• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
Rlan said:
Icy has 62 posts in this thread :)

ggnoobIGN and Teknopathic have more posts though:

ggnoobIGN 68
Teknopathetic 67
Icy 62
Zanboo 60
Quellex 47
lockii 42
pxleyes 38
1-D_FTW 38
Zaraki_Kenpachi 34
MutFox 33

Yeah, this is the most I've ever posted.

Icy

Banned
meh. finally server is up and running.. and well what do u know.. my client keeps crashing on a sound effect loop.

Fun times nakedsushi, Javaman, Daigoro and whoever else was there.

Damn engineers from the other team setting up sentries in OUR intelligence room on 2fort. Argh.

sharkie

Sharkie add me to you're friends list Gaffers

Just bought the Orange Box and I'm installing TF2 now, finally got a break from work for a bit spent a few days relaxing now I'm back and ready to try this out.

P.S Oh yeah Teknopathetic I've added you to my friends list already. (EDIT #)

we need to get a EU Gaf list going for TF2 as i feel we are seriously under represented....

on the server most were public's who joined the old gaf EU server :(

atm the people i know who are 100% gaf AND EU is me, cibo and vargtimmen. surely there must be more out there i have missed!

Icy how did the EU people who joined to the US server do? score wise i mean, were they forced to be support classes like engineer or medic?

sharkie

Blue Geezer said:
we need to get a EU Gaf list going for TF2 as i feel we are seriously under represented....

atm the people i know who are 100% gaf AND EU is me, cibo and vargtimmen. surely there must be more out there i have missed!

Icy how did the EU people who joined to the US server do? score wise i mean, were they forced to be support classes like engineer or medic?

Shoot me an invite and I'll join the lads when I'm logged on.

woeds

Blue Geezer said:

ola, euro here

sharkie

Blue Geezer said:
maybe i should ahve asked for steam id's as well?

sharkie and wout i take it those are your steam id's ?

Hi I'm Sharkie Steam ID Sharkie, I didn't mention it originally because its written 1 posts above yours.

Blue Geezer said:

I'm Euro as well.

1-D_FTW

Quellex said:
September 26, 2007 - Current Release

Changes/Additions
Spectators can now see all player classes in the scoreboard
The affinity of the main thread is not set explicitly for dedicated servers. This will properly load balance multiple instances of the dedicated server running on a multi-processor machine. The affinity is still set to CPU 1 for clients and listen servers
Bug fixes
Fixed a crash with ATI cards running on Vista
Fixed a networking problem that could cause a crash certain types of home networking hardware with out of date firmware installed
Fixed a networking problem that could cause some animation jittering
Fixed bug causing incorrect .dem files to be written (all files after first .dem file would be corrupted)
Fixed bug with placement of teleporters that could result in players being unable to move
Removed mp_friendlyfire cvar for servers. Team Fortress 2 breaks in a number of ways if this is on
Fixed some truncated strings in the destroy menu
When a round finishes, if there's less than 5 minutes left on the timelimit, the server now goes ahead and switches level right away, instead of going into Sudden Death
Fixed crash on startup
Fixed crash caused by .dlls being loaded from the user's path, instead of from the install directory

I had that one happen to me. Though I was lagging out for a while. Then I finally just committed suicide and respawned.

Prime crotch said:
Wow the game with FF on is chaotic specially if you have a Heavy on your team.

Among the many reason FF ON sucked, was the Pryo became absolutely useless. Aside from making whiny spies gods, FF ON served no purpose at all.

Blue Geezer said:

I'm EuroGAF. I think I played against you on the shortlived euroserver too...

Steam name is Gaf name (is Live name, is PSN name...)

Icy

Banned
Blue Geezer said:

pings were in the 80 to 100 and quite playable. Just not enough people from EU played the EU server I had to justify having one up.

JoeFu

Banned
I get a nice ping of 12 :)

Then again, I live near the servers.

Come on people, lets play tonight. Last nights showing was pathetic.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
JoeFu said:
Come on people, lets play tonight. Last nights showing was pathetic.
Well, there was that deal with the client/server update. Which worked out well for me because it forced me to actually start transferring files from my old comp to my new one.

We should have a good showing of people tonight.

Icy said:
pings were in the 80 to 100 and quite playable. Just not enough people from EU played the EU server I had to justify having one up.

yep understandable. was quite the poor showing really :(

with this though hopefully we EU can better represent GAF!

Icy

Banned
Hooker said:
Just no. Anything over 50 is shite, and even that's pushing it!

Ping 30 or less for me, or I don't play.

get real.

--

Me and Joe last night gave the FF well map a run in TF2, It is cool. Totally out of place with the TF2 models. And the elevators bug out. It crashed the map and the server kicked to another map due to it.

Dave Long

Banned
I played TF2 in the Quarter To Three/Portal of Evil match last night due to the server issues here at GAF. It was the first time I really put effort into playing the Heavy and I was cleaning up. Ended as the highest or second highest score on my team each round and got a bunch of caps and defenses with him too.

So you dudes will have to look out for my chaingun now in addition to my grenades. :)

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Hooker said:
Just no. Anything over 50 is shite, and even that's pushing it!

Ping 30 or less for me, or I don't play.
I was just playing on a US server on around 400, I play on EU servers on 80-100 and that's totally playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom