• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WARCOCK

Banned
This game is fucking genius. Cs is still better though HAR. I love scout and sniper. Verdict on scout so far is that i cant pretty much take anything in a 1vs1 situation except maybe heavys(but im working on a technique though :D). But its really hard for me to top the charts though mainly because of the lack of damage the scatter gun deals at medium ranges. Im starting to learn how to close in on targets in a live fight but its way too risky. This class played right i think could be pretty exploitable, but it is really hard to master.

Xrenity

The good thing about this game is that even when you're really not that good, you can still have a lot of fun.

It's awesome checking classes out and finding out they're actually more fun than expected in some cases (sniper for me).

Jacobi

Banned
Man this game is AWESOMO. I love the spy. I know it's an asshole character, but that's the fun thing abut him. Just played on a Japanese server (there were also Koreans and Americans I think), and it was great fun, the teamplay seemed more sophisticated on that server. NeoGAF servers were deserted though. Anyway if you see me say hello, IÄm CaptainJacko.

jtardiou

Banned
SuperEnemyCrab said:
They need to re-edit the demoman vid to reflect the nerf.

I dont get it, how was it before? The mine would bounce off him!??!

btw this game is so good it made me buy a new comp

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
jtardiou said:
bombs would explode on contact even if it bounced beforehand.

Now, it will only explode on contact if you get a direct hit. If it bounces, then it just lays on the ground until detonation.

Icy

Banned
jtardiou said:
err i mean, what happens NOW?

On direct impact with a player.. kaboom.

If it bounces.. player watches it bounce or hit him and if your lucky theyll stand still whiel it blows up seconds later.

jtardiou said:

btw this game is so good it made me buy a new comp

The primary grenades used to explode on contact no matter how many bounces/reflects off surfaces, now they only explode on the first hit, no bouncing.

firex

I spent a lot of time last night on 2fort and I don't hate the map so much anymore. It probably helps that the custom CTF maps I've played are way worse. 2fort is just a little bland at first simply because it's a classic and everyone's played it to death, but it's also not really flawed at all. I also got a lot more familiar with the demoman... I love the bastard now. He's no longer a noob friendly OP grenade spammer. Now he's arguably the best for defending a spot, and still a capable killer.

ice cream

Banned
This is a question about MLG/Pros etc:
Does anyone think that on CTF maps, the whole game will be a stalemate?b BOth teams will be amazing and such, really well organzied etc. That it'll be impossible to get the flag (or documents.. :/)..?

Jacobi

Banned
Are the steam servers down or something? Can't connect... If I play the game often ends with the message can't connect to SAC servers...

Aww this thread should be perma-sticky because this game deserves nothing less.

Now I have to bookmark this thread so it's easy to find.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
omgimaninja said:
Aww this thread should be perma-sticky because this game deserves nothing less.

Now I have to bookmark this thread so it's easy to find.

I'm against games having sticky in the online forum; there's not enough traffic to warrant it, so it just becomes a fanboy war over which games deserve it.

Jacobi

Banned
So does anyone know if tomorrow something new will come to TF2? Like Maps? Or nothing? And will there ever be new official maps?

ggnoobIGN

Banned
We've been sent to die?

EDIT: And today is the official release, right? I haven't booted up TF2 yet, but what has changed? And please tell me user made content is available or the kitten gets it.

Doytch

ggnoobIGN said:
We've been sent to die?

EDIT: And today is the official release, right? I haven't booted up TF2 yet, but what has changed? And please tell me user made content is available or the kitten gets it.

Tomorrow is(midnight tonight).

Jacobi

Banned
ggnoobIGN said:
We've been sent to die?

I already played a user made map today

Jacobi

Banned
Icy said:
there's a handful of user made maps and they all suckl except maybe 2.

there is no official sdk out yet.
Yeah, tha map wasn't that good. But I imagine there'll be cool mods&maps in the future (vehicles? make it happen!).

[-] October 9, 2007 - Current Release

Changes/Additions
-Improved driver checks for various cards that can have problems with specific driver versions
-Various updates to Russian and Polish localization
-Spies can no longer reload their revolver while cloaked
-Demomen grenades now collide with players and Engineer buildings after the first bounce, but still won't explode on contact
-Improved startup network initialization to catch issues with server firewalls popping up in the background

Bug fixes
-Fixed loading screen and intro movie showing up on Windows Vista with full screen AA
-Fixed a sound corruption issue which could cause audio popping
-Fixed achievement storage issues that caused a problem with the Head of the Class achievement

Awesome. Now instead of Grenades rolling underneath a sentry, they'll simply bounce away from them.

lexi

Banned
"-Demomen grenades now collide with players and Engineer buildings after the first bounce, but still won't explode on contact "

What the hell is the point? Yet another freaking nerf it seems, I can't even see any reason for it.

I think that basically they won't just fly right past the person or sentry if it hits them but rather drop directly below them or something. We can't really test it until the servers update though.

sharkie

Icy said:
there's a handful of user made maps and they all suckl except maybe 2.

there is no official sdk out yet.

I don't know I liked the wolf map we had on not too long ago

p.s update the server :)

lockii said:
"-Demomen grenades now collide with players and Engineer buildings after the first bounce, but still won't explode on contact "

What the hell is the point? Yet another freaking nerf it seems, I can't even see any reason for it.

erm sounds like a buff to me. No more grenades rolling underneath sentry guns or flying through people.

Icy

Banned
Additional Patch

Demonman Grenades have been removed entirely. He now launches a random colored carebear plush toy. The new load is a limit of 3 carebears at any one time.

Sticky Bombs were replaced with Gummi Bears.

Also we have added an additional Demoman ability. He can perform only 1 time per round, but the al might carebear stare. It will bring smiles and happiness to those enlightend by it.

But while we were at it, we decided to nurf the alcholic beverage bottle he carried. Instead he now has a squishy bat from fisher price.

Icy

Banned
I need a confirmation from someone who may have gotten the xbox 360 edition of the orange box today.. You can't play on our servers right?

"erm sounds like a buff to me. No more grenades rolling underneath sentry guns or flying through people."

Instead they'll just bounce away. Pointless. Probably hurts more than it helps. Meanwhile, scouts still one shotting from a healthy distance.

And no, 360 owners can't play on our servers.

:lol :lol :lol
Those of you who were complaining that the video needed to be edited, there's a message for you all at the end.

Disclaimer: All information regarding Demoman grenade behavior was obtained from Australians believed to be reliable at the time. It is submitted subject to the possibility of errors, omissions, or nerfing without notice.

Teknopathetic said:
"erm sounds like a buff to me. No more grenades rolling underneath sentry guns or flying through people."

Instead they'll just bounce away. Pointless. Probably hurts more than it helps. Meanwhile, scouts still one shotting from a healthy distance.

Guess we'll see how much the bounce is based on physics. If the nade bounces off you in the opposite direction you are travelling I'd expect it to bounce pretty far of you. Different direcitons less so, standing still very little. Then throw in the velocity of the grenade itself to make it more complicated.

The demoman in the vid doesn't have the smiley face picture under his groin protector, oh and he activates a nade on his table but nothing comes of it aww.

Icy

Banned
sharkie said:
No chance.

Do you got it? 8 people on the servers right now do not have steam IDs. but are being authenticated as legitimate per steam from a 3rd party (unnamed or referenced) source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom