• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
More people need to join... playing 3v2 kinda sucks especially when someone joins the other team because they are winning...

1-D_FTW

I'm about to join in. Usually when I do this, it's empty by the time I login.

EDIT: And that's exactly what happened. Two people were playing. For some reason I got the rapid open/close TF2 crash the first two times I tried connecting. By the time I did, it was empty and nobody joined in the 5 minutes I was there.

Icy

Banned
CrookedRain said:
Interestingly enough, I did 5,089 damage with the demoman post-patch last night with one life. I really don't get why I'm doing better with demoman now. :lol

I also had a round on granary where I was MVP with 40 points while the next highest person had only 22 points.

Nice. I'm idling waiting for peeps. :D

Icy said:
Nice. I'm idling waiting for peeps. :D
I wish I could play right now, but I need to drive a hundred miles back home to pick up some stuff I forgot when I moved into my apartment for school. That stuff includes a mic so I can start talking in-game. :D

1-D_FTW

Are there cheats available for this game?

There was a spy I was dominating, but I'd have to light him on fire at close range for 2 seconds and then as he ran away, pump 4 shotgun blasts into his back before he'd go down.

This was on gravelpit and it happened at least 5 times. Everyone was quick to go down, but this spy was made of Teflon.

EDIT: It was spy. Took two seconds to collect my breath. And he'd always be camouflaged as a sniper, but be burning and invisible as he ran.

Icy

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Are there cheats available for this game?

There was a spy I was dominating, but I'd have to light him on fire at close range for 2 seconds and then as he ran away, pump 4 shotgun blasts into his back before he'd go down.

This was on gravelpit and it happened at least 5 times. Everyone was quick to go down, but this spy was made of Teflon.

EDIT: It was spy. Took two seconds to collect my breath. And he'd always be camouflaged as a sniper, but be burning and invisible as he ran.

Short answer. Yes there are cheats.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I still have no idea which class is for me. None of them just seem to click and i find myself switching classes depending on what map it is and if we are defending or attacking. I want to like the scout because its quick (i like quick shit) but i fail fail fail at it.

Dot50Cal

Banned
evlcookie said:
I still have no idea which class is for me. None of them just seem to click and i find myself switching classes depending on what map it is and if we are defending or attacking. I want to like the scout because its quick (i like quick shit) but i fail fail fail at it.

Try engineer. I was the same way at first but Im getting rather good at being engy. Once you are comfortable with him (know where to put SG's, etc) then branch out when your team needs help (like say, a scout to do a quick cap).

A tip with the scout on 2fort, double jump from the upper deck onto the bridges canopy, then do the same to get onto the enemies second floor. Then haul ass down the steps and grab the intelligence. Really easy unless they got some SG's at the top of the steps.

firex

Really liking the new pyro... it's going to be my main offense class now. I think I'll just wind up playing pyro/sniper mainly, except on maps where sniper sucks, and then I'll go play engineer. Engy is already my most played class, but the new pyro is definitely my favorite. Finally it's a really deadly class in close range and a very good anti-scout/spy/heavy/anyone they can sneak up on.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Dot50Cal said:
A tip with the scout on 2fort, double jump from the upper deck onto the bridges canopy, then do the same to get onto the enemies second floor. Then haul ass down the steps and grab the intelligence. Really easy unless they got some SG's at the top of the steps.

Yea i used to do that all the time with the scout. Especially if a sniper was up top, if you were able to get across and jump correctly you could just smack him around with the baseball bat. But as always with 2fort the SG's are in every corner which makes getting the intelligence a pain in the ass. It's why i hate 2fort with a major passion.

1-D_FTW

evlcookie said:
Yea i used to do that all the time with the scout. Especially if a sniper was up top, if you were able to get across and jump correctly you could just smack him around with the baseball bat. But as always with 2fort the SG's are in every corner which makes getting the intelligence a pain in the ass. It's why i hate 2fort with a major passion.

Amen. With a couple of players it's moderately tolerable. But a full load of players is just non-sense. Score to 3 or 4 or 5. And then do it again for a best of 3? I'd prefer that map with a score of 1 (if it has to be there.)

Although I wonder if a well coordinated team of a heavy and 8 medics on offense (and 3 engineers on defense) could work.

Icy

Banned
I got some more donations. Thank you all for your support. Enjoy and have fun. Any suggestions send them in PM. :)

firex

I actually headshotted/fully charged shot a few scouts trying to go across the roof on 2fort. But they were bad scouts... didn't even try to strafe any.

Anyway I just spent a couple hours learning the new pyro and god it's so fun. The flamethrower still does the most damage at close range, but now it's deadly from a lot larger range.

jaask

It was my first time playing at the NeoGAF server, good times. I love the new post-patch pyro and medic is also one of my favourite classes. Even though my ping from the europe is between 150-200ms it didn't affect the gameplay as much as I thought it would, very playable even at that ping rate. I'm looking forward playing with you guys again in the coming weekends :)

Dot50Cal

Banned
Ok so I have a bad issue here I need help.

My game crashed while I was trying to report a bug. I couldnt duck or anything, and a couple seconds later the game just crashed. After that all the textures were screwed up, with primary colors everywhere.

I un-installed TF2, and deleted the folder just to be sure. But when I reinstall it fresh I still get this. Anyone have this?

2007_09_29.jpg

firex

I don't want to suggest reformatting or anything crazy like that yet... so I'll just throw out the video driver suggestion, even though you've probably got that covered already.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Currently i seem to be playing the demoman on defense. Using sticky bombs to just blow people up. I killed 3 at once, which was awesome :lol . Still unsure if this is my class.

woeds

Played some fun games yesterday! Nice thing about TF2 is, that even with 150 ping (I'm from europe) it's still very very playable

n0b

Had some fun games today. :) For some reason someone came in and asked if there were any admins on because they needed their account activated. :lol

Dot50Cal

Banned
firex said:
I don't want to suggest reformatting or anything crazy like that yet... so I'll just throw out the video driver suggestion, even though you've probably got that covered already.
Yeah, I was in the process as I wrote that. That cleared it up. Really weird, I've never had a game corrupt my driver install before :lol

Rlan

I've been trying to sketch the TF2 characters for the past couple of days. It's pretty difficult to make them authentic despite them being so varied. Still, I was able to push out this which came out incredibly well:

engineer.jpg

lexi

Banned
I think I'm starting to jive the spy a little more. I still haven't picked a class to be 'my' class. I was good with Demoman until the grenade nerf, now I can't seem to kill anyone with them unless I get a direct hit (Which happens less often then I'd like, though very nice when it happens, especially with a scout)

decon

Rlan said:
I've been trying to sketch the TF2 characters for the past couple of days. It's pretty difficult to make them authentic despite them being so varied. Still, I was able to push out this which came out incredibly well:

engineer.jpg
Very nice job!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
akachan ningen said:
every time I start TF2 now, it messes up my connection. It says I timed out and I can't do anything on the internet unless I reset my modem.

That used to happen to me with counter-strike source if I let the server browser refresh for too long. Doesn't happen anymore, so it must've been some sort of conflict with my old wrt54g v4 with I think it was dd-wrt loaded. Right now I'm running a wrt54gl and no issues.

EviLore said:
That used to happen to me with counter-strike source if I let the server browser refresh for too long. Doesn't happen anymore, so it must've been some sort of conflict with my old wrt54g v4 with I think it was dd-wrt loaded. Right now I'm running a wrt54gl and no issues.

I'm not using a router though, it's going straight from modem to PC. Also, this never happened before the latest update. I would report the bug, but I can't stay online long enough to do it. :(

1-D_FTW

You know what I kept running into last night? An enemy spy as a medic.

Pro tip: Don't disguise yourself as a medic. There's nothing like yelling at the medic who's zipping two feet in front of you and having him ignore you. It's gonna get you buckshot in the back every time.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
1-D_FTW said:

Pro tip: Don't disguise yourself as a medic. There's nothing like yelling at the medic who's zipping two feet in front of you and having him ignore you. It's gonna get you buckshot in the back every time.
That or that when you hover them it doesn't show übercharge (I'm not entirely sure I'm right on that one). Just like when they try to be scouts, but they don't run as fast as a regular scout.

firex

1-D_FTW said:

Yeah, a disguised medic definitely doesn't have the Ubercharge box.

And as far as general game balance goes... demo seems kind of weak now, but it's because pyro is more popular. Pyro is like the natural counter to demo and now that it's buffed you see some people sticking to demo and a lot more people playing pyro, so demo won't do as well most of the time.

Pyro is finally exactly like it sounds - a great ambusher/close range class that can make a lot of havoc in the enemy groups. It's still really vulnerable from range, dies to sentries pretty easily, and has plenty of weaknesses.

Joe Molotov

1-D_FTW said:

I usually disguise myself as an Engineer. It doesn't seem as suspicious when an Engineer is milling around not really fighting or healing anybody. Oh, don't mind me, I'm just heading down towards the Intelligence Room to put up a Sentry.

Jenga

Banned
How often do people taunt you as soon as they kill you so it'll show up on the death snapshot? I make it a priority to taunt a pesky a spy when I whack em with a wrench or take out a group of people with pyro.

Bliddo

The new pyro is sick, i'm fine with the increased power(the old pyro was only got to light up spy's smokes), but now it's too long ranged. At least they should give him 125hp instead of 175

Jenga

Banned
Bliddo said:
The new pyro is sick, i'm fine with the increased power(the old pyro was only got to light up spy's smokes), but now it's too long ranged. At least they should give him 125hp instead of 175
at 125HP two shotgun hits would take him down. so no

Jenga

Banned
irfan said:
What is the key for a spy to become invisible for more than 5 secs? Right clicking only holds it for 5 secs or less ..
Uh, at full isn't it like 10 seconds? Just learn to conserve the amount of stealth energy you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom