• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
So is this it Icy? You feel good about these servers? Or is this a temporary thing? I'm a little lost too...

Icy

Banned
Class limits and admin functions back in.

To page an admin if one is available just type @chat andhwatever you want to say

and please only use it for the right reasons. :D

Icy

Banned
JoeFu said:
So what happened?

I applied the admin patch with class stuff.

140.85 said:
So is this it Icy? You feel good about these servers? Or is this a temporary thing? I'm a little lost too...

This is it =).

Basically PayPal screwed my first normal host. They only have paypal options and wouldn't allow me to overnight a money order or papercheck.

So I tried out gameservers.com, shitty ass over sold systems. CPUs were unstable. I was with them for 3 hours today.

So now onto leetservers and everything is rocking. :D

1-D_FTW

You must of just reset the server.

We were rockin' out, then the server crashed and it was back to Fort2Fort. NOO:)

Seriously, is there there any way not to require 4 wins on that map? I'd prefer it out of the rotation, but if it's gonna be there, 3 wins per match and 4 matches to win is grueling.

Anyways, I'm a fan of the server. Hopefully this is the final one.

Icy

Banned
1-D_FTW said:

We were rockin' out, then the server crashed and it was back to Fort2Fort. NOO:)

Seriously, is there there any way not to require 4 wins on that map? I'd prefer it out of the rotation, but if it's gonna be there, 3 wins per match and 4 matches to win is grueling.

its using a base config until I get home tonight.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
ICCCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF A FUCKING UBERCHARGE.

I WAS ON A FUCKING STREAK OF DESTRUCTION AND DEATH AND FIRE

WHYYYYYYYY

Crushed

Fry Daddy
JoeFu said:
YOUR UBERCHARGE WAS FULL OF SUCK
I WAS TRYING, OKAY, THEY WERE RUNNING FAST AND THE FLAMETHROWER DOESN'T HAVE A LONG RANGE AND I ACCIDENTALLY PRESSED Q AND SWITCHED TO SHOTGUN AND I HAD TO SWITCH BACK AND A SCOUT RAN UP BEHIND ME AND

uh... What was I saying?

Oh, yeah.

Damn you icyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

1-D_FTW said:

Blasphemy! Playing TF and not liking 2fort is like playing Zelda and not liking Hyrule...or something. 2Fort 4evah. :p

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Davidion said:
I think you need to incorporate some pictures in your post expressing your cries of rage.
angryman.jpg

Medic

Neo Member
Is anyone running this near the minimum specs? I have an old computer (Athlon 2100+, Radeon 9700 Pro, and 1GB of Ram) that barely makes the specs, but I'm worried it won't run well enough to be worth it. Anyone have any experiences to share, since there doesn't seem to be plans for a demo?

Thanks.

Medic said:
Is anyone running this near the minimum specs? I have an old computer (Athlon 2100+, Radeon 9700 Pro, and 1GB of Ram) that barely makes the specs, but I'm worried it won't run well enough to be worth it. Anyone have any experiences to share, since there doesn't seem to be plans for a demo?

Thanks.

How much ram on the video card?

Medic

Neo Member
The 9700 Pro has 128 megs of RAM. I am very close to the minimum specs on everything, so I know I 'pass,' but I was wondering if anyone had tried it and seen how it plays in a full server. I am more worried about the CPU considering the game engine.

[-] October 8, 2007 - Current Release

Changes/Additions
-Team Goals panels stop appearing after you've played a map several times
-At map time limit, Sudden Death now only kicks in if teams are drawn
-Sudden Death only starts in CTF mode if both flags are at home
-Team Fortress 2 stats are only gathered when playing a real game
-Added the player class counts in the class selection dialog

Bug fixes
-Fixed Heavy minigun exploit
-Various fixes to localized text

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Icy said:
Great. PayPal has my charges on "hold" due to a payment I meant to someone overseas. So as it right now, the game server host suspended the account of course until they have funds in their hands.
Yeah, paypal sucks. They try to act like a bank without following the rules it takes to actually be one. I could have told you that. ;)

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Teknopathetic said:
Changes/Additions
-Team Goals panels stop appearing after you've played a map several times
-At map time limit, Sudden Death now only kicks in if teams are drawn
-Sudden Death only starts in CTF mode if both flags are at home

youthcd.jpg

Javaman

Woohoo. The newest update fixed my "map loaded, computer reboots" problem. So far I'm 2 for 2 without crashing. Just in time for the official release. I'll catch you guys online. :) :)

UGH. I spoke too soon. The reboots still occur. I'm thinking it may be only on certain maps since gravel pit loaded ok, but dustbowl causes the problems. 2/4 so for. :eek:P

Jacobi

Banned
This game is awesome :O but I need friends :( I'm CaptainJacko ...
So far it's really great, just wanted to check out the graphics and I played for 2 hours straight. I know one thing : Graphics of the year. Really.

Javaman

Jacobi said:
This game is awesome :O but I need friends :( I'm CaptainJacko ...
So far it's really great, just wanted to check out the graphics and I played for 2 hours straight. I know one thing : Graphics of the year. Really.

Are you sure that's your steam name? It's not showing up with a search.

Big-E

Ok I downloaded the update, started TF2 than while searching for servers the game crashed and FUBAR'd my PC. I tried rebooting in safe mode and everything and it wouldn't go. I am in the middle of repairing it now and hopefully that works. I blame Vista 64.

Big-E

Computer boots now but it won't load TF2. It says it needs to validate files before launching, it validates them but never launches. Do I have to reinstall the whole game from scratch?

EDIT: Everything is all good now.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
At first I was kinda doubtful of the 2nd server... since it was just a handful of us for awhile, but now it's packed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom