• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
Nice exploit, on dustbowl, engineer can lock entire team in base

orq7ux.jpg

firex

looks like you just build enough stuff to block off the entrance and your team can't blow it up. I don't think it's a sploit to ruin the opposing team... more like something people will probably learn to do in order to be dickheads or something.

No_Style

Good games, tonight, folks. I like mp_wolf, but it needs to get rid of that direct link from spawn up to Control Point C. mp_base never had it, so I have no idea why the creator the map included it. It fortifies C too quickly. Sent an e-mail to the creator about it.

Joe Molotov

firex said:
looks like you just build enough stuff to block off the entrance and your team can't blow it up. I don't think it's a sploit to ruin the opposing team... more like something people will probably learn to do in order to be dickheads or something.

Can't you jump over the teleporters though?

artist

Banned
Moving up:

And I'm the 5th best canuck on the server after No Style, Big-E, Doytch, BlackWaltz :D

Dominated Icy :)p) and Pillow today .. gg all. :)

ezekial45

Banned
I had a lot of fun tonight everyone. Although the game crashed after the wolf map.

Quick question: I like the background images of the main menu. Is there anyway i can get them as a desktop theme? Or are they available on any sites?

Great games everyone.

ezekial45 said:
Quick question: I like the background images of the main menu. Is there anyway i can get them as a desktop theme? Or are they available on any sites?
I'd like to know this as well. I LOVE this games art.

ezekial45

Banned
Lhadatt said:
Tried looking inside the game folders? The music is there in MP3, the graphics might be too.

I tried looking around for it, but i didn't find anything.

Spotless Mind said:
I'd like to know this as well. I LOVE this games art.

Yeah its great. Has anyone read The Goon? The art is EXTREMELY similar. Did they get the same guy?

Heh, i resized them too small. Here they are.
2u76pm9.jpg

65bnd0.jpg

1girso.jpg

14kgu9l.jpg

Seriously, every goddamn time i entered the blue base, Giganticus would come from nowhere and backstab me. I hate spies now because of you. :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Woo im on fire as i killed spotless :lol

And i agree with the giganticus backstab crap, he is ALWAYS after me. It's the most annoying shit ever.

Is there a bug with the "shooting an enemy spy while they are disguised as a friendly target" ?. I shot giganticus a few times but i didn't get any real notification that it was a spy untill he decided to come out of disguise to backstab someone else. I thought it pulled them out and exposed them.

jtardiou

Banned
hey ok im sick of my awful computer dropping to 10fps
someone give me parts to buy for a comp i can put together

i need a solid video card and cpu basically -_- help pls

Borys

Banned
jtardiou said:
hey ok im sick of my awful computer dropping to 10fps
someone give me parts to buy for a comp i can put together

i need a solid video card and cpu basically -_- help pls

What are your current specs? What motherboard do you have?

evlcookie said:
Woo im on fire as i killed spotless :lol

And i agree with the giganticus backstab crap, he is ALWAYS after me. It's the most annoying shit ever.

Is there a bug with the "shooting an enemy spy while they are disguised as a friendly target" ?. I shot giganticus a few times but i didn't get any real notification that it was a spy untill he decided to come out of disguise to backstab someone else. I thought it pulled them out and exposed them.
It just *really* hurts, but my health bar doesn't look any different to you (it looks like it's constantly at 80% or something, to attract medics). The best way is to look for the blood splats. If there's blood coming out of the guy you're shooting (or he's not shooting back), then it's a spy so keep shooting.

Sorry for being mean, but the spy is just too similar to the Covops from WolfET, so I absolutely love it. The guy I always seem to get killed by/kill is Javaman, cos of his protectiveness of his goddamned sentries :lol

jtardiou

Banned
Borys said:
What are your current specs? What motherboard do you have?

i have 2.8ghz P4
radeon 9800 pro
1.5gb of ram

runs tf2 like shit on 800x600.. well its playable but its still pretty awful

im willing to spend about $1,500~ on a new system, including a 19" LCD that runs with good refreshrate? is that even possible to get a good flatscreen monitor that is good for gaming?

btw ty for that budget pc thread but that is too cheap for me (im assuming its not that great?) but im retarded when it comes to pcs and it could be the deal of the fucking century in front of my own eyes and i wouldnt have a clue.

keep me posted =]

Zanboo said:
Nice exploit, on dustbowl, engineer can lock entire team in base

i dont see how this would work...

get one demo with a pyro behind him covering for spies and the demo just laces 8 stickies into that entrance and boom nothing you can do about it. entrance is then cleared you get a few spies going in to sap the base silly while using the demo to distract and cause confusion with the pyro and it shouldnt be too hard surely?

well i guess the hard part would be getting a decent co ordinated attack out of some people.....

edit: infact to add to that i would get a spy to run along the line sapping everything just as he is about to detonate the nades. that way if the pyro behind run towards or the engineers try to save their turrets they go boom too ;)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Giganticus said:
It just *really* hurts, but my health bar doesn't look any different to you (it looks like it's constantly at 80% or something, to attract medics). The best way is to look for the blood splats. If there's blood coming out of the guy you're shooting (or he's not shooting back), then it's a spy so keep shooting.

Sorry for being mean, but the spy is just too similar to the Covops from WolfET, so I absolutely love it. The guy I always seem to get killed by/kill is Javaman, cos of his protectiveness of his goddamned sentries :lol

Yea that's the thing i knew there was meant to be blood when i shot you, but today i didn't see a damn thing. Sometime's it was just obvious it was you, no idea why either. Maybe its just buggy on my end, and my shotty low settings aren't giving me the signs that im shooting an enemy in disguise. Oh well its all fun :lol

1-D_FTW

I've had rounds where spies have gone on rampages against me.

It means you've gotta switch to Pyro.

It always irritates me when a spy is rampaging the team and you see like 3 Pyros on your team. Do your job Pyros. But I'll add another Pyro to the team and just become a spy hunter. Hopefully it means after a couple burns they'll stop being so aggressive and you can switch back to another class.

lexi

Banned
jtardiou said:
i have 2.8ghz P4
radeon 9800 pro
1.5gb of ram

runs tf2 like shit on 800x600.. well its playable but its still pretty awful

my roommate has a 9600, amd 3000 or something and he runs 40fps+ at 800x600.

Everybody gets a shot in the face. It's easier if you're a demoman or pyro to detect spies, otherwise, you just gotta shoot until you think the person would should be dead.

1-D_FTW

Reading these last couple post reveals why I've sucked as a Spy. Somebody hits me with a shotgun blast and I'd think my cover was blown by blood splatter and panic into battle. You've gotta pretend it didn't hurt and go about your business. Good to know.

Lhadatt

jtardiou said:
i have 2.8ghz P4
radeon 9800 pro
1.5gb of ram

btw ty for that budget pc thread but that is too cheap for me (im assuming its not that great?) but im retarded when it comes to pcs and it could be the deal of the fucking century in front of my own eyes and i wouldnt have a clue.
I didn't make that thread so your overly consumerist self could poopoo it. Cheap != Bad. If you want to keep on that line of thought, go buy a $3200 Alienware rig.

Try updating your graphics drivers to the latest Catalyst. It's a long shot but you never know. I'm on a Radeon 9600XT 128MB, Athlon 2500+, 1GB RAM, and TF2 runs just fine for me at 1240x768 or whatever the 16:10 resolution is in that range.

Jenga

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Reading these last couple post reveals why I've sucked as a Spy. Somebody hits me with a shotgun blast and I'd think my cover was blown by blood splatter and panic into battle. You've gotta pretend it didn't hurt and go about your business. Good to know.
Most of the time most people don't seem to notice when you actually get hurt. Got hit by a few needles by a medic and then the idiot healed me.

The only time you should panic is when you get set on fire by a pyro. That's your time to run the fuck away.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
macgyverislookinggood.jpg

And i thought he was meant to be a nice guy!!

I really need to start taking picture's of people killing me. The one posted by fallengorn is just kick ass.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
1-D_FTW said:
Explosive devices are another matter. Teammates aren't affected by explosions, but spies clearly are. If you've been hit by a rocket and somebody nearby isn't a moron, your cover is blown.

BTW, last night I went on a small killing spree as sniper that even included a totally blind hit on a cloaked spy. :lol

"Explosive devices are another matter. Teammates aren't affected by explosions, but spies clearly are. If you've been hit by a rocket and somebody nearby isn't a moron, your cover is blown."

With rockets, it's a bit tricky as you usually aim for feet, so there's a half/half chance that they may/may not get pushed by the explosive (instantly alerting any smart soldier that hurr they're a spy).

Hitokage said:
Explosive devices are another matter. Teammates aren't affected by explosions, but spies clearly are. If you've been hit by a rocket and somebody nearby isn't a moron, your cover is blown.

BTW, last night I went on a small killing spree as sniper that even included a totally blind hit on a cloaked spy. :lol

hmm i would blame you but i am pretty sure you werent on the server when i was on. i say that as i was cloaked walking accross the bridge on 2fort and boom headshot from a sniper. was like wtf?! thought i did ok though got 52 points as a spy that round ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom