• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy

Banned
140.85 said:
We should all collaborate and make a GAF exclusive map sometime. Source SDK is kind of a pain but it's got a good support community and I've managed to make stuff in it before...

You should see the one I am making.. the spawn areas are wall papered with forum post screen shots... :lol :lol :lol

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Icy said:
You should see the one I am making.. the spawn areas are wall papered with forum post screen shots... :lol :lol :lol
Oh god... is there like a Doom Bringer-themed room of sparks, incest, and yaoi?

...if not there, should be.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Icy said:

WHAT WHAT. Screen grab please. :lol

Dave Long said:
One of these days I'll get to play videogames again, and then I will play this one for as long as my eyes will allow.

ThrowdownMFer.jpg

BLU-82

Hunted gameplay type is currently being worked on :D

Let me just start this by saying that the hugely popular Hunted game type is being worked on, but with a few changes.

The major problem with this game type was that success as the defending team really depended on not only how well your defenders were, but also how skilled the person playing the VIP was. Obviously, if the VIP was someone who hadn’t played before, things ended quite fast. Valve is retooling this game type and we’ll hopefully see it in a future update.

New maps are being worked on, though I didn’t personally see any new maps first hand. I do know that Jess Cliffe is hard at work on a new map for Team Fortress 2. No ETA on when we might see it though.

http://csnation.net/articles.php/article_234/3/

Icy

Banned
Hunted will be just like the original TFC Hunted Mod.

one of the main ones we played,

You Had a VIP with hand to hand weapon, and a team of Soldiers and HW for protection who would excort you to a CP. And the opposite team had 6-8 Snipers.

n0b said:
Great games today, I loved the round of hydro where nearly all of us blues went scout and just rushed the hell out of the flag. Yay for syringe and MG kill awards...I kinda feel sorry for those who went up against my mg rushes on defense in dustbowl though, I had almost a 3-1 K/D ratio that match. :)
Didn't mean to yell at you last night nob, but maybe lay back on calling for medic if you already have one healing you/full health. When things get hectic I run to whoever has the Red Cross above their head first, and it's a little frustrating to find somebody who didn't really need healing and when I go back I find somebody w/low health had died in the meantime. But anyway, you were getting some crazy kills last night; good job!

so1337 said:
Hay guys, Ive got a problem with this baby or rather with all the steam games. Until recently everything worked just fine. However, every time I start the game now there is now cursor showing up. Its definitely there but its invisible. Strange.

edit: Its running on an iMac (new gen) with Vista Ultimate by the way.
What settings are you running the game on? I'm running it through XP on my new iMac, too. There haven't been any new drivers released for our card yet, but I haven't noticed any major problems.

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
Icy said:
Hunted will be just like the original TFC Hunted Mod.

one of the main ones we played,

You Had a VIP with hand to hand weapon, and a team of Soldiers and HW for protection who would excort you to a CP. And the opposite team had 6-8 Snipers.

Valve is retooling this game type and we’ll hopefully see it in a future update.

Dave Long

Banned
I'm almost certainly going to play tonight. Does anyone know if the thingy that lets you wait to get into a full server works correctly? I don't want to be sitting there waiting all night and find out later that function is broken in Steam

fallengorn

Dave Long said:
I'm almost certainly going to play tonight. Does anyone know if the thingy that lets you wait to get into a full server works correctly? I don't want to be sitting there waiting all night and find out later that function is broken in Steam
It works but I think if you're using the community overlay, it will just "suspend" itself from joining a game even if a slot opens up. So just keep the auto-join window out.

Zanboo said:
It'll be nice to see what they do with Hunted.
It'll be interesting to see the solution they come up with. This is almost the same dilemma with the original design for TF2, with having a commander role around.

1-D_FTW

fallengorn said:
It works but I think if you're using the community overlay, it will just "suspend" itself from joining a game even if a slot opens up. So just keep the auto-join window out.

It'll be interesting to see the solution they come up with. This is almost the same dilemma with the original design for TF2, with having a commander role around.

I've used it numerous times too.

I keep it open, like you said, and I do it within TF2.

The first time I did it through just Steam. And by the time it booted TF2 and everything loaded, the slot was already filled. But within TF2, I've connected everytime I've done it.

Dave Long

Banned
Cool. That's good info. Although I guess I just gave everyone else the same idea and now it'll be pure luck if I can get into a full GAF server in the future. :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Crap. I just now noticed that omgimaninja was talking about himself in that post. Sorry :(

Anyway, anyone interested in doing a scenario? Teknopathetic and I were talking about engies turtling up in the 2fort int room, and I'm interested in seeing how it'd turn out with 3-4 sentries all with constant loving care, and just what it'd take to smash it all to bits.

artist

Banned
Hitokage said:
Crap. I just now noticed that omgimaninja was talking about himself in that post. Sorry :(

Anyway, anyone interested in doing a scenario? Teknopathetic and I were talking about engies turtling up in the 2fort int room, and I'm interested in seeing how it'd turn out with 3-4 sentries all with constant loving care, and just what it'd take to smash it all to bits.
Count me in ..

No_Style

Icy said:
New Custom Map cp_wolf. Several people have tried it and have stated this is probably the best of the custom ones out thus far.

uplinkpt4.jpg

battlementsjg3.jpg

http://www.neogafclan.com/maps/cp_wolf.zip

Dude! That map is inspired by mp_base from RTCW! I was looking at the screenshots and the layout of everything and I knew something was familliar with it! Shit. I am officially stoked! I guess that's why the author called it cp_wolf :D

Edit: Haha. Just read the readme. Pure gold!

1-D_FTW

Hitokage said:

I'm assuming you want to be on the offensive. Cause as someone who's been bored out of his mind sitting in that room, I know one efficient engineer can withstand a lot.

And I've actually been in a game where there were 3 engineers sitting in there. Eventually you start wandering out in sheer boredom (Till there's none left and a spy kills all the unguarded sentries.)

You'd have to have massive teamwork and a real prayer for that to work out. I don't think your talents would be best served as an engineer. I think you'd need a GAF all-star team assaulting it.

And I'm not so sure 3 turrets manned by 2 engineers and a Pyro wouldn't be better. This way a spy couldn't start the assault with a little subterfuge. He'd only sabotage one sentry before getting roasted.

Hitokage said:

So do you have just 3 engineers + 3 sentries? Or them + 5 other regular players?

I would say:
2x medic
1x Uber'd soldier
1x Uber'd demo
2x scouts (1 to bat down engi, 1 to grab intell)
2x soldiers to watch rear and attack other players
1x Pyro (why not? lol)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well, I suppose you could throw in a medic or whatever on the engie team, though dispensers do the same... but the idea would be that outside the doorway to the spiral and the rear stairwell, no engagement or destruction would be allowed(the engies would be free to teleport in/out). Conflict would only take place in and around the int room.

Considerations:

- An ubercharge isn't enough to destroy a sentry constantly being repaired.
- Pyros wouldn't be able to enter the room due to knockback.
- If the team of engies all use voice comm, it might make it hard for a spy to slip in.
- Engineers can continue repairing and healing as long as dispensers are in operation.

I just took out at least 2 sentries set up in the intel room using the demoman. Demoman stickies = sentry go boom.

The new custom map, like all the other custom maps out so far, is just a sniper fest. It's just too big and open.

Uber-charged Demos would put a dent in those engies I would imagine...

How many sticky bombs are needed to take out a sentry?

That actually sounds like fun - what time would you do it?

KiKaL

I finally got this today to find out steam doesn't want me to be able to connect to any games.
I can see games in my server list and connect to steam fine but when I actually am connecting to a game it says that it tried reconnect 4 times and failed. After seeing this with TF2 I realized its doing it to all my steam games : /. I just move this year and this is the first time I have tried playing here, anyone heard of this problem? Im connected to a router but I opened the correct ports and no thing : /

Icy

Banned
KiKaL said:
I finally got this today to find out steam doesn't want me to be able to connect to any games.
I can see games in my server list and connect to steam fine but when I actually am connecting to a game it says that it tried reconnect 4 times and failed. After seeing this with TF2 I realized its doing it to all my steam games : /. I just move this year and this is the first time I have tried playing here, anyone heard of this problem? Im connected to a router but I opened the correct ports and no thing : /

Try putting your PC on the DMZ on the router. Also check to see if you have any Firewalls (including windows firewall) running on your PC.

Also from within the steam games, trying click refresh and connect sometimes fixes it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
1-D_FTW: Just noticed your post. Yeah, I'm sure the fatal weakness in any fortress of automation would be having to actually attend to it.

Still, it's worth investigating just how strong it can be.

Hitokage said:
Well, I suppose you could throw in a medic or whatever on the engie team, though dispensers do the same... but the idea would be that outside the doorway to the spiral and the rear stairwell, no engagement or destruction would be allowed(the engies would be free to teleport in/out). Conflict would only take place in and around the int room.

Considerations:

- An ubercharge isn't enough to destroy a sentry constantly being repaired.
- Pyros wouldn't be able to enter the room due to knockback.
- If the team of engies all use voice comm, it might make it hard for a spy to slip in.
- Engineers can continue repairing and healing as long as dispensers are in operation.
Count me in.

It takes two sticky bombs to destroy a sentry, so yes , if anything sticky bombs would be the way to go , mainly because you can use it to one-hit kill engineers and their sentry although it would take insanely good aim. I think the pushback would be too much even with uber.

Icy

Banned
server is restarted

neogaf2k7 password

2 fort and wolf are running on the loop for hito and whatever to do whatever.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
That wolf map is bloody huge. I got lost and ended up in the enemies base :lol . But i killed 2 people because of that so woo.

I will try and be there for the testing with whatever hitokage want's to do.

fallengorn

Wow, I didn't recognize the map until I was walking under the bridge... it really is from Wolfenstein.

Anyway, I'M there... don't know about everyone else. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom