• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy

Banned
evlcookie said:
It's hard enough trying to get on with 24 players, if it was 18 i would never be able to own it up and get destroyed by giganticus as a spy.
24 is perfect.

I'd hope for valve to bump it to 32 but the maps arne't made for that many.

Icy

Banned
omgimaninja said:
Yeah I played on a map with 32 and my poor little iMac was lagging so bad and running so poorly i couldn't play a game. 24 is perfect.

the 32 player servers are hex edited binary files. Very unstable, laggy and buggy. More than likely not your PC.

1-D_FTW

Icy said:
try a complete reinstall Java or even updating your drivers on top of that..

Also Suicides no longer take off points from rank.

Thanks. Although, you know what: That change allowed you to pass me in rankings. You have 10 suicides compared to my 8. So the 50 extra points you picked up, allowed you to pass me in the standings. So not so bad after all, huh?

saelz8

You guys have probably (maybe) seen this already, but Steam has the Orange Box TV commercial up to watch and download.

Here

Make sure and watch it in HD! Makes it A LOT better.

Cool commercial.

lexi

Banned
Just played this game at a LAN party (60-70 people in attendance) and it fucking rocked. Usually on these lans we variate throughout the day from game to game but we pretty much played TF2 for the entire duration.

ice cream

Banned
WTF guys, I was playing TF2, and I quit. Exited steam etc..
I come back 2 hours later wanting to play more, and now on the My Games list, it says TF2 is uninstalled. WTF?! I looked at my steam folder in my hard drive and all the TF2 files are there etc...
20l5dz.png

And yes I opened the TF2 folder, everything is there

lexi

Banned
ice cream said:
WTF guys, I was playing TF2, and I quit. Exited steam etc..
I come back 2 hours later wanting to play more, and now on the My Games list, it says TF2 is uninstalled. WTF?! I looked at my steam folder in my hard drive and all the TF2 files are there etc...
20l5dz.png

And yes I opened the TF2 folder, everything is there

Log out of Steam and relog, this has happened to me before and a relog fixed it.

Failing that, send a support ticket to Valve.

Quellex said:
You guys have probably (maybe) seen this already, but Steam has the Orange Box TV commercial up to watch and download.

Here

Make sure and watch it in HD! Makes it A LOT better.

Cool commercial.

Yeah I saw that last night on TV, was like hell ya, lets get some advertising going on.

uhhh....nevermind, Im blind lol.

ice cream

Banned
SuperEnemyCrab said:
Yeah I saw that last night on TV, was like hell ya, lets get some advertising going on. It's interesting there are no EA logo's either, I guess valve is paying for this themsevles?
Waht are you talking about, there's an EA logo at the beginning?

"I only see a list of games, nowhere to input the GAF server ip."

Switch to the Favorites tab, right click any blank spot on the server browser and click add by IP. Or something like that.

Icy

Banned
Well I'm gonna throw some more custom maps onto the server (not in rotation)

Here are pics...

Mach has been updated to a version 2. higher ceilings, more terrain, bug fixes,etc

mach2_1t.jpg

mach2_2t.jpg

mach2_3t.jpg

Flood Zone.. version 6.

cp_floodzone2_1t.jpg

cp_floodzone2_2t.jpg

cp_floodzone2_3t.jpg

Circle Town..

tf2_circletown_b1_1t.jpg

tf2_circletown_b1_2t.jpg

STF 3.. which I have no words to describe but... CRAP.

stf3_1t.jpg

stf3_2t.jpg

saelz8

I'm interested in trying Flood Zone. Circle map looks like a gimmick, I'll try it though, for shits and giggles.

Raised ceilings in Mach is good stuff, that was the worst thing about the map.

Is that a surf map I see? They should save that shit for Portal.

Icy

Banned
Yeah it is a surf map. I'm not touching it. lol.

I got circletown, mach 2, and floodzone on the server now. Updated my TF2 post thats linked under my Name with the links to download. Going to check them out now.

Javaman

Icy said:
try a complete reinstall Java or even updating your drivers on top of that..

Still no luck. I've completely reinstalled TF2 and checked that I'm running the latest drivers. HL2 runs like a champ but I guess I'm outta the TF2 loop until Valve releases a fix.

Apparently it was a device driver that created a stop to the system, at least according to MS's analysis. I guess I'll keep trying some different configs. It sucks that they broke what was working fine beforehand.

I had a lot of problems when EP1 was released with a sound bug. It took them over a month to work it out and update the episode so I could play it. :eek:P

ice cream

Banned
Blader5489 said:
GIF that, please.
2ajddi0.gif

Yeah, I know it';s not the best but I tried

FUCK THIS STEAM. Seriusly, I want to play TF2, I have the files. It's beein fucking stuck on 85%, doesn't even say the speed its downloadinh, its fucking slow. I'm really pissed now...

Oh and why takedown the Euro server? I know it's quite expensive to run a server so if that was the reason, I understand.

saelz8

ice cream said:
FUCK THIS STEAM. Seriusly, I want to play TF2, I have the files. It's beein fucking stuck on 85%, doesn't even say the speed its downloadinh, its fucking slow. I'm really pissed now...
Did you try deleting your ClientRegistry.blob and AppUpdateStats.blob in your Steam directory?

Icy

Banned
Oh and why takedown the Euro server? I know it's quite expensive to run a server so if that was the reason, I understand.

No one used it and the US server gets well enough speed and connections that people from EU and AU have no problems playing.

Icy

Banned
Hitokage said:
Icy: Works better without other lines.

true. but aww well. New maps suck. Floodzone is a sniper/scout fest. Mach 2 no changes noticable. and.. circletown.. yeah we crashed it when we went into tother teams repsawn :lol :lol :lol

ice cream

Banned
Quellex said:
Did you try deleting your ClientRegistry.blob and AppUpdateStats.blob in your Steam directory?
Did that, doesn't fix it and now I have to re-update Episode 1, episode 2 and peggle extreme. Woohoo

Icy said:
No one used it and the US server gets well enough speed and connections that people from EU and AU have no problems playing.

Oh shit, thanks, I better get on once I get my fucking TF fixed.
I'm just so pissed right now.
I mean seriously, why am I getting 6 kb/s?

Crushed

Fry Daddy
ice cream said:
http://i20.tinypic.com/2ajddi0.gif[img][/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Icy][img]http://www.neogafclan.com/bale.gif[img][/QUOTE]
Close, but no cigar.

[IMG]http://i24.tinypic.com/70upae.gif

saelz8

Just played some with a 360 controller I just bought.

It makes me want to cry.

(Sega Rally Revo on the other hand, WOO!)

Icy

Banned
None of them are going into the rotation. I'm putting them on the server to check them out at least. If anything wolf is the only one worthy of rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom