• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adg1034

Okay, stupid question time.

Tell me about voice chat in Source engine games. Never had a chance to get into CS:S, and from my TF2 time, I've gotten the impression that anything you say while holding down the voice key goes out to everyone, not just your teammates. Is this the case, or am I getting worried for no reason?

firex

voice chat settings are a server configuration. Some servers have voice for all, but most are voice for one team only.

Doytch

firex said:
voice chat settings are a server configuration. Some servers have voice for all, but most are voice for one team only.

I thought my game was bugged out the first time I heard the opposing team in TF2. It was really cheap, because I was playing spy and would just change disguises when they called me out. :lol

firex

yeah, I remember playing on a server with cross voice chat and some guy trying to coordinate/get people to assist him, so the entire other team knew where he was.

Icy

Banned
Doytch said:
I thought my game was bugged out the first time I heard the opposing team in TF2. It was really cheap, because I was playing spy and would just change disguises when they called me out. :lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Wow, Hitokage was really dominating on the last round of Dustbowl. That was a fun session, but I need to eat now. I need to wake up before everyone starts playing so I can eat before I play next time. :lol

Hitokage said:
"Nerf Hito!"

:lol:lol:lol

Seriously man, it seems like about 2/3rds of my deaths are caused by you. No matter how well I'm doing, how many people I'm fighting, how many people I've killed, or even if you're one of them, yours is the rocket that gets me.

According to my stats, you've killed me 20 times, I bet like 15 of them were today.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
As a matter of fact...

Code:
Rank, Name, Kills, Deaths, K-D
1. 	 platypotamus 			20 	7 	2.86
2. 	 n0b 				19 	20 	0.95
3. 	 Big-E 				17 	10 	1.70
4. 	 jupiter2112 			17 	4 	4.25
5. 	 [NeoGAF]Icy 			15 	7 	2.14
6. 	 EviLore 			15 	7 	2.14
7. 	 [G3]Payard 			13 	1 	13.00
8. 	 Wolf am I! (and Shadow) 	12 	6 	2.00
9. 	 PillowKnight 			11 	10 	1.10
10. 	Simon 				10 	6 	1.67

I also beaned you after we won in gravelpit and you were a medic trying to escape through the A-B cave.

Hitokage said:
I also beaned you after we won in gravelpit and you were a medic trying to escape through the A-B cave.

I remember it well, a memory that will haunt my memories for many a cold night.

The worst was one time on Dustbowl at the end there. I'm at full health, round a corner, and take a Hito critical rocket to the face and die instantly. We weren't fighting or anything, I just happened to turn the corner at the wrong time, and who's critical rocket is it? Bah!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Haha, one particularly funny part was when I was coming out of the alleyway end of the tunnel coming from the trench along with Closeau and Teknopathetic, and suddenly I can't walk forward... *fires rocket, spy parts cover the stairs*, and it turned out several others were coming right behind him, and several MORE after that. Killed or kill-assisted them all. "Why do they keep doing that?" :lol

Davidion

Wow, loved that last game of Dustbowl, holding the last point for 18 minutes and learning how to appreciate the pyro at the same time. :lol

Finally beginning to appreciate all the work that medics do now. I kept running back after a skirmish expect to be half dead only to realize I had 450 life points left. *taps temple*

1-D_FTW

Davidion said:
Wow, loved that last game of Dustbowl, holding the last point for 18 minutes and learning how to appreciate the pyro at the same time. :lol

Finally beginning to appreciate all the work that medics do now. I kept running back after a skirmish expect to be half dead only to realize I had 450 life points left. *taps forehead*

I don't think I've ever played that map where it wasn't filled with turrets guarding the CP.

I spent the first half of that round dicking around with a turret. Then most of the second half playing defense with the Pyro. I'm amazed you can play offensive defense on that map and win. Definitely the most enlightening round I've ever seen of that.

EDIT: I really need to pay attention to names. But I assume I'm talking about the right game.

Dave Long

Banned
Hitokage said:
Isn't that mono? I really wouldn't use that.
Uh, what the heck does this matter? The sound of the game is coming out of my speakers/subwoofer. I don't need to hear you guys talking to me in stereo or surround or whatever...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Dave Long said:
Uh, what the heck does this matter? The sound of the game is coming out of my speakers/subwoofer. I don't need to hear you guys talking to me in stereo or surround or whatever...
Wait, is this just a mic or is it a mic and a headphone? The headphone part is what I'm talking about. :p

Big-E

Hitokage said:
Wait, is this just a mic or is it a mic and a headphone? The headphone part is what I'm talking about. :p

I use a ps2 headset and just use the mic portion. All sound comes through my speakers so its a good cheap alternative.

Icy

Banned
What what? Server #2 is now online in time for retail. However its not setup for Stats yet. So any/all activity isn't tracked. Should be good to go by the 10th when I reset the scores.

Hitokage can read! :D

Icy

Banned

Spooka

Clouseau said:
Anyone else have problems with the Steam server list app taking down your router? If I refresh the list too much it takes my network down for a few minutes until the router can clear itself out again.

I've had that happen to me every time I've used it since steam was released. Quite annoying.

lexi

Banned
This has probably been discussed at length, but does anyone else feel the Demoman's primary weapon should be buffed a little?

Either the clip size should be upgraded or grenade explosions that don't strike somebody on the full should do more damage, I've recorded a 'whopping' 60 damage being done from standing on top of a grenade when it explodes.

Icy

Banned
Some of these maps people are making for TF2 are just ridiculous..

thm_69897.jpg

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Icy said:
Some of these maps people are making for TF2 are just ridiculous..

thm_69897.jpg
Sadly, that is one of the downsides of the mod community. You have to filter through the garbage to get the good stuff.

yeb

Clouseau said:
Anyone else have problems with the Steam server list app taking down your router? If I refresh the list too much it takes my network down for a few minutes until the router can clear itself out again.

Weird, I figured I was the only one suffering from that. I find it helps to use filters when searching; I haven't had problems since I started limiting it to US West servers.

adg1034

Nice matches tonight, everyone. It was weird- I went from dominating as Spy on Well to having people see right through me every single time on 2Fort. I guess I just need to work on my technique.

The Stealth Fox

Icy said:
you suck. :lol

epic lulz. good thing he doesn't play on the GAF server!

edit: I just noticed you set up another GAF server! That's awesome! Thank you so much.

lockii said:
Spies on 2fort are usually very obvious.

I find myself cloaking alot on 2fort because disguises are just too obvious.

My ping was outrageous on the gaf server. It was 250, where it's usually only 30-50 on most other servers.

Now it seems I can only connect to games if I join them from someone on my friends list.

Good game. That last round on Dustbowl was great. I set new records for points, kills, damage, dominations and longest life. After our team kept on getting destroyed, I figured I needed to start fragging with the soldier instead of running around with the spy and I guess I made the right choice.

lockii said:
This has probably been discussed at length, but does anyone else feel the Demoman's primary weapon should be buffed a little?

Either the clip size should be upgraded or grenade explosions that don't strike somebody on the full should do more damage, I've recorded a 'whopping' 60 damage being done from standing on top of a grenade when it explodes.
I used to, but not anymore. After spending some time as demo ive learned he's already powerful enough as is. Overall, i'm happy with the game balance there's very little they could do now that would help fix the game because most of the balance issues are minor. With that said I take back what I said earlier about the pyro they're not really overpowered. Odds are when anyone says they are its because they encountered pyro while in crit.

That last game on dustbowl was alot of fun. Except I got auto-balanced to blue around the same time at which we were finally starting to push them back.

PillowKnight said:
I used to, but not anymore. After spending some time as demo ive learned he's already powerful enough as is. Overall, i'm happy with the game balance there's very little they could do now that would help fix the game because most of the balance issues are minor. With that said I take back what I said earlier about the pyro they're not really overpowered. Odds are when anyone says they are its because they encountered pyro while in crit.

That last game on dustbowl was alot of fun. Except I got auto-balanced to blue around the same time at which we were finally starting to push them back.
:lol I didn't notice you got switched at first. I was wondering what happened to your healing and eventually I ended up dying from one of your turrets.

Icy

Banned
Both servers will be stats linked sometime tommorrow.

Wednesday morning sometime, I'll reset the stats for retail release.

There are class limiters in place.

Maximum of 2 Spies and 2 Snipers per team.
Maximum of 3 Pyro and 3 Engineers. I may up Engineers to 4.
Rest is unrestricted.

I may add an additional restriction that makes it so no one can play a spy when there's less than X players. What happens is.. server is empty 4 people.. 2 v2 and 1 person goes spy. Fairly worthless imo. But I'll keep that off for now.

Evilore
Hitokage
Quellex
Teknopathetic
and myself are the current admins at this time.

You can page an admin in game by typging @chat andwhateveryouwant to say
in the chat box. Only goes to the admins :D

Icy

Banned
akachan ningen said:
My ping was outrageous on the gaf server. It was 250, where it's usually only 30-50 on most other servers.

Now it seems I can only connect to games if I join them from someone on my friends list.

Sounds like an issue with your Steam/TF2 install. You may need to reinstall.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
CrookedRain said:
Good game. That last round on Dustbowl was great. I set new records for points, kills, damage, dominations and longest life. After our team kept on getting destroyed, I figured I needed to start fragging with the soldier instead of running around with the spy and I guess I made the right choice.
That sucked so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom