• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Proven said:
Ah! It's Believe!

I may not get to be on much tonight. Even if I do, if you're running an achievement server I won't be farming them. I find there's too much of an intrinsic joy in destroying my opponents and getting a milestone as a reward. Soldier update was delish.
I'm torn because I like getting achievements the normal way, but I'm afraid the engineer weapons will be overpowered or bugged in amusing ways, and I want to get to try them myself before they're patched. :lol

Plus I have work early in the morning so I can't play tonight much. :(

Javaman

Proven said:
Ah! It's Believe!

I may not get to be on much tonight. Even if I do, if you're running an achievement server I won't be farming them. I find there's too much of an intrinsic joy in destroying my opponents and getting a milestone as a reward. Soldier update was delish.

I would totally agree if massive amounts of the class didn't destroy the gameplay. Even a game with 24 soldiers or demos is a lot of fun but I just can't imagine how more than 8 engineers per team can be. You're welcome to join us if you want to just mess around and occasionally be cannon fodder. After a couple of hours and most of the guys who want unlocks get them, I'm going to return it to the normal rotation. That'll let us actually try the new weapons tonight verses waiting a couple of days for them to trickle out.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Can't wait for the spawn camping to take place with the new sentries, should be fun!

dorkimoe

gonna get back into playing. Haven't played since sometime last year. Got addicted then just quit for some reason ;\.

New to the crafting stuff and whatnot. GAF have any servers they prefer (that dont play stupid custom maps)

Proven

For those that don't know, offline mode doesn't count towards your stats, but does count towards your drops, at least if you're online while playing offline mode. I've been taking advantage of this for weeks, as I've been getting on before the GAF server fills.

So I play a bit, get some drops, do some crafting, and I craft within 1 second, one flippin' second of the 95th wrench. I'm going to go out now and buy a new headset.

...no, the headset was broken from an unrelated event two days ago.

Edit: I just got a notification that it was someone from the Control Point community that got the wrench. Oh well, they're good people.

Twig

Banned
Proven said:
For those that don't know, offline mode doesn't count towards your stats, but does count towards your drops, at least if you're online while playing offline mode. I've been taking advantage of this for weeks, as I've been getting on before the GAF server fills.

So I play a bit, get some drops, do some crafting, and I craft within 1 second, one flippin' second of the 95th wrench. I'm going to go out now and buy a new headset.

...no, the headset was broken from an unrelated event two days ago.

Edit: I just got a notification that it was someone from the Control Point community that got the wrench. Oh well, they're good people.
what do you mean "offline mode" "online mode"

Blackheim

Playing with bots in 'practice mode' I guess. You're technically connected online while you run around with bots. I'll let my nephew play some times and I'll have him playing with bots instead of on an actual server. I've noticed you get drops while doing that occasionally.

Blackheim

Yeah, I'm not too concerned about the wrench aspect since I rarely ever play an Engineer. I gave it a shot anyway with what I had and came up empty :p My class choice is usually Medic since I'm decent at it, though I have my moments where I'm hit or miss on how well I do >.>

barnone

If there isn't a surprise in store for today's update I'm going to be a bit disappointed with this event. I'll be satisfied with trading or a meet the pyro/medic video.

Javaman

barnone said:
If there isn't a surprise in store for today's update I'm going to be a bit disappointed with this event. I'll be satisfied with trading or a meet the pyro/medic video.

I can't help but wonder if the new items from the contest are going to tie into this somehow. Some crazy mix of crafting and special wrenches.

Boonoo

Javaman said:
I can't help but wonder if the new items from the contest are going to tie into this somehow. Some crazy mix of crafting and special wrenches.

Well the winners of the contest aren't announced until the 12th, so who knows when they'll actually get released.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Well, as far as expected news: achievement details, Watchmaker wrench details, and whatever the deal is with moving sentries.

...and hopefully some conclusion to the introduced story elements of the Engineer.

I hope there's a surprise... after teasing us with that comic, I was expected crazier items for the Engie.

I haven't idled since the halo drama, I just acquired two hats at the same time.

No tricks or hacks, just playing engineer regularly on a server.

Twig

Banned
I was extremely pleased with the solder/demo update.

Don't be a dumb.

Besides, there's still a chance to redeem this update. We'll see after those fucking wrenches are found.

Hurry up Valve. Push the stupid buttons.

Drkirby said:
How about just note which maps are in rotation here?

..I have all of the custom maps. The problem is that no one else does so it goes from 20 people to 2 people after randomly going to wtf_pacman! :/

firex

so did anyone else just notice that the engineer bursting into flames in Loose Canon is just a problem with the life extender machine and Blutarch Mann sparking the engineer's clothes?

Boonoo

98 got found. I crafted my last second to last item maybe 10 seconds before it went out, and my last 30 seconds after. D:

Oh well.

On the upside! I can almost craft another hat, and as we all know, that's what really counts.

Boonoo

Javaman said:
Thanks Inky!

Get this map everyone if you want to play on the server tonight. It's going to be running most of the night. It's 28megs so you can get it off the slooooow server if you want.

Achievement farming! What villainy is this?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Idled a bit last night and forgot to check what I accumulated. Just checked on tf2 items and holy shit, I got the Killer's Kabuto! Finally another hat and a soldier one at that. Me am so happy, me want to cry.

...still waiting for the soldier's stash. :p

Boonoo

fallengorn said:
Idled a bit last night and forgot to check what I accumulated. Just checked on tf2 items and holy shit, I got the Killer's Kabuto! Finally another hat and a soldier one at that. Me am so happy, me want to cry.

...still waiting for the soldier's stash. :p

Grats on the hat!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a way to get the same bit of music to play on the title screen every time the game starts? I've got one tune that I freaking LOVE for the title screen but it rarely comes up.

Proven

Monroeski said:
Is there a way to get the same bit of music to play on the title screen every time the game starts? I've got one tune that I freaking LOVE for the title screen but it rarely comes up.

If you find out, let me know

Volcynika

Javaman said:
Thanks Inky!

Get this map everyone if you want to play on the server tonight. It's going to be running most of the night. It's 28megs so you can get it off the slooooow server if you want.

Hm. Well that's lame.

Remy

Update is 483.2MB. Patch notes, engie things previously unannounced in bold:

Added The Frontier Justice.
Added The Wrangler.
Added The Gunslinger.
Added The Southern Hospitality.
Added 35 Engineer achievements.
Engineers can now pickup & move their buildings.
Added Engineer main menu music.

Added 4 new maps:
Thunder Mountain, a 3 stage Payload map.
Hightower, a Payload Race map.
Upward, a Payload map.
ColdFront, a community built Capture Point map.

Item tuning:
The Sandvich now uses a cooldown timer, instead of the health pack recharge mechanic.
The Gunboats now reduce self-damage by 60% (was 75%)
The Tribalman's Shiv bleed duration reduced to 6 second (was 8), and its damage penalty increased to 50% (was 35%).
Added better feedback sound for Pyros on when their flamethrower is doing damage.
Fixed blood effect on bleeding player.
Added a glow effect to Payload carts.
Added Romanian language support.

Sad to see the Shiv get nerfed. Also, Southern Hospitality?!

Aaaand cheesemint details!

Doc Holiday
Have a dispenser heal three teammates at the same time.

No Man's Land
Use a sentry gun to kill 25 enemy players trying to capture a point.

Trade Secrets
Kill 20 players carrying the intelligence.

Death Metal
Pick up 10,000 pieces of waste metal from destroyed buildings.

Land Grab
Help a team member construct a building.

Git Along!
Manage to get to, and then remove, a sapper placed on your building while you were several meters away.

How the Pests was Gunned
Destroy 50 enemy stickybombs lying in range of friendly buildings.

Honky Tonk Man
Smash an enemy player's head in with your guitar.

Breaking Morant
Kill 10 Snipers with a sentry gun under the control of your Wrangler.

Rio Grind
Perform 50 repairs and/or reloads on a sentry gun being Wrangled by another Engineer.

Patent Protection
Destroy an enemy Engineer's sentry gun with a sentry under control of your Wrangler.

If You Build It, They Will Die
Haul a level 3 sentry gun into a position that achieves a kill shortly after being redeployed.

Texas Ranger
Haul buildings one kilometer over your career.

Deputized
Get 10 assists with another Engineer where a sentry gun was involved in the kill.

Drugstore Cowboy
Have dispensers you created dispense a combined amount of 100,000 health over your career.

Circle the Wagons
Repair 50,000 damage to friendly buildings constructed by other players.

Built to Last
Help a single building take over 2000 damage without being destroyed.

(Not So) Lonely are the Brave
Keep a Heavy healed with your dispenser while he makes five kills.

Battle Rustler
Teleport 100 team members into battle.

Revengineering
Use a revenge crit to kill the enemy player that destroyed your sentry gun.

Search Engine
Kill three cloaked Spies with a sentry gun under control of your Wrangler.

Pownd on the Range
Kill 10 enemies outside the normal sentry gun range using the Wrangler.

Building Block
Have a sentry shielded by the Wrangler absorb 500 damage without being destroyed.

Unforgiven
Kill three enemies with revenge crits without dying.

Quick Draw
Kill a spy and two sappers within 10 seconds.

The Wrench Connection
Kill a disguised spy with your Wrench.

Silent Pardner
Upgrade 50 buildings built by other team members.

Fistful of Sappers
Destroy 25 sappers on buildings built by other team members.

Doc, Stock and Barrel
Repair a sentry gun under fire while being healed by a Medic.

Best Little Slaughterhouse in Texas
Rack up 5000 kills with your sentry guns.

Frontier Justice
Within 10 seconds, have your sentry kill the enemy that just killed you.

Six-String Stinger
Provide an enemy player with a freeze cam of your guitar playing skills.

Uncivil Engineer
Provide an enemy player with a freeze cam of you and the sentry that just killed them.

Texas Two-Step
Use your shotgun to finish off an enemy recently damaged by your sentry gun.

The Extinguished Gentleman
Have dispensers you built extinguish 20 burning players.

rar

A Dog Chasing Cars said:
Can't get the stupid update to start downloading. I've tried restarting, changing my download location, and changing the auto update thing. Nothing works though. :(

its always like this

Remy

A Dog Chasing Cars said:
Can't get the stupid update to start downloading. I've tried restarting, changing my download location, and changing the auto update thing. Nothing works though. :(

I'm using Iceland & Greenland and it's almost done. Maybe try that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom