• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Blue Geezer said:
hmm i would blame you but i am pretty sure you werent on the server when i was on. i say that as i was cloaked walking accross the bridge on 2fort and boom headshot from a sniper. was like wtf?! thought i did ok though got 52 points as a spy that round ;)
Oh, it was cp_wolf, and I think it was Giganticus who got hit.

saelz8

tzz on SA got these posters from a friend that owns a cyber cafe. (Valve sends posters to Cafes that are in their Cyber Cafe program)

345n9k5.jpg

2qn1w12.jpg

2rgg6dh.jpg

Where's my artbook, Valve?

Icy

Banned
I need some admins to help keep the server going when I am unavailable. :D

Send me a PM..

Real Name
Email Address
Any IM Clients you use and IM name
Any previous admin experience at all on any level with a gaming server =)

I'm going to be opening a 2nd TF2 server and I have something setup with a host already for a Unreal Tournament 3 server once thats available..

"I'm going to be opening a 2nd TF2 server and I have something setup with a host already for a Unreal Tournament 3 server once thats available.."

\o/

Doytch

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Hopefully they get those posters up to buy at the valve store. I would love to buy some prints.

Hell yes. That would actually be the second poster I've purchased since I was 10(first being a Psychonauts print). And I once again voice my displeasure at the lack of figurines!

Icy

Banned
platypotamus said:
Hey Icy,

I don't mind admining the server, though this coming week I'm getting married so I'll be away from the game for a bit. If you still need the help though:

So.. <listens to a sad song> thats the last we'll ever see of Platpotamus.. :lol

Doytch said:
Hell yes. That would actually be the second poster I've purchased since I was 10(first being a Psychonauts print). And I once again voice my displeasure at the lack of figurines!
A sentry gun figurine would be awesome.

Daigoro

*Unreal is going to cut in to our TF2 time :(

*those posters are awesome.

*i was pretty sucky last night, but this game is so fucking fun. LOVE IT.

ill be around this weekend (probably not tonight though).

Nice exploit, on dustbowl, engineer can lock entire team in base

There's another engie one, though it's more of a "screw your own team" bug. If you're an engie, you can build a teleporter exit underneath one of the automatic doors and when one of your teammates teleports in he'll get stuck in the door. The only way to get out of the door is to suicide.

I was playing on a server with, of course, less repute than the stellar gaf server, and one of my nice teammates did this to me.

Doytch said:
Yes. I would love to have a set of Medics: one deploying charge, one being backstabbed by Giganticus, one exploding from Quellex's grenades, and one running away shooting needles :)

I need to post some of the death pics I've taken. There are some great ones where pieces of my body are all over the screen lol.

I had fun with yall last night but won't be on much this weekend. It's the big TX/OU football game, state fair, and some friends are coming into town.

1-D_FTW

vultureparade said:
There's another engie one, though it's more of a "screw your own team" bug. If you're an engie, you can build a teleporter exit underneath one of the automatic doors and when one of your teammates teleports in he'll get stuck in the door. The only way to get out of the door is to suicide.

I was playing on a server with, of course, less repute than the stellar gaf server, and one of my nice teammates did this to me.

-25, baby:)

Although I'm sure Icy would be kind enough to ban any asshat that tried getting away with this.

Waku

I put so many Hour in allready, (though not as much as some of you crazys going by your Steam Stats :lol ) and even with just the stock maps i can see myself playing this fucking thing forever. Just had another awsome Match, and boy if you find a Medic who is willing to follow you straight into hell you can wreak some serious Havok. Had a magnificent Medic following me into the Enemy Spawn Area on the Last Section of Dustbowl Defending and it was just a wonderful sight seeing a room of 6-8 Enemies running scared and on fire from an Übercharged Pyro. :lol :lol

artist

Banned
Waku said:
I put so many Hour in allready, (though not as much as some of you crazys going by your Steam Stats :lol ) and even with just the stock maps i can see myself playing this fucking thing forever. Just had another awsome Match, and boy if you find a Medic who is willing to follow you straight into hell you can wreak some serious Havok. Had a magnificent Medic following me into the Enemy Spawn Area on the Last Section of Dustbowl Defending and it was just a wonderful sight seeing a room of 6-8 Enemies running scared and on fire from an Übercharged Pyro. :lol :lol
Last night on gravelpit, I was on the blue team and the 8-9 of us were standing on the B capture point, a Pyro came out of nowhere and lit all of us on fire :lol luckily only a couple of us died, but imagine a uber pyro in the same situation ... :D

A stealth player = awesome pyro.

Dave Long

Banned
I see a Pyro, it's like they're painted with a bullseye. I take out the pyros and the medics first. Everyone else is far less important a target. I can get out of a Heavy's line of fire and I can dodge grenades. I cannot stop yelling FIRE! FIRE!

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Dave Long said:
I see a Pyro, it's like they're painted with a bullseye. I take out the pyros and the medics first. Everyone else is far less important a target. I can get out of a Heavy's line of fire and I can dodge grenades. I cannot stop yelling FIRE! FIRE!
Don't worry, us Pyros see you "inflammables" the same way.

Lone Scout, Engineer, or Medic cut off from the pack? Like a little match waiting to struck. A cluster in a doorway? A pile of tinder, just begging for a little flame to get into the middle and light it up.

It feels so warm; you've been lagging behind all match, sudden death kicks in, four or five Blus standing around, preparing for the attack... and then I spread my incendiary happiness, and they're all living bonfires of joy.

A pity that all of them burned out after they died, but fuel can only last so long.

Yes! I finally got a new power supply and I can play TF2 again. I guess it was so awesome that it made my old power supply explode =/ Hopefully that is not so with this new one.

The promo posters remind me of the plasmid promo posters all over Rapture in Bioshock.

The visuals are really begging for the map Hunted to be made over. I can't wait to see what the president will look like in TF2.

1-D_FTW

Icy, suicides suck.

I started play with 5 and now I have 8. Two occured because I was hit with a rocket, blow into the air and killed by the fall. The other came when I switched classes 27 seconds into preparation time, and it gave me a suicide instead of instant class change.

Joe Molotov

I was going to play some TF2 but the GAF server was full, so I played Bloodlines for about an hour instead, and came back and the server is still full. :(

1-D_FTW

Deca, deca, deca, deca: When I told you you sucked, I was just kidding cause it seemed you kept blowing up my turrets.

I thought you were dominating my ass. It was playful. I didn't realize the hit/kill ratio was what it was. So I definitely wasn't trying to be mean when I said it.

Joe Molotov said:
I was going to play some TF2 but the GAF server was full, so I played Bloodlines for about an hour instead, and came back and the server is still full. :(

Just set it to auto-join.

jaask

Damn, great games as always, unfortunately had to call it a night 'cause it's 4.30am here. Will definitely join tomorrow if nothing urgent comes in my way, see you then!

I've been getting disconnected and my connection getting fubared every time I try to play TF2 now. Could it be just a problem with the beta? And why is it making my connnection unusable unless I reset it? Why is it having an effect on my computer outside of TF2/steam?

October 5, 2007 - Current Release

Changes/Additions
Added a warning for when paged pool memory is low
Bug fixes
Fixed certain crashes with paged pool memory
Fixed some prediction errors with player avoidance
Fixed columns and row bunching up in server browser
Fixed a rare bug where the wrong launcher.dll was being used to launch the game
Fixed teleporter/spawn doorway exploit

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
oh an update. Maybe that will fix my very slow loading with steam games.

And i still hate pyro's with a passion.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Big-E said:
This update is taking a long time. My already pre loaded of Portal is updating as well.

Yea HL2:E2 and portal and TF2 updated for me. A total of 10mb downloaded going by the bandwidth monitor. So it wasn't big.

Big-E

evlcookie said:
Yea HL2:E2 and portal and TF2 updated for me. A total of 10mb downloaded going by the bandwidth monitor. So it wasn't big.

Ya mine are done too its just that I saw such slow dl speeds and percentages were so low I thought it would take forever.

Javaman

Damnit. The latest update bjorked my install or something. Every time the map finishes loading my computer reboots. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm running an E-machine with on-board ATI x200. It ran just fine (albeit slow) before.

Edit-It also reboots when I start a server (after the map finishes loading)

Icy

Banned
try a complete reinstall Java or even updating your drivers on top of that..

Also Suicides no longer take off points from rank.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Icy said:
try a complete reinstall Java or even updating your drivers on top of that..

Also Suicides no longer take off points from rank.

YAY!. My mouse + mouse pad are so bad that alot of the times i twitch a tiny bit and end up looking at the ground then shooting. :lol . I really need to get a new mouse pad. White text + an old mx700 = bad

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
It's hard enough trying to get on with 24 players, if it was 18 i would never be able to own it up and get destroyed by giganticus as a spy.
24 is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom