• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noooooo. I think my PSU died over the weekend since I can't turn my computer on anymore. Just my luck to have it die when I actually have PC game I want to play. GRRRRR.

Icy

Banned
Confidence Man said:
Finally got hammer running with tf2. Forgot what a pain in the ass it is. :/

Most of the functions and specialty stuff the new 2007 engine can do isn't supported. Ive got some maps in the works but really waiting for the official update.

Icy

Banned
So this is the official response from the server guy at valve about the skipping of the maps..

"So - funny story.

This new bug is actually due to the fact that I changed the behavior to
allow duplicate map names in the mapcycle file. So putting two of every
map *should* work as a quick fix. I'm looking into the skipping bug
now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Mike"

:lol :lol :lol :lol

JoeFu

Banned
WhatRuOn said:
:(

still no worky...

ah, don't worry about it, I'll check steam forums or something.

not restart, sign off and sign back on.

That's what I do when I have the problem and it works fine.

saelz8

Meet the HWG in Russian!
2ludw9l.jpg

Link

Daigoro

i got bumped off the first page since yesterday. maybe i can creep back up tonight when i get home. i jonesing for some TF2 right now! see you guys in a few hours hopefully.

here's my crap stats.

obviously im a fan of not having deaths count towards rank as well. i looove being a scout and as fun as it is to cap with a scout, it can be very painful.

nakedsushi said:
Noooooo. I think my PSU died over the weekend since I can't turn my computer on anymore. Just my luck to have it die when I actually have PC game I want to play. GRRRRR.

that stinks :(

good luck getting back online.

Lhadatt

Quellex said:
Meet the HWG in Russian!
2ludw9l.jpg

Link
Very cool. But they changed their own dialog! The dialog rewrites and/or screwball translation fits with the the spirit of the game, though. The voice is different, but acceptable. I prefer the English version - the stereotypical voice is spot-on and just fits in with the rest of the lunacy.

Coop

Rlan said:
I want to watch the Meet the Pyro video. I hope he takes himself seriously and there are no subtitles :lol

I think at the end of the Pyro video it will be revealed that the Pyro is a girl. Though I can see no subtitles happening.

Anyone know when we will be able to unlock/download EP 2 and Portal? Is it going to be Oct 10 12AM or more like in the afernoon/daytime/evening/Oct 11...? :lol

Evlar

Banned
Solideliquid said:
Anyone know when we will be able to unlock/download EP 2 and Portal? Is it going to be Oct 10 12AM or more like in the afernoon/daytime/evening/Oct 11...? :lol
You can pre-load Portal right now.

Icy

Banned
Solideliquid said:

Portal is preloadedable now.

Unlock is on the 10th.

Davidion

First time on and I blew chunks. The Balance is so different compare to TFC...

Oh well, practice makes perfect and all that.

Davidion

platypotamus said:
I did bloody terribly tonight.

I remember chasing after you as a medic a couple of times.

It seems like it takes a REALLY long time to do a ubercharge. Am I doing something wrong?

Evlar

Banned
Davidion said:
I remember chasing after you as a medic a couple of times.

It seems like it takes a REALLY long time to do a ubercharge. Am I doing something wrong?
You gain charge faster if you're healing people who have damage. Even so it takes a while.

n0b

No_Style said:
Good games to those who I was playing with tonight. I think I saw nob and Pillowknight amongst others.
Yep, had some fun games with you. I got annoyed by the lack of teamwork on my side a few times today though, but I tried my best to fill the roles my team needed.

Also:
66_random.png

almost there >:)

saelz8

Draft said:
Did the Pyro get buffed? I was getting a lot of kills with him tonight.
Yep

September 28, 2007 - Current Release

Changes/Additions
Added option to change Field-of-view, between 75 & 90, from the Options->Multiplayer tab
Added option to disable Player sprays
Increased flamethrower damage at point black range
Demoman grenades (not stickybombs) no longer explode on contact after the first bounce
Bug fixes
Fixed flamethrower hit detection
Fixed a startup crash
Fixed a case where players could get stuck in tc_hydro
Fixed player movement prediction errors
Fixed third-person sniper aim animation not matching player's view exactly
Fixed achievements and stats being awarded when watching other player's demos
Fixed rare server crash due to data corruption in networking
Fixed a case where some sounds had incorrect volumes

Davidion

JoeFu said:
Yeah, I think he has better range and deals more damage now.

LOTS of damage. I had a full life soldier and ran into a pyro around a corner and got toasted almost instantaneously. i thought there was something wrong with the game for a second.

Davidion

Icy said:
ctf_blitz is not going into the server. People who message about it.. so stop.

I might throw ctf_mach in.

Screens:

Let me know guys. Map looks a little bland. But different.

That's kind of a nice throwback to the feel of TFC. One thing that confused the hell out of me was how much details there are in the landscapes now.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Davidion said:
LOTS of damage. I had a full life soldier and ran into a pyro around a corner and got toasted almost instantaneously. i thought there was something wrong with the game for a second.
Only when you're getting touched with the flamethrower, otherwise it still takes a bit to kill people.

Davidion

Hitokage said:
Only when you're getting touched with the flamethrower, otherwise it still takes a bit to kill people.

Pretty much, I was right up there.

There was a heavy there with a good chunk of life too; I did a double-take when we both dropped like *that*. :lol

Lhadatt

PillowKnight said:
Same, the pyro's new popularity is making playing a spy a pain in the ass. I had a good time playing as a Demo though.
The spy should be hard to play as. That zapper is a nasty toy.

i dont like demo nearly as much after the nerf. Feels like they took an aspect of skill away from the class (ie judging geometry). On the other hand, grenades were too powerful compared to a soldiers rockets, so I guess this sort of evens the classes a bit

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The pyro is just an ass now :lol . I think i am going to stick with using a soldier as my class choice for now. Sometimes i am on fire and just dominate which is always a great feeling.

446_random.png

Woo #51. I really need to join you guys on the gaf server alot more. I also can't believe you are #5 spotless, good job!

Draft

I feel like the Pyro is actually useful and fun now. He's still fairly hard to use (as was said, you literally have to be touching them with the flamethrower to do anything resembling serious damage), but if you can make that happen for 2-3 seconds, you'll kill your target. He's now a legitimate offensive threat and not just fodder for soldiers, demos and scouts.

Have the changes to the Demo's bouncing bombs gimped it now? If it won;t explode on contact after 1 bounce then it's gonna be really really hard to kill HW guys as effectively as before.
Or have i misunderstood what they said?

"Have the changes to the Demo's bouncing bombs gimped it now? If it won;t explode on contact after 1 bounce then it's gonna be really really hard to kill HW guys as effectively as before.
Or have i misunderstood what they said?"

Nope, you've got it. After one bounce you've got to hope someone's retarded enough to stand by it. And/or use the sticky bomb launcher, but that only works in closed spaces.

Cheeto

Kamakazie! said:
Have the changes to the Demo's bouncing bombs gimped it now? If it won;t explode on contact after 1 bounce then it's gonna be really really hard to kill HW guys as effectively as before.
I wouldn't say it's gimped, but definately got knocked down a peg or two. Now you have to use both of your launchers and be one with the arc. Personally, I think the grenades should explode on contact no matter what, but the damage should scale down depending on the number of bounces it took.

saelz8

Kamakazie! said:
You can, just aim higher. I'm scoring just as much now as I did before with demo. It's not easier, of course, as you're defined to a higher arche when it comes to contact hits. You just have to re-adjust.

The change makes him feel a little more like TFC demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom