• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't even restart steam now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Remy said:
I'm using Iceland & Greenland and it's almost done. Maybe try that?
Working for me, decent rate to.

Wait, no, died again.

I take it back, its stated again.

So the GAF server will be completely useless tonight for people that want to play the new maps without all the stupid farming?
Really? I kind of wanted to use the GAF server. Heck, would it be possible to make it only use the new maps for a day or two?

Drkirby said:

Wait, no, died again.

Worked for me as well.

See you guys on the server! Engie has always been my main so this is a monumental day for me. Let the whacking begin.

2 minute download :D :D :D :D

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
The new sentry is almost exactly what I wanted. I was hoping it would be able to attach to walls and such though.

Volcynika

Drkirby said:

Wait, no, died again.

Really? I kind of wanted to use the GAF server. Heck, would it be possible to make it only use the new maps for a day or two?

Yeah Java stated earlier that they'll be running the map most of the night. AKA not worth joining for people that want to play the new maps. I know it's not my server and I don't run it, it's just more a disappointment.

Blizzard

Banned
Volcynika said:
Yeah Java stated earlier that they'll be running the map most of the night. AKA not worth joining for people that want to play the new maps. I know it's not my server and I don't run it, it's just more a disappointment.
Are you just disappointed because of the new maps? Or were you expecting people to not be playing engineer after the update? :lol

Javaman

0.00% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/backpack/weapons/c_models/c_frontierjustice/c_frontierjustice.vmt
0.00% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/backpack/weapons/c_models/c_frontierjustice/c_frontierjustice_large.vmt
0.00% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/backpack/weapons/c_models/c_spikewrench/c_spikewrench.vmt
0.00% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/backpack/weapons/c_models/c_spikewrench/c_spikewrench_large.vmt
0.01% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/backpack/weapons/c_models/c_wrench/gold_wrench.vmt
0.01% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/backpack/weapons/c_models/c_wrench/gold_wrench_large.vmt
0.01% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/backpack/weapons/c_models/c_wrangler.vmt
0.01% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/backpack/weapons/c_models/c_wrangler_large.vmt
0.01% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/backpack/weapons/gunslinger.vmt
0.01% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/backpack/weapons/gunslinger_large.vmt

Volcynika

Blizzard said:
Are you just disappointed because of the new maps? Or were you expecting people to not be playing engineer after the update? :lol

No, I wanted to play the new maps on the server with fellow gaffers. But according to above, it'll be an achievement map most of the night. People should go somewhere else to farm.

Javaman

Volcynika said:
So the GAF server will be completely useless tonight for people that want to play the new maps without all the stupid farming?

It's going to be achievement mining for an hour or two then new maps. Update is finally working... slowly.

If you guys need to update your local files, France is giving me 800k

Remy said:
Some gentleman on the F7 server hit milestone 1 and then got all the Engie weapon drops at once. O_O

Everyone knows F7 guys use h4x, 'specially Kuro.

*grumble grumble sniper grumble always me grumble*

Woooooo and it's done thank you Czech Republic!

Javaman

Volcynika said:

I think you would be more dissapointed if you tried to play the new maps with 12 vs 12 engineers, but that's just me.

0.09% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/models/buildables/sentry1/mini_sentry_blue.vmt
0.09% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/models/buildables/sentry1/mini_sentry_light_blue.vmt
0.10% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/models/buildables/sentry1/mini_sentry_light_red.vmt
0.10% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/models/buildables/sentry1/mini_sentry_red.vmt
0.10% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/models/buildables/sentry_shield/sentry_shield.vmt
0.10% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/models/buildables/sentry_shield/sentry_shield_blue.vmt

Server is at 0.51% ALMOST THERE GUYS GOGOGO

Sciz

Volcynika said:
The working theory is that we can either

A. Run an achievement map for a while and just get the pain over with for the regulars
B. Run the new maps and have them flooded with vanilla engineers farming achievements
C. Institute a class limit and annoy pretty much everyone

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Awesome bug, when I select engineer on servers TF2 is crashing 50% of the time. lol

Javaman said:
Wow, you can see the cart through walls now.

I heard that, I can't. Do you have to be on the team pushing the cart to see it? Because I couldn't see it through walls.

Oh, and moving sentries, dispensers, etc. is awesome.

Javaman

Iadien said:
Awesome bug, when I select engineer on servers TF2 is crashing 50% of the time. lol

I heard that, I can't. Do you have to be on the team pushing the cart to see it? Because I couldn't see it through walls.

Oh, and moving sentries, dispensers, etc. is awesome.

Maybe it's only on the up map or whatever it's called. We're on the Neogaf-TF2 group chat... hop in people!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Javaman said:
I think you would be more dissapointed if you tried to play the new maps with 12 vs 12 engineers, but that's just me.

0.09% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/models/buildables/sentry1/mini_sentry_blue.vmt
0.09% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/models/buildables/sentry1/mini_sentry_light_blue.vmt
0.10% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/models/buildables/sentry1/mini_sentry_light_red.vmt
0.10% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/models/buildables/sentry1/mini_sentry_red.vmt
0.10% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/models/buildables/sentry_shield/sentry_shield.vmt
0.10% downloading ../orangebox/tf/materials/models/buildables/sentry_shield/sentry_shield_blue.vmt

Server is at 0.51% ALMOST THERE GUYS GOGOGO
I keep getting maps with 8/12 people being engineers. Never have I been shot at by so many Sentries at once. Also, far to many teleporters, but the extra despencers are nice.

Thunder Mountain is a lot of fun, feels like a small map, but the very last hurdle is hell to get, the team was stuck trying to get over the last hill for about 6 minutes, and we won with less then 5 seconds on the clock.

Hightower was alright.

Salsa

holy shit every server full of 16vs16 engies D: i can only join for a minute, see a bunch of engies smashing guitars, and then i get kicked. WHATS GOING ON

whats the gaf pass ?

Boonoo

Inferno313 said:
So, if I join the GAF server, is achievement farming considered ok? Will Valve put any kinds of penalties on me?

Yeah, as long as you're not using a 3rd party program to unlock them they don't care. Doing them manually in a farm server is kosher.

Volcynika

Javaman said:
It's going to be achievement mining for an hour or two then new maps. Update is finally working... slowly.

If you guys need to update your local files, France is giving me 800k

Way too loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.

Bleh.

Good thing I had another game to play.

Blizzard

Banned
Volcynika said:
That's nice.
...? With all due respect, what is your problem? First you called my friend a bitch, then you defriended me, then you ignored the group chat messages when I said hi.

I was just trying to say that if one server is not going well for you, you might try Finland, or Greenland/Iceland like someone else suggested. No offense was intended. :/

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Team Fortress 2 just updated again. I believe they've fixed the 'Build Level 3', switch to Gunslinger strategy.

Thanks for the help with the achievement tonight guys. If people need help in the future with them, just let me know.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What I would've preferred...

1. Frontier shotgun is fine. But should be mini crits. I saw 7 Revenge Crits built up in my shotgun. That is FREAKIN insane if you're guaranteed crits like that.
2. Have a different set of build plans linked to another wrench. Buildings can't be upgraded either, but are movable. OR if you guys are DEAD SET on keeping this movable building shit then I say this: Make it so that ONLY lvl 3 buildings can be moved, and they transform into lvl 1 buildings when rebuilt. You're still walking slower and can't attack while carrying it.
3. Perhaps have another wrench that swings a lot slower, but helps build faster, takes off sappers in one hit, and maybe causes random stun too :D
4 No wrangler...PERIOD.
5. Have something look like the Wrangler in the pistol slot, but it's more like a sonar that is used to make spies glow. Uses up metal while it's on.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hitokage said:
Call me crazy, but maybe having the password in the server name isn't the best idea.

Yeah, I want to try the game, probably for the 1st time in a few years, and WHAMMIE :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tried TF2 earlier this week with a couple friends on pub servers, and I just wasn't feeling it. Having a private server makes all the difference. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom