an ending time, but we should set a recommended starting time, so I know we're going to have good volume if we join early on.

We also need to set up some sort of membership system like Something Awful so we can kick pubbies if the server is full and registered gaffers want to get on.

rar

thetrin said:
Suggestion wise, I think we need to set a time when the server will start up. We don't need an ending time, but we should set a recommended starting time, so I know we're going to have good volume if we join early on.

We also need to set up some sort of membership system like Something Awful so we can kick pubbies if the server is full and registered gaffers want to get on.

oh the server is up all the time, and if you're in the steam group there'll usually be an announcement when it's filling up with alot of people.

we're just trying to do an event where we have have captains and pick teams, sort of like a competitive scrim but without all the rage and angry people.

Oreoleo

Javaman said:
Yeah, I'd rather not use mumble unless it's for a regular group. With people randomly popping in it'll just split the group.

Agreed. I popped in late and it was like a ghost town on the mic's.

thetrin

rar said:
oh the server is up all the time, and if you're in the steam group there'll usually be an announcement when it's filling up with alot of people.

we're just trying to do an event where we have have captains and pick teams, sort of like a competitive scrim but without all the rage and angry people.

I'm in the group. The problem is that there was no definitive time announced in the group for when the server "started" the event.

All I'm saying is that we need to have more event organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom