• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Long

Banned
I still haven't gotten to try the new Demoman, but I know I won't like them taking out the bounce shots. I loved that they had that in there because it reminded me of the original Quake where I had a blast in game after game bouncing grenades around the levels.

I would've preferred a damage tweak instead. Maybe lower the amount of damage caused by a bounced grenade or something like that.

i prefer taking out the grenade bouncing then reducing damage. when you catch someone sweet as a demo before the nade lands you expect some serious damage and it is how it should be (a lot of them are one hit kills) simply as its not easy (especially on a 150 ping *cough*).

"when you catch someone sweet as a demo before the nade lands you expect some serious damage and it is how it should be (a lot of them are one hit kills) simply as its not easy (especially on a 150 ping *cough*)."

Er, reducing damage after it bounces wouldn't change that.

well thats assuming by reducing damage they ONLY are reducing it for after it bounces. i would imagine they would reduce damage as a whole.....

The problem I have with the nerfed demo is that now he isn't particularly suited to either offense or defense. I understand why they did what they did, but as compensation he should be able to hold 6 rounds in the primary launcher or a similar adjustment.

Icy

Banned
The Daily Awards..

Dominator roflmao (28 Dominates the most..)
Revenger theboi (8 Gets their revenge..)
Best Sentryguns PillowKnight (73 Impervious Machines.)
Best Sniper TopDreg (57 Grey Matter For You.)
Fire Spitter -Ęŋęмץ- (69 PyroManiac with Kills.)
Gunman Spotless Mind (128 Goes Postal with the MG.)
Knife Maniac darkenigma666 (36 Don't trust this backstabber.)

And Spotless is from Australia.. and has the shittiest ping of anyone.. so whats your excuse americans? :D

artist

Banned
Enemy was indeed very good playing Pyro yesterday, he got almost all the spies from the other team. :lol I was also getting in some kill assists with him, he'd torch them and I'd use my shotgun.

btw icy a few q's about that stats page.....

i am assuming that its based off a CS site hence the importance on headshots. is it possible to get that changed at some point as headshots is only useful to snipers. could change it to score per minute? or some stat like that?

also why is the score inflated by 1000 for everyone?

also how does activity work? how would i maintain 100% for example?

is there potential for other stats to be tracked? time alive etc? and weight that according to class? so engineer would have a low weighting while a scout would have a high weighting.

Icy

Banned
Blue Geezer said:
btw icy a few q's about that stats page.....

i am assuming that its based off a CS site hence the importance on headshots. is it possible to get that changed at some point as headshots is only useful to snipers. could change it to score per minute? or some stat like that?

also why is the score inflated by 1000 for everyone?

also how does activity work? how would i maintain 100% for example?

is there potential for other stats to be tracked? time alive etc? and weight that according to class? so engineer would have a low weighting while a scout would have a high weighting.

HLStatsX is a Source Server Log Parser. Basically anything the Source server sends to a server log, gets parsed. The only information that it displays is whats sent by the server. So there is no way for this program to actually determine time alive, etc as it isn't informed passed onto the logs from the server itself. The question also arised for giving medics points for healing, this is another piece of data that the server does not report. It also can't determine score per minute for headshots as the server doesn't send to the log "Bluegeezer killed Hitokage Headshot as a Sniper". It just sends over basically "Bluegeezer killed Hitokage with Sniperrifle and headshot data" But not a corresponding class.

I believe activity is computed off of the longest time anyone 1 player has played and your percentage in terms of his max time.

1000 Points is basically given as a starting point, a happy medium if i were to detract points for dying.

This version of HLStatSx isn't public use yet. Just for subscribers. Once the public version comes out, I'll be hosting it myself and modifying a lot from the display to other things. The current look is just plain ugly.

Icy

Banned
People experimenting with mapping for TF2 and checking out the entities thus far, there's King of the Hill game mode entities. So either we're going to see more game modes, or it was buried and never removed from the files.

Concept17

Is anyone else having trouble finding a groove in this game? I can usually do pretty well, but have only managed first a couple of times, usually with the soldier. Its like the game needs one more class... an all-around class. And no, I don't suck at games by any means, usually its games like this I do really well in... but so far I'm struggling to get the hang of things.

Icy

Banned
Concept17 said:
Is anyone else having trouble finding a groove in this game? I can usually do pretty well, but have only managed first a couple of times, usually with the soldier. Its like the game needs one more class... an all-around class. And no, I don't suck at games by any means, usually its games like this I do really well in... but so far I'm struggling to get the hang of things.

Hmm... No problems here, I kill good..

Giganticus said:
Woooh! No. 18. Take that, Hitokage (boo platypotamus). :lol

I found that I'm on top of one of the tables too, and it's the one that truly matters: SCRUMPEH!

Holy hell, after the night I had last night I figured I would have dropped into the hundreds somewhere.

firex

I kind of wish there was a class with a rapid-fire primary aside from the heavy and medic. basically a class with a good smg like the sniper's, but with a bigger clip. but it's not that big of a deal to me. I think I just say that because half the classes have a shotgun.

Icy

Banned
Nebur said:
Some new images:

Source: Overpal

New images for what? We're all playing it here! :D

There's a new map out there called by the file name.. cp_floodzone2_v2
Can't seem to find anywhere to download. Couple people have played it and says its an excellent map.. I can't even find pics anywhere. I found some servers on game-monitor.com playing it and then they were shutdown without a trace.

Nebur said:
Some new images:

<pics>

Source: Overpal
I'd say alot of the screenies most gaffers have taken look alot better than that.

Which gives me a chance to share one I took yesterday :
cp_granary0001-1.jpg

That's the xbox version isnt it, the lack of AA gives it away.

Jaagen

Are there going to be a TF2 event tonight? And a new demoman(or asuming you mean that the demo man is new from what it was in TFC)

Pimpbaa

PillowKnight said:

What's up with that? It's not like the game is that demanding. I'm playing with 4x AA and 8x AF and it stays locked at 60 fps with vsync on at 1680x1050. I have a 8800GTS and a C2D E6600 but I don't get anywhere near the same performance in other cross platform titles (like Bioshock or Overlord). Must be a sloppy port.

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
Pimpbaa said:
What's up with that? It's not like the game is that demanding. I'm playing with 4x AA and 8x AF and it stays locked at 60 fps with vsync on at 1680x1050. I have a 8800GTS and a C2D E6600 but I don't get anywhere near the same performance in other cross platform titles (like Bioshock or Overlord). Must be a sloppy port.

PC is lead platform for Valve.

Cheeto

Teknopathetic said:
I'm having a hard time believing Bioshock on your machine doesn't run significantly better than the 360 version.
I have same Card and CPU as him and I get 80fps average in Bioshock.

Daigoro

i arrived too late last night and the 5 people on the server dropped within 5 minutes.

now i cant stand to play on pubs. i find them boring.

Pimpbaa

Teknopathetic said:
I'm having a hard time believing Bioshock on your machine doesn't run significantly better than the 360 version.

Referring to me? Oh it does. Just not 4x AA 8x AF locked 60FPS 1680x1050 better.

Waku

Icy said:
There's a new map out there called by the file name.. cp_floodzone2_v2
Can't seem to find anywhere to download. Couple people have played it and says its an excellent map.. I can't even find pics anywhere. I found some servers on game-monitor.com playing it and then they were shutdown without a trace.

Played it very briefly on the Jolt server that has it 24/7 and I frankly it looks very bleak, sparse and clashes with the TF2 Art Style. My main beef with the map is that it's pretty much Sniper Heaven.... and i don't like that at all.

Maybe it's better with big Teams (only played a 10vs10) cause t's pretty open and huge but i'm not feeling that map. :/

Icy

Banned
Jaagen said:
Are there going to be a TF2 event tonight? And a new demoman(or asuming you mean that the demo man is new from what it was in TFC)

there's playing 7 days a week 24/7...

Icy

Banned
PillowKnight said:
I'd say alot of the screenies most gaffers have taken look alot better than that.

Which gives me a chance to share one I took yesterday :
cp_granary0001-1.jpg

yep Xbox 360 version according to the website.

So between Phantom Hourglass and Soul Nomad, I'll be putting in a bit less time on TF2 over the next few days perhaps. You should still see me on the server a bit though.

Teknopathetic said:

I booted up Bioshock on mine last night with a similar set up. (e6750, 2gb 1066 ram, 8800 GTS 640) With all options on high at 1920x1200 and it wouldnt go above 40 walking around :/ Maybe my resolution? I have the latest drivers.

Pimpbaa

Zapperkhan said:
I booted up Bioshock on mine last night with a similar set up. (e6750, 2gb 1066 ram, 8800 GTS 640) With all options on high at 1920x1200 and it wouldnt go above 40 walking around :/ Maybe my resolution? I have the latest drivers.

That seems about right (especially if you are running in dx10 mode). Any shader intensive game is going to be very resolution sensitive.

zenbot

Icy said:
yep Xbox 360 version according to the website.
Oh Jesus, I hope it doesn't look like that. No Windows PC and no money to buy one soon, so I'm only going to be able to play this on the 360; and those jags could kill.

anyone know the standard map rotations most servers use? I notice Gravel Pit usually follows 2fort, but beyond that Im not sure. Specifically, Im looking for what map comes before 2fort

Icy

Banned
Right now the server code is borked and every other map is skipped. So its anyone's guess.. as to what rotation you're referring to. =)

I did a search for this, but since I don't really know what to call it, I didn't find anything.

Does anyone know what's going on when every once in a while a soldier's rocket will go all blue/electric looking and make a different sound when it fires?

I think I've seen the Demoman's grenades do a similar thing on occasion.

It's a critical shot. Does extra damage. If it hits you'll see CRITICAL HIT appear over their head. Happens with every gun, but obviously only the rocket and grenade are particularly visible. You'll still hear like a spark of electricity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom