• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, was on the Giant Bomb/Tested.com server that'll be used for the Thursday Night Throwdown, and I saw a scout rush capping E at the very beginning on Steel for the first time ever.

Also note to attacking Engineers on Steel: don't build your teleport right in front of a window in the E room. It was like a fucking shooting gallery, I felt sorry for the poor guys as I popped their heads open like ripe melons.

Remy

EmCeeGramr said:
Ha, was on the Giant Bomb/Tested.com server that'll be used for the Thursday Night Throwdown, and I saw a scout rush capping E at the very beginning on Steel for the first time ever.

I think I normally make a run on E as Scoot every time we hit cp_steel, and I think it's worked maybe 3-4 times (out of 20 attempts). Sometimes it's the only way to break the deadlock at A.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Remy said:
I think I normally make a run on E as Scoot every time we hit cp_steel, and I think it's worked maybe 3-4 times (out of 20 attempts). Sometimes it's the only way to break the deadlock at A.
I felt like a fool being a spy running there and then wondering "Now how do I get to the point? Don't tell me those catwalks don't come out till the take C..."

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, how many hours as a Pryo will I have to play to get 1 Million Damage with fire? Maybe I should think about hitting one of those 24/7 2forts with instantswpan to up it :lol

Drkirby said:
So, how many hours as a Pryo will I have to play to get 1 Million Damage with fire? Maybe I should think about hitting one of those 24/7 2forts with instantswpan to up it :lol
I should have like several MILLION points of damage for as much Pyro I've played over the years, but apparently the achievement is glitched for me, and stuck permanently at zero.

The fix is apparently wiping your recording stats, but fuck that.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
EmCeeGramr said:
I should have like several MILLION points of damage for as much Pyro I've played over the years, but apparently the achievement is glitched for me, and stuck permanently at zero.

Yeah, I noticed when I wiped my stats that my Pyro one reset. Oddly, the kills I did total reset, but not the kills I did as a Pryo, so I will most likely get the "Kill 1000 people as a Pyro" before "Kill 1000 people"

firex

Pinko Marx said:
HOLY SHIT. Demoman is the best class ever. I just finally got the Chargin Targe and the Eyelander. I've been in love ever since.
I'd probably like that more than regular demo, but I don't want to farm the achievements for it. I guess I just need to hope I find them through drops, or at least the shield. I think I can make the axe replacement for the eyelander.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
EmCeeGramr said:

What the fuck? It can be glitched? WTF IS THIS NONSENSE. FUCK THAT SHIT.

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:
Thankfully mine isn't glitched. I've played...82+ hours as pyro, according to my stats, and done 917,477 points of damage!

*edit*
I just got killed, by a spy doing normal stabs with a normal knife in front of me, when he was back into the corner and I was hitting him with the southern hospitality. Unless he got a crit somehow, or unless I somehow had low health and didn't notice, then the southern hospitality seriously takes 4+ hits to kill a spy. o_O Maybe I was missing him at pointblank range, or maybe it was repairing my sentry instead. Anyway, it was weird.

i really dont see me getting some of these class achievements.. without wasting matches trying to get them rather than helping my team. most are reasonable though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Krauser Kat said:
i really dont see me getting some of these class achievements.. without wasting matches trying to get them rather than helping my team. most are reasonable though.
There are a few I am going to have to downright cheat and stage. There is no way I am going to get the one for killing a spy mid taunt without the spy in on it and letting me kill him midtaunt.

The Ax one is going to be hell also. Kill 6 people with the ax in one life. Yeah, real easy.

Sciz

Drkirby said:
There are a few I am going to have to downright cheat and stage. There is no way I am going to get the one for killing a spy mid taunt without the spy in on it and letting me kill him midtaunt.
This one is theoretically possible because there's a spy achievement that requires getting a freezecam shot of that specific taunt over your target's corpse. Still rough though. I lucked into it when someone, I think it was commissar, was running around harvest taunting after every kill.

Drkirby said:
The Ax one is going to be hell also. Kill 6 people with the ax in one life. Yeah, real easy.
Dedicate yourself to the art of axtinguishing. It is challenging, but I've seen it done.

MNC said:
What directory? I'd like to mess around with the heavy.
X:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\yournamegoeshere\sourcesdk_content\tf\modelsrc\player\classnamegoeshere\parts\maya

Apparently all classes have Maya files now. Just gotta update source SDK.

Won

Can't believe I just lost a Goldrush, because people decided to go Engineer instead pushing the cart through the cleared area to the last point. I need to physical hurt some animal now......

MNC

Minor updates (Mostly CSS according to steam)

Did... Did we just get more-than-4-core-support?

Engine
Tuned thread initialization to improve performance on CPUs with more than four cores

rar

ilx8ir.jpg

beard cap, i hardly knew thee..

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Boonoo said:
There's still hope! Valve is going to be picking runners up and what not. All classes will get some lovin.
Out of the 70 or so entries that Valve received, Robin tells me that nearly half of the entries are of a high enough quality to be shipped in future updates without much work needed on Valve side. So, if you did not win this time around you can be confident that your items will one day find there way in to Team Fortress 2.
:O

Awesome!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, is this going to be the biggest single addition to items though? Really hope the new Flamethrower is useful in battle, and I wonder if the power jack will do something different then the Home wrecker.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Drkirby said:
So, is this going to be the biggest single addition to items though? Really hope the new Flamethrower is useful in battle, and I wonder if the power jack will do something different then the Home wrecker.
They are just skins... right?

Blizzard

Banned
commissar said:
And this is the joy of custom dedicated servers
Are there actually servers that don't let you use community weapons? (or even don't let you use secondary weapons like the direct hit) I guess I haven't played on such servers.

Also, I don't worry TOO much about community weapons because they're almost universally worse than the normal weapons if I'm not mistaken. The homewrecker seems almost totally useless aside from teleporters/dispensers, the engineer wrench is either awful at killing spies or I can't aim it (no crits really hurts), the sniper knife is probably my favorite but got nerfed. The battle axe is fun to use but I don't think it's better than the sword, certainly not better than the stickies.

Sciz

Community weapons mostly seem designed to be highly situational, for those odd occasions when you're willing to sacrifice the comfort and familiarity of a default weapon for a very niche but useful special feature.

The battleaxe is lovely though. Close range is the demo's weak zone, and it combines the great flavor of the Eyelander's range with the spicy taste of crits and an extra side of pain. It is also badass.

And now I'm going to get a snack.

Boonoo

Blizzard said:
Are there actually servers that don't let you use community weapons? (or even don't let you use secondary weapons like the direct hit) I guess I haven't played on such servers.

I know that you can make configs that don't allow certain weapons. In the DM servers I play in a lot of things are unequip-able--the sandman for instance. It would be pretty easy to whip up a vanilla TF2 server.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Sciz said:
Community weapons mostly seem designed to be highly situational, for those odd occasions when you're willing to sacrifice the comfort and familiarity of a default weapon for a very niche but useful special feature.
Pretty much it. These additional weapons are nothing more than extra stuff to throw around and have a few laughs over.

firex

Southern Hospitality really does suck, but I made mine with crap I didn't want anyway so I'm glad to learn that it sucks on my own.

I'll be interested to see what stats they give to these new items. Powerjack might actually be useful if it's different from the Homewrecker, although nothing would get me to play pyro again at this point.

MNC

The only community weapon I really consider using are homewrecker (got it equipped now, love the fast building killin' and sapper killin', spies will be confused.) and the blood kukri. Southern Hospitality I favor over the regular wrench if I don't want to use the gunslinger.

Blizzard

Banned
firex said:
Southern Hospitality really does suck, but I made mine with crap I didn't want anyway so I'm glad to learn that it sucks on my own.

I'll be interested to see what stats they give to these new items. Powerjack might actually be useful if it's different from the Homewrecker, although nothing would get me to play pyro again at this point.
Just wondering, what made you stop playing pyro? The damage and burntime reduction? I think they un-nerfed it a little, and there's the airblast boost. Not to mention the new flamethrower which I'm sure will be awesome (or useless). :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom