• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleazyC

Good set of games there. I was playing under the name Sh03.s| La Migra. Saw quite a few of you guys and had a ton of fun. Definitely will be playing on the server much more.

Icy

Banned
SleazyC said:
Good set of games there. I was playing under the name Sh03.s| La Migra. Saw quite a few of you guys and had a ton of fun. Definitely will be playing on the server much more.

sweet

Javaman

Great games tonight everyone. That teleportal thing was hilarious. I reappeared on top of the sky box in hydro (above the enemy cap point) and had an almost "spiritual" moment. :lol

woeds

Icy said:
there's quite a bit of GAF players on them. Quite a few do not use their GAF forum name either.

Me and SCG are using :[NeoGAF]: Before our names :)
That isn't like an official clantag, is it? I'm always wondering which of the players are GAFfers, using that tag might help

Lhadatt

I thought about making it tacky as sort of parody of clan tags, but then thought better of it. [NeoGAF] lhadatt works just fine.

Rlan

Probably talked about, but I've noticed someones figured out how to get past the invisible wall in the Train node level with Soldiers. Such a bitch now.

"Probably talked about, but I've noticed someones figured out how to get past the invisible wall in the Train node level with Soldiers. Such a bitch now."

? What invisible wall?

1-D_FTW

Rlan said:
Probably talked about, but I've noticed someones figured out how to get past the invisible wall in the Train node level with Soldiers. Such a bitch now.

Yes, explain.

I'm pretty sure if you crouch, you can fire rockets underneath the front of the train and hit people camped at the blocked entrance. That's not what you're talking about, is it?

Or maybe they're rocket jumping to the room windows and entering there?

Rlan

The "invisible wall" is above the train carriages surrounding the middle node point.

Before some people had found that there is a small gap between the carriage which you can shoot a rocket through, or underneath, but I believe I saw a Soldier of the other team somehow make it through to the other side before the countdown had begun.

1-D_FTW

I'm curious, because now that you've mentioned it, I do wonder if you couldn't just rocket launch to the top of the building.

Still, it takes a long time for the soldier to huff it all the way there and I'm not sure you wouldn't be better off buffing the medic's uber-charge.

P.S. Finally added an avatar. It's an Elmer Fudd - Bugs Bunny shot that I hope works at such small sizes.

saelz8

Rlan said:
The "invisible wall" is above the train carriages surrounding the middle node point.

Before some people had found that there is a small gap between the carriage which you can shoot a rocket through, or underneath, but I believe I saw a Soldier of the other team somehow make it through to the other side before the countdown had begun.
Yeah, that's normal, or rather it's been that way since the BETA started.

Icy

Banned
Yeah I just killed it. It rally should be for like 8 players. Just not large enough. but the concept is wonderful.

Icy

Banned
JoeFu said:
Didn't play at all yesterday :(

Icy, do you have the links to the new maps put on the server?

Some of the new maps have external mateirals that need downloaded.

The server now doens't let you download maps from the game server (too damned slow)

Instead it connects to my fast ass webserver and you get it compressed from there, so just a few minutes to download :D

Quagm1r3

Reading all this talk about the PC community having an awesome time I feel like I'm missing out on part of the game. Sure there's the lag problem but the custom maps and organization you guys are talking about sound tempting too.

Jacobi

Banned
Icy said:
Some of the new maps have external mateirals that need downloaded.

The server now doens't let you download maps from the game server (too damned slow)

Instead it connects to my fast ass webserver and you get it compressed from there, so just a few minutes to download :D
Was that the reason for my ban? I think I downloaded stuff from the game server before it

WARCOCK

Banned
Yo in gravel pit as the caputring team after capping one site, is it fair game to spawn camp C? I did that against armitage yesterday and like dinked him three times in a row. It felt kinda cheesy and boring, especially given the new 4 sec timer. WHAT SAY YOU GAFFOTS? I believe its a valid strat. and probably should be employed in stalemates but it is kinda redundant.

Icy

Banned
WARCOCK said:
Yo in gravel pit as the caputring team after capping one site, is it fair game to spawn camp C? I did that against armitage yesterday and like dinked him three times in a row. It felt kinda cheesy and boring, especially given the new 4 sec timer. WHAT SAY YOU GAFFOTS? I believe its a valid strat. and probably should be employed in stalemates but it is kinda redundant.

Its a valid strat. I mean they can just run bakc in heal and fire from the door.
I've done it countless times with a medic and myself as a HW on the main spawn in 2 fort :D

WARCOCK

Banned
I really love you all. <3. Except yeb. I vomit on him: for dragging stalemates everysingle time by base camping next to 3 turrets. Admins need to get the slay command right.

Icy

Banned
WARCOCK said:
I really love you all. <3. Except yeb. I vomit on him: for dragging stalemates everysingle time by base camping next to 3 turrets. Admins need to get the slay command right.

I just pist some guy off.. its 2 blue engies + 1 soldier versis 2 red engines and a solider .

The red guys were trying to move forward while the blue soldier was just camping wherever. so I ported his ass after the move your ass center screen wanring of which he died a few seconds later, threw a fit and d/c'd himself.

Icy

Banned
omg lols/ This kid just emailed me stating that he is reporting me to valve for abuse of power and that i'll be stripped of my admin rights come tommorrow.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

yeb

Icy, I hate to complain, but could you please remove the class limits? They really have almost no effect at forcing a team to be balanced; people can still play scout on defense, have multiple heavies with no medics, etc.

All it does is stop people from switching to a more useful class than what they started the round with. It gets really frustrating when an important class like the spy is being hogged by people who just want to run around backstabbing, when there are unattended sentries and teleporters that need to be sapped. There are also plenty of people who only just got the game, and I'd feel like a total ass if I told someone new that they need to switch classes to make room for someone useful.

If you don't want to remove the limits entirely, then at least make them equal across the board instead of unfairly limiting certain classes.

WARCOCK said:

:lol I always hate sudden death, but it's especially bad as an engineer. I normally try to play a different class.

just played my first online game on 360 and it was awesome! no lag (this was 12 players, not 16) and i like the game a lot. i used pyro and did ok. fun game, it will replace shadowrun nicely!

I actually am really starting to like Engineer now, in the last few games I just played as one and I like supporting others but am not as weak as the Medic.

but I hate spies now, I always take my time building a upgraded sentry only to have it be zapped by one of those bastards.

WARCOCK

Banned
im pretty sure spies played right are probably more of an exploit class then scouts. At least leet scouts have merit for having mad aim and twitch. Spy = patience,metal gear fans could be good spies.

Jacobi

Banned
Can someone tell me why I have such a high ping on the NeoGAF servers? It's always like 190 or even more, when I test my ping it's usually between 20-50... Some days ago it was much lower, it's weird. I want to play on the GAF server, but I won't because I don't want to lag the other players to hell. Am I only able to play on European servers???

Icy

Banned
your ping doesn't effect other players like you think. 2 poeple I know play from Israel and are 300+ and I have had no issue. And there's several EU players who get 80-200 and no issue either.

firex

ironically I think the worst performance I had on tf2 was a really laggy server, where my ping was still only like 50. I don't know what the hell was going on with the server but there were some periods of huge lag spikes that made it unplayable.

Icy

Banned
firex said:
ironically I think the worst performance I had on tf2 was a really laggy server, where my ping was still only like 50. I don't know what the hell was going on with the server but there were some periods of huge lag spikes that made it unplayable.

Server is using a multi core cpu and wasn't setup correctly in terms of making sure CPU0 was the priority cpu with it. The server code is still young and has some ways to go still.

Icy

Banned
After Hitokage alerted me to a player via the stats of cheating and reviewing the log..

found an additionlal 6 suspects of cheating.. banned and removed from stats. If you see anything even fishy let me know via PM and I'll look into it. ALL actions,etc are timestamped and logged, logs are kept on HLstats for 28 days and server logs for 2 weeks =)

Jacobi

Banned
What that shit is even possible ? :O What can you achieve with cheats? Stuff like in Counter Strike? And thanks, I'll go try it out on the GAF server, see you there?

Icy

Banned
Jacobi said:
What that shit is even possible ? :O What can you achieve with cheats? Stuff like in Counter Strike? And thanks, I'll go try it out on the GAF server, see you there?

Basically same cheats people have been using in CS are now out in TF2 :(

Wireframe, teleport, and invisible walls for shooting through.

Dave Long

Banned
That's interesting, because there were a few times I was killed the last couple times playing where the freeze frame was on a sniper who was clearly inside a building with no window to shoot me through.

Icy

Banned
Dave Long said:
That's interesting, because there were a few times I was killed the last couple times playing where the freeze frame was on a sniper who was clearly inside a building with no window to shoot me through.

The freeze frame isn't always the exact moment you got killed. Its right at that moment or a few seconds after. So there's always the possibility of the plahing running for cover.. or as you said, Cheating.

But like I said.. something fishy.. PM via Steam or here on the forums, their steam id name, and around what time it happened. and I"ll look into it.

Dave Long

Banned
I'll keep an eye out for it in the future. It may just have been my mind playing tricks on me. And yeah, I'm aware of the delay before the freeze frame.

firex

I like the GAF servers a lot, but I don't like the class limits... well, I guess it only affects me because I play pyro.

I definitely played on a server before where it felt like everyone on blu was cheating. Red (my team) stank, but still, they were literally at the capture point when we would be getting out of our spawn... and it was all people with the same clan tag.

I won't play on GAF server 'till I get better at the game. Seems so far I'm best as Sniper, Engineer, Heavy, and Demoman. I think those are all the noob classes though. Spies are definitely my least favorite class. I think 60% of my deaths were from spies in the 4-5 hours I played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom