• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
speedpop said:
A big Australian custom map server was resurrected for some fun shens, much to my delight. The only problem is a new admin on there seems to be a bit of a douche :lol

Yeah that sucks really bad. My 2nd random hat was a Viking helmet so I was extremely happy.
My only random hat has been the Frenchman's Beret. Nice hat, but I don't play a spy much.

Really hoping to get a Vintage merryweather or Brigade helm for my Pyro.

Also, I hope if they ever put trading in, they allow trading of pre-order exclusive hats. I want that L4D2 hat!

Won

HvMYv.gif

I wish the GAF server populated earlier so I could play on Weekdays/Sundays (people acually play well on there which is nice), it's midnight now and as it's a work day tomorrow I need to sleep rather than stay up from 4am till 8am like last night :lol

Also, being Engineer is horrible on my nerves, I hate to see my buildings get destroyed, kicks in my ocd-ness about my possessions being messed with I guess.

Yasae

Banned
Darkflight said:
I wish the GAF server populated earlier so I could play on Weekdays/Sundays (people acually play well on there which is nice), it's midnight now and as it's a work day tomorrow I need to sleep rather than stay up from 4am till 8am like last night :lol

Also, being Engineer is horrible on my nerves, I hate to see my buildings get destroyed, kicks in my ocd-ness about my possessions being messed with I guess.
Western European Time. Well.. There are afternoon games occasionally.

I still haven't ever had a random hat drop. But I do have the Gibbus (nearly everyone does), the beret from L4D2, and the earbuds from playing a game on OSX. And I'm still pissed for not having bought that that Sam & Max pack (and pissed they don't offer that deal again).

And worse, I had no idea what the crafting shit was until somewhat recently. So anytime I got a random drop of something I already had, I just clicked "Delete this". :lol

Do any of those other Halloween achievements still work? I would think I should have got the 'kill someone that is scared' by now.

Just stand right in front of the enemy spawn door as a Heavy with Sandvich out, and when someone joins and the door opens, have him yell, "GOOD, VERY GOOD!" Or sing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Watched all the meat the team videos, having seen the Snipper's and the Spy's in the past, they were a bit of a let down in comparison. I love the Heavy's line that it cost $400,000 to fire his gun for 12 seconds :lol

Damn it, the gaf sever was at 12 people when I last checked, now its at 24! I want to play Hightower ;-;

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Volcynika said:
Only a little over halfway to those 1000 sniper kills :lol

Hope I didn't make anyone mad or anything by sniping a lot :p
No, I am not to mad. I must of given you quiet a few of those. I will get the aiming of my flare gun down eventually!

Do any of those other Halloween achievements still work?
I think you can only get 2 of them when its not Halloween, Ghastly Gibus Grab and Costume Contest, both of which are pretty easy to do.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Volcynika said:
Only a little over halfway to those 1000 sniper kills :lol

Hope I didn't make anyone mad or anything by sniping a lot :p

A little annoying, but mostly because I seemed to have a target on my head or something. Just walking along and *headshot* and I die. Was just like "god damn it" :lol

Boonoo

Polycount winners announced today--hopefully they'll get the items implemented within a couple months. September would be good.

Sciz

Patch out:
Valve said:
-Updated CP_Coldfront
---Added map to the default mapcycle and motd files.
---Fixed a server crash issue related to increased maxplayer servers.
---Fixed a couple Engineer building exploits.
-Updated the localization files.
-Improved the performance of the critboost particle effect.
-Fixed a server crash related to carrying buildings at round start.
-Fixed players picking up buildings before a round has started.
-Fixed an exploit where Engineers could create level 3 mini-sentries.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sciz said:
I am giant

2mq41gj.jpg

Third stage drives me nuts though.
Rank 9, Whoooo I am not the worse!

Personally I like the 3rd stage, it has so many back ways it makes it easy to sneak up on people as a Pryo.

commissar

Who is the best to contact regarding tf2 stuff at valve?
Should I just email gave or is robin walker's email out there somewhere?

Also wow sciz :eek:

MNC

-Improved the performance of the critboost particle effect.

YES, FUCKING YES. Everytime I had the frontier Justice out with crits it would lag so I could hardly hit people :(

MNC

Visualante said:
Saw the custom avatar animations, was wondering how this guy got the rigs as last time I checked only heavy was out and it was a pain to setup the Pyro from decompiling the source.

Checked the directory but still only one Maya rig for the Heavy (http://i31.tinypic.com/2aequyo.png)
What directory? I'd like to mess around with the heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom