• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed last night's game, the lack of sleep got to me :(.

Anyways, anyone else having trouble finding good games? I keep getting onto servers with either newbies, or lopsided teams.

As far as lazytown is concerned, they need to get rid of the ramp, and then add multiple exits from the spawn points to prevent spawn camping. Maybe reduce the last cap point's capture time a bit.

Dave Long

Banned
PillowKnight said:
Missed last night's game, the lack of sleep got to me :(.

Anyways, anyone else having trouble finding good games? I keep getting onto servers with either newbies, or lopsided teams.

As far as lazytown is concerned, they need to get rid of the ramp, and then add multiple exits from the spawn points to prevent spawn camping. Maybe reduce the last cap point's capture time a bit.
That last point needs a very short cap time if the map remains built as it is now. Snipers at the top of that hill shouldn't have that much cover either. As I noted much earlier in this thread with regard to that map, it should be like a seesaw. The closer you get to the ends, the faster you should cap. Momentum should lead you to victory, not to stalemate.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Dave Long said:
Depends on the player. :)

Seriously though, the HWG has the most health. You can take a lot more hits before you go down when you're in his shoes. So using the shotgun at relatively close range is a pretty viable tactic, because anything other than a Pyro or another HWG up close is probably going to be dead before you run out of health even if they hit you a couple times.
Yeah I know, that's why I found it interesting, I bet it can be pretty useful too if done properly. I will probably try it out later since I need the Class-achievement. :b

Joe Molotov

HomShaBom said:
Well I preordered. Damn you people and your screenshots.

Here's a picture of your self-control:

tf2-1.jpg

Dot50Cal

Banned
Wow, I really suck at this. Thats weird considering I was pretty good at TFC. The added medic brings a whole new level to the game.

Cmagus

anyone know how long Steam is down for maintenance? or what they are doing im sitting here waiting to buy this and it's down lol I want it so bad

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I started playing the scout today and I was wondering how to effectively use the shotgun. It never seems to do much and I found I am much more successful sticking with the pistol and bat.

JoeFu

Banned
Archie said:
I started playing the scout today and I was wondering how to effectively use the shotgun. It never seems to do much and I found I am much more successful sticking with the pistol and bat.

Yeah, I suck with the shotgun.

I think I've gotten most of my scout kills with pistols.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The scout's scattergun isn't the same thing as the shotgun. You have to be closer to get a more effective hit with it, but do that well and it's pretty deadly.

Ugh, just played some terrible rounds on a pub. server. We were defending dustbowl and our team decided to go 6 engineers, 1 pyro, 1 sniper, and me the medic. uhhhh yeah. No wonder they capped the point in like 5 seconds >_<

I'm trying to learn how to play soldier as well. Sometimes it gets lonely being the medic and not racking up on kills :)

what does Finish Off mean? I got one of these as a HW today... I killed someone and instead of showing a minigun icon on the kill tracker, it showed i had "Finished Off" my target, and had a skull icon

saelz8

New Steam update

Friday, September 28 2007

This week, Valve attended Digital Life, North America&#8217;s biggest consumer electronics and digital technology event. Our own Gabe Newell demoed never-before-seen content from Half-Life 2: Episode 2 and Portal on Dell&#8217;s newest high-performance gaming notebook, the XPS M1730, and debuted a new Orange Box ad coming soon to major TV networks&#8212;stay tuned. In and around the show, "Alyx" look-alikes" invited folks to play Team Fortress 2 at Dell's mobile gaming bus, which will be stationed at the show through September 30 and on tour in the US&#8212;with TF2 riding "shotgun" through the holidays.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next week, over 700 players from 75 countries (along with an expected 70,000 attendees) will gather in Seattle for the World Cyber Games, one of the world's most prominent professional gaming competitions. If you're headed to the festival, stop by Valve's exhibit to playtest Left 4 Dead and register to win cool prizes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two new TF2 character movies are heading your way: On Monday, check the trailer link on Steam for the Russian language version of Meet the Heavy. Within a week or so, we'll introduce you to the one-eyed grenade-lobbing Scot, the Demoman.

Hot tip for weekend gamers: Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, the next chapter in the #1 rated RTS franchise, is now playing on Steam.

Demoman character movie soon!

saelz8

September 28, 2007 - Current Release

Changes/Additions
Added option to change Field-of-view, between 75 & 90, from the Options->Multiplayer tab
Added option to disable Player sprays
Increased flamethrower damage at point black range
Demoman grenades (not stickybombs) no longer explode on contact after the first bounce
Bug fixes
Fixed flamethrower hit detection
Fixed a startup crash
Fixed a case where players could get stuck in tc_hydro
Fixed player movement prediction errors
Fixed third-person sniper aim animation not matching player's view exactly
Fixed achievements and stats being awarded when watching other player's demos
Fixed rare server crash due to data corruption in networking
Fixed a case where some sounds had incorrect volumes

saelz8

Yeah, I see it. I don't know what to think about that yet. He's my most used character.

I'm going to have to see how that affects real world before coming to a conclusion. I guess it makes sense, not sure. /Bias

FOV option is awesome.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Holy crap @ Demoman nerf, what am I supposed to do now!? Ah screw it, guess it's time to go pyro.

Dot50Cal

Banned
FOV is great, theres even in between states if you like. Very nice addition, now aiming is on par with CSS. I thought something was up when I was getting dizzy from playing it for more than an hour :lol

Sad that this got patched this quick and Bioshock still hasn't got that option enabled.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Sanjay said:
Added option to change Field-of-view, between 75 & 90, from the Options->Multiplayer tab

what does this mean?

You see more in your peripheral vision, 90 is what Counter-Strike Source uses now, its what all HL1 engine games used and is the standard. Its only recently that games (mostly console ports using the UE3 engine) started locking it at 75. Some even went as far as to keep the FOV (Field of View) at 75 even when you are running in widescreen, which is a HORRIBLE mistake.

Defcon

Banned
f_pyrom_1baf878.jpg

Pyro is much better now. <3 Valve.

You still get owned 1v1 and the faster classes easily stay out of range, but now when you ambush people, you can actually kill them.

Yargh.. I finally caved in and pre-ordered Orange Box.

Downloading TF2 now, but I am only getting ~60KB/s. This is going to take forever. Damn University Internet..

They claim to be the "#1 Wireless Campus in the Nation", but it sure doesn't seem that way. :lol

And my parents are coming up here for Family Weekend tomorrow. Looks like I won't be able to play until Monday, unless this download kicks up. :(

The Stealth Fox

I'm glad demoman is being relegated to pure defense now. That's the way it should be.

Offensive demos were too annoying. Yes, I'm looking at you Tre.

Funnily enough, I set new point and kill highs for both demoman and pyro. I also set a new damage record overall with demoman but that's only because I lost my 4.3k dmg record with the soldier.

saelz8

2vuwvgo.jpg

Still die a lot, but the added power lends itself to quite a few kills, assisted and direct. I rarely had to pull out my shotgun to finish someone off. I had a lot of people die, AFTER they killed me. Burn!

Still need to do more testing to see how much better he really is.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Icy said:
Got a good match of Lazytown on the server.. Come join!

Maybe i will come and lag you all like what's going on with the current AU selection of server's, which seems to have gotten some interest from people with a 200+ ping. :lol

"I'm glad demoman is being relegated to pure defense now. That's the way it should be.

Offensive demos were too annoying. Yes, I'm looking at you Tre."

Demoman hasn't been relegated to pure defense now. Do you even know what the nerf is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom